PDA

View Full Version : Cutler

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 04:12 AM
I wonder if Cutler is hoping for a torn ligament. If his knee is fine, his rep is in trouble...lol Most likely it is some kind of sprain.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 09:53 AM
he gave up, dude is soft

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
As far as my 2 cents go, I think every single NFL Player and former player who tweeted that Cutler gave up, or was faking a Injury are TRUE Scumbags, and are hypocrites. M.Jones-Drew especially. I mean I have had a complete ACL and MCL tear in my knee a while back. And I can tell you that if you try to run, and suddenly stop, or go side to side, there is a sharp pain that NONE of you here can Imagine unless you have gone through it. However, as it goes to just ordinary standing and walking, you can do that no problem. It is not a Injury that is even close to the immediate pain of a Sprain Ankle..( Which is the most painful Injury that you can have )...but it is not as serious. Until ALL the facts are in, anyone commenting on Cutler is a plain ole Illiterate weenie.

I mean I have been watching sports for over 35 years as a teenager, and when people call out Cutler for this, and yet I have never heard anything CLOSE to the venom that is being tossed Cutler's way being tossed at the feet of say a Randy Moss, who as football fans we can ALL remember outright QUITING on his Oakland team back in 2006, or the way he left the field early in a Viking game when they still had a chance to win! Or when in Basketball, Scottie Pippen who in a PLAYOFF game REFUSED to enter the final last play of a game cause HIS Number was not called in the play called during a time out, when they decided to go to Toni Kukoc...where was all the national media attention calling Pippen a quiter on his team ? And Pippen was REVERED by the league, and was named to the All time NBA team for the past 25 years!

And what about Jones-Drew ? This guy calling out Cutler, saying HE played with a torn knee,,,well Maurice, I seem to remember that YOU,,,when your team needed you the most in the final two games of the season when your team could have wrapped up the division,,,your butt was not even dressed to play ! So, were you quitting ? And for " Prime Time " Sanders to be calling out ANYONES Toughness is just Flat out Funny :toofunny:

And the very bottom line is this,,,I seem to remember after being pulled out, Cutler looked like he was pleading with Coach Smith to comeback in...and Smith decided to NOT let him. And Head Coaches are IN CHARGE of who plays, and who does not.
So again I think all this criticism of Cutler is just Ignorant of all these Players who are NOT in his shoes, and don't know how he felt, or all the fans calling him out are flat out Stupid!!

TOOLofSTEEL
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
If his knee is fine, his rep is in trouble...lol

Jay ****ler has rep? :toofunny:

Gaydy played on a broken foot(I think, I saw the headline didn't care to read the article), Rivers has played on a jacked up knee before, we could go on down the line... McNabb has manned up and played before during an injury. McNABB!

C'mon Jay. Fricken wuss.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Jay ****ler has rep? :toofunny:

Gaydy played on a broken foot(I think, I saw the headline didn't care to read the article), Rivers has played on a jacked up knee before, we could go on down the line... McNabb has manned up and played before during an injury. McNABB!

C'mon Jay. Fricken wuss.

Name ANY other QB who had a torn ACL or MCL that re-entered a game ? Or for that fact, even one who suffered a SPRAINED MCL ?.......Yeah, I thought so! Also, since when does a player...ANY player TELL his Head coach, or the medical staff that Screw what you say,,I'm going back in,,and then goes back in ?...That's right...it has never ever happened. Yeah some players have comeback after the team took an X-ray, and it was only a bad sprained knee and NO Structual damage. But obviously people who know MORE then YOU...or me thought there was serious structural damage, and told him he cannot play!

So who the hell are you to say different. ? Sounds to me you are as Ignorant as little Maurice Jones-Drew.

TRH
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
i don't agree with players immediately "calling him out" either until you have all the facts in hand.

I did notice one thing during the 1st half. I said to myself on numerous occasions "i'm GLAD he's not our QB...". He was missing receivers, bad throws and just isn't the type of general and leader we are lucky to have here. This was before the injury.

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I heard players twittered that he was faking the injury because he gave up

TOOLofSTEEL
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Name ANY other QB who had a torn ACL or MCL that re-entered a game ? Or for that fact, even one who suffered a SPRAINED MCL ?.......Yeah, I thought so! Also, since when does a player...ANY player TELL his Head coach, or the medical staff that Screw what you say,,I'm going back in,,and then goes back in ?...That's right...it has never ever happened. Yeah some players have comeback after the team took an X-ray, and it was only a bad sprained knee and NO Structual damage. But obviously people who know MORE then YOU...or me thought there was serious structural damage, and told him he cannot play!

So who the hell are you to say different. ? Sounds to me you are as Ignorant as little Maurice Jones-Drew.

Rivers played with a TORN ACL in 2008. :fingers:

Polamalu43Defense!
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Really, you can't comment on this until the info comes out. Palin Hater, as a person who jumped on the ship of jay cutler bashing after that game the other night, you have somewhat changed my stature of thought. I do agree no one should be jumping on this guy on twitter from the likes of Deion and Jones-Drew, because they have no room to talk from there past. But at the same time we need to wait till later today to hear the full report on whether this was a gutless act of not wanting to come back in, or if he really has a tear in leg. It's almost like a lose lose for Bears fans though as he played like ass the time he was in, and Green Bay flustered him and made him throw some bad passes. And for the fact that if it is true, and his leg is truly hurt, I don't think Bears fans will be much more happy as they still LOST the game. So we will have to see...either way, Bears fans are not happy.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Rivers played with a TORN ACL in 2008. :fingers:

If memory serves, Rivers hurt his knee the week BEFORE in the playoff game against the Colts. And if memory serves RIVERS took himself out of that game, and did NOT return! It was only after the game, when they took further tests that it was a PARTIALLY torn ACL Injury, and the doctors who secured it with a Brace, and gave himpain killers decided that with the Brace, Rivers could do no more strutural damage to his knee. But, not knowing that til AFTER a MRI, Rivers did not RISK his career the week before in that Colts game. So, if Rivers is SO TOUGH,,,Why did he take himself out of that game ?

Answer...cause he did not know the EXTENT of the Injury. :fingers:

El Nino
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
well sure we don't know the extent of the injury.

doesn't change my opinion, I hate cutler so I'm gonna believe what I want to for now

SteelHaven
01-24-2011, 11:46 AM
i don't agree with players immediately "calling him out" either until you have all the facts in hand.I did notice one thing during the 1st half. I said to myself on numerous occasions "i'm GLAD he's not our QB...". He was missing receivers, bad throws and just isn't the type of general and leader we are lucky to have here. This was before the injury.

Coach Cutler made a great decision pulling himself out for the 3rd stringer :applaudit:

I'm just kidding, I agree with you 100 percent innocent until proven guilty.. or have we forgot that as a society? I feel bad for Cutler and how he is feeling about this this morning

TOOLofSTEEL
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
He has a torn MCL.

Still a wuss, albeit a justifiable wuss.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
well sure we don't know the extent of the injury.

doesn't change my opinion, I hate cutler so I'm gonna believe what I want to for now

And that is fine. I have no problem with that kinda take. In fact, I think personality speaking Cutler is a weenie. But that in no way should relate to his toughness. Remember, unlike most other players, like Rivers in 2008 when he did play through that slightly torn ACL, he got a shot of Cortisone in his knee. Do you guys even know what cortisone is ? What it can do to a knee Injury ? It can totally make ALL pain disappear. So why Dog out Cutler who cannot take Cortisone like Rivers can. Or like 99 % of the league can ? Remember, Cutler is a diabetic. And cortisone WILL Kill him! So I think people need to cut him some slack.

FanSince72
01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't know what the extent of his injury is or if there WAS an injury or if the Bears are making up an injury or any of that stuff.

What I DO know is what I saw during that game and what I saw was a guy who seemed as if he could think of five or six other things he'd rather be doing than playing football in a cold stadium.

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
MCL tear... Or so they say.

steelax04
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
MCL sprain, not a tear.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de2cb8/article/bears-qb-cutler-suffered-mcl-sprain-in-packers-loss?module=HP_headlines2col

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047

ricardisimo
01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
A sprain is a tear, albeit somehow more manageable, or not a clean break or some such distinction. This all came up with the Steelers not too long ago.

People need to ease up on the testosterone. If we're saying Cutler's not that great a QB, or overrated or such like, fine. But if we're demanding that another human being end their career for our short-term amusement, then we're all douchebags, plain and simple.

steelax04
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
A sprain is a tear, albeit somehow more manageable, or not a clean break or some such distinction. This all came up with the Steelers not too long ago.

People need to ease up on the testosterone. If we're saying Cutler's not that great a QB, or overrated or such like, fine. But if we're demanding that another human being end their career for our short-term amusement, then we're all douchebags, plain and simple.

stretch and/or tear... I haven't read anything where it's saying it was torn. Maybe I'm just missing the implicit meaning of sprain as being a definite tear. I wonder if they're trying to minimize the injury for some juicier reporting... :noidea:

I think the thing with Cutler was his aloof demeanor on the sidelines. Instead of pouting on the sidelines, do whatever you can to help your team win. He seemed like a little kid that was just grounded.

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Apparently a lot of players were calling him soft because he didn't take any pain shots, and just sat there, but he has diabetes and the shots would have possibly ended in death.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
he gave up, dude is soft

LOL. I agree. If the coach wouldn't put me in, I would try to go in so the cams could show it. I agree with those that said they'd have to be carted off.

At least he should have kept them from inserting the #3 for 30 seconds so he could have lead the last drive.

I think he is sick of his offensive line and being battered so he just quit.

I can't believe being 1 drive away and not having any motivation.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 10:46 PM
i don't agree with players immediately "calling him out" either until you have all the facts in hand.

I did notice one thing during the 1st half. I said to myself on numerous occasions "i'm GLAD he's not our QB...". He was missing receivers, bad throws and just isn't the type of general and leader we are lucky to have here. This was before the injury.

Yeah...plus Ben is a warrior. They broke his nose and he went back in. When they hit him in Carolina, his nose started bleeding again.

He has a broken R foot just like Brady. He taped that bad boy up and will address it after the season.

No chance Ben sits without causing a scene.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Apparently a lot of players were calling him soft because he didn't take any pain shots, and just sat there, but he has diabetes and the shots would have possibly ended in death.

This is an exaggeration. a local injection may cause a rise in blood sugar but that can be monitored and addressed.

Do you know sometimes diabetics even receive systemic steroids if it is indicated? They do. It is all about monitoring these things.

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
This is an exaggeration. a local injection may cause a rise in blood sugar but that can be monitored and addressed.

Do you know sometimes diabetics even receive systemic steroids if it is indicated? They do. It is all about monitoring these things.

Its hard to monitor someone who's getting body slammed on the field. But Derrick Brooks who really blasted Culter on twitter said he heard he had diabetes and realized NFL trainers wouldn't give him a shot even if he requested and said he was sorry for his statements. No team would want to risk getting sued over something like that.

SteelKnight
01-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Its hard to monitor someone who's getting body slammed on the field. But Derrick Brooks who really blasted Culter on twitter said he heard he had diabetes and realized NFL trainers wouldn't give him a shot even if he requested and said he was sorry for his statements. No team would want to risk getting sued over something like that.

All that is just people speaking jibberish. Diabetes is not an absolute contraindication to local steroid injections. Blood glucose can be monitored. The local injection MAY raise blood glucose. Like I explained before (even though it is harder to manage in type I Diabeitcs like Jay), if indicated (for certain deseases) systemic steroids (designed to reach bloodstream) may even be given to diabetics. In that case, it would definitely raise BG and insulin adjustments would be made accordingly. In the hands of people that know what they are doing, all can be monitored.

Third Rail
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Jay should have just used telekinesis to win the game like Rivers does...

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/01/marmalards-moment-of-douche.html