PDA

View Full Version : Did I really just get approved to post in less than 2 minutes?

CrabbySteelerFan
01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello Steelers fans,

I'm so glad there's a Steelers message board that isn't harder than Fort Knox to gain entry to. Yesterday I registered to use the message board at steelers.com and 24 hours later my account still hasn't been activated. I faced the same problem years ago when I tried to register there. My account still hadn't been approved after 72 hours.

Anyway, greetings!

theplatypus
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome

harrison'samonster
01-25-2011, 05:22 PM
welcome! glad to have you here. I was suprised at how easy it is to get on here too

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the boards!

I know what you mean about steelers.com. I used to post there for a little while (had never been fully registered though after multiple tries). There was some silly process I had to go through just to make a post, and the board wasn't even that nice. I wonder if my registration has gone through by now, it's only been a few years. :chuckle:

Hope you have fun here though! :tt02:

CrabbySteelerFan
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks all,

I checked out 2 other message boards (Steeler A d d i c t s and Steeler Nation) before finally registering here. This one has the most members (by far), most messages and most traffic.

SCMom, I really don't know what is up with steelers.com. I've never had nearly that much trouble trying to register on a message board.

tony hipchest
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
ive tried joining other teams boards on several occasions and you practically have to jump through hoops to get in. by the time you get your confirmation e-mail you forget what you wanted to say or what brought you there in the first place (the main reason i only post here).

glad you joined. :cheers:

stb_steeler
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Steeler.com is flawed........They dont have cool icons and stuff.....This board is more up to date......:wink02:

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Steeler.com is flawed........They dont have cool icons and stuff.....This board is more up to date......:wink02:

I never understood how they could update the homepage to look so nice, but never the registration process or the MB itself.

I mean, I know most don't care how the site looks...it's the content and posters that matter, but it literally was like jumping through hoops just to post there, let alone get officially registered. I finally just gave up and moved on. I know a lot of others who have as well.

Wallace108
01-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Welcome aboard, CrabbySteelerFan. :drink:

I was a member of steelers.com and got fed up with it. The best team in football deserves a much better message board ... that's what led me here. :tt03: