PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 comments to Jets fans uncalled for

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm a Jets fan who attended the game in Pittsburgh and just wanted to make some comments about my experience at the game. I'm not on here to cause trouble or anything.

I understand that going on the road in the playoffs is risky and that some comments should be expected. I've been to many Jets away games and have never experienced a more hostile crowd in my life. I wanted to have a good experience, so in addition to box seats, I purchased 45 yard line lowers on the Jets side. I wore a Jets hat, along with 3 friends who had the same attire. Even at Jets games I've never heard the amount of vulgar things that people said in front of women and children and surely have never been physically threatened as much as I was. After halftime we went up to the box as it was clear that we would be assaulted if we stayed.

Walking to our seats my friend was shoved from behind, just for wearing a Jets hat. I can take the comments, but it crosses the line when it gets physical.

Had that been the only bad thing to happen I wouldn't be here on this board. What was the most troubling is the insults about 9/11. A friend of mine was in a bar bathroom the night before the game and on the wall he saw a picture of a plane crashing into the WTC with "Let's take the Jets down like they took down the towers" underneath it.

Walking into the stadium there were also shouts of, "There's a reason 9/11 happened in NY."

I understand that this doesn't represent the majority of Steelers fans and I'm not going to say that an opposing fan in NY won't get their share of insults. Hearing things like this permanently put a bad taste in my mouth about Pittsburgh and I will make it a point to never return and spend money here again. Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city, and to be hear jokes about a terrorist attack is completely sickening.

I was under the impression that we're all Americans, regardless of what colors we wear to an NFL football game. Comments like those hit home when a lot of us lost friends and neighbors that day and even though it didn't have an impact on Pittsburgh I thought people would have some sympathy.

Anyway, good game and good luck in SB!

El Nino
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
i'm surprised you never expected any hostility during an afc championship game.

what did you expect a welcome wagon?

Aussie Steeler
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
.....ok.

Did you really not know that there are some nasty people in this great big world? Not everything is rainbows and butterflies. I don't know what you expect from this thread. You're begging an apology from the wrong people.

finesward
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Your from NYC and a little shoving frightens you? The same NYC where muggings are about as common as blowing your nose when you have a cold?

I would take a guess that if a PGH fan of middle eastern descent attended a game in new jersey he would be called a terrorist and much worse things because of 9/11. Goes both ways, don't let the door hit your upturned nose on the way out of pittsburgh...

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Americans aren't the most pleasent people, it doesn't matter what team they root for.

UF-Steeler
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Hate to be a cynical bastard, but welcome to the real world. There are a lot of people out there who say nonsensical and hurtful things. It looks bad on them, but to generalize it to a population of a whole city during a pretty heated football game is also ignorant.

If you weren't trying to start drama, why come here and post something like this on a Pittsburgh Steelers board? Do we need to make a public service announcement? lol

stb_steeler
01-25-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm a Jets fan who attended the game in Pittsburgh and just wanted to make some comments about my experience at the game. I'm not on here to cause trouble or anything.

I understand that going on the road in the playoffs is risky and that some comments should be expected. I've been to many Jets away games and have never experienced a more hostile crowd in my life. I wanted to have a good experience, so in addition to box seats, I purchased 45 yard line lowers on the Jets side. I wore a Jets hat, along with 3 friends who had the same attire. Even at Jets games I've never heard the amount of vulgar things that people said in front of women and children and surely have never been physically threatened as much as I was. After halftime we went up to the box as it was clear that we would be assaulted if we stayed.

Walking to our seats my friend was shoved from behind, just for wearing a Jets hat. I can take the comments, but it crosses the line when it gets physical.

Had that been the only bad thing to happen I wouldn't be here on this board. What was the most troubling is the insults about 9/11. A friend of mine was in a bar bathroom the night before the game and on the wall he saw a picture of a plane crashing into the WTC with "Let's take the Jets down like they took down the towers" underneath it.

Walking into the stadium there were also shouts of, "There's a reason 9/11 happened in NY."

I understand that this doesn't represent the majority of Steelers fans and I'm not going to say that an opposing fan in NY won't get their share of insults. Hearing things like this permanently put a bad taste in my mouth about Pittsburgh and I will make it a point to never return and spend money here again. Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city, and to be hear jokes about a terrorist attack is completely sickening.

I was under the impression that we're all Americans, regardless of what colors we wear to an NFL football game. Comments like those hit home when a lot of us lost friends and neighbors that day and even though it didn't have an impact on Pittsburgh I thought people would have some sympathy.

I agree with ya on the 911 shit....thats just not called for!. I bet those involved with that comment never had anything that horrible happen to them in life....If they did they'd be more mature person.

WickedSteel
01-25-2011, 03:21 PM
While the 9/11 jokes are uncalled for and inappropriate and the physical confrontation is over the line, I would be willing to bet that this is the norm for opposing fans coming on the road. I don't know what you would expect with a large group of drunk numbskulls when they see someone in opposing team colors. I wore an Indians jersey to PNC Park one time and I got ripped up one side and down the other but I expected it.

Pittsburghers are generally very friendly and helpful. I'm sure that if you weren't at a stadium full of overly drunk loudmouths you would have seen that.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
"Had that been the only bad thing to happen I wouldn't be here on this board. What was the most troubling is the insults about 9/11. A friend of mine was in a bar bathroom the night before the game and on the wall he saw a picture of a plane crashing into the WTC with "Let's take the Jets down like they took down the towers" underneath it."

In this day an age, of cell phones and cameras...is there a photo of this?

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Not sure why I even bothered posting this here. Just wanted to make you aware, not looking for anyone to say sorry.

thumper
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, for one thing, it was an AFCC game. In Pgh. Showing up there
sporting your gear is like taking food off the table of Pgh-ers. No, not
an exaggeration; that's how most Steeler fans feel. Now, I know you
are thinking "but I am spending $ in your city, so I am helping you."
No Steeler fans looks at it like that. I was at the Pgh-Indy AFCC game,
and, let's just say the Colt fans found hostility they didn't expect. Steeler
football is a part of Pgh fans lives. That is no exaggeration. So when you
show up at such a huge game sporting opp. gear, you have to be prepared
for hostility. Not saying it's right or wrong - just that it's reality.

As far as Pgh fan being just too coarse - it is true. Once I moved to a nicer
region of the country and saw visiting Steeler fans head down south for games,
I did notice that they were just too rude. You can readily see a difference between
those Steeler fans who moved away and live down here vs. the Steeler fans
who are only visiting; the visiting fans are over-the-top rude. It comes with
living in the rust belt/western PA. I guess I was like that too until I got out of there,
and realized life can by more fun and less angry than you realize when you live
in WPA.

As far as 9/11 references, of course that is over the top and not cool. But if I were
you I would take your own advice: never visit there again. It is better that way. Now
you know.

steelerschik
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
While the 911 comments are uncalled for and sickening at best, so was the treatment of Steelers fans (namely women) at the last Jets game in NY, sexually assaulting females, bullying them into taking their shirts off. You don't ever have to come back to Pittsburgh, but let me tell you, New York is the scum of the earth and I will NEVER step foot in that city ever again. Total garbage people for a total garbage city. Worst experience of my life.

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I call bullshit

why would anyone believe this dumbass jerkoff

You lost - get over it

go cry with Fat Rex

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/01/sllied.gif

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
"Had that been the only bad thing to happen I wouldn't be here on this board. What was the most troubling is the insults about 9/11. A friend of mine was in a bar bathroom the night before the game and on the wall he saw a picture of a plane crashing into the WTC with "Let's take the Jets down like they took down the towers" underneath it."

In this day an age, of cell phones and cameras...is there a photo of this?

Not sure that's something I'd want to take a picture of. Why would I bother making something like that up??

Like I said, not everyone I encountered was awful. Just wanted to make a note that I was much worse than any other away place I've been. Not trying to get people to say sorry, just was wondering if this is common here. Never heard 9/11 jokes at any other stadiums so wasn't sure why this was the case here.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Uh yeah...sorry if you had a bad experience, but I find it really hard to believe that this is the most hostile crowd you've ever experienced. Maybe you've just never been to KC, Oakland or Philly. I don't know.

If anyone really said that to you, then that sucks...but drunk people say stupid things. Yes, even New Yorkers. It's also possible that the ones saying those things weren't from Pittsburgh, or even PA. 9/11 may not have affected us the way it did you guys...but with Flight 93 going down not far from here, I find it hard to imagine that any (sober) Pittsburgher would make light of it.

Anyway, it sounds like you have an extremely small sample of experiences on which to judge our city. If you don't ever want to come back, that's fine...but I bet I could find people who've had just as bad experiences in NY (if not worse). So it goes both ways.

My end opinion of the post though...it sounds like you're looking for sympathy because of the acts of a few drunks. I don't really see the end point of it though.

steelerchad

sorry about your experience.
I had a pair of Jets fans in front of me and 3 behind me and down a few seats. There was no problems in our immediate area and hardly even any joking. I gave the guy behind me a little bit of a hard time (good natured of course) when he tried to tell me there were 15k Jets fans in the building. I told him they must be dressed as Steeler fans then because I couldn't see them or hear them.

I had 2 friends with me and we were taking turns snapping photos from the bridge with the stadium in the background. A Jets fan offered to take one of all 3 of us and we in turn did the same for his group so they could all be in the photo together. I can say, I'm honestly surprised you had this issue. I've been to quite a few NFL stadiums as well and Pittsburgh is not generally too rowdy. I know it was big game and a night game which may have contributed, but I've never seen any serious problems unless an opposing fan was looking for trouble.

Again, sorry you had this problem

zulater

I understand that going on the road in the playoffs is risky and that some comments should be expected. I've been to many Jets away games and have never experienced a more hostile crowd in my life. I wanted to have a good experience, so in addition to box seats, I purchased 45 yard line lowers on the Jets side.

You expect us to believe you bought box seats and lower level seats at the 45 yard line?! :greedy:: You take us for idiots?

First off unless you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company that aint happening, and if you are, why didn't you get your bodyguards to go beat the piss out of whoever was bothering you? :flap:

I wore a Jets hat, along with 3 friends who had the same attire. Even at Jets games I've never heard the amount of vulgar things that people said in front of women and children and surely have never been physically threatened as much as I was. After halftime we went up to the box as it was clear that we would be assaulted if we stayed.

:violin:

So the entire city of Pittsburgh bears the responsability of one idiot?

Please, we don't really care if you come back or not. :coffee:

I'm calling BS on this entire thread. Maybe you actually went to the game, maybe you didn't? :noidea: But regardless I've been to football games at Heinz, at Philly, at the Meadowlands, both for Giants and Jets games, at Baltimore, both for Colts and Ravens games, and several other cities and stadiums, and I've seen good and bad at all places.

I have 3 bits of advice for you.

1. Confine yourself to home games.

2.Don't wear enemy colors when you do venture outside your area code .

3. Grow a pair.

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I've been to many NFL Stadiums people. And by far the worst was at a Oakland Raider game. Those people are just criminals. I had alot of things said to me in my steeler jersey at Cleveland :-) But mostly they are just talkers. I did not have on a Steeler Jersey when I went to a Eagles/Redskins game 3 years ago. But that place is kinda sacrey as well. By far the BEST Stadium I have ever been as it goes to another team is San Diego...Number 1 by far. They Tailgate like no other team I have seen. There is some friendly smack talk in the parking lot before a game. But when I went up there to see the last Steelers game, all the Charger fans who were cooking burgers and what not all offered us some :-) But, the 20 something times I have been to a steelers game, I have NEVER seen any other teams fans get abused with really insulting talk, or see a Steeler fan get physical with anyone. The fans in the Burgh are long time KNOWLEDGEABLE fans who appreciate knowledgeable fans from other teams. I saw alot of Brown and steeler fans getting along.

And I was even at a Patriots game in pittsburgh a while back, and even they were treated with respect. So sorry sir but I seriously doubt your story.

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:31 PM
While the 911 comments are uncalled for and sickening at best, so was the treatment of Steelers fans (namely women) at the last Jets game in NY, sexually assaulting females, bullying them into taking their shirts off. You don't ever have to come back to Pittsburgh, but let me tell you, New York is the scum of the earth and I will NEVER step foot in that city ever again. Total garbage people for a total garbage city. Worst experience of my life.

NY is the scum of the earth? I'd rather just laugh at that comment and not say anything offensive. No hard feelings to anyone here. Met a lot of good people, but also some not so great people.

I love how people say I made that up. Why bother making something like that up?

Anyways, good game. Good luck getting SB #7, should be a hell of a game.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Boy, that sounds a lot worse than some random asshole comments.

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
zulater, just a note: Box seats are 189 face at Heinz and the lowers were 800 each on ticket exchange. You don't exactly have to be a CEO with a security staff to sit there.

LukesDad88
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
So you bought box seats AND lower section on the 45.

Right.

If you did, thanks for preventing somebody else from being able to get tickets.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
I remember someone near my section yelling "Lets Go Jets" right in the middle of the National Anthem. That left a bad taste in my mouth, as someone who's very patriotic as well. Anyways, I wonder who in the world even would think to invoke the WTC attacks during a football game (probably a liberal).

StainlessStill
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Hah, I was in Cleveland the last game of the season. Lets just say my Dad wasn't thrilled with some of the things hurled our way and some of the things being said. It's a nasty world out there.

You should of been with my crowd. We had 6 Jets fans next to us and asked us for many of things, in which we helped in return. Hell, it got so much fun that my dad, who is a great cook, were making their burgers for them and flipping them on the grill while we all played corn-hole and beer pong!

Sorry for your experience, but with over 66,000+, there's always going to be one nut-bag and low life drunk out to ruin it for everyone else.

Just ignore it, there's no other way but for the record, I've heard around the world that N.Y'ers are the most dirtiest, loudest, and rudest people anyone can ever walk across. Just put things into perspective that there are scumbags in the United States, and yes, even your precious city of N.Y who have been major jackoffs as well.

LVSteelersfan
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
I rescinded what I just said about New York. Never been there. Just go off what people say on television.

ManhattanJet
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Hah, I was in Cleveland the last game of the season. Lets just say my Dad wasn't thrilled with some of the things hurled our way and some of the things being said. It's a nasty world out there.

You should of been with my crowd. We had 6 Jets fans next to us and asked us for many of things, in which we helped in return. Hell, it got so much fun that my dad, who is a great cook, were making their burgers for them and flipping them on the grill while we all played corn-hole and beer pong!

Sorry for your experience, but with over 66,000+, there's always going to be one nut-bag and low life drunk out to ruin it for everyone else.

Just ignore it, there's no other way.

Agreed. Theres guaranteed to be bad people in every crowd, NY certainly not excluded.

I really am not here to cause trouble. Was just looking for honest feedback and wondering if this was typical behavior.

To those who think I'm making this up, its your right not to believe me and I can't force you to think otherwise.

I'm a passionate fan who came out to the game to support my team and wasn't looking to pick any fights.

Mods you can go ahead and lock this if it's going to start fights, not my intention. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Dallas and enjoy your stay there. Good luck and God Bless America.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Not sure that's something I'd want to take a picture of. Why would I bother making something like that up??

Like I said, not everyone I encountered was awful. Just wanted to make a note that I was much worse than any other away place I've been. Not trying to get people to say sorry, just was wondering if this is common here. Never heard 9/11 jokes at any other stadiums so wasn't sure why this was the case here.

Because that type of insult is a NATIONAL News Story...not just a "football" thing.

I find it highly doubtful that an American put up a picture of the WTC Event and then, made fun of it. That's why I want a picture. Cause I call BULLLSHIT!

You think that event just hit NY? Seriously? I call BS on 9/11 Jokes, 9/11 Pictures made in regards to the Jets Game. I would have punched a Steeler fan in the face myself if he said anything about 9/11 like that and I would have torn down any picture like that in a bar had I seen it and shoved it down the Bar Owners Throat...

Being a Veteran...and knowing, Pittsburgh is full of God Fearing, Country Loving, Blue Collar folks, I highly doubt that kind of shiiit would have been stood for.

SteelHaven
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I really am not here to cause trouble. Was just looking for honest feedback and wondering if this was typical behavior.

Anyone can have the art of tounge with intention to bring trouble, like with comments like this.

Now get out and good bye.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Agreed. Theres guaranteed to be bad people in every crowd, NY certainly not excluded.

To those who think I'm making this up, its your right not to believe me and I can't force you to think otherwise.

I'm a passionate fan who came out to the game to support my team and wasn't looking to pick any fights.

Mods you can go ahead and lock this if it's going to start fights, not my intention. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Dallas and enjoy your stay there. Good luck and God Bless America.

Listen Up Pal...and I mean that...there is no way making Jokes or comments about 9/11...which included a Plane crashing in Central PA (Lets Roll) would be something typical.

What would be though...And I mean this...What would be Typical Behavior is a whiney bitch ass Jets Fan coming into an Online Forum and making outrageous claims against the fans of a team that just Beat his team's ass 2 days ago.

Nevermind taking a photo of such an insulting thing like the WTC Event mocking the Jets to the paper. No, You just came into a forum and posted about it....sure thing.

I grew up In Jersey...so your Crap ain't gonna fly with me. I've been to Jets/Giants/Rangers/Yankees/Mets/Nets/Nicks/Devils games...I know all about you guys.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
oh yeah...and when I went to all those sporting events...I was Rooting for the OTHER TEAM!

Except the time I watched Clemens pitch in Old Yankee stadium...I was just there to see him toss the ball and enjoy that moment for what it was. Getting to watch one of the all time greats. Being a bleacher creature back when that was allowed.

pete74
01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
wow, what a bunch of ass holes. some people just dont get that its just a game. every city has there low life morons and there are ours. anyone who starts a fight or makes a comment like that because someone is rooting for a different team then the one they like should be locked up forever. trash talking is one thing but this is another. i can care less who someone is rooting for. i used to have friends from baltimore who watched all the baltimore/steeler games at my place and of course there is innocent trash talk but there was never anything close to a fight or push. i dont know if your story is true or not but if it is then i think the low life that wrote on the wall deserves an ass kicking

TRH
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
[
Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city, and to be hear jokes about a terrorist attack is completely sickening.

Well, there's always one jack*** in every crowd.....you've went to Philly, right?

As far as your little "dig" you threw in there about "much needed cash flow" into the city, while not a resident myself (i hope to be sometime in the future though...), you do know :
1. Pittsburgh was one of the very few American cities who weathered the recession nearly unscathed (numerous, numerous articles from Forbes, Economist, national news and many others have reported and wrote about this......)
2. Pittsburgh is constantly ranked at or near the top of "america's most livable" cities, taking home numerous # 1 rankings
3. Pittsburghs newfound boom's in healthcare and IT among others have led the charge
4. the sports teams produce a TON of revenue for the city already, even without influx of foreign fans

Any city...doesn't matter how well they are doing, can always use influxes of traveler's cash. But your dig of "much needed cash flow" sounded like Pittsburgh was a "detroit or buffalo" or something....which is the furthest thing from the truth. Thats the only part of your rant that i had a real problem with.
Yes...the fan who said something like that is a douche.

Deserei90
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I know the 9/11 joke was uncalled for, but I've been to NY 3 times last year. New Yorker's are by far the most arrogant people I've ever encountered. I've been to Heinz Field before and I rarely see that type of behavior happening. It like never happens. You probably ran into a person that was drunk and you can't necessarily assume the person was from PGH, because alot of Steelers Fans was coming from different cities and countries. You might think I'm biased, because I'm from PGH, but I've never seen anything like that before. To be honest wit you, you'll run into a few jerks hear and there at times. It's America!. I don't see how this will stop you from coming back to PGH. I run into a few jerks in NY, it don't stop me from going back anytime I want. That's just life.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 03:59 PM

100% true.

I honestly don't think you are here to cause trouble, but I don't think it was to look for honest feedback either. What do you expect us to say? "Yup, that's just how everyone is here." There are assholes in every stadium, in every city...you had the misfortune of sitting near some overly drunk ones. :noidea:

Not sure what good posting on a message board about it will do though. Should we find them and beat them up?

I believe this (sort of) as well...but it's a message board. There's always a chance that you're just here to stir the pot. I can't even say with certainty that you're from Manhattan or are a Jets fan...you're using a proxy server lol. Nothing is 100% true on the internet.

Thanks for the well wishes. I doubt it'll start any serious fights though...just people sticking up for their city, just like you would.

TRH
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I know the 9/11 joke was uncalled for, but I've been to NY 3 times last year. New Yorker's are by far the most arrogant people I've ever encountered. I've been to Heinz Field before and I rarely see that type of behavior happening. It like never happens. You probably ran into a person that was drunk and you can't necessarily assume the person was from PGH, because alot of Steelers Fans was coming from different cities and countries. You might think I biased, because I'm from PGH, but I've never seen anything like that before. To be honest wit you, you'll run into a few jerks hear and there at times. It's America!. I don't see how this will stop you from coming back to PGH. I run into a few jerks in NY, it don't stop me from going back anytime I want. That's just life.

Then you ain't been to the Boston area. I had to live there for 2 years. Ruder than NY'ers, but not as 'classy' or as 'soprano-like' lol

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
to answer the question, Had I been there, and heard a single joke thrown at a Jets fan that was tied in someway to the events of September 11th, 2001, I would have attacked the person making the comment as if he was the one that crashed the plane. Tossing team loyalty Aside, we are All Americans First.

So that is why I find it so hard to fathom such a thing being said.

StainlessStill
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Then you ain't been to the Boston area. I had to live there for 2 years. Ruder than NY'ers, but not as 'classy' or as 'soprano-like' lol

Agreed. Their chest are puffed out bigger than pop-eyes and some even had me hating my own kind at some points (Americans.) When I got back to Pittsburgh, it was one big sigh of relief. I just don't think this Jets fan gets that this happens everywhere, not even at sporting events. I also find it funny that he is scolding us and bringing it to our intention like the other "Steelers are scum" activist. Whatever, keep on hatin'. Like I said, it sucks you had the experience because I didn't see any kind of activity like I've seen in other stadiums. If you've seen what I've seen, let alone heard (and there was a woman in here talking about N.Y asking her to take her top off) then you'd literally set yourself on fire.

SteelersinCA
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
So you realize it's not representative of the whole city, much like the rude New Yorkers are not, yet you won't set foot in the city or spend another dime there?

Sort of contradictory huh?

YES, ALL PITTSBURGHERS ARE ASSHOLES JUST LIKE THAT, THEY ALL HATE 9/11 AND WILL MAKE FUN OF NEW YORK FOREVER FOR IT.

Come on, really, you needed to start a thread to find out if this behavior is commonplace? Really?

Sorry you had a bad experience, what I call bullshit on is that you made a thread to find out if that was normal behavior. Either you're dumb or you just sound dumb on the internet.

TRH
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=StainlessStill;907387]Agreed. Their chest are puffed out bigger than pop-eyes and some even had me hating my own kind at some points (Americans.)

True. But i can tell you most of all of them fold as soon as they are confronted like the big wimps they all are

Deserei90
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Then you ain't been to the Boston area. I had to live there for 2 years. Ruder than NY'ers, but not as 'classy' or as 'soprano-like' lolNever been, but heard things about them. They sound so stuck up in Boston.

pete74
to answer the question, Had I been there, and heard a single joke thrown at a Jets fan that was tied in someway to the events of September 11th, 2001, I would have attacked the person making the comment as if he was the one that crashed the plane. Tossing team loyalty Aside, we are All Americans First.

So that is why I find it so hard to fathom such a thing being said.

exactly. you always have drunk morons though.

43Hitman
Humans aren't the most pleasent people, it doesn't matter what team they root for.

Fixed that for ya!

bigchuck
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
ive gotta say the new york fans were some of the biggest assholes, the ones tailgating next to us were pretty cool. they offered us food and beer and chatted football with us. but then there was a group while we were leaving trying to start fights and one actually took a swing at me for trying to break it up. as for the 9 11 stuff i call BS. the only thing i really heard was foot jokes about ryan

3rdandlong
01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
What do you want from us? Sure some people are giant assholes, but to come in a Steelers forum and essentially beg for an apology... We can't help you there. I don't go into a New York Jets forum and talk about all the muggings and murders that your city has

pete74
Raider fans have them all beat. I had a very bad experiance with a few before

El Nino
well the jets fan got something right. god bless america!

SteelHaven
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
well the jets fan got something right. god bless america!

They feel blessed only when they are offended by 1 idiot kid or drunkard :blah::blah::blah:

Deserei90
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Don't you realize, The same thing could have been said in NY? There are all types of people who lives there and you'll probably have a scumbag saying the same thing to someone else there. You'll be surprised of the things I've heard. One person can't keep you away from a city, b/c of a comment. I can see if you were getting hounded by a bunch of them, but that's another story. I'm really sorry you had to go through that, but I've heard worse things in life than this.

El Nino
01-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I'd be willing to bet though the new york crowds are a lot more hostile to visiting fans than pittsburgh is though. and the worst place to be for a visiting team by far is oakland. instead of getting shoved you'll get bottles and punches thrown at you

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd be willing to bet though the new york crowds are a lot more hostile to visiting fans than pittsburgh is though. and the worst place to be for a visiting team by far is oakland. instead of getting shoved you'll get bottles and punches thrown at you

Not to mention stabbed.

auzzqw7UVAY

JackHammer
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city.......

I think it's a shame that people would say those things to you, and I'm embarrassed that it happened in Pittsburgh since we're actually a really FRIENDLY city, unlike NYC..... but please spare me the condescending bullshit that's in the above quote. There weren't even enough Jets fans here to have a significant effect on Pittsburgh's "cash flow". Even if it was, believe me, we don't need your money. We may not be a mega economy sitting on an ocean port, but we've done quite well for ourselves and there are plenty of well documented reasons why Pittsburgh has been enjoying an upswing. One of the most stable housing markets in the nation, and weathered the economic turn down better than most of the country....... Not bad for a city that's gone through the grinder in terms of the outsourcing of American manufacturing.......

mcg24
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
You're preaching to the wrong choir buddy. I wasn't there giving you a hard time, and I'm sure nobody on these boards were joining in on the 9/11 insults. You are holding us accountable for actions that were not our own, and to be honest, I really don't care what any Steeler fan said to you.

If I were you and another Steeler fan said something about 9/11 to me, I would beat the living shit out of him, but since you didn't do that and chose to come on here instead, there's really not much I can tell you.

SteelHaven
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city

No.no...you are here to bring in New York Arrogance.

LukesDad88
01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Much needed cash flow? Heh.