PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be a great game

GBpack2010
01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
I can see a 27-24 type game going either way. I think both defenses are alot better then last time we met and our offenses are exactly the same. I think playing on turf favors us a bit but that's why they play the games. Your qb is a hell of a player and will keep you in the game. Rodgers will keep us in the game and our O line hopefully will give him time to throw. I think your O line will do a decent job in protecting Ben. Special teams is our weakness but hopefully we can shore that up before the super bowl. I know we lost to Detroit, Washington and Miami guys but give us a break, we won 3 road games against tough teams in the playoffs. You guys earned your run as well. I think Steeler fans are the nicest fans as well, havent met one Steeler fan that isnt classy.

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2011, 12:10 AM
yep, all things considered, they're both very closely matched, ...this will be one of the great memorable Superbowls'.

GBpack2010
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
yep, all things considered, they're both very closely matched, ...this will be one of the great memorable Superbowls'.

Im happy it's you guys and not the Pats or the Jets. I hate those teams and so happy they lost. Im happy a classy team like Pittsburgh can get in it. I have a question though, how were Seattle and Arizona fans in the super bowls you played them? I have to say Cardinal fans are the worst fans or one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Talk about ****y fans for never winning anything.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 12:24 AM
2 of the best organizations in football. wouldn't have it any other way

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 12:25 AM
i pretty much agree with your take on the game. it should be a great, hotly contested battle. it could make for the best superbowl of all time (it will definitely be the highest rated).

ive been around here for quite a while. i can say we had a TON of seahawk fans join. alot brought WAY too much smacktalk and they reeked of overconfidence.

we had a good showing from the cardinal fans and they were a little bit more realistic. im hoping we get alot more packer fans, cause we all know we represent 2 of the top notch fanbases around and we can have some good friendly (and even heated) discussions. :cheers:

as for the turf advantage going to you guys....

the steelers have been playing on slop for the better part of the last 2 months. just wait til you get to see mike wallace, emanuel sanders, and antonio brown on a clean track. :cya:

its gonna help troy, our speed rusher james, and lawrence timmons is probably the fastest ilb in the league.

all these guys will no longer feel like they are running in quicksand.

GBpack2010
01-26-2011, 12:26 AM
2 of the best organizations in football. wouldn't have it any other way

Too bad we both couldnt be handed the lombardi trophy or split it. We both our classy franchises and deserve it dont ya think?:thumbsup:

GBpack2010
01-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I notice every time you talk to a Seahawk fan they whine about blown calls in the super bowl in 05? I watched that game and it was their own fault, not the refs. They turned the ball over every time they had an opportunity to score. Holmgren was a sore loser as well.

VegasStlrFan
01-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Im happy it's you guys and not the Pats or the Jets. I hate those teams and so happy they lost. Im happy a classy team like Pittsburgh can get in it. I have a question though, how were Seattle and Arizona fans in the super bowls you played them? I have to say Cardinal fans are the worst fans or one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Talk about ****y fans for never winning anything.

They were very ****y, but they also weren't given any credit for getting there. They had a chip on their shoulder and probably rightfully so.

sarahpalinhater
01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
The thing I would worry about if I were a Packers fan is how bad their Chemistry and Cohesiveness can get over the time til the Super Bowl. I mean in my honest opinion, I think the Packers management blew it BIG TIME by not allowing their IR players to be in the Super Bowl team Photo. I mean it has started a title wave as it goes to the
Twitter remarks against the Packers Brass by players Barnett, and especially Finely. I mean has anyone checked out his twitter page the past day ?

Sorry Packer fans but, you can brush this off as nothing all you want. But I assure you this type of animosity ciculating during the week that Green Bay has to prepare, and then face the hoards of Media is not a good thing. I mean how stupid of a team rule is it that the players who got Injured through no fault of their own cannot be in the picture with their fellow teammates ? :noidea:

Like I said, if I were a Packer fan, I would be concerned. But right now, it appears that EVERY Steeler player is being Quiet. Not sounding off to the media. And just having one anothers back. And THAT is the type of " Chemistry & Cohesiveness " I wanna see from My team :thumbsup: :tt04: :hug:

USWSteel
01-26-2011, 02:07 AM
The thing I would worry about if I were a Packers fan is how bad their Chemistry and Cohesiveness can get over the time til the Super Bowl. I mean in my honest opinion, I think the Packers management blew it BIG TIME by not allowing their IR players to be in the Super Bowl team Photo. I mean it has started a title wave as it goes to the
Twitter remarks against the Packers Brass by players Barnett, and especially Finely. I mean has anyone checked out his twitter page the past day ?

Sorry Packer fans but, you can brush this off as nothing all you want. But I assure you this type of animosity ciculating during the week that Green Bay has to prepare, and then face the hoards of Media is not a good thing. I mean how stupid of a team rule is it that the players who got Injured through no fault of their own cannot be in the picture with their fellow teammates ? :noidea:

Like I said, if I were a Packer fan, I would be concerned. But right now, it appears that EVERY Steeler player is being Quiet. Not sounding off to the media. And just having one anothers back. And THAT is the type of " Chemistry & Cohesiveness " I wanna see from My team :thumbsup: :tt04: :hug:

Yep a super bowl team photo will cost the Packers a win....OMG, you cant be freaking for real ? I can here Rodgers now in the huddle 4th and goal at the steelers one yard line... hey guys do you remember 2 weeks ago when we took that picture ? :frustrate

Buddha Bus
01-26-2011, 02:25 AM
I can see a 27-24 type game going either way. I think both defenses are alot better then last time we met and our offenses are exactly the same. I think playing on turf favors us a bit but that's why they play the games. Your qb is a hell of a player and will keep you in the game. Rodgers will keep us in the game and our O line hopefully will give him time to throw. I think your O line will do a decent job in protecting Ben. Special teams is our weakness but hopefully we can shore that up before the super bowl. I know we lost to Detroit, Washington and Miami guys but give us a break, we won 3 road games against tough teams in the playoffs. You guys earned your run as well. I think Steeler fans are the nicest fans as well, havent met one Steeler fan that isnt classy.

I feel the same way about this game. A closely contested battle with one of the QBs making the key difference in the outcome. Both defenses are great. Our O-line is suspect and even more so with Pouncey injured. I think we have the advantage in the run game easily. You may have the edge in receiving. Our special teams is a little shaky right now.

I like and respect your team a lot. A classy franchise with a great history. I couldn't have asked for a more fitting opponent. I've always wanted to see a Packers-Steelers Super Bowl. It should be an awesome game.

Welcome to the board and here's to some quality football discussion and friendly smack talk! :drink:

chacha
01-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Two great teams with great tradition, should be good!!!

pghfrank62
01-26-2011, 08:04 AM
How sweet would it be to win #7 in the palace in Dallas against the teams legendary coach the trophy is named for. In America's Team backyard. Its like heaven man!!!!!

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 09:15 AM

You hit the nail on the head with Cardinal fans. Not all of them were bad, we did have a few good ones here...but they were really condescending too.

I couldn't tell you about the Seattle fans before the game. I only know of how Seattle fans acted after the game lol. Even years after, it still isn't pretty. :chuckle:

You guys have been really awesome so far. And I can't say enough how happy I am to be playing Green Bay as well. I'm fully expecting to get a few GB fans just wanting to trash talk (and I know there have to be some unruly Pitt fans on some of your boards lol), but it's the SB...you'll have that no matter what.

Maybe my feeling towards the game will change in a week, when it all sets in, but I can't even muster up a little bit of hate right now lol.