PDA

View Full Version : Steelers opening drive of AFC Title Game

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
I thought the Steelers would come out and try to run the ball a little bit but, mostly our passing game would have to carry the load for us since the Jets our pretty stout against the run. I was so surprised at how efficient we ran the ball with Mendenhall. Just wanted to get some thoughts on how surprised you were with the Steelers efficiency on the opening drive that took 9:06 off the clock.

madtowndrunkard
01-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I loved it. I had flashbacks to 2005.

OX1947
01-24-2011, 01:05 PM
That was a beautiful drive, and one that would define the season if the Steelers win the Super Bowl. If the Steelers win the Super Bowl, that drive, in my opinion will be the stamp. It was the combination of two worlds working together. Tradition of power running and imposing will, with the ultimate general under center making everything else work in harmony. It was the best drive of the season, and at the most important time of a season.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 01:16 PM
That was a beautiful drive, and one that would define the season if the Steelers win the Super Bowl. If the Steelers win the Super Bowl, that drive, in my opinion will be the stamp. It was the combination of two worlds working together. Tradition of power running and imposing will, with the ultimate general under center making everything else work in harmony. It was the best drive of the season, and at the most important time of a season.

Perfectly worded & I agree, that drive could be the definitive drive that lead us to a Super Bowl win. Also, it was an emphatic statement to make right out of the box, we are here to play and lets see you guys do this on our defense. Mendenhall was just a joy to watch break arm tackles and get out to the sides and sprint for a big gain.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I loved it. I had flashbacks to 2005.

Yeah, agree 100% Could not ask for a better opening than that 9 minute show we got!

Quasar
01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
That was a beautiful drive. The 2nd one when the Steelers piled up 60 yards rushing and 0 passing was good too.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
You also have to factor what that drive and game did for Mendenhall's confidence (and the team's). You are going up against a really good defense and no one is expecting you to run down their throats. For him to go into that game and shred them like he did must make him feel so great and make that o-line feel even better for some good blocking.

Everyone was quick to mention how Roethlisberger, Polamalu, or even Wallace would be game changers and big play makers but it was a lot of Mendenhall. He powered through with his legs and when he hit the outside he looked fast as hell. His legs never stopped when he was carrying that ball. I gained a new found respect for him.

casteeler
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
The offensive line was doing an excellent job and i think showed a vast improvement from the first meeting 5 weeks ago, plus Miller showed just how underrated he is with his role in the entire game

caseyviator
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I LIKED OUR OPENING DRIVE AGAINST THE RAVENS LAST WEEK...WE TOTALLY SMOKED THEM AND WAS SO EASILY DONE EVEN WITH THAT FIRST PLAY PENALTY WHEN WARD PUT REED ON HIS AZZZ..IT WAS A LEGAL HIT BUT IT DREW A 15 YD PENALTY HAHHAHA

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
You also have to factor what that drive and game did for Mendenhall's confidence (and the team's). You are going up against a really good defense and no one is expecting you to run down their throats. For him to go into that game and shred them like he did must make him feel so great and make that o-line feel even better for some good blocking.

Everyone was quick to mention how Roethlisberger, Polamalu, or even Wallace would be game changers and big play makers but it was a lot of Mendenhall. He powered through with his legs and when he hit the outside he looked fast as hell. His legs never stopped when he was carrying that ball. I gained a new found respect for him.

Yeah, and when he did fall down, he fell forward for an extra couple of yards. He has a real impressive motor that found another gear yesterday. Hopefully he can keep up that kind of running in the Super Bowl.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
The offensive line was doing an excellent job and i think showed a vast improvement from the first meeting 5 weeks ago, plus Miller showed just how underrated he is with his role in the entire game

Absolutely, Miller was outstanding blocking the Jets defenders, opening up lanes for Mendenhall and Redman to run through.Offensive line will have its hands full with that Packers defensive line.