PDA

View Full Version : Haters Gonna Hate...

toughsticks87
01-25-2011, 01:43 PM
I hate living in Boston.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1311744&format=&page=2&listingType=sco#articleFull

Ben Roethlisberger’s a zero, not a hero
Steelers QB rates negative view
Gerry Callahan By Gerry Callahan
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - Updated 6 hours ago
+ Recent Articles
Boston Herald General Sports Columnist
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(130) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share Buzz up!

It’s up to the Green Bay Packers now, our Packers, America’s team. They are the last best hope for good and decent football fans everywhere. Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and the rest of the Pack are all that stand between Ben Roethlisberger and his nauseating return to polite society.

It seems to be a familiar question when Roethlisberger is in the room, but we must ask again: Could someone please stop this man?

The New York Jets [team stats] certainly slowed Roethlisberger down in the AFC Championship Game, but as usual the quarterback’s Pittsburgh Steelers teammates picked him up. Rashard Mendenhall rushed for 121 yards. The Steelers defense held the Jets to 1 yard rushing in the first half and stopped New York on first-and-goal from the 2 in the fourth quarter.

Roethlisberger was thoroughly outplayed by Mark Sanchez, who nearly lifted the Jets out of a 24-0 hole. Big Ben completed just 10 passes, threw two picks and covered up a botched snap in the end zone for a safety. Roethlisberger’s numbers look like something Sanchez would wipe on a teammate’s coat. His passer rating was 35.5, which was naturally downplayed by many critics and columnists who, when watching the Steelers, seem to think the most important thing a quarterback can do is extend plays.

And here I was, under the assumption that they were supposed to, you know, make plays.

Maybe someday Tom Brady [stats] will learn to extend plays. For now, Patriots [team stats] fans will just have to be content to watch him make plays, to drop back three or five steps and hit a receiver in stride. Did he do that against the Jets nine days ago? Of course not. At least not enough. But Brady certainly did more to help his team against the Jets than Roethlisberger did Sunday.

Here was how one scribe from SI.com described Roethlisberger’s performance: “This effort illustrated the entire palate of greatness Roethlisberger possesses . . . He improvised, extended plays and showed the will of a champion. Early Roethlisberger managed a run-oriented attack. Later, he picked apart maybe the best secondary in football.”

He did what? Now I admit I may have been distracted by the bartender in the Miller Lite man-thong commercial, but I saw most of this game. And just to be sure, I went back and checked: Roethlisberger completed three passes for 37 yards in the second half. He threw a pick and got sacked twice after halftime. He did enough to win, as he often does, but he picked apart nobody. He did not illustrate a palate of greatness, whatever that is. And he certainly didn’t deserve an “A,” which is the grade John P. Lopez awarded him on SI.com.

Not an “A-minus,” an “A” — for the guy with the 35.5 rating.

This is, of course, is only the beginning. The two-week deification of Roethlisberger begins. It’s been less than a year since he plied a group of college girls with alcohol and allegedly had his way with one of them in the bathroom while his stooge cop friend stood guard. Now Roethlisberger kneels and prays on the field after games. Now there is hardly a reminder of the behavior that got him bounced from the league for six games (later reduced to four).

Roethlisberger was asked after Sunday’s win if he ever thinks about what he did in Milledgeville, Ga., last March, and he cut off the questioner.

“I don’t,” Roethlisberger said. “I don’t. I’ll stop you now. Not at all.”

It will be interesting to see how Roethlisberger reacts when he arrives in Dallas and receives a daily dose of Milledgeville questions, but here’s a Super Bowl prediction for you: Somehow it will be easier for Roethlisberger to put his troubles behind him than it would have been for Michael Vick or even Brett Favre. By gameday, Roethlisberger’s story will be one of redemption and recovery, of a lost soul who is now found.

And of course, now that he is a good Christian man, he is an even better quarterback. The moment the Steelers knocked off the Jets, the mythology began to spread. If Roethlisberger wins this Super Bowl, he ties Brady with three, so move over, Tom. Step back, Peyton. Big Ben just muscled his way into the conversation for best quarterback in the game.

Which is, of course, ridiculous. Roethlisberger is a good quarterback, maybe even very good, but he isn’t Brady or Manning or even Rodgers. He is a one-time Pro Bowler. He has two Super Bowl rings, but no MVPs. In his Super Bowls, he has one touchdown pass, three picks and a 64.1 rating. In the Steelers’ win over the Seattle Seahawks in 2006, Roethlisberger literally had the worst game a winning QB has ever had in a Super Bowl (22.6 rating).

Roethlisberger is strong and mobile and he knows how to not screw it up. But you know what he really has over Brady? A better defense, better running game and better receivers. There’s your palate of greatness. The Steelers went 3-1 with Charlie Batch at QB. Put Brady on that team and the Steelers are not only in the Super Bowl, they are 10-point favorites.

At the moment, Roethlisberger’s Steelers are 3-point underdogs, and all we can say is: Go Pack. Someone has to stop this man. Ben Roethlisberger has had his way for too long.

CargoJon
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Sounds like an article written by a guy whose team was supposed to win the whole thing, but once again didn't. They must hate us up there.

toughsticks87
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
EVERYONE is rooting for the Packers in Boston. It's all I see on FB. Everyone believes the Patriots are the best franchise in the NFL, and Tom Brady is the second coming of Jesus. It's really absurd.

GMU Steeler
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Well they know in Boston if we win they won't have anything to trash talk us about. My brother has a couple of friends who are bandwagon Pats fans who were trash talking all year and were suddenly quiet a couple weeks ago. And I love the author's qup that Ben's gotten his way too long. The man was suspended for a fourth of the season and the Steelers are still playing for the Super Bowl in a coujple weeks. Just reeks of jealously. They know they're not the best anymore and this bitterness shows.

CargoJon
01-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Well they know in Boston if we win they won't have anything to trash talk us about. My brother has a couple of friends who are bandwagon Pats fans who were trash talking all year and were suddenly quiet a couple weeks ago. And I love the author's qup that Ben's gotten his way too long. The man was suspended for a fourth of the season and the Steelers are still playing for the Super Bowl in a coujple weeks. Just reeks of jealously. They know they're not the best anymore and this bitterness shows.

There's an entitlement attitude to Patriots fans that I don't see anywhere else. I think it comes from Justin Bieber himself, his arrogant ass on TV all the time. BTW I mean Brady.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Ouch!

Bitter Much?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

So let me get this straight...WE ARE THE BAD GUYS!!! AGAIN!!!

HELLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stairway27
01-25-2011, 01:53 PM
They were talking about this guy on The Vinny and Cook Show today. I would love to break my foot off in this loser's ass. If Brady were on this team, he'd be on IR by the second quarter of week 1. Just like in '08. This guy is just bitter because his QB is a Pu$$y, and couldn't handle the Jets "physical" defense.

toughsticks87
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
An entitlement attitude for getting caught red handed cheating? Yeah, Patriots* suck.

GMU Steeler
01-25-2011, 01:55 PM
There's an entitlement attitude to Patriots fans that I don't see anywhere else. I think it comes from Justin Bieber himself, his arrogant ass on TV all the time. BTW I mean Brady.

I think you're absolutely right about that.. Pats fans are among the most arrogant I've encountered .I just remind smile and say 18-1 and remind them that the last year they won a SB was Ben's rookie year.

Packerstud
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Even I thought that was a little harsh. But a few valid points there.

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Haters...

Obviously didn't think about Brady has choked since 2005, and before 2010 he had one of the better defenses in the league playing for him. If he had a defense like, Manning does, lower 15th in the league, Brady would have never won any superbowls.

Its a team sport, I'm getting really tired of people saying quarterbacks win superbowls. They help win, but without a defense they can't win. Colts won with the 22nd defense in the league, the worst defense to win a superbowl, but they intercepted Tom Brady in the AFC championship to get the Colts to the superbowl and played well against the Bears.

Defense wins championships. Quarterbacks just help win... or lose.

GMU Steeler
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Haters...

Obviously didn't think about Brady has choked since 2005, and before 2010 he had one of the better defenses in the league playing for him. If he had a defense like, Manning does, lower 15th in the league, Brady would have never won any superbowls.

It's funny because what the Pats' bandwagoners don't seem to realize is that in the early part of last decade the team was built on the defense. Brady wasn't a game-managing QB but their offense was much more pass balanced and it was about having a strong D, Belichick is after all a Bill Parcells disciple. I think the Pats since they lost to the Colts in the 2006 AFC Championship have tried to become more like the Colts offensively and it just isn't working. Plus they've stoppped relying on D as much. Honestly, I think what's hurt them is in a way the lack of a clutch kicker. It may be a coincidence but they have not won a SB since Adam Vinateri left for Indy. And Vinateri was the one making those clutch FGs in the Super Bowl.

CargoJon
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Haters...

"We're gonna score 17 points? OK."

You scored 14, Tom,

:rofl:

stairway27
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Even I thought that was a little harsh. But a few valid points there.

Here's the only valid thing this douche bag wrote in this POS article:

If Roethlisberger wins this Super Bowl, he ties Brady with three, so move over, Tom. Step back, Peyton. Big Ben just muscled his way into the conversation for best quarterback in the game.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Brady doesnt make it out of a 16 game season, let a lone an 18 game season in tact behind that offensive line, lol.

Brady and Manning would be pulling a Jay culter and tapping out in the 1st quarter.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Your title says it all. The whole article reeks of jealousy! I'm not gonna say I agree with or condone Ben's actions but from what I've seen on the story (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't see how you can say what he did was so terrible considering it goes on regularly in college towns all over America. I realize he's a public figure and should act accordingly, but it's not like he got away with murder. And who is this guy to be judging if Ben's really undergone a change or not?

Oh, and I also agree Tom Brady would be on IR within the first few weeks if he played for us. Wouldn't mind seeing that, actually, except for him wearing the whole black/gold thing.

Hayeksheroes
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Is there such thing as redemption? I don't know what happened in Midgeville. I'm sure mistakes were made on both sides. It's not Kennedy in Chappiquidick, which the people of MA kept voting back into office?
Will Ben ever be redeemed or are we a cruel nation that will continue to punish people who seek our forgiveness?

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Lets see, Patriots in 4 Super Bowls

Vs the Rams...well I wanted the Upset, and the AFC To win, so I rooted for the Pats
vs the Eagles...well I hate the Eagles fans...and Philly...and McNabb...and Owens...I pulled for the Pats
vs the Panthers...well my ex-wife liked the Panthers...go Pats.
Vs the Giants...Bill B was on his way to Tie Chuck Knoll and Brady about to tie Terry...I did pull for the Giants.

So 3 out of 4 times I pulled for the Patriots.

Have the Patriots fans every pulled for the Steelers? I highly doubt it.

But let them drink their bitter tea and discuss the off season adjustments they need to make in order to get a Playoff win this Decade.

Sixburgher
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
"This is, of course, is only the beginning. The two-week deification of Roethlisberger begins."

As opposed to the almost decade long media blow job Brady has gotten. Deal with it, asswipe.

stb_steeler
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Who cares what these tools of media think....theres allways going to be a few that finds the negative things in all of us.Ben has often said it doesnt matter about stats, we're a team thats what we do. Haters are always gonna bring up the past in all who do well, its the only thing they can gripe about. This is a good reason why this country wants religion gone forever, then that way they cant remember we are all sinners and to forgive those who have done wrong!...Then this way they can rant on an on about it till some of us get sick of it. I often wonder what some of these asstypes would do if there were no media communication.

Sixburgher
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Haters are always gonna bring up the past in all who do well, its the only thing they can gripe about.

Speaking of which, the author also conveniently neglected to bring up Brady's bastard child. Wonder why?

chacha
01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
meh, why even copy and paste these lame articles. I didnt even bother reading past the first sentence, the guy's an obvious tool who's sucking on some sour grapes

GMU Steeler
01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Speaking of which, the author also conveniently neglected to bring up Brady's bastard child. Wonder why?

Didn't Belichick sleep with a married woman apparently too? Seem to recall hearing that he was named as a factor in a divorce case. Honestly, what bothers me about the whole thing is the people who call Ben "rapistberger" or "rapist" and ignore the fact he was never so much as charged with a crime. Just drives me crazy that people forget all about innocent and guilty when it involves people they don't like.

Sixburgher
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Didn't Belichick sleep with a married woman apparently too? Seem to recall hearing that he was named as a factor in a divorce case. Honestly, what bothers me about the whole thing is the people who call Ben "rapistberger" or "rapist" and ignore the fact he was never so much as charged with a crime. Just drives me crazy that people forget all about innocent and guilty when it involves people they don't like.

Here's another one that killed me.

"It will be interesting to see how Roethlisberger reacts when he arrives in Dallas and receives a daily dose of Milledgeville questions, but here’s a Super Bowl prediction for you: Somehow it will be easier for Roethlisberger to put his troubles behind him than it would have been for Michael Vick or even Brett Favre."

Huh? The media spent the better part of the season sucking Vick off to an extent usually reserved only for Manning and Brady and Favre got a slap on the wrist by the league office. No comparison to what Ben went through all year for either. Not even close.

stb_steeler
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Exactly......I bet we could dig up backrounds on a lot of pro sport idols...After all Joe Dimaggio was no saint!...And the list goes for miles.

OX1947
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Little history lesson for the ignorant. And everyone outside of the Chowder area puke land knows no other more ignorant, stupid and bias region then the New England area. The Steelers Defensive rankings between 1993-2003:

1993: 3rd
1994: 2nd
1995: 3rd
1996: 2nd
1997: 6th
1998: 12th
1999: 11th
2000: 7th
2001: 1st
2002: 7th
2003: 9th

When you add it all up and average it out, the Steelers had a top 5 defense for 11 years. In those 11 years, the Steelers went to 4 AFC title games, a Super Bowl. Lost 3 AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. And all had the same theme. Lousy QB performance.

Insert Big Ben:

2004: 1st
2005: 4th
2006: 9th
2007: 1st
2008: 1st
2009: 5th
2010: 2nd

Top 3 average D, pretty much same D, and Big Ben has 4 AFC Title Games, 3 AFC Title Wins, 2 Super Bowls and 60 min away from winning a 3rd.

WAKE UP Chowderville! You cheated to 3 Super Bowls, won one fluke NBA title in 2008 and you're red sox won 2 titles, with one needing the ultimate choke job by the Yanks to do it. Before all these things, you were losers and after, well, your Pats have gone back to your specialty of choking. 3 straight playoffs in the NFL, your celtics choked a 13 point lead in the the 3rd quarter of a Game 7 and the Sox suck nuts. Need to look in the mirror if you are going to speak semantics.

fer522
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Here's the only valid thing this douche bag wrote in this POS article:

If Roethlisberger wins this Super Bowl, he ties Brady with three, so move over, Tom. Step back, Peyton. Big Ben just muscled his way into the conversation for best quarterback in the game.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:tt03: :tt03:

CargoJon
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
"This is, of course, is only the beginning. The two-week deification of Roethlisberger begins."

As opposed to the almost decade long media blow job Brady has gotten. Deal with it, asswipe.
amen brutha

WickedSteel
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Exactly......I bet we could dig up backrounds on a lot of pro sport idols...After all Joe Dimaggio was no saint!...And the list goes for miles.

Babe Ruth, Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Pete Rose, ARod all have checked pasts but the media still slobbers all over them.

I am more and more convinced each passing season that the players and the fans in Boston are the most jealous bunch of losers in the country. I see why the love Brady and his arrogant attitude up there.

TRH
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Here's the "lowdown" on New England, people........
I lived in NE from '08 through half of '10. I have a lot of experience in NE'ers and how they act. They HATE pittsburgh there. They're extremely bitter and nasty people to begin with, so of course they'll write that. I absolutely hated my time there...most of the people who live there are the most miserable people i have ever encountered. They are also very, very jealous of anything "Pittsburgh".
Not to mention that they've tried to blatantly steal Pittsburghs "city of champions" phrase...
They are also "eerily" silent when Brady has a bad game (in other words, any time he gets pressured)

The funny thing about this is....the way he calls the Packers "America's team"....when that is CLEARLY reserved for Pittsburgh (and i'm sure there are a few in Dallas who will argue that), not only in SB victories, but in the largest fan base and more merch sold by a longshot, no one's even close.

Don't be mistaken here....people up there aren't "rooting" for the Packers to win. Let me be very clear about that. They're "rooting" for Pittsburgh to lose.
Not all, mind you, but most.

WickedSteel
01-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Little history lesson for the ignorant. And everyone outside of the Chowder area puke land knows no other more ignorant, stupid and bias region then the New England area. The Steelers Defensive rankings between 1993-2003:

1993: 3rd
1994: 2nd
1995: 3rd
1996: 2nd
1997: 6th
1998: 12th
1999: 11th
2000: 7th
2001: 1st
2002: 7th
2003: 9th

When you add it all up and average it out, the Steelers had a top 5 defense for 11 years. In those 11 years, the Steelers went to 4 AFC title games, a Super Bowl. Lost 3 AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. And all had the same theme. Lousy QB performance.

Insert Big Ben:

2004: 1st
2005: 4th
2006: 9th
2007: 1st
2008: 1st
2009: 5th
2010: 2nd

Top 3 average D, pretty much same D, and Big Ben has 4 AFC Title Games, 3 AFC Title Wins, 2 Super Bowls and 60 min away from winning a 3rd.

WAKE UP Chowderville! You cheated to 3 Super Bowls, won one fluke NBA title in 2008 and you're red sox won 2 titles, with one needing the ultimate choke job by the Yanks to do it. Before all these things, you were losers and after, well, your Pats have gone back to your specialty of choking. 3 straight playoffs in the NFL, your celtics choked a 13 point lead in the the 3rd quarter of a Game 7 and the Sox suck nuts. Need to look in the mirror if you are going to speak semantics.

Not to mention the Bruins' choke job against the Flyers last year. Sorry, couldn't resist.

TRH
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
I lived in NE from '08 through half of '10. I have a lot of experience in NE'ers and how they act. They HATE pittsburgh there. They're extremely bitter and nasty people to begin with, so of course they'll write that. I absolutely hated my time there...most of the people who live there are the most miserable people i have ever encountered. They are also very, very jealous of anything "Pittsburgh".
Not to mention that they've tried to blatantly steal Pittsburghs "city of champions" phrase...
They are also "eerily" silent when Brady has a bad game (in other words, any time he gets pressured)

The funny thing about this is....the way he calls the Packers "America's team"....when that is CLEARLY reserved for Pittsburgh (and i'm sure there are a few in Dallas who will argue that), not only in SB victories, but in the largest fan base and more merch sold by a longshot, no one's even close.

Don't be mistaken here....people up there aren't "rooting" for the Packers to win. Let me be very clear about that. They're "rooting" for Pittsburgh to lose.

UF-Steeler
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
It's the same reason people hate on Tim Tebow (kid is a winner, say what you want). Jealousy.

Every Pats fan I have ever met has either been a) a bandwagoner or b) a real a**hole.

My best friend for over 10 years has never had a team he liked until the Pats won those 3 rings. He also hates the Steelers because i'm a huge fan of them and he continually roots for them to lose. Probably why I don't talk to the jack ass as much. People are going to hate people and teams they're jealous of.

TRH
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
It's the same reason people hate on Tim Tebow (kid is a winner, say what you want). Jealousy.

Every Pats fan I have ever met has either been a) a bandwagoner or b) a real a**hole.

My best friend for over 10 years has never had a team he liked until the Pats won those 3 rings. He also hates the Steelers because i'm a huge fan of them and he continually roots for them to lose. Probably why I don't talk to the jack ass as much. People are going to hate people and teams they're jealous of.

i hear ya. Most of them are your option b)
Pats dont' have that many fans outside of NE. Some, but really not that many for winning 3 SB's.
Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Colts, Dolphins, Giants, Saints all have bigger fanbases (and that list is right off the top of my head, which really says something when you've won 3 SB's in recent years)

UF-Steeler
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
i hear ya. Most of them are your option b)
Pats dont' have that many fans outside of NE. Some, but really not that many for winning 3 SB's.
Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Colts, Dolphins, Giants, Saints all have bigger fanbases (and that list is right off the top of my head, which really says something when you've won 3 SB's in recent years)

You're definitely right about that. I was at a party for the AFC championship game and there were a few Dolphins fans around. Majority of people I know really don't like the Patriots but I overheard them saying they were tired of the Steelers winning.

It's comical really. Haters definitely gonna hate...

SIX-BURGH
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM

WELL SAID! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 13 YEARS THIS SPRING & HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS FANS. NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEATINMG LOSERS. THEY ARE ONLY FANS WHEN THEIR TEAMS IS WINNING WHICH IS PATHETIC. WIN OR LOSE A SUNDAY GAME...I STILL WEAR MY COLORS WITH PRIDE

GO STEELERS :tt02:

TRH
01-25-2011, 03:00 PM
WELL SAID! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 13 YEARS THIS SPRING & HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS FANS. NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEATINMG LOSERS. THEY ARE ONLY FANS WHEN THEIR TEAMS IS WINNING WHICH IS PATHETIC. WIN OR LOSE A SUNDAY GAME...I STILL WEAR MY COLORS WITH PRIDE

GO STEELERS :tt02:

While out and about wearing Steeles gear, more often than not, another Steelers fan would come up and stop me just to talk.

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Oh well, at least the New Englanders will have " The Departed " to fall back on. I mean it DID win Best Picture a few years back :-)

OX1947
01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh well, at least the New Englanders will have " The Departed " to fall back on. I mean it DID win Best Picture a few years back :-)

Yah, the irony there is hilarious too. Considering it was directed by a New Yorker. So, the moral of the story here is, even Boston movies are owned by New York. MUAHAHAH!

LVSteelersfan
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Screw the rest of the world of Steelers haters. These morons just don't see that building a team through the draft and not overpaying players in free agency is what keeps a team strong. They have an excellent team of backup players coming up when the veterans are done and they have been doing it forever. People are jealous that an organization can take players no one else wanted and turn them into gems by waiting their turn and learning their craft by watching the savvy veterans for a year or two. And the cool thing is that the veterans seem to have no problem helping them learn their trade. I love the Rooneys and the way they do things. The Krafts and Jones of the world can kiss my .......

4xSBChamps
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
While out and about wearing Steeles gear, more often than not, another Steelers fan would come up and stop me just to talk.

I haven't worn much Steeler related gear in central Florida this year (still humbled by the off-field incidents this year), but I did this morning to breakfast ~ while standing in-line at McD wearing a Steeler cap, a voice from behind asks if I am a Steeler fan:
this product of inferior breeding snow-bird is wearing a crappy-grin and a Cheatriot* sweateshirt, and I reply 'yeah', so he immediately starts '...well, WE won 3 this decade...'

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Patriotfansest2002.jpg

I nodded my head, then said 'yep... Pittsburgh's won 2 , have a chance at a 3rd this decade in another week, and had a team so-good 30 years ago that the League had to change the rules, allowing a gay-assed organization like yours to compete ~ our owner is respected across the spectrum of all American sports, and fans of the team travel & fill opposing stadiums of rival teams, unlike your team's fans:
anything-else?'

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
This article angers me so much. I want Ben to throw 7 touchdowns and show the world he's the best QB in the NFL.

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I find it absolutely HILLARIOUS that a writer, who has covered the Patriots for 17 years now can call out Ben, who has never been arrested, or charged, or Indicted or even questioned on ANY crime whatsoever. Can then defend his beloved team who sold their soul and brought in the likes of Ty Law ( ARREST TWICE )...Rodney Harrison ( Arrested 3 times )..Corey Dillon ( Arrested,,,I can't count that high )
And Randy Moss ( Arrested once, but has many Character flaws )...not to mention
a team who once IN THE WORK PLACE...A Locer room, had three players put their collective DI CKS! in the face of a female reporter, and then have their own Owner Mock her on Live TV, and yet where is all the outrage there Mr.Callahan " :noidea:

Ironic, Isn't it ?

Steelerfreak58
01-25-2011, 03:54 PM
LMAO what a chump.

plenewken
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
This article angers me so much. I want Ben to throw 7 touchdowns and show the world he's the best QB in the NFL.

And if he doesn't?:noidea:

UF-Steeler
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
And if he doesn't?:noidea:

And if he does? :noidea:

SIX-BURGH
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Here’s a typical Pats fan that decided to try and tee off with me just the other day on a local forum. Notice how my questions were never answered and how he decides it’s best to get out quick.

Pats Dink: Sorry I have been brought up the hate the Steelers. Just out of curiosity why is a guy from N.H. a Steelers fan?

Me: Whoever said I'm from NH? I'm from PA & only have been living here for the last 12 years. My blood will always run Black-n-Gold.

Explain this for me:

Beli-cheat? Caught & admits to videoing other teams play calling…it’s OK!
Vick? Caught dog fight & convicted…it’s OK!
Ray Lewis? Avoids murder charges & jail time by pleading guilty to a misdemeanor & testifying against two co-defendants…it’s OK!
Ben? Charges dropped because of no evidence, other than what 2 gold diggers who accuse him of assaulting them said…everyone calls him a rapist??

Something in America is really wrong but it's OK....we are heading to the Super Bowl & the Ravens, Patriots and Jets are not.

As for the hate thing, I myself was never brought up to hate anyone. People earn that title themselves. The Patriots earned it for me back about 10 years ago when Pats fans threw beer, cups, cussing some vulgar things and even spit on my buddy & his wife when they went to Foxboro wearing their Black-n-Gold jerseys to root for the Steelers. Plus the whole videoing thing as well.

Pats Dink: Wanna go fish Winni this week? Hahahahaha I just hate the Steelers so I got to root for Green Bay. Another team I dislike just not as much as Pittsburg.

USWSteel
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I hate living in Boston.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1311744&format=&page=2&listingType=sco#articleFull

Ben Roethlisberger’s a zero, not a hero
Steelers QB rates negative view
Gerry Callahan By Gerry Callahan
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - Updated 6 hours ago
+ Recent Articles
Boston Herald General Sports Columnist
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(130) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share Buzz up!

It’s up to the Green Bay Packers now, our Packers, America’s team. They are the last best hope for good and decent football fans everywhere. Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and the rest of the Pack are all that stand between Ben Roethlisberger and his nauseating return to polite society.

It seems to be a familiar question when Roethlisberger is in the room, but we must ask again: Could someone please stop this man?

The New York Jets [team stats] certainly slowed Roethlisberger down in the AFC Championship Game, but as usual the quarterback’s Pittsburgh Steelers teammates picked him up. Rashard Mendenhall rushed for 121 yards. The Steelers defense held the Jets to 1 yard rushing in the first half and stopped New York on first-and-goal from the 2 in the fourth quarter.

Roethlisberger was thoroughly outplayed by Mark Sanchez, who nearly lifted the Jets out of a 24-0 hole. Big Ben completed just 10 passes, threw two picks and covered up a botched snap in the end zone for a safety. Roethlisberger’s numbers look like something Sanchez would wipe on a teammate’s coat. His passer rating was 35.5, which was naturally downplayed by many critics and columnists who, when watching the Steelers, seem to think the most important thing a quarterback can do is extend plays.

And here I was, under the assumption that they were supposed to, you know, make plays.

Maybe someday Tom Brady [stats] will learn to extend plays. For now, Patriots [team stats] fans will just have to be content to watch him make plays, to drop back three or five steps and hit a receiver in stride. Did he do that against the Jets nine days ago? Of course not. At least not enough. But Brady certainly did more to help his team against the Jets than Roethlisberger did Sunday.

Here was how one scribe from SI.com described Roethlisberger’s performance: “This effort illustrated the entire palate of greatness Roethlisberger possesses . . . He improvised, extended plays and showed the will of a champion. Early Roethlisberger managed a run-oriented attack. Later, he picked apart maybe the best secondary in football.”

He did what? Now I admit I may have been distracted by the bartender in the Miller Lite man-thong commercial, but I saw most of this game. And just to be sure, I went back and checked: Roethlisberger completed three passes for 37 yards in the second half. He threw a pick and got sacked twice after halftime. He did enough to win, as he often does, but he picked apart nobody. He did not illustrate a palate of greatness, whatever that is. And he certainly didn’t deserve an “A,” which is the grade John P. Lopez awarded him on SI.com.

Not an “A-minus,” an “A” — for the guy with the 35.5 rating.

This is, of course, is only the beginning. The two-week deification of Roethlisberger begins. It’s been less than a year since he plied a group of college girls with alcohol and allegedly had his way with one of them in the bathroom while his stooge cop friend stood guard. Now Roethlisberger kneels and prays on the field after games. Now there is hardly a reminder of the behavior that got him bounced from the league for six games (later reduced to four).

Roethlisberger was asked after Sunday’s win if he ever thinks about what he did in Milledgeville, Ga., last March, and he cut off the questioner.

“I don’t,” Roethlisberger said. “I don’t. I’ll stop you now. Not at all.”

It will be interesting to see how Roethlisberger reacts when he arrives in Dallas and receives a daily dose of Milledgeville questions, but here’s a Super Bowl prediction for you: Somehow it will be easier for Roethlisberger to put his troubles behind him than it would have been for Michael Vick or even Brett Favre. By gameday, Roethlisberger’s story will be one of redemption and recovery, of a lost soul who is now found.

And of course, now that he is a good Christian man, he is an even better quarterback. The moment the Steelers knocked off the Jets, the mythology began to spread. If Roethlisberger wins this Super Bowl, he ties Brady with three, so move over, Tom. Step back, Peyton. Big Ben just muscled his way into the conversation for best quarterback in the game.

Which is, of course, ridiculous. Roethlisberger is a good quarterback, maybe even very good, but he isn’t Brady or Manning or even Rodgers. He is a one-time Pro Bowler. He has two Super Bowl rings, but no MVPs. In his Super Bowls, he has one touchdown pass, three picks and a 64.1 rating. In the Steelers’ win over the Seattle Seahawks in 2006, Roethlisberger literally had the worst game a winning QB has ever had in a Super Bowl (22.6 rating).

Roethlisberger is strong and mobile and he knows how to not screw it up. But you know what he really has over Brady? A better defense, better running game and better receivers. There’s your palate of greatness. The Steelers went 3-1 with Charlie Batch at QB. Put Brady on that team and the Steelers are not only in the Super Bowl, they are 10-point favorites.

At the moment, Roethlisberger’s Steelers are 3-point underdogs, and all we can say is: Go Pack. Someone has to stop this man. Ben Roethlisberger has had his way for too long.

Oh my god... this article is right on the money !!!!!!!! Bravo !!!!! :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

plenewken
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
And if he does? :noidea:

Don't bet too much on it. :chuckle:

Sixburgher
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh my god... this article is right on the money !!!!!!!! Bravo !!!!! :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Behind our offensive line? Fat chance. We don't get past the Ravens with Brady. He can't do shit under a constant rush and it was proven again against the Jets.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM

Explain to me how the Patriots went 11-5 without Tom Brady then.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM

With that much drinking, no wonder you like the article. I'm going to assume you'll be rooting for the Packers on the 6th, since you agree that Ben needs "stopped". :noidea:

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
With that much drinking, no wonder you like the article. I'm going to assume you'll be rooting for the Packers on the 6th, since you agree that Ben needs "stopped". :noidea:

I swear that guy is a Browns fan in disguise...

StainlessStill
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
He blasts Ben's statistics but fails to recognize what he actually does on the field. Ben did many, many, many great things in the Jets game that doesn't show up on the stats sheet and then put on another clutch drive on our last possession to move the chains, and roll the clock to victory formation.

This douche never acknowledges Rodgers very poor 2nd half against the Bears, who were a 3rd string mistake away from tying the game. This is straight up tool bag with hate goggles just wincing in pain that Pittsburgh is in it and will do everything in his power to see the Steelers lose while throwing all Steelers accomplishments out the window.

If a N.E fan would cheer for us, then I'd feel dirty. This just feels right! F-EM, it'll be the day where I give a f*ck what some douchebag N.E fans think of us.

SoCalFan
01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
"can someone please stop this man" HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stb_steeler
01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
:troll::busted:I swear that guy is a Browns fan in disguise...

zulater
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/

Most people who have read my articles or heard me on radio know that I’m a stats guy, but there is one statistic I can do without.

The Passer rating stat.

In Sunday’s AFC Championship Game, the Steelers were able to hold on and eliminate the New York Jets 24-19 and advance to Super Bowl XLV. One of the stories to come out of that game was that Ben Roethlisberger supposedly had one of his worst postseason performances, with a 35.5 passer rating.

Ben’s numbers weren’t that bad. He averaged 7.0 yards per attempt. Anything above 7 is considered very good. But those who cover the game often struggle with the use of statistics. This is mainly due to the NFL shoving their passer rating down our collective throat. It really is a horrible statistic to rely on in a one game set, though it holds a little more water if used over the course of a QB’s career.

First of all, sometimes stats just don’t tell the whole story. Consider that in the 2001 championship game, Kordell Stewart had a passer rating of 45.2. Stewart backers might point to the fact that against the Patriots, Kordell didn’t get the support from the running game that Roethlisberger got from Mendenhall yesterday.

But what the stats don’t tell you is that defenses like the 2001 Patriots were determined to stack the line of scrimmage and force Stewart to beat them. Sunday, the Jets focused on taking wide receivers Hines Ward and Mike Wallace out of the game, forcing the Steelers to beat them by running the ball.

That’s the influence of Roethlisberger that doesn’t show up in the box score. The Jets wanted to take away the pass. The 2001 Patriots wanted to take away Bettis.

New York did the same thing to the Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots, but neither team could run effectively enough to gut out a win. Furthermore, neither team could convert critical third down plays like Roethlisberger did with both his arm and legs. Those runs by Roethlisberger where he picked up first downs and a touchdown, won’t count for much on the NFL’s major quarterback stat.

But even from a pure statistical standpoint, the passer rating can be a very misleading stat.

For example, in the second quarter, Big Ben passed to running back Rashard Mendenhall in the left flat. Mendenhall caught the pass and ran down the left side and was tackled near the two yard line setting up a first and goal. Roethlisberger ran it in for the score on the next play. But had Mendenhall been able to reach the end zone on the pass play, Ben’s passer rating for that game would have gone up about 40 to 50 points. His TD rush gave him no points. In fact, he gets practically nothing in the way of passer rating points, all because his receiver came up just short of the end zone.

And that is the problem with that rating. Their passer rating formula overvalues touchdown passes and interceptions.

In fact, there are some quarterbacks through the years that did not like to throw the “Hail Mary” pass at the end of a half because they know that there is a significant chance the ball will be picked off and their passer rating will take a huge hit.

Think about that for a second. An interception thrown at the end of a half on a Hail Mary play counts the same in the passer rating formula as does a Brett Favre interception that cost his team a chance to move onto the Super Bowl one year ago.

Doesn’t make much sense, does it?

That’s why that formula is so flawed, but the writers and reporters are pretty much stuck with it because it’s what the league uses as its standard.

Ultimately, the best stat to use when grading a quarterback’s performance is yards per pass attempt (YPA). It takes into account the actual efficiency of a QB. .

Furthermore, no yardage stat in pro football has a higher correlation to winning than yards per pass attempt. Kordell Stewart only averaged 5.2 YPA in his postseason career. Anything under 6 YPA is considered abysmal. Roethlisberger entered this post season sporting an average over 8 YPA in the post season. Any average near 8 is considered elite.

Taking it a step further, the Steelers average 27 points per game in the postseason when Ben is the starting quarterback, and that is near the top of the list for any QB in the history of the game that played in a fair share of post season games.

It’s like the Seattle Seahawks’ Matt Hasselbeck in Super Bowl 40. He only averaged 5.8 YPA for that game. While he completed a lot of passes, none of them meant a damn thing. That YPA stat has the ability to show how meaningful (or not) the passes were.

Finally, consider this statement by former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick earlier this year regarding Big Ben: “I’ve never seen a guy make more big plays in fewer pass attempts than Roethlisberger.” You can look directly at his ranking of 4th highest all time YPA average to validate Billicks comment. And unlike Tony Romo, Roethlisberger has maintained his YPA average in the post season.

It’s very disappointing to hear experts say that Roethlisberger doesn’t put up great stats, despite being one of the all-time best in the most important QB stat of them all.

Yards per pass attempt.

SteelKnight
01-25-2011, 07:59 PM
I loved it. Ben is my favorite player but this piece is so cleverly written with some good humor. I could see some facets of truth in it.

The bottom line is Ben is special. He wins and the team would be nothing without him. I think he is an amazing QB.

I just like the piece though...very well written. It is missing something but the guy is talented at making his point (though I disagree).

SteelKnight
01-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Even though I disagree with the authors premise, he is very talented. It was enjoyable because the author is good at adding a little dry humor while stating the points to support his side without exaggerating. I appreciate the skill of the writer. Of course I believe a good piece could be written supporting Ben as one of the best...selectively highlighting facts too. What this author does is leave out things (for example the SB43 comeback drive...hello?)...very talented.

vindrow
01-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Yup, there is a guy that is butt-hurt that the great Tom Bieber didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

USWSteel
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=SCMom;907493]With that much drinking, no wonder you like the article. I'm going to assume you'll be rooting for the Packers on the 6th, since you agree that Ben needs "stopped". :noidea:[/QUOTE

Yeah I'm looking for more of the same in the Super Bowl I'm hoping the Steelers win more then anything,but I just really didnt see anything "special from Ben this year. people have every excuse in the world for games when we has played "average to terrible". From the oline to rookie wideout to BA.... how about people just admitting hey Ben sucked today!!!! Instead its making excuses. Christ people were jumping for joy because Ben threw a ball out of bounds instead of taking a sack in the Baltimore game!!!! Meanwhile Redmans run saved his bacon on a terrible play that Ben throws way short of the endzone. This last game is the epitome of my dislike in his play.... 3 for sure TD's he makes terrible throws...the miller no catch, Wallace underthrow and the Mendy slip. All 3 with a decent pass by an "elite QB" would have been TD"s! 10 freaking completions in an AFCC game, how much less can they get from him and win these games ? Oh but 2 when it counted...please if we lost the entire blame ftom all the homers here would be on the Defense when Ben did nothing in the second half .He didnt even need to score just pick up a first down or two in the second half and he barely did that. He made some big runs which were very nice no doubt,but he puts the team in the same situations every game and it will catch up with them. Hopefully not in the Superbowl . Plus all the off the field stuff is just garbage whether he did anything or not he should know better for christ sake. Theres no pics of a drunk Troy online, Troy wont be in a civil trial in Reno this summer, but our "elite Qb" will be. He has "helped" win 2 super bowls and also has dragged Steelers Nation name through he mud the last few years with more to come this summer. Remeber 3-1 wihout him and I think we would still be in SB45 without Ben this year ...the way this D played all year the offense has been the weak link of the team and Ben has been the leader of that weakness. He may come out gun blazing next Sunday and I hope for the Steelers sake he does, but he hasnt really all that much all year so I wont hold my breath. :drink::drink: I only had 2 beers this time.:toofunny:

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=SCMom;907493]With that much drinking, no wonder you like the article. I'm going to assume you'll be rooting for the Packers on the 6th, since you agree that Ben needs "stopped". :noidea:[/QUOTE

Yeah I'm looking for more of the same in the Super Bowl I'm hoping the Steelers win more then anything,but I just really didnt see anything "special from Ben this year. people have every excuse in the world for games when we has played "average to terrible". From the oline to rookie wideout to BA.... how about people just admitting hey Ben sucked today!!!! Instead its making excuses. Christ people were jumping for joy because Ben threw a ball out of bounds instead of taking a sack in the Baltimore game!!!! Meanwhile Redmans run saved his bacon on a terrible play that Ben throws way short of the endzone. This last game is the epitome of my dislike in his play.... 3 for sure TD's he makes terrible throws...the miller no catch, Wallace underthrow and the Mendy slip. All 3 with a decent pass by an "elite QB" would have been TD"s! 10 freaking completions in an AFCC game, how much less can they get from him and win these games ? Oh but 2 when it counted...please if we lost the entire blame ftom all the homers here would be on the Defense when Ben did nothing in the second half .He didnt even need to score just pick up a first down or two in the second half and he barely did that. He made some big runs which were very nice no doubt,but he puts the team in the same situations every game and it will catch up with them. Hopefully not in the Superbowl . Plus all the off the field stuff is just garbage whether he did anything or not he should know better for christ sake. Theres no pics of a drunk Troy online, Troy wont be in a civil trial in Reno this summer, but our "elite Qb" will be. He has "helped" win 2 super bowls and also has dragged Steelers Nation name through he mud the last few years with more to come this summer. Remeber 3-1 wihout him and I think we would still be in SB45 without Ben this year ...the way this D played all year the offense has been the weak link of the team and Ben has been the leader of that weakness. He may come out gun blazing next Sunday and I hope for the Steelers sake he does, but he hasnt really all that much all year so I wont hold my breath. :drink::drink: I only had 2 beers this time.:toofunny:

LOL @ U!! So, Ben passes for 3200 Yards in 12 games. That comes out to over 4300 Yds in 16 games, and that with a patchwork O-Line. And you say Ben had a BAD year :rofl: What a freaking Buffoon!

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=USWSteel;907759]

LOL @ U!! So, Ben passes for 3200 Yards in 12 games. That comes out to over 4300 Yds in 16 games, and that with a patchwork O-Line. And you say Ben had a BAD year :rofl: What a freaking Buffoon!

Telling you, Browns fan.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Not to mention Ben had the best Steelers season ever as far as not throwing INTs.

jjpro11
01-26-2011, 08:16 AM
best to just ignore this kind of shit.. otherwise it will drive you nuts and you will find yourself wasting too much time arguing with jackasses.

FanSince72
01-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Another article written by yet another "Stat Guy".

The "one touchdown" he mentions just happenes to be ranked as one of the top three (many rank it #1) TD plays in SB history.

But beyond that, let's roll that particular moment back to where it started with 2:34 left, down by 3 and a drive that was originally around 80 yards but becomes around 90 due to a holding penalty on its first play. Then let's follow the progression of plays and clutch moments throughout that drive which led to that touchdown.

THAT is Ben's wheelhouse.

How many drives not just in SB's but throughout those two seasons were works of art, guile and guts on his part and simply ended with a tailback banging through the line from a couple of yards out?

I'm sure that Ben could have insisted on ending many of those drives with passes so his "Stats" as a passer would look good but he didn't because the goal is for the TEAM to score, not just for Ben to score.

What Ben does game after game will never show up in statistical columns. Take the 3 and 12 in the Jets game where Ben has a thigh bruise on his left leg and sets up for a pass, sees everyone covered and decides to leg it out and not only gets the first down but does so by planting on that bad leg and launching himself for the last three head-first yards.

Would Brady do that? Would Manning? Time after time after time?

If there were a statistical category for guts, creativity and the sheer will to win, Ben would be its MVP every year. But there isn't and while all the "pretty" QB's get to take the bows for being "pure passers", Ben gets the "Mr. Clutch" and the "Damned Glad He's On Our Side" award from me and the rest of the Steeler Nation every year and I'll take that over some over-hyped MVP award every time!

pghfrank62
01-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Heres a flash, the reason the Patricheats are not in this Super Bowl, is they got beat!!!! If they were so good, why do they screw the pooch when it counts, simple, without the aid of illegal photos and videos, their edge is gone!!!!

The Curtain's Crusader
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Remeber 3-1 wihout him and I think we would still be in SB45 without Ben this year ..

:rofl: What a donkey! You really believe this? The defense was great but I doubt they would've been good enough to get us to the SB with the offense putting up 3 points a game.

plenewken
01-26-2011, 11:02 AM
:rofl: What a donkey! You really believe this? The defense was great but I doubt they would've been good enough to get us to the SB with the offense putting up 3 points a game.

In all fairness, and just for the record, the Steelers scored 86 pts during Ben's 4 games suspension, that's pretty much the same number of PPG as when Ben played.
Doesn't mean we would have made it to the SB without him.

StainlessStill
01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Great, we still got a week in a half to put up with this bullshit. Tiring already. The sluggish waiting begins!:coffee::tt04::tt04::tt04:

TRH
01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
best to just ignore this kind of shit.. otherwise it will drive you nuts and you will find yourself wasting too much time arguing with jackasses.

thats absolutely true. It's just what one, jealous, dufus, know-nothing writes about. Means nothing.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
In all fairness, and just for the record, the Steelers scored 86 pts during Ben's 4 games suspension, that's pretty much the same number of PPG as when Ben played.

Yes, yes. I agree, I was exaggerating a little too much. I was at the Titans game (dont get to see too many games on tv here in KY) and the offense looked stale and to me it just looked like the offense "came alive" after they got Ben back. Probably based my previous statement more off what I perceived from the Titans game. I do think they could've had a pretty decent year without Ben but certainly wouldn't say I think they'd be where they are without him. Thanks for pointing out the stat though.

zulater
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Most of them against Tampa Bay, (38) they scored less than 20 points in each of the other 3 games Ben didn't play.

In the 14 games since Ben's returned, including playoffs, they've been held under 20 three times. Huge difference percentage wise, wouln't you say? .

USWSteel
01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Most of them against Tampa Bay, (38) they scored less than 20 points in each of the other 3 games Ben didn't play.

In the 14 games since Ben's returned, including playoffs, they've been held under 20 three times. Huge difference percentage wise, wouln't you say? .

there has been 2 nice offensive games with Ben, the Raiders and Cleveland...thats it. Thats not enough for 100million dollars and trouble in the offseasons .

sarahpalinhater
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
there has been 2 nice offensive games with Ben, the Raiders and Cleveland...thats it. Thats not enough for 100million dollars and trouble in the offseasons .

So because the steelers and Ben don't PILE on unneccessary points like say the Patriots do, that means he is not a elite QB ?

You're stupid Arnold :blah::blah::blah:

plenewken
01-26-2011, 04:14 PM

They played Atlanta, Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Baltimore without Ben, none of them were gimmes.
The PPG average for the last 12 games of the regular season was only 2.5 pts more than without Ben. Not a huge difference IMO.

I don't know how many of these points came from the O, the D or ST, by the way. This would be interesting to know but I don't have time to research.

SteelKnight
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
They played Atlanta, Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Baltimore without Ben, none of them were gimmes.
The PPG average for the last 12 games of the regular season was only 2.5 pts more than without Ben. Not a huge difference IMO.

I don't know how many of these points came from the O, the D or ST, by the way. This would be interesting to know but I don't have time to research.

Exactly. It was painful to watch each game except the TB game.

Take away the defensive TDs, the ST return TD and the overtime TD and what do you have? crap. Our passing was ranked like 28th without Ben. Are you people serious?

zulater
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Uh yeah it is troll, 'cause I guarantee you he aint going anywhere for a long time.

:coffee:

zulater
01-26-2011, 08:21 PM

You really trying to make the point that the Steelers were going to continue on at a .750 clip with Dixon and Batch at qb? You really think that offensive outburst of 127 yards against the titans was going to cut it all year?

The Steelers circled the wagons for four games, the sum was greater than the total of the parts in the short term, but you can't carry that over for a season. I think the Steelers were like 31st in total offense when Ben took the helm, they ended up 14th. They were dead last in first downs with 52 in four games, they ended up 20th. Yeah it's easy to say stats are for losers, but we've got age on defense, there was no way our defense would have held up for 16 games having to carry such an inept offense.

saveus1011
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I think this dipsh*te is mad because Brady blames everyone when they lose and Ben throws it all on himself when we lose. It's called being a leader, not a doucehbag.

InTheShadowofLambeau
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Precisely. Good post.

If the guy puts a "W" up 65% of the time ... he's a good QB. There's a helluva lot more to being an NFL QB than big stats, game in and game out. Your guy isn't a saint, that's for sure...but he's no different than what Favre was in his early days ... a horny young guy with lots of money AND a darned good quarterback. Let's face it, professional athletes ARE NOT role models - never have been, never will be, nor should they be expected to be. Your guy plays a helluva game and that's all we as fans are entitled to. Everything else is gravy ... if he grows up to be a good husband and father ... doesn't shoot people at night clubs... hell... that's all we can hope for. I for one, have never idolized a professional athlete. I've never owned a jersey with a player's name and number on it, and never will.

Frankly, I don't think he gives a crap what anyone, particularly a Boston sportswriter who probably has that funny NE accent (I call it a speech impediment) thinks. The poster above is absolutely correct. It's best to ignore these clowns. I recall when the Pack went to the SB back to back following the 96 and 97 seasons that I couldn't even watch the sports shows after the first week...the way the media carrys on, you'd think they've all be lobotomized.

wootawnee
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Man....I wanted to go up there and pound that pathetic team into smitherines......Ahhhhr.....Why did you have to beat them Rex?........Im telling ya... they got it coming to them up there in Stinky Bean land.......I can't wait to go up there and flex the guns next season or whenever and pound that little good enough for a field goal to win the game twig dude that pouts, in his chin..............Im tellin ya, they got some serious iron workin steel millin hard hattin fist pumpin hard pipe hittin beatings comin their way.......

harrison'samonster
01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Man....I wanted to go up there and pound that pathetic team into smitherines......Ahhhhr.....Why did you have to beat them Rex?........Im telling ya... they got it coming to them up there in Stinky Bean land.......I can't wait to go up there and flex the guns next season or whenever and pound that little good enough for a field goal to win the game twig dude that pouts, in his chin..............Im tellin ya, they got some serious iron workin steel millin hard hattin fist pumpin hard pipe hittin beatings comin their way.......

very nicely said. i wish I had confidence like that