PDA

View Full Version : not thrilled.

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
LITP, help me out here. the Patriots taking a running back. If it wasnt for the track record of this regime id be a little ticked.:dang:

i want defense!!!!!!!!

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Everyone else knew it was gonna be RB, why not you?

CantStop85
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
After last year's performance by Corey Dillon and Co., I'd be happy if I were a Pats fan.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:22 PM
LITP, help me out here. the Patriots taking a running back. If it wasnt for the track record of this regime id be a little ticked.:dang:

i want defense!!!!!!!!

I look at the value of the pick - all the big noise is at LB in this draft so it seems to me that we have gotten a good deal with the second RB selected in the draft at pick 21.

I think we will get D in the 2nd, ILB Kai parham or D'Quell jackson (although as i type this jackson has gone early in the 2nd)

We do need a pass rusher to fill willie's boots and I cant see a serious replacement on the current roster.
Maybe Daryll Tapp late today or early tomorrow whoi fits the OLB/De tweener mould preferred by teams running the 3-4.

At the end of the day, im just a typical fan who gets excited by the sexy picks - I think this one was pretty hot.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
After last year's performance by Corey Dillon and Co., I'd be happy if I were a Pats fan.

Dillon was hobbled most of the year - and the rest of the Rb;s followed him so he was pressed into action before he had a chance to recover.

Our O-Line was in the middle of a huge transition not helped by the loss of the starting centre, the starting LT and various other injuries to the other members of the line.

I think our O-Line will see a huge step up this year - Corey will run for 1200-1400 as long as he doesnt lose too many touches to Maroney.

NM

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Everyone else knew it was gonna be RB, why not you?

everybody else?? most mocks i saw had them take a defense. at least they got Chad Jackson.

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Dillon was hobbled most of the year - and the rest of the Rb;s followed him so he was pressed into action before he had a chance to recover.

Our O-Line was in the middle of a huge transition not helped by the loss of the starting centre, the starting LT and various other injuries to the other members of the line.

I think our O-Line will see a huge step up this year - Corey will run for 1200-1400 as long as he doesnt lose too many touches to Maroney.

NM

exactly! Light and Koppen coming back with the work done by Mankins and Kazur have me pumped about the offense this year. It was the injuries to the OL that caused the dropoff, both in RB production, and some of the mistakes by Brady,due to his facing more pressure than usual. So i wasnt worried about RB. Im very happy with the Jackson pick as Givens needed to be replaced.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:54 PM
exactly! Light and Koppen coming back with the work done by Mankins and Kazur have me pumped about the offense this year. It was the injuries to the OL that caused the dropoff, both in RB production, and some of the mistakes by Brady,due to his facing more pressure than usual. So i wasnt worried about RB. Im very happy with the Jackson pick as Givens needed to be replaced.

Dont forget - Givens was only a 7th round pick so Jackson is going to be 3.5 times better! :sofunny:

NM

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I had Williams or Maroney. Both RB's. Most mock's are created by retarded people.

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I had Williams or Maroney. Both RB's. Most mock's are created by retarded people.

leave Tha Rock outta this!

j-dawg
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I think we will get D in the 2nd, ILB Kai parham or D'Quell jackson (although as i type this jackson has gone early in the 2nd)
NM

yep, we gave the saints faine and our 43'd pick for Jackson...

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Dont forget - Givens was only a 7th round pick so Jackson is going to be 3.5 times better! :sofunny:

NM
does that mean he may actually get 1000 yds some day?

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM
does that mean he may actually get 1000 yds some day?

Well maybe not in one day...but over a whole season?

Maybe :cool:

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
yep, we gave the saints faine and our 43'd pick for Jackson...

The Saints lost a high profile Centre didnt they?

It must be nice being a browns fan this year and not having to cringe at the latest pick - savage and Crennell should be an excellent year there for the foreseeable future.

Looks like you are stocking up on quality LB's which is what makes the 3-4 go round.....

NM

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Look on the bright side you are now set at rb for a good while now!

j-dawg
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
The Saints lost a high profile Centre didnt they?

It must be nice being a browns fan this year and not having to cringe at the latest pick - savage and Crennell should be an excellent year there for the foreseeable future.

Looks like you are stocking up on quality LB's which is what makes the 3-4 go round.....

NM

yep, they lost bentley to us... we need a pass rush this year... i hope these guys work out...

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
yep, they lost bentley to us... we need a pass rush this year... i hope these guys work out...

I have a feeling you are moving in the right direction at a good pace.

But dont take my word for it, some of the guys on here really hate the Browns - and even they admit that the Browns are improving every week.

Productive FA followed by a solid draft = 8-8 next year maybe - then your draft talent is matured by the year after and you have a genuine shot at the playoffs in 07.

NM