PDA

View Full Version : denver gets javon walker with #37 pick

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 07:38 PM
good luck with upcoming contract (could jake the fake be dumped after next year?) still a good move though on their part. they definitely are in "win now" mode. too bad the steelers are already there.

may i add that j. cutler is the 1st qb taken by denver in the 1st round since t. maddox :sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Im sure Cutler just loves being compared to Tommy :toofunny:

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
An early 2nd round pick is a pretty good deal for someone of Walkers talent.
I hear Cutler and I think Ben - of course there is no way to know if he will have the intangibles that Ben possesses.

I think going QB was a clever pick - they got one on their terms rather leaving it until they were desperate and at the mercy of other teams in future drafts.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
An early 2nd round pick is a pretty good deal for someone of Walkers talent.
I hear Cutler and I think Ben - of course there is no way to know if he will have the intangibles that Ben possesses.

I think going QB was a clever pick - they got one on their terms rather leaving it until they were desperate and at the mercy of other teams in future drafts.

NM while his talent does rely on a qb and system to be able to just chuck up the ball, i agree. denver has just saved themselves 3 years of waiting and hoping wr c.jackson (who many had them projected to take in the 1st round) to develop. i hate when steelers opponents actually make the smart move.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
while his talent does rely on a qb and system to be able to just chuck up the ball, i agree. denver has just saved themselves 3 years of waiting and hoping wr c.jackson (who many had them projected to take in the 1st round) to develop. i hate when steelers opponents actually make the smart move.

I see you were pretty p*ssed that other teams in the NFl have started rating highly the players that the Steelers often picked up in later rounds - ie. athletic tweeners who flourish in the 3-4.

Its all the rage now this 3-4 system..the Steelers will have to go invent something else so they can get back to finding top notch talent in rounds 5-7 :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
I see you were pretty p*ssed that other teams in the NFl have started rating highly the players that the Steelers often picked up in later rounds - ie. athletic tweeners who flourish in the 3-4.

Its all the rage now this 3-4 system..the Steelers will have to go invent something else so they can get back to finding top notch talent in rounds 5-7 :cool:

NM you have to admitt that system has produced a multitude of great lb's. hell benchwarmer j. gildon turned out to be the steelers alltime sack leader at lb. g. lloyd, porter, haggans, foote, and now we see players like merriman, and ware become players of the year candidates and winners. players like vrabel and brown snatched off of our roster. hell yeah, im pissed. steelers should still have a monopoly on this. i guess it just took the rest of the league 10 years to catch up to cowhers genius.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
you have to admitt that system has produced a multitude of great lb's. hell benchwarmer j. gildon turned out to be the steelers alltime sack leader at lb. g. lloyd, porter, haggans, foote, and now we see players like merriman, and ware become players of the year candidates and winners. players like vrabel and brown snatched off of our roster. hell yeah, im pissed. steelers should still have a monopoly on this. i guess it just took the rest of the league 10 years to catch up to cowhers genius.

You know im going to agree with you - the Steelers are a finishing school for LB'ers.

In a sense I see something similar happening at New England in terms of OL - some of the low round talent that they have improved is pretty impressive.

Still if the trade off is karma finally letting you have a decent Qb for the first time in decades, im sure you are happy enough to share Bills secret recipe for LB success. :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
You know im going to agree with you - the Steelers are a finishing school for LB'ers.

In a sense I see something similar happening at New England in terms of OL - some of the low round talent that they have improved is pretty impressive.

Still if the trade off is karma finally letting you have a decent Qb for the first time in decades, im sure you are happy enough to share Bills secret recipe for LB success. :cool:

NM i will just assume youre talking about b. cowher and arent trying to get a shameless plug in for belichick. :sofunny: definitely worth the trade off. good to see the steelers arent reaching for lb. (im probably one of the few who believes porter shouldnt be a salary cap casualty next year- 4 mil is pretty cheap for what he brings) steelers will still probably find someone. it may just take a few years for us to know who he is. r. wallace sits and waits.