PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, How Sweet it is. The next 2 weeks....

tony hipchest
01-24-2011, 10:25 PM
as an admitted NFL media junkie who reads all the articles, posts on messageboards, subscribes to nfl network and sirius nfl radio, actually enjoys ESPN, i must say that the 2 weeks leading up to the steelers in the superbowl are 2 of my favorite weeks of the year.

other than a blurb about a contract extension and a 1st team all pro nomination, i only heard the name tom brady or peyton manning once today.

not a single time did i hear or see the filthy ravens mentioned.

other than the superbowl being held in dallas, i didnt have to listen to jack shit about the cowboys, and before to long the overhyped jets will be nothing but a distant memory.

once again the steelers have the national spotlight for 2 (possibly 3) whole weeks. sure we have to share it with green bay, but atleast they arent any of the aforementioned teams.

i cant wait for media day. i love all the silly questions, the serious ones, the guys cutting lose, and james harrison being intimidating as all hell. i loved joey porter calling out jeremey stevens. im not worried about how ben will handle questions about his past. i look forward to hearing tomlin tell anyone who will listen that "the standard is the standard when we step into stadiums and defend every blade of grass".

3 times in 6 years.... not many teams fans have been so lucky. let alone twice in 2 different generations.

oh how sweet it is. :tt02:

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
as an admitted NFL media junkie who reads all the articles, posts on messageboards, subscribes to nfl network and sirius nfl radio, actually enjoys ESPN, i must say that the 2 weeks leading up to the steelers in the superbowl are 2 of my favorite weeks of the year.

other than a blurb about a contract extension and a 1st team all pro nomination, i only heard the name tom brady or peyton manning once today.

not a single time did i hear or see the filthy ravens mentioned.

other than the superbowl being held in dallas, i didnt have to listen to jack shit about the cowboys, and before to long the overhyped jets will be nothing but a distant memory.

once again the steelers have the national spotlight for 2 (possibly 3) whole weeks. sure we have to share it with green bay, but atleast they arent any of the aforementioned teams.

i cant wait for media day. i love all the silly questions, the serious ones, the guys cutting lose, and james harrison being intimidating as all hell. i loved joey porter calling out jeremey stevens. im not worried about how ben will handle questions about his past. i look forward to hearing tomlin tell anyone who will listen that "the standard is the standard when we step into stadiums and defend every blade of grass".

3 times in 6 years.... not many teams fans have been so lucky. let alone twice in 2 different generations.

oh how sweet it is. :tt02:

Yes it is, something that we all will cherish for the rest of our lives. I can't wait to see James Harrison at the Super Bowl press conference!

4xSBChamps
01-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I can't wait to see James Harrison at the Super Bowl press conference!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-standclear10feet.jpg

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-standclear10feet.jpg

Haha, exactly, and good luck to those reporters who try and ask him some unrelated football questions..

steeltheone
01-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I hate the next 2 weeks!!!!

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 11:33 PM
I hate the next 2 weeks!!!!

Don't think of it as two weeks...think of it as say....307 hours :thumbsup:....and ticking...ticking....ticking!

FanSince72
01-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, between replaying parts of the game and watching ESPN all day, I think I've somewhat OD'd on Steeler stuff for now.

I think I'll chill for a day or two and then resume my Steeler fix in smaller, more manageable doses.

Merchant
01-25-2011, 12:31 AM
These two weeks are gonna be awesome! But at the same time, the anticipation is killing me..

4xSBChamps
01-25-2011, 01:00 AM
... between replaying parts of the game and watching ESPN all day, I think I've somewhat OD'd on Steeler stuff for now...
fiancee is going-through chemo, so her immune systems is depleted the next week/10 days, and here I am with a sinus infection

:doh:

since my computer is in the garage, I'm listening to sports-radio from da Burgh 24/7, trying to maintain as-much-distance between us as possible, so I'm getting burned-out, too

OX1947
01-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Well, between replaying parts of the game and watching ESPN all day, I think I've somewhat OD'd on Steeler stuff for now.

I think I'll chill for a day or two and then resume my Steeler fix in smaller, more manageable doses.

Really? All I have been hearing is about that (bleep) ass and "did he" or "didn't he" quit. Jesus man, every (bleep) channel and radio channel, thats all they freakin talked about. I finally turned everything off. My god, who gives a crap about Jay Cutler and the Bears.

jjpro11
01-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Really? All I have been hearing is about that (bleep) ass and "did he" or "didn't he" quit. Jesus man, every (bleep) channel and radio channel, thats all they freakin talked about. I finally turned everything off. My god, who gives a crap about Jay Cutler and the Bears.

that shit will all be done and over with in a day or two.. then it will be a little Pro Bowl and all Packers-Steelers. these two weeks are pretty much the last two weeks of the year i watch ESPN consistently until the draft. i don't give two shits about basketball, and their lack of hockey coverage makes it totally unwatchable.