PDA

View Full Version : Tramon Williams

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 08:20 PM
This guy who has suddenly become the darling of NFL DB's JUST because some stupid opposing QB tossed the ball right into his hands baffles me. I mean who is this guy gonna cover ?...The crafty Vet Hines Ward ? I mean seriously, it's bad enough that Hines has him beat experience and physical wise. But when Hines Ward has it all over him " Speed " wise ?....Oh man, this cat is in serious trouble :doh:

SH-Rock
01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Well who's going to cover Wallace? Woodson is too slow, Sam Shields is said to be 4.2 or 4.3 in the 40 yard dash, but he's still a rookie and Tramon Williams was 4.59 so I think a smart move would go play action fake on the first play for Wallace.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
let's not forget blowjob raji who all of a sudden is the new levon kirkland cause a 3rd string qb threw the ball right at him lol

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Well who's going to cover Wallace? Woodson is too slow, Sam Shields is said to be 4.2 or 4.3 in the 40 yard dash, but he's still a rookie and Tramon Williams was 4.59 so I think a smart move would go play action fake on the first play for Wallace.

Shields ? A 4.2 to 4.3 forty ? :doh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2010/draft/players/48482.html

Yeah, he's okay fast. But small. And you think a undrafted rookie is gonna take out Sanders, who is faster ? Or out physical Ward ?

wutchy
01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
This guy who has suddenly become the darling of NFL DB's JUST because some stupid opposing QB tossed the ball right into his hands baffles me. I mean who is this guy gonna cover ?...The crafty Vet Hines Ward ? I mean seriously, it's bad enough that Hines has him beat experience and physical wise. But when Hines Ward has it all over him " Speed " wise ?....Oh man, this cat is in serious trouble :doh:

Darling of the NFL DB's?

mcg24
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Shields ran a 4.2 40 according to various sources.

steelax04
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Kick them in the teeth first play... I like it.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Shields ran a 4.2 40 according to various sources.

Well I just gave you a link to his OFFICAL Combine time...so where are
your " Various sources " ? :popcorn:

mcg24
01-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Well I just gave you a link to his OFFICAL Combine time...so where are
your " Various sources " ? :popcorn:

Type in Sam Shields 40 time into google...it's on just about every single page.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Type in Sam Shields 40 time into google...it's on just about every single page.

Okay so, some unconfirmed Miami Hurricane website by a fan says he runs a 4.2 40 Yd dash, and I post the LEGIT results of the combine times that Shields ran at SI.com, and you go with the site that has no actual PROOF :toofunny:

You can also go to the NFL.com web site, and click on to the DB times, and they will have VIDEO evidence of his 4.45 40 time. And I think I will believe my eyes, over your nothing website that doesn't offer ANY proof. Oh and did you also notice that they had one of their O-Linemen who is 326 Lbs running a 4.71 40 ? ( LOL @ U Dummy )
Yeah like I'M TOTALLY SURE he ran that as well. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're an Idiot friend!!

mcg24
01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Okay so, some unconfirmed Miami Hurricane website by a fan says he runs a 4.2 40 Yd dash, and I post the LEGIT results of the combine times that Shields ran at SI.com, and you go with the site that has no actual PROOF :toofunny:

You can also go to the NFL.com web site, and click on to the DB times, and they will have VIDEO evidence of his 4.45 40 time. And I think I will believe my eyes, over your nothing website that doesn't offer ANY proof. Oh and did you also notice that they had one of their O-Linemen who is 326 Lbs running a 4.71 40 ? ( LOL @ U Dummy )

You're an Idiot friend!!

Apparently you didn't read my post. I said Sam Shields ran a 4.2 ACCORDING to various sources. I didn't say he ran it. You are a total douchebag, GTFO.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Apparently you didn't read my post. I said Sam Shields ran a 4.2 ACCORDING to various sources. I didn't say he ran it. You are a total douchebag, GTFO.

Then why didn't you call them out as being bogus ? Rather then continuing to argue the fact by repeating he ran a 4.2 forty ? So YOU GTFO Son!

dcbng
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM

I guess he is trying to become the new Larry Brown.

mcg24
01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Then why didn't you call them out as being bogus ? Rather then continuing to argue the fact by repeating he ran a 4.2 forty ? So YOU GTFO Son!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38701660/sports/player_news

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shields_sam00.html

(The official Miami Hurricanes site, yeah I'm sure they're lying)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1116667

(Reports a 4.3 40 time)

But Cbssports, nbcsports, and the Miami Hurricanes organization are all lying. You are correct.

But of course, since you said he ran a 4.4 whatever, you must be right. A player can only have one forty time, and that is the 40 time YOU report. You are a total ****ing douchebag, you come on here and I give you a different time and you resort to name calling? You are a joke.

gbfan
01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Tramon williams has been very good all year..Do some homework. Steelers are very good. But im not afraid of them passing on us in the least bit

OX1947
01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Ok, let me get this straight. So now, we are suppose to worry about the Tramon Williams of the world after Big Ben went through Ed Reed and Revis and Cromartie?

I am not worried about the Packers D. Big Ben played against the Ravens D twice this year and beat them. Beat another Raven Defense in the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.

Steelers D however will need to play like they have been. Pressure and turnovers.

MattsMe
01-25-2011, 06:57 PM

You're an Idiot friend!!

http://greatlittlefortune.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/asshole.jpg

MDSteel15
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
http://greatlittlefortune.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/asshole.jpg

:doh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pete74
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Williams is playing great especially for someone who went undrafted and if he played for us we would all be raving about how good he is. shields looked good recently but i will need to see him do that consistently before i comment

tanda10506
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Tramon williams has been very good all year..Do some homework. Steelers are very good. But im not afraid of them passing on us in the least bit

Then how come nobody knew who he was until the playoffs?

Curdoisseur
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Ok, let me get this straight. So now, we are suppose to worry about the Tramon Williams of the world after Big Ben went through Ed Reed and Revis and Cromartie?

I am not worried about the Packers D. Big Ben played against the Ravens D twice this year and beat them. Beat another Raven Defense in the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.

Steelers D however will need to play like they have been. Pressure and turnovers.

Ed Reed is a safety, not a cover corner. He did basically what Charles Woodson (DPOY last year) does for the Packers, not really much of a comparison to Williams.

Tell me again how Big Ben "went through" Revis and Cromartie. Was it when he was hanging a whole 133 yards on the Jets, 54 entire yards (5 whole completions) of which went to wide receivers?

The Packers pass defense gave up fewer yards and TDs than the Jets, and had twice the INTs.

Tramon Williams had more passes defensed and more INTs (and sacks, and and forced fumbles) than the Jets corners.

Packers4ever
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Are you Steeler fans serious. The Packer DB's have only allowed 3 recievers all season long to total over 100 yds a game & only 3 times have QB's thrown for over 300 yds a game. McNabb threw 49 times for 357 yds, Manning threw 33 times for 301 yds & Hill threw 54 times to get 331 yds. If you really think your Steelers will throw 40 to 50 times your nutz, either that or they might because the Packers are up big. With your weak offensive line the Green Bay pass rush will be on Ben like stink on shit, he won't have the time to throw anything long. Now Ward will get a few but they will be the 5 to 7 yard quick passes as Woodson can cover him easily & your speedster Wallace will be covered by Williams or Shields with a safety over the top, BTW did you see the Chicago game? 1 CATCHE FOR HESTER, who gives a crap if its a 3rd string QB he's still a NFL QB that has to have an open man to throw to. Can Wallace outrun Hester? Now I know your gonna say Ben can fit the ball into a tighter spot & I agree but to assume your recievers are going to waltz all over the Packers defensive backfield makes me hope the Pittsburg staff thinks the same. Not gonna happen fellas. I predict Gentle Ben throws a couple picks to our DB's.
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Are you Steeler fans serious. The Packer DB's have only allowed 3 recievers all season long to total over 100 yds a game & only 3 times have QB's thrown for over 300 yds a game. McNabb threw 49 times for 357 yds, Manning threw 33 times for 301 yds & Hill threw 54 times to get 331 yds. If you really think your Steelers will throw 40 to 50 times your nutz, either that or they might because the Packers are up big. With your weak offensive line the Green Bay pass rush will be on Ben like stink on shit, he won't have the time to throw anything long. Now Ward will get a few but they will be the 5 to 7 yard quick passes as Woodson can cover him easily & your speedster Wallace will be covered by Williams or Shields with a safety over the top, BTW did you see the Chicago game? 1 CATCHE FOR HESTER, who gives a crap if its a 3rd string QB he's still a NFL QB that has to have an open man to throw to. Can Wallace outrun Hester? Now I know your gonna say Ben can fit the ball into a tighter spot & I agree but to assume your recievers are going to waltz all over the Packers defensive backfield makes me hope the Pittsburg staff thinks the same. Not gonna happen fellas. I predict Gentle Ben throws a couple picks to our DB's.

I think those were the SAME DB's who all played last year. And what did Ben do then ? Or are you gonna go to the UNDRAFTED rookie card that is Shields, and say HE is the reason your secondary is so good now, as opposed to last season ? Also, we won't have to throw it all day with our HUGE O-line blocking your small fron-7 and running down your teams " SWISS CHEESE " Run defense. Or did that slip your mind ?

Curdoisseur
01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Absolutely I'm going with the Shields (undrafted - should a Steeler fan be questioning the value of undrafted players?) being the reason our secondary is so good. He's fast and covers tight, he's allowed Woodson to be freed up to cover the slot - Woodson basically plays a hybrid CB/SS/LB role in our defense. Our nickel DB in that game isn't on the team - Josh Bell, who you'll recognize from all the replays of Ben's pass to Wallace to eke out that game.

Small front 7? lol... You really don't know your opponent.

mcg24
01-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Ok...first of all, could you please type in paragraphs? What a mess that post is, who is going to want to read that?

Second, really? Have you ever watched a Steeler game? Do you know anything? I live in Wisconsin but I'm from Pittsburgh, so I have plenty of knowledge on both teams. The Packers DBs were extremely unimpressive last week. Did you see that throw to Bennett where Collins and Woodson just gave up on the play? Wow, that's something I like to see.

I love how you use the "Well Caleb Hanie is a pro QB argument," really? So if every QB is a professional, wouldn't you have confidence in every single QB in the league starting for your team? Jake Delhomme? Brady Quinn? JaMarcus Russell? They are all professionals aren't they? I wouldn't want one of them even thinking about putting on a Steelers uniform.

With our weak offensive line? The Bears O line is just as weak, if not weaker, and you really didn't have a ton of success against them. You couldn't even consistently bring pressure on a third string QB who obviously hadn't practiced with the team or done much preparation.

Bottom line is, we have played a remarkable Ravens D, and beat them. We have played a remarkable Jets D, with arguably the best CB in the game, and beat them. And now we have to play who? The Green Bay Packers that we unleashed on for what, 37 or so points last year? Give me a break, who do you think you are putting fear into here?

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok...first of all, could you please type in paragraphs? What a mess that post is, who is going to want to read that?

Second, really? Have you ever watched a Steeler game? Do you know anything? I live in Wisconsin but I'm from Pittsburgh, so I have plenty of knowledge on both teams. The Packers DBs were extremely unimpressive last week. Did you see that throw to Bennett where Collins and Woodson just gave up on the play? Wow, that's something I like to see.With all due respect, thats 1 play, teams do have one play and Woodson and Collins both explained they had thought the ball was going to be picked off.....no excuse though, was a bad play on both their parts. I dont know how you can say the db's were unimpressive last week, outside of the few plays Caleb made they shut down pretty much everything else.

I love how you use the "Well Caleb Hanie is a pro QB argument," really? So if every QB is a professional, wouldn't you have confidence in every single QB in the league starting for your team? Jake Delhomme? Brady Quinn? JaMarcus Russell? They are all professionals aren't they? I wouldn't want one of them even thinking about putting on a Steelers uniform.

With our weak offensive line? The Bears O line is just as weak, if not weaker, and you really didn't have a ton of success against them. You couldn't even consistently bring pressure on a third string QB who obviously hadn't practiced with the team or done much preparation.

Bottom line is, we have played a remarkable Ravens D, and beat them. We have played a remarkable Jets D, with arguably the best CB in the game, and beat them. And now we have to play who? The Green Bay Packers that we unleashed on for what, 37 or so points last year? Give me a break, who do you think you are putting fear into here?

Since this is my 1st post, I hope I dont bring to much ire on myself. But you guys are severely underestimating our db's. Lat years db play doesnt hold a candle to this years play. Williams has been lights out all year and ask anyone in the NFC and they will tell you he was a pro-bowl snub. Shields is absolutely amazing, I think you guys will be quite impressed with him, He has played better than any corner that was drafted this year and Im not saying that because im a homer...he really is lights out good.

Collins is a very underrated safety and uis just a class below Troy and Ed. Woodson as has been said really doesnt play much slot corner anymore, he is more of a roamer. The 500 yards Ben put up last year more than likely wont happen again.

Also you said we couldnt get pressure on a 3rd string QB, which is not true at all. We rushed 3 and dropped the rest into coverage on 90% of the time he was in. Our 3 men rushing did get pressure, we just didnt blitz him at all. That makes a world of difference.

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Since this is my 1st post, I hope I dont bring to much ire on myself. But you guys are severely underestimating our db's. Lat years db play doesnt hold a candle to this years play. Williams has been lights out all year and ask anyone in the NFC and they will tell you he was a pro-bowl snub. Shields is absolutely amazing, I think you guys will be quite impressed with him, He has played better than any corner that was drafted this year and Im not saying that because im a homer...he really is lights out good.

Collins is a very underrated safety and uis just a class below Troy and Ed. Woodson as has been said really doesnt play much slot corner anymore, he is more of a roamer. The 500 yards Ben put up last year more than likely wont happen again.

Also you said we couldnt get pressure on a 3rd string QB, which is not true at all. We rushed 3 and dropped the rest into coverage on 90% of the time he was in. Our 3 men rushing did get pressure, we just didnt blitz him at all. That makes a world of difference.

Well How sad it that then ? This nobody 3 stringer hung about 160 Yds on you in 20 attempts. Mr.WONDERFUL Rodgers barely put up 240 on 30 attempts. Pro rate that and this Bear nobody had a better afternoon then Rodgers...and against 8 DB's and with having the WORST set of offensive weapons in these playoffs. I mean who do the Bears have at WR ? They have a decent TE who is not CLOSE to our TE. And we have a WR in Wallace who is everything Jennings will ever hope to be. And a Hall of Famer in Ward, and two speedy crafty rookies in Sanders and Brown who will work Shields, and spin him around like a Top! So Congrats on BARELY beating a 3rd string Nobody who outplayed your " Super Star " :hatsoff:

mcg24
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Shields is better than Devin McCourty? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

You blitzed Hanie with more than three on several occasions and he was able to step up in the pocket unharmed...

And of course Ben won't throw for 500 yards...but if he could throw for 500 yards last year, I'm sure he could throw for 300 this year, which is still a monster game.

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Well How sad it that then ? This nobody 3 stringer hung about 160 Yds on you in 20 attempts. Mr.WONDERFUL Rodgers barely put up 240 on 30 attempts. Pro rate that and this Bear nobody had a better afternoon then Rodgers...and against 8 DB's and with having the WORST set of offensive weapons in these playoffs. I mean who do the Bears have at WR ? They have a decent TE who is not CLOSE to our TE. And we have a WR in Wallace who is everything Jennings will ever hope to be. And a Hall of Famer in Ward, and two speedy crafty rookies in Sanders and Brown who will work Shields, and spin him around like a Top! So Congrats on BARELY beating a 3rd string Nobody who outplayed your " Super Star " :hatsoff:

Catty one arent we. :thumbsup:.....

We played pretty much a prevent defense against the 3rd stringer, im not worried about what he did. Just a side note though, it was a Packers vs Bears game and I dont care who is playing, its always tough and its always ugly. Rodgers struggles more against that Tampa 2 than anything else, not sure why, but he does. Like I said though I wouldnt expect much in terms of your WR having big games.....Its possible, but not probable...The way to beat the Packers is to run, run, run...control the clock and keep the ball away from Rodgers. If you guys get into a shootout, your more than likely in big trouble. We are DEEP at WR and our top 3 corners would be #1's on most other teams.

Ive read you guys get frustrated with your conservative play when you guys have the lead, well we feel your pain, we have the same problem...so when you look at games that were close in the playoffs, like Chicago and Philly, note we played extremely soft the second half. Hopefully that wont be ther case in the SB, because its frustrating as hell.

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Shields is better than Devin McCourty? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

You blitzed Hanie with more than three on several occasions and he was able to step up in the pocket unharmed...

And of course Ben won't throw for 500 yards...but if he could throw for 500 yards last year, I'm sure he could throw for 300 this year, which is still a monster game.

McCourty is good and I didnt think about him, but if there is a way to find out how many times they were thrown at this year I would be interested in seeing that. And completion % against. Couldnt find a site with those stats myself. lol

bigchuck
01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
the packers secondary has been tough all year long, and our passing game definatly struggles, its the balance in our O that makes us effective. our wrs do have a knack of making big plays at big times, but they do go missing for long periods in games. the packers front 7 is formidable especially with our back up O line

TRH
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
our passing game 'struggles' because of our battered and decimated OL........................

mcg24
01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
McCourty is good and I didnt think about him, but if there is a way to find out how many times they were thrown at this year I would be interested in seeing that. And completion % against. Couldnt find a site with those stats myself. lol

It's hard to find, but McCourty is simply better. He's one of the best in the game as a rookie. The Packers DBs are ok...but it's not very hard to catch passes that come right to you.

These are the hard passes to catch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlFqdjYqu4

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
our passing game 'struggles' because of our battered and decimated OL........................

Some of the injuries we had may have been the best thing to of happened to us. Barnett at MLB mainly. Desmond Bishop took his place and AJ Hawk has took over the defensive play calling. Bishop is a LB in the Kirkland mold, not as big though. Hawk seems to communicate better with this defense than Barnett did and Bishop is just nasty. We lost our RT early, but Bulaga has played pretty good considering...He will get beat but he is also playing out of position, naturally being a LT.

Packers4ever
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM

I guess I didn't realize I was being graded, your a school teacher huh?

The bears Oline is as good or better than the Steelers & we did in fact have sucess against them. The Steelers gave up 48 sacks this season while the Bears gave up 34.

Bottom line is you LOST to a remarkable Ravens D & LOST to a remarkable Jets D as well. Did you forget those 2 games? And now yes you do have to play a Green Bay Packer team you unleashed 37 on last year. 2 pretty big words don't ya think teach, "last year" is not this year & this year the Packers have a much better defense. 37 will not happen. New England, who put 39 on your very solid defense in your house only put 31 on ours in their house.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
It's hard to find, but McCourty is simply better. He's one of the best in the game as a rookie. The Packers DBs are ok...but it's not very hard to catch passes that come right to you.

These are the hard passes to catch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlFqdjYqu4

I havent seen enough of McCourty this year to base much off of, other than a few games, highlights here and there.I am telling you though Shields is a UFA who is playing corner for only the 2nd year. I know that sounds ridiculous that I am talking him up and thats his background but I assure you, he is legit and has played just as good as our other corner Tramon Williams who most think was a pro-bowl snub in the NFC.

mcg24
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I havent seen enough of McCourty this year to base much off of, other than a few games, highlights here and there.I am telling you though Shields is a UFA who is playing corner for only the 2nd year. I know that sounds ridiculous that I am talking him up and thats his background but I assure you, he is legit and has played just as good as our other corner Tramon Williams who most think was a pro-bowl snub in the NFC.

I know Shields, and he doesn't scare me. I don't know who he would cover. Antonio Brown? Emmanuel Sanders? I like both of those guys to beat Shields every now and then. If they put Shields on Wallace due to his speed, that would be a huge mistake. Wallace could lose Shields in a route in a heartbeat. We'll see, I just don't see Shields making much of an impact. Also keep in mind, Ben very well may be the best quarterback you've faced all year, except for Tom Brady, but Ben has the ability to turn broken plays into huge gains unlike Tom.

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I know Shields, and he doesn't scare me. I don't know who he would cover. Antonio Brown? Emmanuel Sanders? I like both of those guys to beat Shields every now and then. If they put Shields on Wallace due to his speed, that would be a huge mistake. Wallace could lose Shields in a route in a heartbeat. We'll see, I just don't see Shields making much of an impact. Also keep in mind, Ben very well may be the best quarterback you've faced all year, except for Tom Brady, but Ben has the ability to turn broken plays into huge gains unlike Tom.

Seeing as he covered Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, Roddy White on occasion, I really am not worried about your recievers.....The one thing I do worry about is Wards blocking down the field because like I said if you are to beat us, I think it will be in large part because you were successful and STAYED with the run. I just dont see you guys winning another shootout like last year. If its a grind game, Id take the Steelers for the win......Just my opinion though.

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM

The bears Oline is as good or better than the Steelers & we did in fact have sucess against them. The Steelers gave up 48 sacks this season while the Bears gave up 34.

Bottom line is you LOST to a remarkable Ravens D & LOST to a remarkable Jets D as well. Did you forget those 2 games? And now yes you do have to play a Green Bay Packer team you unleashed 37 on last year. 2 pretty big words don't ya think teach, "last year" is not this year & this year the Packers have a much better defense. 37 will not happen. New England, who put 39 on your very solid defense in your house only put 31 on ours in their house.

You are so cluless it's funny :toofunny: Bears gave up 34 sacks ? What color is the sky in your world ? Cutler was sacked 52 times by himself, not 34. We lost to Baltimore ?.....was Ben playing ? We lost to the Jets ?...yes, was Troy playing on defense ? Was Ben's favorite target Heath Miller playing ? Like I said little BoY...funny :toofunny:

El Nino
01-26-2011, 12:07 AM

sorry but the bears o-line is the worst in the NFL, they are not better than the steeler unit, as injured as they are

funny we just beat the ravens and jets on the way here, and you're talking about losing to them in the regular season? you guys have more losses to bring up than us if you wanna play that game lol. you guys are a 10-6 team that got hot at the right time in a weak NFC, your luck will run out.

oh yeah and least we lost to good teams, not like the lions or dolphins, lmao

Packers4ever
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
You are so cluless it's funny :toofunny: Bears gave up 34 sacks ? What color is the sky in your world ? Cutler was sacked 52 times by himself, not 34. We lost to Baltimore ?.....was Ben playing ? We lost to the Jets ?...yes, was Troy playing on defense ? Was Ben's favorite target Heath Miller playing ? Like I said little BoY...funny :toofunny:

My mistake on the Bear stat.
Why are you throwing out the excuses sara? Was Ben playing, Was Troy playing, Was Heath playing,:blah: blah blah blah:blah:. You still lost didn't you?
Green Bay lost 15 players to IR this season & not one Packer has used that as an excuse.
We'll see how the mighty steel curtain crumbles a week from Sunday.:banging:

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Nino
01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
My mistake on the Bear stat.
Why are you throwing out the excuses sara? Was Ben playing, Was Troy playing, Was Heath playing,:blah: blah blah blah:blah:. You still lost didn't you?
Green Bay lost 15 players to IR this season & not one Packer has used that as an excuse.
We'll see how the mighty steel curtain crumbles a week from Sunday.:banging:

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you lost to: detroit, miami (at home), washington

now that's sad. at least every loss we had this year was to playoff teams. how do you explain losing to detroit? LOL.

gbpacker40
01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
you lost to: detroit, miami (at home), washington

now that's sad. at least every loss we had this year was to playoff teams. how do you explain losing to detroit? LOL.

Ill explain it....Its a division game, those always have a element of unpredictability to them and quite frankly, the Lions arent a pushover. Their d-line is arguably one of the best in football. Any team can lose to any team on any Sunday. Its called parity.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Ill explain it....Its a division game, those always have a element of unpredictability to them and quite frankly, the Lions arent a pushover. Their d-line is arguably one of the best in football. Any team can lose to any team on any Sunday. Its called parity.

yeah yeah yeah, so cincy and cleveland are also division games and cleveland is tougher than their record says. They didn't get close to beating us either time. Just saying your homeboy wants to bring up our losses, at least they're to good teams. detroit is on the rise, but come on, they're detroit

gbpacker40
01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
yeah yeah yeah, so cincy and cleveland are also division games and cleveland is tougher than their record says. They didn't get close to beating us either time. Just saying your homeboy wants to bring up our losses, at least they're to good teams. detroit is on the rise, but come on, they're detroit

Yeah it is sad none the less.....Worst part is my buddy is a Lions fan.....(Yeah they exist)....Losses happen, we really never put it together over a period of time this year, our team can be very inconsistent at times. One game we can light you up for 42 pts and the next game we could get 10....Its really kind of strange....I blame a lot of that on McCarthy....He plays a lot softer when we get the lead or even if its close....We have the capability to put up 42 every game, but he seems to take his foot off the pedal. Not making excuses, because we lost those games but the team playing in the playoffs seems quite different than the one we seen in the regular season.....Referring to our ability to finally win close games.

I am telling you this though, I have a feeling this wont be the last SB we meet in, Im betting we meet again within 3 years on the same stage so this could end up being the beginning of a great rivalry.

Packers4ever
01-26-2011, 12:36 AM

I was just pointing out to the jakoff that the Steelers did in fact also lose to the teams he said they beat. Green Bay losing to Detroit wasn't as big a suprise as everyone thought but it did hurt. The Lions will soon be a playoff team. Miami also fought your Steelers to a one point game & Washington well that one had a stinger to it.

This game will not be decided by the Steeler recievers & Green Bays DB's in my opinion. I think it will be decided one way or the other by the Steeler running game.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbpacker40
01-26-2011, 12:39 AM
I was just pointing out to the jakoff that the Steelers did in fact also lose to the teams he said they beat. Green Bay losing to Detroit wasn't as big a suprise as everyone thought but it did hurt. The Lions will soon be a playoff team. Miami also fought your Steelers to a one point game & Washington well that one had a stinger to it.

This game will not be decided by the Steeler recievers & Green Bays DB's in my opinion. I think it will be decided one way or the other by the Steeler running game.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, how their running game goes will be the telling story of the game.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
The reason he's talking about these players not playing is because they will be playing in two Sundays. These Packers players on IR will not. Especially when you consider that the Steelers beat the Ravens twice this year with Ben in the game. And the Steelers beat the Jets with Troy and Heath back.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 12:43 AM

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well we can agree on some things, I believe also detroit is primed to be a playoff team in a couple years. maybe even next year. you guys will also need to shut down the running game. steelers if they ever have success running the ball, they'll ram it down people's throats until they can stop it.

anyway my bad, i thought you were trashing our teams losses for no reason so i engaged in smack talk. nothing personal lol.

GBpack2010
01-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Steelers are a great football team. We will need to bring our A game and play a full 60 minutes of football to win this.

pete74
01-26-2011, 08:48 AM
its funny how we heard all this same crap about the steelers losing from different fans for the last 4 weeks. first all the baltimore fans then the jets fans and now green bay. when are people going to realize that the steelers are not only the best team this year but the best team of this decade. they will grab there 7th ring next sunday then maybe people will start beliving

isunormalil
01-26-2011, 09:14 AM

This is Larry Brown all over again. Neil O'Donnell gave him a big pay day. Wjhat happen to that?

mcg24
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Seeing as he covered Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, Roddy White on occasion, I really am not worried about your recievers

On occasion...

We'll see come Sunday.

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Williams is always a threat. He defends well and snags QB mistakes. He'll get burnt a few times, but everyone does. He knows when to hold-interfere to save a sure TD. He plays smart.

Your O Line is playing as good as their talent allows them. If Pouncy makes it back at 70-80 % your O Line may hold most of the game. To me this is the key. Your O Line.

mcg24
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Williams is always a threat. He defends well and snags QB mistakes. He'll get burnt a few times, but everyone does. He knows when to hold-interfere to save a sure TD. He plays smart.

Your O Line is playing as good as their talent allows them. If Pouncy makes it back at 70-80 % your O Line may hold most of the game. To me this is the key. Your O Line.

I think he is going to get burnt by Wallace at least once if he has to cover Wallace at all. We have only tried to hit Wallace deep once this post-season, and he drew a big pass interference call. He is due for a deep ball. Also, we haven't used Randle El for a trick play yet, something I doubt we will pass up if we see a decent opportunity to try it on Sunday. Packers won't be ready for it, nobody ever is.

SH-Rock
01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Williams is too slow and Sam Shields is still a rookie. Wallace will beat them all. Watch out for the play action fake.

stonnyfor
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
tramon is one of the best corners in the league and sam shields doesn't play like a rookie he plays a like starter. The steelers best chances came to winning the football game was because we lost woodson and shields. Troy should have not gotten the nfl defensive player because it Should have been Clay. I was suprised that Troy got burnt by jennings and starks. Overall I think packers defense was better than any other defense in the nfl and have been helping our offense put up the points they have.

pjfoley4vb
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
tramon is one of the best corners in the league and sam shields doesn't play like a rookie he plays a like starter. The steelers best chances came to winning the football game was because we lost woodson and shields. Troy should have not gotten the nfl defensive player because it Should have been Clay. I was suprised that Troy got burnt by jennings and starks. Overall I think packers defense was better than any other defense in the nfl and have been helping our offense put up the points they have.

While hindsight is always 20/20, this post is absolutely hilarious to come back on. Most of the people on this forum are very knowledgeable and fair fans, but some of you guys COMPLETELY lack any football knowledge. I love how sarahpalinhater starts two different threads, one about the Steelers passing attack being as good as the Packers if not better and the other being that Tramon Williams is not a good defensive back and will not be able to guard HINES WARD. Are you kidding me? Your passing attack wasn't even close. 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions with under 300 yards without your number 3 wideout compared to 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions with over 300 yards without our number 2 wideout. We got 140 yards and a touchdown from our number 4 wideout. Just shows how deep our wide receiving corp is and how great Rodgers is, that despite the fact that we ran the ball 11(?) times he was still able to shred the Steelers "vaunted" defense. The Steelers defense played well for the middle part of the game, but Rodgers was in control of the entire game, while Ben was not.

As far as Tramon Williams goes, NO it is not because he had ONE game where he had two interceptions. Tramon is a SHUTDOWN cornerback. He had NINE (not just two like you claim) interceptions this season and shut down NUMEROUS top wide receivers. He completely shut down Rody White (the only REALLY big name wideout we played this year) TWICE this season, holding him to under 60 yards in both games. He got absolutely snubbed out of the Pro Bowl. He deserved it even more than Charles Woodson did, who made it from the Packers.

He very well may have been the 2nd best defender in the NFL (maybe not numbers-wise, but he had a season very much like Derrell Revis...teams couldn't throw his way)...behind Clay Matthews. Matthews was snubbed for Defensive Player of the Year, and the Super Bowl proved that. Matthews was making the biggest play of the game and forcing a fumble, while Troy was getting burned twice for touchdowns and once for a huge 3rd down conversion. Clay also has the better hair. Nice flowing locks.

SteelCityMom
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
tramon is one of the best corners in the league and sam shields doesn't play like a rookie he plays a like starter. The steelers best chances came to winning the football game was because we lost woodson and shields. Troy should have not gotten the nfl defensive player because it Should have been Clay. I was suprised that Troy got burnt by jennings and starks. Overall I think packers defense was better any other defense in the nfl and have been helping our offense put up the points they have.

That was true for the post season, but DPOY is a regular season award.

In that respect, the Steelers D did more than the Packers D to help put points on the board and win games. Definitely not downplaying the Packers SB win at all, but the Steelers D didn't step up at all in the post season the way the did in the regular season.

I'd like to know why Matthews should have won DPOY though. Other than his sack totals, I'm not seeing what all they hype was about. He's a great player, yes, but outside of sacks, as a LB...none of his stats (tackles, passes defended, forced fumbles) really stick out with me. They were ok, but a 34 year old Farrior had a better season than him in all those categories except sacks. When Harrison won DPOY, he was far more dominant in those categories. For example, he literally had more solo tackles than Matthews had total tackles.

Again, he's a great young player and is only going to get better...I just didn't see him as much of a dominant game changer as Troy was in the regular season, or as Harrison was when he won it.

SteelCityMom
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
While hindsight is always 20/20, this post is absolutely hilarious to come back on. Most of the people on this forum are very knowledgeable and fair fans, but some of you guys COMPLETELY lack any football knowledge. I love how sarahpalinhater starts two different threads, one about the Steelers passing attack being as good as the Packers if not better and the other being that Tramon Williams is not a good defensive back and will not be able to guard HINES WARD. Are you kidding me? Your passing attack wasn't even close. 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions with under 300 yards without your number 3 wideout compared to 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions with over 300 yards without our number 2 wideout. We got 140 yards and a touchdown from our number 4 wideout. Just shows how deep our wide receiving corp is and how great Rodgers is, that despite the fact that we ran the ball 11(?) times he was still able to shred the Steelers "vaunted" defense. The Steelers defense played well for the middle part of the game, but Rodgers was in control of the entire game, while Ben was not.

As far as Tramon Williams goes, NO it is not because he had ONE game where he had two interceptions. Tramon is a SHUTDOWN cornerback. He had NINE (not just two like you claim) interceptions this season and shut down NUMEROUS top wide receivers. He completely shut down Rody White (the only REALLY big name wideout we played this year) TWICE this season, holding him to under 60 yards in both games. He got absolutely snubbed out of the Pro Bowl. He deserved it even more than Charles Woodson did, who made it from the Packers.

He very well may have been the 2nd best defender in the NFL (maybe not numbers-wise, but he had a season very much like Derrell Revis...teams couldn't throw his way)...behind Clay Matthews. Matthews was snubbed for Defensive Player of the Year, and the Super Bowl proved that. Matthews was making the biggest play of the game and forcing a fumble, while Troy was getting burned twice for touchdowns and once for a huge 3rd down conversion. Clay also has the better hair. Nice flowing locks.

You do realize the person that started the threads that you mention has been banned right, like a while ago?

Clay's hair is greasy, not flowing... and always looks like it needs washed. Hopefully he does that for his new Suave gig. :chuckle:

Rick5895
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Tramon is a great player, Troy had a great regular season, but IMO his injury was far worse than reported which limited him in the post season.