PDA

View Full Version : Where did everybody come from?

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Just because you start a thread for every thought that pops into your head doesn't make this place any better.

I looked 6 pages and couldn't find a decent topic. to discuss.

This board has gone to shit.

-----------

That said......

After watching our last game......Thank God Jermichael Finley is not playing.....he killed us

9 catches for 74 yards, and Ryan Grant scored on an impressive 24-yard fourth-quarter touchdown run

not gonna happen this time.......give Rodgers a crack or two on that glass jaw of his and he's down for the count

that's what I say

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Just because you start a thread for every thought that pops into your head doesn't make this place any better.

Hypocrite. :chuckle:

Seriously though, I know it's gotten bad, but you can't even discuss the news stories? :noidea: There's tons of those too.

StainlessStill
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Honestly? This board is by far the best. Any other place has the same problem but lacks this much activitiy. I'm happy to of found Steelers Fever.

With that said, I agree.

I love Matthews, who is an X-factor like Polamalu and they got the defensive MVP from a year ago in Charles Woodson and Bj Ragi (sp) to clog the middle. I understand how GB can bring it only because it's Pittsburgh's model (Dom Capers, the GB D-coordinator used to coordinate Pitt as well) and Pittsburgh has went up against some 2 great defense's that are atop of the league in pressure defense in Baltimore and N.Y so GB can't really show us what we will be ready to see.

Green Bay might have more talent, which is certainly debatable, but they are still only in their 2nd season running the 3-4 while Pittsburgh has used it for so long so even though GB is VERY tough and have been coming around, I think Pittsburgh's D does it tremendously better while there are still major holes in GB's 3-4 techniques. It will all come down to pressure and if both O-LINES are ready for crazy-blitzing.

I think it will be tougher for GB to beat us rather than us beating GB. A Gut feeling, but This is the Super Bowl against opponent's that can certainly beat anybody, I'm sure LeBeau will throw the entire book at him and I'm sure Capers will bring it as well. I seriously can't put a finger on who has the edge.

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 10:13 PM

I looked 6 pages and couldn't find a decent topic. to discuss.

This board has gone to shit.

-----------

That said......

After watching our last game......Thank God Jermichael Finley is not playing.....he killed us

9 catches for 74 yards, and Ryan Grant scored on an impressive 24-yard fourth-quarter touchdown run

not gonna happen this time.......give Rodgers a crack or two on that glass jaw of his and he's down for the count

that's what I say

Newsflash : this is a Steelers Forum and the Steelers are going to yet another SuperBowl, so ALL are welcome. :)
:tt04:

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 10:16 PM

So I'm a karma ho' - sue me

My best friend is a Packers fan.....and I'm a diehard Steelers fan.

I say we should be blessed to be the last two teams standing.

May the best team win.....but........

I want more hats......call me greedy

http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/4/831/NFAC%20COMM%20STE%20BK.jpg

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Take out the karma part and we can agree. :chuckle:

I've always been a Pack fan too (unless they're playing the Steelers). So yeah, this is probably the best SB scenario I ever could have imagined.

But like you, I am also feeling greedy. It's all about the bling baby!

http://www.tmac.cc/SteelersRings.png

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Newsflash : this is a Steelers Forum and the Steelers are going to yet another SuperBowl, so ALL are welcome. :)
:tt04:

Canadien Steelers fans are the best.

Do you hate Sid?

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Do you hate Sid?

Haha,
ok.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM

Do you hate Sid?

Sid is such a hoser, eh!

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Sid got his cage rattled...........Rodgers is pretty sloshy in the brain category too

Unleash Harrison........let SF pay the fine

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/01/23/sports/photos_stories/mark223855--300x300.jpg

bow down

I hath spoken

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm sure LeBeau will throw the entire book at him .

In my roundabout way - - that's what I was feeling. We have to defend them better, even if Lord Tyrone isn't playing.

I say we have to blitz and pressure Rodgers - don't let him sit back like Brady and pick us apart.

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 11:01 PM

Do you hate Sid

Haha,
ok.

That's what I thought

I bet you hate seal pups too

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
That's what I thought

I bet you hate seal pups too

Of course not, Baby Seal Liver is very good for you, and tender too.

MattsMe
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Of course not, Baby Seal Liver is very good for you, and tender too.

Only if you club them first to tenderize the meat.

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes it does take awhile to prepare since the liver's in those baby seal pups are afterall very small. So you have to slaughter a heck of a lot of them.

But ya, it's definitely worth it.

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Baby Seal Liver is very good for you, and tender too.

More power to you......keeps them oil lamps burning in your igloos too

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
More power to you......keeps them oil lamps burning in your igloos too

We haven't used any seal oil lamps since we discovered all those Billions of gallons of oil, and cubic-miles of natural gas decades ago. You know, -those big pipelines that we supply you guys with.

Fire Haley
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM
God Save the Queen

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
God Save the Queen

I know it's all cool, aside from the seal shit, but I'd rather say

God Save, and Long Live The NFL, especially the STEELERS forever.
We have the CFL up here, (and I like it too, my Hamilton Tiger-Cats) which if it wasn't for the NFL bailing us out, there probably wouldn't even be a CFL today in Canada. -lol

But, anyway, Steeler nation is quite awesome. :tt04:

Fire Haley
01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
rock on

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Sid got his cage rattled...........Rodgers is pretty sloshy in the brain category too

Unleash Harrison........let SF pay the fine

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/01/23/sports/photos_stories/mark223855--300x300.jpg

bow down

I hath spoken

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MarkSanchezonground.jpg

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 01:58 AM
james has been such a sweetheart lately.

now when he knocks someone out he quickly gestures to the sideline to get them some medical attention.

:thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM
james has been such a sweetheart lately.

now when he knocks someone out he quickly gestures to the sideline to get them some medical attention.

:thumbsup:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonrips-outahumanheart.jpg

MACH1
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM

Seriously though, I know it's gotten bad, but you can't even discuss the news stories? :noidea: There's tons of those too.

Lets make a Poll out of it. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
01-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Oooohhh... You're reminding me of the All-You-Can-Club baby seal restaurant around the corner from my place. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

pete74
01-26-2011, 08:42 AM

agreed. i personally love Green Bay. they will always come 2nd to the Steelers but when im not rooting for Pittsburgh im cheering for the Packs. this is my dream super bowl. of course i pray to go steelers win but if they cant have it there isnt another team besides Green Bay i would want to win it. I have always loved the Packs. i love the city and the way the team is run but most importantly i love how the team is owned by the city. with all that said, i hope the steelers crush them 38-17

UF-Steeler
01-26-2011, 08:56 AM

After lurking on this board for a few years before making a user name, I can agree with you on what is quoted, but I think this board progressed.

The old mods were really strict and shut down topics or deleted posts whenever they disagreed. I lurked over at their board a bit and it's really not anything special.

There are definitely a few users here now that post whatever comes to their mind and I've seen Tony at least post in there to say the thread is not needed, but at least he doesn't just delete it like the old days.

In regards to the game, I am super happy Finley isn't playing and Rodgers needs to be careful with all the hits he takes. The man is concussed all the time. That Peppers hit last week had to hurt.

TRH
01-26-2011, 09:06 AM
what?? There's a ton of cool things to talk about here. More than what i even have time for.

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Lets make a Poll out of it. :chuckle:

We don't need a poll...we all know Tom Brady is gay and the Patriots suck. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 10:15 AM
We don't need a poll...we all know Tom Brady is gay

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/JeanGirard-TalladegaNights.jpg

... und I will kees him on de leeps, to prove dis...

FanSince72
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
What was really said...

http://www.sycaonline.org/images/h1.jpg

StainlessStill
01-26-2011, 11:17 AM
In my roundabout way - - that's what I was feeling. We have to defend them better, even if Lord Tyrone isn't playing.

I say we have to blitz and pressure Rodgers - don't let him sit back like Brady and pick us apart.

Agreed.

Rodgers is certainly more athletic than Ben and can get out of the pocket quicker and faster, but he is very easy to bring down once he is wrapped up, even with one man on him. Ben is a freight train and has pretty nifty foot-work for a big dude, he outweighs Rodgers by an easy 20 pounds (Rodgers: 225; Roethlisberger: 245) but can still get out of trouble and deliver downfield with ease.

Rodgers and Ben play similiar style but Green Bay's offense simply is more pass-heavy, even though Pittsburgh has turned into a pass first, run second team. Ben and Rodgers are pretty even when it comes to style, but Ben certainly is tougher in build, which should bode well against a team that's going to come after him.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM

not gonna happen this time.......give Rodgers a crack or two on that glass jaw of his and he's down for the countthat's what I say

Yeah. Finley being out will be huge. I'm not sure the Pack are going to do much at all on the ground. No concern there.

Something that I look forward to is seeing the difference in the secondary this go-around with Polamalu out there instead of Carter. Tyrone is single-handedly responsible for what? 14 points when they played last year? I mean, he was just trying to make a play, but instead found himself out of position on two plays that led to points.

Let's hope whatever Troy has been nursing, whether it be ankle or achilles, is healed and well so he can shine on the fast turf in Arlington.

Fire Haley
01-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Something that I look forward to is seeing the difference in the secondary this go-around with Polamalu out there instead of Carter. Tyrone is single-handedly responsible for what? 14 points when they played last year? I mean, he was just trying to make a play, but instead found himself out of position on two plays that led to points.

Let's hope whatever Troy has been nursing, whether it be ankle or achilles, is healed and well so he can shine on the fast turf in Arlington.

That's what I say