PDA

View Full Version : Taman weighs in on Fantuz speculation, Steelers may have signed new receiver

frunko1
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/roughriders/archive/2011/01/21/taman-weighs-in-on-fantuz-speculation.aspx

"There is more on the speculation that Riders slotback Andy Fantuz has signed with the NFLís Pittsburgh Steelers.
Brendan Taman, the Riders general manager, told me Friday that Fantuz has not signed with Steelers. Taman was in touch with a contact with the Steelers to see if the report was true that Fantuz had signed. The speculation started when Rod Pedersen posted on his blog that Fantuz had apparently signed with the Steelers. The announcement was to be made after Pittsburgh completed its playoff run.
Taman added that he no idea if and when Fantuz would sign with the Steelers. Taman was on the Sportscage on Friday and told Pedersen that there is interest in Fantuz from the Steelers. Tamanís gut feeling is Pittsburgh would likely make Fantuz an offer.
Fantuz is vacationing and has declined to comment until the process is concluded."

vBLgUZ9v0K0

youtube vid of him, having trouble getting it to work
vBLgUZ9v0K0

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 03:22 PM
http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/roughriders/archive/2011/01/21/taman-weighs-in-on-fantuz-speculation.aspx

"There is more on the speculation that Riders slotback Andy Fantuz has signed with the NFLís Pittsburgh Steelers.
Brendan Taman, the Riders general manager, told me Friday that Fantuz has not signed with Steelers. Taman was in touch with a contact with the Steelers to see if the report was true that Fantuz had signed. The speculation started when Rod Pedersen posted on his blog that Fantuz had apparently signed with the Steelers. The announcement was to be made after Pittsburgh completed its playoff run.
Taman added that he no idea if and when Fantuz would sign with the Steelers. Taman was on the Sportscage on Friday and told Pedersen that there is interest in Fantuz from the Steelers. Tamanís gut feeling is Pittsburgh would likely make Fantuz an offer.
Fantuz is vacationing and has declined to comment until the process is concluded."

vBLgUZ9v0K0

youtube vid of him, having trouble getting it to work
vBLgUZ9v0K0

What you put in the url tags is all you need to put in the youtube tags to embed the vid.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Old story. I remember this guy working out for us in early December. And I know the Bears worked him out like 2 weeks ago. He had a great season this past season in Canada. But has been very Inconsistent his whole career. Especially with drops. But I guess with El not returning next season, and maybe even Battle. We will need some competition in camp for Sweed IF he is invited back.

43Hitman
01-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Old story. I remember this guy working out for us in early December. And I know the Bears worked him out like 2 weeks ago. He had a great season this past season in Canada. But has been very Inconsistent his whole career. Especially with drops. But I guess with El not returning next season, and maybe even Battle. We will need some competition in camp for Sweed IF he is invited back.
I'm pretty sure Sweed will be in camp. I don't think they would have kept him around this long if they didn't plan on giving him one last shot on the last year of his contract.

theplatypus
01-24-2011, 04:38 PM

He's under contract there's no invitation needed.

ricardisimo
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Although it's difficult to see Sweed ever doing anything in the NFL, this might actually be perfect for him. He'll be the number five receiver at best, most likely number six, and he'll have zero pressure to perform. Nowhere to go but up, I guess.