PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the good people of Pittsburgh

PineappleJetsFan
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Congratulations and good luck in the Superbowl. Holy crap. I'm a mess after losing 2 straight AFC championships. Didn't truly appreciate how crappy Buffalo Bills fans must have felt after losing 4 straight Superbowls. I can't even imagine the pain. Going back to crying in a fetal position now.

PineappleJetsFan
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
I meant to write Good and not Goof in the title!!!

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
LOL! We are goofy though. :chuckle:

Thanks for the congrats...and you guys will get there with that team, don't worry. I know it doesn't sound like much now, but I understand how you feel. I know the Steelers have had a lot of success the past 6 years, but I was never alive for the 4 SB wins in the 70's and grew up with the disappointing 80's Steelers and the Steelers who would get so close only to have it ripped away again and again in the 90's and early 00's.

They've got a good solid core of players and a coach that the team is willing to lay it all on the line for. They are far from done yet.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Jets will be back in title contention next year, they have a emerging QB in Mark Sanchez, a defense that is solid in all phases and weapons on the offensive side. Jets have something special going on and will continue to do so.

thumper
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Jets will be back in title contention next year, they have a emerging QB in Mark Sanchez, a defense that is solid in all phases and weapons on the offensive side. Jets have something special going on and will continue to do so.

The one thing I would worry about w/the Jets is adding too many
poor character guys. You typically can't win a title if you have too
many guys with poor character, like Holmes, Edwards, etc. Yes, you
can absorb a few of those types, if you have enough high character
guys to counter act them. Holmes is not the worst guy ever, but
he shows signs of poor judgment and being kind of stupid. Who
would risk X million bucks a year over hippie lettuce? That is just
stupid. And having 4 kids with 4 different women isn't the brightest
move either.

Any how, they CAN counter act poor character guys if they have enough
higher character guys. But I don't know if Sanchez is the kind of guy,
right now, to lead the team. Maybe by next year.

steelax04
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Should be interesting to see how the handle their free agents.

Dino 6 Rings
01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Rex had his mind right...the Jets, in order to take the next step, need to get some Home Playoff Games.

We did the road warrior thing, once, XL, but after that, playing and winning at home is so much sweeter.

til the Jets win the AFC East and get the 2nd or 1st Seed, they probably won't be able to take that next step. Just because the playoffs are so brutal and the AFC so loaded at the top, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, that to go on the road and beat 3 of those teams is nearly impossible.

Steelers beat the Bengals, Colts and Broncos on the road. Big difference between two of those and the others I mentioned.

PineappleJetsFan
01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Rex had his mind right...the Jets, in order to take the next step, need to get some Home Playoff Games.

We did the road warrior thing, once, XL, but after that, playing and winning at home is so much sweeter.

til the Jets win the AFC East and get the 2nd or 1st Seed, they probably won't be able to take that next step. Just because the playoffs are so brutal and the AFC so loaded at the top, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, that to go on the road and beat 3 of those teams is nearly impossible.

Steelers beat the Bengals, Colts and Broncos on the road. Big difference between two of those and the others I mentioned.

We'll win our division and get homefield advantage not next year, but the year after. Here's my reasoning. We'll get a bye 1st week of Dec. 2012. We'll win our home playoff game the 2nd week of Dec. 2012. The world is supposed to end Dec. 21, 2012.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 01:43 PM
We'll win our division and get homefield advantage not next year, but the year after. Here's my reasoning. We'll get a bye 1st week of Dec. 2012. We'll win our home playoff game the 2nd week of Dec. 2012. The world is supposed to end Dec. 21, 2012.

:rofl:

Hang in there man, you guys will get yours!

Quasar
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
The world is supposed to end Dec. 21, 2012.
I thought the world was going to end on Jan. 23, 2005. It didn't.

That's the day the 16-1 Steelers were knocked out of Super Bowl contention by the Patriots. Life goes on.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I thought the world was going to end on Jan. 23, 2005. It didn't.

That's the day the 16-1 Steelers were knocked out of Super Bowl contention by the Patriots. Life goes on.

He's referring to the Mayan calendar and how the world will end in 2012 because it stops at that point.

chitownpit
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM

I believe they have 15 free agents ? crazy.:coffee:

chitownpit
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
I`d also like to congratulate the people of pittsburg . There is not a city in
this nation , an owner in sports , or a team more deserving . It was great
to hear them mention during the game how pittsburg has been named twice
in 7 years most liveable city in america . Love the fishing , camping , mountains
and hope to be able to drive to a game from my house in an hr some day!!!!

So congrats , to everbody!!!!!!!