PDA

View Full Version : talladega 499! who to watch/ who will win?

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
this will be one of the most exciting races of the year. talladega always is. good luck watching just one car. instead enjoy watching the 3 wide 200mpg rolling parking lot. watch for the big one and i will definitely look for and enjoy that black #8 on the track. any one can win from any starting position (unless they drive a ford or dodge). while hendrick and dei usually battle for the win, this could be roush's time to break through with a m. kenseth win.

theres really no way to break this down, especially havent even seen the qualifying order yet, but qualifying dont matter, so look for the usual suspects to be up front. either stewart, biffle or johnson will lead the most laps and he who has the tightest drafting partners at the very end will win

1. dale jr
2. gordon (jeff)
3. saddler (elliot)
4. busch (kurt)
5. t. stewart
6. j. johnson

darkhorses: s. riggs, truex jr., denny hamlin, and bobby labonte in the retro #43 STP car (cool)

SteelerDan43
04-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Dale Jr. with that black 8, then I gotta go with the guys that are always there in Stewart and Johnson

Steeler in Carolina
04-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Jr will probably win, but my heart is with Bobby Labonte.

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 02:31 PM
i would be happy with a b. labonte win. i hate the rain delays but it gives more time to watch the draft.

daleemnm
04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Rained out. They'll race tomorrow at 12 PM. I'm skipping school tomorrow! :D

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Rained out. They'll race tomorrow at 12 PM. I'm skipping school tomorrow! :D yeah, im skipping work. (ill go in for a few hours but leave before the green flag)

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Guh! Talladega is my favorite track and now I won't be able to watch the race because I'll be at work.

At any rate, here's my picks... Chevy, baby!

Terrible Tony (Stewart, not hipchest)
Jeff Gordon
Junior
Harvick
Jimmie

MasterOfPuppets
04-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Guh! Talladega is my favorite track and now I won't be able to watch the race because I'll be at work.

At any rate, here's my picks... Chevy, baby!

Terrible Tony (Stewart, not hipchest)
Jeff Gordon
Junior
Harvick
Jimmie
don't you have a vcr???

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Sure do, but it won't be the same. I'll have to know who won the race before I arrive home from work and then I won't care to watch the taped race because I'll already know who won. I'll probably listen to it on the radio if I can and/or keep in touch w/the goings on via nascar.com.

MasterOfPuppets
04-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Sure do, but it won't be the same. I'll have to know who won the race before I arrive home from work and then I won't care to watch the taped race because I'll already know who won. I'll probably listen to it on the radio if I can and/or keep in touch w/the goings on via nascar.com.
oh you silly woman....:rolleyes: the simple solution would be to just not inquire about the race. then you can be suprised when you watch it. plus,you can watch it in half the time without the commercials.....:thmbup: when i lived in hawaii,they showed the prime time games after they were already played,so i had to not watch tv until game time so i didn't know who won.

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Yea, I might be silly, but I will have to know what's going on with the race during the race...(lol). I can't help it! I love it that much and won't be able to stand not knowing. I have to know what's going on w/Jimmie. :smile:

MasterOfPuppets
04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea, I might be silly, but I will have to know what's going on with the race during the race...(lol). I can't help it! I love it that much and won't be able to stand not knowing. I have to know what's going on w/Jimmie. :smile:
well if history is any indication.....jimmie will cause the big one ....:sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
well if history is any indication.....jimmie will cause the big one ....:sofunny: indeed. like people really "brake check" at talladega, where youre flat out all the way around the track in the 1st place.

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
anyone come down with the "checkered flag flu"? the race is a go. no rain in the forecast and the grandstands are packed. for those waiting to watch, i will resist the urge to yell

"THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!" when it happens.

SteelerDan43
05-01-2006, 12:22 PM
and we have a mini one, well medium one. 5 wide dont work

DIESELMAN
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
1. Stewart
2. JR.
3. Kenseth
4. Johnson
5. Jarrett

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
:dang: geesh ....did i ever take a beatin in the fantasy points!!! schrader!!!...what was i thinkin...:banging:

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I had Jr, Gordon, Yeley and Nemecheck. At about 3 o'clock, there was a collective "Oh, shit" from every trailer park and flophouse in America when Jr. blew up. Front Row Joe was running well until one jackass or another wrecked him. Yeley actually finished 11th, which was cool, but Gordon had the best car all day and got hung out to dry with just a few to go.

Still, I'd rather him finish 15th with 10 bonus points than be behind the wall.

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Still, I'd rather him finish 15th with 10 bonus points than be behind the wall.
where jr,and schrader were....:dang: kevin harvick got me an unimpressive 24th :rolleyes:

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Actually, considering that Harvick had the rear end of his car smashed to Hell at the beginning of the race and was 3 laps down for most of it, 24th IS impressive.

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
this will be one of the most exciting races of the year it was. talladega always is again. good luck watching just one car. instead enjoy watching the 3 wide 200mpg rolling parking lot. watch for the big one(happened on lap 9 and i will definitely look for and enjoy that black #8 on the track. any one can win from any starting position (unless they drive a ford or dodge). while hendrick and dei usually battle for the win, this could be roush's time to break through with a m. kenseth win. rousch had a strong showing with kenseth macmurray leading and edwards up front much of the time, but it was team hendrick battling for the lead at the end. at one point it looked as if they may finish 1,2,3

theres really no way to break this down, especially havent even seen the qualifying order yet, but qualifying dont matter, so look for the usual suspects to be up front. either stewart, biffle or johnson will lead the most laps and he who has the tightest drafting partners at the very end will win the usual suspects were up front most of the day, although biffle blew up

1. dale jr 31st
2. gordon (jeff) 15th but again seemed to have the best opportunity to win with the most teammate support
3. saddler (elliot) 16th he probably had the strongest car but couldnt get no one to go with him to save his life. jarret was a nonfactor in helping him cause he likes to hang out in the back
4. busch (kurt) 7th penske definitely fielded a top 5 car. busch did it all with no teammates and everyone on the track who hates him but he kinda forced ex teammates kenseth and mcmurray to work with him on several occasions
5. t. stewart 2nd. just hung out all day and shot out of a rocket there at the end
6. j. johnson 1st him and vickers worked a little better there at the end. it must tick gordon off he has a teammate hungrier for wins than he is.

darkhorses: s. riggs, truex jr., denny hamlin, and bobby labonte in the retro #43 STP car (cool)

darkhorse s. riggs turned out a saving day for me in fantasy with the race dominant gordon and saddler getting shuffled there at the end. its all about having a drafting partner out there and team hendrick is showing the chemestry jr., and waltrip were showing a few years ago. funny how the wondertwins arent catching the flak that dei suffered. "oh, hes letting his teammate win"

bummer of the day: ryan newman (once again) is caught up in an accident having nothing to do with him. 5 wide 9 laps in. he even tried backing out of the situation and all the rookies and 2nd year guys around him kept forcing the issue. bam!

one hell of a race. definitely lived up to billing

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 07:04 PM
you gotta give it up to vickers, schrader, and waltrip to make it back in time to appear on their inside nextel cup show. schrader said he hopped on a suzuki motorcycle to make it there in 45. minutes. theres probably no one over 45 years old more balls to the wall than schrader.

clevestinks
05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I missed it , did they get the race off today??

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Yup.

Gordon didn't lose this race that was his to win for lack of hunger, he just made the wrong move at the wrong time. Considering that he's the new king of restrictor plate racing winning 4 of the last 8 and 3 of 4 in 2005, I'd say he it's much more likely that he simply made a mistake at the wrong time and was shuffled back.

SteelerzGirl
05-01-2006, 07:43 PM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e016.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/f060.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a040.gif

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.57367597gs047_aaron_s_499.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
has his car passed inspection yet???:busted:

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
doesn that picture violate forum rules? i demand it be removed.

SteelerzGirl
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
has his car passed inspection yet???:busted:

http://www.now-n-then.net/forum/images/smilies/lame.gif

LOL :wink:

SteelerzGirl
05-01-2006, 07:57 PM
doesn that picture violate forum rules? i demand it be removed.

Demand all you want, baby! I post them just for you! :smile:

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 07:57 PM

Actually, that was pretty good.

SteelerzGirl
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks, sweetie! I was really rooting for Jeff and thought he had it until the end there. Who knew Jimmie would win? Geesh... I'm really, really happy that Jimmie won at Talladega! Yay!

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 08:02 PM

got ya worried huh???:nana: :rulez: :mg:

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
gotta give a shot out to travis kvapil. he missed the wreck of the year by inches by a heads up evasive move on the infield. otherwise 3 cars woulda been completely destroyed. i saw the accident that ended steve parks cup career flash before my eyes.

tony steward barely missed t-boning jr on a spin. (a spin that expired jr.s motor. a few more inches and both their days wouldve been done.

gordon went from leading with a lap and a half to go to 15th at the end and saddler went right with him. proof that its not over till its over, and why all fans get their moneys worth in talladega.

except for the few boneheads who started to file out once jr. blew up. if i pay that much for a ticket you gotta drag me out of there.

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 08:19 PM
mark martin was a little pissed....seems like he's always in the wrong place at the wrong time at dega. last year he was near the front when jimmie caused the big one.

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
mark martin was a little pissed....seems like he's always in the wrong place at the wrong time at dega. last year he was near the front when jimmie caused the big one.which one? jimmie caused 2. :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 08:41 PM
which one? jimmie caused 2. :dang:
the one that he "didn't" know what happend, :rolleyes: