PDA

View Full Version : Another reason the Pro Bowl got it all wrong

TheTerribleTowel
01-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey, as a displaced Steelers fan now living outside Washington DC, I couldn't help but post this tidbit of information. A lot of Skins "fans" (if that's what you want to call them) that live around here were pretty excited that two more Redskins made the Pro Bowl as replacements.

Ok, I know the Pro Bowl selections are a bit of a joke - but I'm not going to like seeing "Pro Bowl Selection" under some of these guys' names next year. They should at least give guys like Woodley a nod that he would have made it in next, then isn't able to play.

Here's the overall biggest issue: The Redskins Defense now has THREE Pro Bowl players (Hall, Orakpo, Fletcher) whose names will say Pro Bowl next year, and the Steelers defense will only have THREE as well (Polamalu, Harrison, Keisel). The Redskins had the 31st ranked defense this year. What gives?

steelax04
01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
You said it... the Pro Bowl selections are a joke.

realdeal
01-25-2011, 12:01 PM
The Pro Bowl is gay!!

steelax04
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
The Pro Bowl is gay!!

Obviously, you meant Tom Brady. :chuckle:

Stu Pidasso
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd rather see "Super Bowl Champion" under these guys' names rather than "Pro Bowl Selection."

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey, as a displaced Steelers fan now living outside Washington DC, I couldn't help but post this tidbit of information. A lot of Skins "fans" (if that's what you want to call them) that live around here were pretty excited that two more Redskins made the Pro Bowl as replacements.

Ok, I know the Pro Bowl selections are a bit of a joke - but I'm not going to like seeing "Pro Bowl Selection" under some of these guys' names next year. They should at least give guys like Woodley a nod that he would have made it in next, then isn't able to play.

Here's the overall biggest issue: The Redskins Defense now has THREE Pro Bowl players (Hall, Orakpo, Fletcher) whose names will say Pro Bowl next year, and the Steelers defense will only have THREE as well (Polamalu, Harrison, Keisel). The Redskins had the 31st ranked defense this year. What gives?

That's a rather ridiculous way of looking at it. I mean a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link! I mean there are 8 other defensive players out there for the Skins who could be way nore responsible for their defensive ranking then the three players chosen for the Pro Bowl. How about their cruddy offense as well ? Maybe they turned the ball over alot, thereby contributing to their bad ranking ? There are facors you are not considering.

realdeal
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Obviously, you meant Tom Brady. :chuckle:

Lol!! Tom Brady is half gay!!

43Hitman
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
The Pro Bowl is gay!!

And so is Tom Brady. :chuckle:

FYP :hatsoff:

TheTerribleTowel
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
That's a rather ridiculous way of looking at it. I mean a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link! I mean there are 8 other defensive players out there for the Skins who could be way nore responsible for their defensive ranking then the three players chosen for the Pro Bowl. How about their cruddy offense as well ? Maybe they turned the ball over alot, thereby contributing to their bad ranking ? There are facors you are not considering.

Yes, I know, it's a team game. Here's all I mean, next year when you're watching NFL (assuming next year you ARE watching NFL with the lockout):

DeAngelo Hall - 2010 Pro Bowl Selection
Brian Orakpo - 2010 Pro Bowl Selection
London Fletcher - 2010 Pro Bowl Selection
LaMarr Woodley

I've watched plenty of Redskins games living in the area, just noting that these are not players who outperformed a lot of Steelers defensive players (in both team and individual performance)

All I mean is that LaMarr Woodley if we was next in line to get to the Pro Bowl, should have been selected as an alternate - then noted that he can't play so they go to the next in line. Woodley gets recognized as a "X time Pro Bowl Player" and everybody's a little happier.

Trying to illustrate why I hate the Pro Bowl.

TheTerribleTowel
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Lol!! Tom Brady is half gay!!

ha! Did anyone else read the bitter article in the Boston papers - discussing how the Patriots should have been in the AFC Championship, that said, "The Patriots own the Steelers. Tom Brady owns the Steelers." haha

If Tom Brady is half gay, the other half is at LEAST bicurious.

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Why do people care?

Its an award for playing a good season, its not like anyone who had a really shitty season is going there. Fletcher is one of the best linebackers and Hall had that really good 4 interception game which gave him some attention.

El Nino
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll be at the pro bowl :D

it's really nothing other than a reason to go to watch some football and drink, and see some of your favorite players. it's nowhere near the same intensity as a real NFL game. Actually doesn't have the same intensity as a UH Warriors game. But it's still all fun.

Third Rail
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
The fact that ANY Washington Redskins made the Pro Bowl list proves that it is a joke. Did any of you hear Chad Dukes rant about them after they got their asses handed to them by Michael Vick? That pretty much sums up the Redskins as a whole. As for individual players... their efforts weren't enough to help them win, so how good were they, really? It's ridiculous.

But like several of you already said, who cares?

ricardisimo
01-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Doesn't New England have the most defensive players in the Pro Bowl? Weren't they ranked something like 28th overall (too lazy to check it myself.) It's a popularity contest, pure and simple.

LVSteelersfan
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
What does Washington Redskins have to do with Woodley not being mentioned as pro bowl alternate? It is easy to make the pro bowl in the NFC with so many terrible teams. Last time I checked Woodley is in the AFC where there are many, many great defensive players. It is not really a snub because I don't think he had nearly as great a season as Timmons did. Timmons should have been on the original pro bowl list but that creep Ray Lewis makes it on merits from past accomplishments alone. He is certainly no longer a pro bowl ILB.

Third Rail
01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
But... but... he's RAAAAAAAAAY LEWIS! Animals want to learn how to talk so that they can hang out with him! And he rides around on a giant raven that has rocket boosters up its ass!

steeltheone
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
ha! Did anyone else read the bitter article in the Boston papers - discussing how the Patriots should have been in the AFC Championship, that said, "The Patriots own the Steelers. Tom Brady owns the Steelers." haha

If Tom Brady is half gay, the other half is at LEAST bicurious.

They do own us. We are fortunate not to have played them. Oh well!:tt03:

LVSteelersfan
01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
We will hear from Patriots fans yet again that we would have not made the Super Bowl if we played them. Funny thing is they have choked away their chance to play us several times since we have won two Super Bowls since their last one. They are delusional up there.