PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Nation getting beat

California-Steel
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Just heard that so far ticket sales for super bowl tickets are 2 -1 Packers over the Steelers. Will be interesting to see if they out number Steelers fans in Dallas.

MattsMe
01-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I didn't know they asked you which team you'd be rooting for when you bought tickets.

Is this from a legitimate news source or was it really just something you heard?

Is this just for tickets purchased by season ticket holders?

SoCalFan
01-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Not sure what to think of this?Superbowl is mostly a corporate event!

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
so now we are the Underdogs on the Road wearing our White Jerseys?

HA!

Atlanta Dan
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Just heard that so far ticket sales for super bowl tickets are 2 -1 Packers over the Steelers. Will be interesting to see if they out number Steelers fans in Dallas.

Each team gets the same # of tickets to parcel out to season ticket holders so I wonder what "facts" are being used for the contention Packers fans are buying up the tickets - is Stub Hub polling online purchasers?

One difference will be that Dallas will not be the home games SB XL and XLIII were for the Steelers in Tampa and Detroit. Any Dallas locals at the game probably are not for Pittsburgh, Ben is still a pariah to many neutral fans (especially women). the Packers have the nationwide following the Seahawks and Cardinals did not, and some fans may simply want a new team to win.

LukesDad88
01-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Face it guys, the Steelers' national image has been tarnished very badly. I know of many friends that were primary fans of other teams, but the Steelers were always their second favorite team. Four of them actually got tickets for XL and attended wearing Steeler gear. Today, 1 of the guys absolutely hates the Steelers over the Ben issue, and the other 3 are vaguely luke warm.

plenewken
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Face it guys, the Steelers' national image has been tarnished very badly. I know of many friends that were primary fans of other teams, but the Steelers were always their second favorite team. Four of them actually got tickets for XL and attended wearing Steeler gear. Today, 1 of the guys absolutely hates the Steelers over the Ben issue, and the other 3 are vaguely luke warm.

As much as I'm convinced that Ben's popularity has taken a big hit for his actions, I don't understand why people would hold anything against the Steelers, much less hate them.
Ben acted like a jerk and the Steelers were not at all pleased with what he did, so what's their justification for hating them?
They wanted the FO to trade Ben? This is ludicrous, knowing that Ben hasn't been charged.

Anyway, I don't believe the ratio for ticket sales is 2:1 in favor of the Packers.

TRH
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM

i don't think thats true at all. Not only did we lead the NFL licensed merchanise sales (by a wide margin....) and ebay sales, i have a family member who is an executive in Home Shopping and we obliterated everybody in merchandise sales (and these are "last 6 months" numbers.....and the merch ships out to all 4 corners of the country, there's more sold OUT of Pittsburgh, than IN Pittsburgh).
No one i know who lives "afar" and is a Steelers fan has jumped ship, and i know quite a few.
I think those kinds of people are very few and far between.

California-Steel
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114525404.html

Read the last line in the article. Not sure how Stub Hub is doint it's polling. But it is 2 to 1 according to this article in the link above. Looks like they are looking at sales from PA vs. WI.

Steelillini
01-25-2011, 05:24 PM
so what if 2/3 of the ones that don't happen to be WI or PA are Steeler fans. Wouldn't that make it more even. The truth is that more people of WI are coming than from PA.

TailgateMel
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
The problem also is that this is our third time in 6 years... there are a lot more packers fans who havent been to a superbowl and would give anything to go..... it wont make a big difference in the game anyways because it isnt going to get so tremendously lopsided that noise would be an issue.

MattsMe
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
StubHub also reports that Wisconsin buyers are outnumbering Pennsylvania buyers by a two-to-one ratio.

That's far different than what the thread title implies. There's a reason they call us Steeler Nation.

mM9Obe7DLW0

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
The Steelers were 7-1 on the road this year...I'm not too worried.

caseydog
01-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Here is my highly unscientific observation, so far. I am seeing more people who live here wearing Steelers garb than packers. It's still WAY early, but I plan to keep watching.

I saw a guy a couple of hours ago at Lowe's today in a Palamalu jersey. Throughout the year, I see a lot more steelers stickers on cars than ANY other out of Dallas football team.

I bet that the majority of people living here in Dallas are not from Dallas. Like me, they came here to make money.

I hope to see a whole lot of terrible towels waving on gameday, in the stadium.

CD

SteelHaven
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Not good..Not good....

Deserei90
01-25-2011, 07:20 PM
I still say it's going to be pretty even number.

TRH
01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
completely false.
Don't buy into these 'purposely' spread conspiracy theories. Its ridiculous.

steelerchad
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
It'll be pretty even when it's all said and done. Packers will get the casual fan more often than the Steelers so probable 60-40 Pack. Dallas is a hike from the East Coast.

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
It'll be pretty even when it's all said and done. Packers will get the casual fan more often than the Steelers so probable 60-40 Pack. Dallas is a hike from the East Coast.

Id agree with this.

JackHammer
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm not believing any numbers until Super Bowl Sunday comes and I see it for myself. If they're basing it off of PA vs WI sales then they're basically idiots since most fans of BOTH franchises live throughout the country and world. I think it's gonna be close, but we WILL have more fans at the SB.

SteelSurf
01-25-2011, 10:02 PM
HALL OF FAME SUITE Owners Club $411400.00
Add To Cart
Owners Club Suite Catered food and drink

Oh yeah. On a Firefighters salary. I'm all over that.
I wonder if owning two dogs qualifies as "Owners Club"?

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM
HALL OF FAME SUITE Owners Club $411400.00
Add To Cart
Owners Club Suite Catered food and drink

Oh yeah. On a Firefighters salary. I'm all over that.
I wonder if owning two dogs qualifies as "Owners Club"?

Im a machinist, maybe we can go half on that?:drink:

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
You know what else the Packers are beating us in ?...their ALL WORLD QB Sticking his " Johnson " into many different Ho's :juggle::ttiwwp:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7905512-aaron-rodgers-is-just-27-and-hes-dated-12-girls-so-far

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
You know what else the Packers are beating us in ?...their ALL WORLD QB Sticking his " Johnson " into many different Ho's :juggle::ttiwwp:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7905512-aaron-rodgers-is-just-27-and-hes-dated-12-girls-so-far

Uhhhh.....

Good for him? :chuckle:

P.S. Even I want to make a Roethlisberger joke here.

MattsMe
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Uhhhh.....

Good for him? :chuckle:

P.S. Even I want to make a Roethlisberger joke here.

No shit. All things considered, I'd say that making fun of their QB's sex life is not the brightest move for a Steeler fan.

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM

This would just be to easy.....Are you forgetting who your QB is?:banging::thumbsup::rofl:

sarahpalinhater
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
This would just be to easy.....Are you forgetting who your QB is?:banging::thumbsup::rofl:

Yeah, he's the guy who has two accusations against him where BOTH were proved totally Bogus. He is the guy who when it was reported, was only ever dating ONE woman. And he's the one who did NOT Body-block a Cancer patient, and totally Ignore her. THAT'S who our QB is....Ohoo Damn...you just got PUNKED!!

gbpacker40
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, he's the guy who has two accusations against him where BOTH were proved totally Bogus. He is the guy who when it was reported, was only ever dating ONE woman. And he's the one who did NOT Body-block a Cancer patient, and totally Ignore her. THAT'S who our QB is....Ohoo Damn...you just got PUNKED!!

Dont worry puberty will come soon and calm you down....Before you spout off about the cancer patient, just know he signed for her multiple times and knows her on a 1st named basis, so take a video out of context and believe what you wish. Im not even going to get into a QB vs QB sex or personal life because anyone other than you will agree, thats a losing proposition for you.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM

You know you're just making yourself look like an ass now right?

Whether the claims were bogus or not doesn't matter, you're just opening yourself up to be burned lol.

And to the cancer patient. How about we hear what she has to say.

bqKmZgcPUFU

Rodgers is a good dude. He's single. He's 27. He can date as many chicks as he wants. How is that smack talk? :noidea:

Buddha Bus
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
You know you're just making yourself look like an ass now right?

Whether the claims were bogus or not doesn't matter, you're just opening yourself up to be burned lol.

And to the cancer patient. How about we hear what she has to say.

bqKmZgcPUFU

Rodgers is a good dude. He's single. He's 27. He can date as many chicks as he wants. How is that smack talk? :noidea:

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

jjpro11
01-26-2011, 07:13 AM
i don't know why some of you are in denial about the ticket situation. this is our 3rd Super Bowl in 6 years during a terrible economy. for most people, attending the Super Bowl is a once in a lifetime, or for some Steelers fans, once in 25 years event. fans have had that opportunity twice already in the past 6 years. the Packers have a large die-hard fan base and haven't been to the Super Bowl in 13 years. it's logical to assume many of those fans are taking advantage of the possible once in a lifetime opportunity. the only thing really going for the Steelers is the game is being played in the Southwest region. we have a large following in that region and our last two Super Bowls have been in the north and east coast. those who don't have to book flights and possibly even hotels have more incentive to go.

TRH
01-26-2011, 08:15 AM
this is probably the most ridiculous thread i've read since i joined this board. Means absolutely nothing....the Steelers still have a larger fan base than GB (thats not a dig, its just a fact...), but yes, GB has a large fan base itself.
Don't forget....there's a lot of people whose main team is someone other than GB.....alot of these people buying tickets are rooting very hard against the Steelers to win this, as they don't want Pittsburgh to win a 7th.
Teams such as Dallas, NE, San Francisco, etc DO NOT want Pittsburgh to win this and put another trophy in our case, further distancing our lead on them in Lombardi trophies.....therefore, they are instantaneous GB fans.

DrunkFlea
01-26-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm interested in seeing how many Packers fans at the game bring those damn green towels their selling. With our terrible towel waving too the stands could be a sea of green and yellow - which happens to be GB's colors!

:tt03:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-26-2011, 08:31 AM
2 to 1, well I guess there would be a first for everthing, but I would be surprised if GB has more fans than Pitt, purely do to the fact that the Steelers are more of a national team as opposed to the packers which is more localized.

ETL
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Green Bay: lots of old old money
Pittsburgh: lots of old money, but spent a lot of it in 2005 and 2008

No surprise here

sharkweek
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
why root for the USA or China when you can root for the Steelers?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2784230006_fff747da53.jpg

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
why root for the USA or China when you can root for the Steelers?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2784230006_fff747da53.jpg

:rofl:

Classic! :applaudit: