PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben is supposely The "Evil" QB going into The SB.

Deserei90
01-26-2011, 01:09 AM
All day long I've heard at least from 10 people on the internet that Big Ben is the evil QB that needs to get beat in The SB and taught a lesson. They make it sound like, there's no way this man can win, b/c of what he's done. I think they think he's the devil or something lol. The Name calling is disgusting. Rapist this, Rapist that. You got some damn hypocritical people in this world. I mean, people are ready to forgive Michael Vick for what he's done, but no one is willing to forgive Ben for what they thinks he's done? I think people enjoy having to watch a celebrity getting accused of something. People just can't let stuff go. smh

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
its a shame they are wearing the black jerseys. i guess the black helmets will have to do.

after all black hats are fitting in cowboy country.

sarahpalinhater
01-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Get ready Texas,,,here come the " EVIL " one....Ben ? :tt03:

http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/austin_powers_dr_evil.jpg

Deserei90
01-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Get ready Texas,,,here come the " EVIL " one....Ben ? :tt03:

http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/austin_powers_dr_evil.jpg:toofunny:

Deserei90
01-26-2011, 01:20 AM
I mean I know The mans no saint, but damn!!

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Lets not forget way back when, Ben put himself in this situation,...,we ALL know that now, and obviously so does Ben. it's part of growing up! If you gonna make news, then you're gonna be the news, good or bad... thats it, and thats all.
If he can live with it, and function with it, then so can you.

I'm sorry if I sounded gruff, But I'm just soooo sick n tired of others constantly bringing up the same sordid crap about anyone else -even if it's in their "defense", 'cause it sure as ______ doesn't help anybody.

Just let dead dogs lie please ppl,!

Steelers are in yet again another SuperBowl -isn't that enough to forget the past ? I'm happy as can be. :)

lionslicer
01-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Its obvious Ben put himself in a situation, but its also obvious he didn't do anything and the charges were dropped.
Its funny how when a celebrity gets accused, people believe 100% they did it even if proven innocent, but when your best friend gets accused of something it was someone elses fault or they were set up...

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2011, 01:37 AM
omg, ok, I give up
*sigh* sheesh :)

sarahpalinhater
01-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Its obvious Ben put himself in a situation, but its also obvious he didn't do anything and the charges were dropped.
Its funny how when a celebrity gets accused, people believe 100% they did it even if proven innocent, but when your best friend gets accused of something it was someone elses fault or they were set up...

Two things: One, no one is ever PROVEN Innocent. Innocence is ALWAYS Presumed in this country. And two: Charges were never dropped. In order for that to have happened there first would have had to been a arrest, or Ben being Indicted.

Just educating you a little my Steeler Brother :wave:

Deserei90
01-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Lets not forget way back when, Ben put himself in this situation,...,we ALL know that now, and obviously so does Ben. it's part of growing up! If you gonna make news, then you're gonna be the news, good or bad... thats it, and thats all.
If he can live with it, and function with it, then so can you.

I'm sorry if I sounded gruff, But I'm just soooo sick n tired of others constantly bringing up the same sordid crap about anyone else -even if it's in their "defense", 'cause it sure as ______ doesn't help anybody.

Just let dead dogs lie please ppl,!

Steelers are in yet again another SuperBowl -isn't that enough to forget the past ? I'm happy as can be. :)I know where your coming from just thought I get this off my chest about it. But of couse, I'm happy about them being in the SB again:thumbsup:

lionslicer
01-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Two things: One, no one is ever PROVEN Innocent. Innocence is ALWAYS Presumed in this country. And two: Charges were never dropped. In order for that to have happened there first would have had to been a arrest, or Ben being Indicted.

Just educating you a little my Steeler Brother :wave:

Why do you always attack me? Yeah "proven not guilty" and "proven innocent" are pretty interchangable when you just want to get a point accross.

Yeah my mistake. She accused him of rape but she didn't file the charges. Are you happy now?

Just a side note, I'm a criminal justice major, I know exactly what happened, I just fail at english and communication so I make mistakes, just don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake, its rude.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 01:57 AM
most people i know are going against the steelers because they think we 'won enough already'. i keep telling em this league isn't a handout league. you get to the championship, you deserve to be there! there's 15 other teams in the afc, it's up to every one of them really to stop us from getting there.

Deserei90
01-26-2011, 02:06 AM
most people i know are going against the steelers because they think we 'won enough already'. i keep telling em this league isn't a handout league. you get to the championship, you deserve to be there! there's 15 other teams in the afc, it's up to every one of them really to stop us from getting there.Yeah, They think the Steelers get it handed to them on a silver platter.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Just a side note, I'm a criminal justice major, I know exactly what happened, I just fail at english and communication so I make mistakes, just don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake, its rude.

Just a side note; I'm a criminal justice major. I know exactly what happened, however I fail at english and communication. Thus, I make mistakes. Don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake; it's rude.

:thumbsup:

pitt0wns
01-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Kobe Bryant anyone?

SacknificentStew56
01-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Nobody's perfect and he's been accused but never found guilty. You're right about how some people can't let things go. But what they're forgetting is that he is a proven winner who has the recipe for success. Continue to want him to lose and he'll keep on proving his doubters wrong.

jjpro11
01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
you guys need to realize this isn't 2005 any more.. we aren't the Cinderella story with the fairytale ending hanging in the balance (Bettis). this time we are coming off two Super Bowl wins and our QB is one of the most hated players in the league, whether it's justified or not. the tables have turned and now the Packers are the feel-good story as the 6th seed and Aaron Rodgers is the toast of town. to take it a step further, people want the Packers and Rodgers to win to stick it to Favre, another player nobody likes much any more.

plenewken
01-26-2011, 08:09 AM
you guys need to realize this isn't 2005 any more.. we aren't the Cinderella story with the fairytale ending hanging in the balance (Bettis). this time we are coming off two Super Bowl wins and our QB is one of the most hated players in the league, whether it's justified or not. the tables have turned and now the Packers are the feel-good story as the 6th seed and Aaron Rodgers is the toast of town. to take it a step further, people want the Packers and Rodgers to win to stick it to Favre, another player nobody likes much any more.

:applaudit:

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 08:15 AM

What is obvious is that Ben had the good fortune to have the case with a DA who actually thought it was necessary to have evidence that established beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime was committed before the DA would seek an indictment.

Not all DAs play the game that way when celebrities are involved (e.g. - Ray Lewis was indicted for murder in Atlanta, pleaded out to an obstruction of justice charge, and the jury acquitted his co-defendants - makes you wonder whether a different DA with different standards would have indicted Lewis in the first place)

Ben was not found innocent and probably ended up writing a significant check to the woman he shared a bathroom with in Milledgeville - he simply was not indicted

This is all going to be churned up again next week but I assume Ben and the team have the scripted responses down after going through the drill with the media in training camp and when Roethlisberger returned in October

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 08:19 AM

Spot on :drink:

Steelers probably are in the same place the Patriots were when they lost to the Giants - most folks without a strong rooting interest in either team will be rooting for Green Bay.

Wallace108
01-26-2011, 08:24 AM

^^This post is spot on. As a sports fan, I get tired of seeing the same team win all the time (unless it's MY team, of course). And there are still Steelers fans who haven't forgiven Ben yet. So if you're not a Steelers fan, chances are you're not rooting for Ben and the Steelers.

jjpro11
01-26-2011, 08:42 AM
it's easy for fans of other teams to sit back and point fingers all while knowing, but never admitting, they'd take Ben in a heartbeat if they were guaranteed he'd bring the same success to their team that he did the Steelers. at this point in their lives, Browns fans would take a convicted murdered for a QB if he could bring them a Super Bowl. Jets fans last week were talking shit about Ben even though their QB was accused of the exact same thing. it's just the typical hypocritical, two-face society we live in. say all the right things and then do the exact opposite.

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 09:16 AM
it's easy for fans of other teams to sit back and point fingers all while knowing, but never admitting, they'd take Ben in a heartbeat if they were guaranteed he'd bring the same success to their team that he did the Steelers. at this point in their lives, Browns fans would take a convicted murdered for a QB if he could bring them a Super Bowl. Jets fans last week were talking shit about Ben even though their QB was accused of the exact same thing. it's just the typical hypocritical, two-face society we live in. say all the right things and then do the exact opposite.

Yep - there is a sports talk host in Atlanta, John Kincaide (he also does ESPN radio Sunday morning) who was ragging on Steelers fans for rooting for Roethlisberger. Several years ago Kincaide was leading th charge agsinst Michael Vick here

Kincaide is from Philly and admits to being a big Eagles fan - after taking off on how anyone can root for the Steelers with #7 at QB, Kincaide was asked how he can still root for the Eagles with Vick as QB. Kincaide said although he still deplores Vick's conduct he roots for the Eagles as a team, not the player. Which pretty much answered his own question on how Steelers fans can still support their team.,

As Jerry Seinfeld says, I am rooting for laundry (black & gold in my case) - it would be nice if all the players were like Polamalu off the field but it does not work that way.

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Some people are such idiots. I post on another board occasionally and most of the people there are rooting for the Packers either because they think that Green Bay is due another Lombardi or because rapist this, rapist that. I know there's no convincing some people out there, so I've pretty much given up on trying to defend Ben to anyone who won't even acknowledge that he might not be guilty. Because to these people, it doesn't matter no charges were ever filed, the "victim" dropped the case, the previous accuser was such an obvious flake that it throws the "serial rapist" theory completely out the window, etc.

But anyway, all of that aside, I saw this one idiot claim that, because Ben is in the game "the Super Bowl will be another snooze fest like in 2009." ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? I've heard people - even ones who hate the Steelers - admit that was one of the most thrilling Super Bowls of all time. Some analysts even proclaimed it to be the best ever, with Ben's game winning TD strike to be the best play ever in a Super Bowl. And don't give me the "he's a rapist now so none of it matters" crap. The game was played before any of these allegations cropped up. If OJ's amazing play isn't negated by what he did later in life, then Ben's SB heroics shouldn't be affected by what he was accused of doing.

**By the way, I know OJ also was never found guilty, but that is a different scenario... he was formally charged, he fled from police, he went to trial, there were numerous accounts of him abusing his wife, etc. As for Ben, according to Sports Illustrated, what passes for "evidence" that he's a rapist is apparently skipping out on the bill at a couple of restaurants.

And I also don't think Ben is going to write a book in a few years called "If I Did Her."

tanda10506
01-26-2011, 01:29 PM
All day long I've heard at least from 10 people on the internet that Big Ben is the evil QB that needs to get beat in The SB and taught a lesson.

This is the problem with people, they are stupid. I've been reading the same thing and it's BS. What, Ben is supposed to think that if the Steelers loose the Super Bowl it's because of some off the field situation and that he deserved to loose? LOL. People are so dumb. If the Steelers loose, which they won't, it's because the Packers played better or the refs screwed us lol.

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
This is the problem with people, they are stupid. I've been reading the same thing and it's BS. What, Ben is supposed to think that if the Steelers loose the Super Bowl it's because of some off the field situation and that he deserved to loose? LOL. People are so dumb. If the Steelers loose, which they won't, it's because the Packers played better or the refs screwed us lol.

Yes, if the Steelers lose the Super Bowl, look for Ben to post the following on his twitter page:

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..."

sarahpalinhater
01-26-2011, 01:39 PM

I agree. We lose it's because the other team played better. But JESUS I have never seen another Pro Athlete get crusified like Ben has, and this with easily the most PROOF that not one, but BOTH Women are outright liars! I agree Ben maybe showed some Immaturity in the Georgia Incident....like trying to have AGREED upon sex in a bathroom...cause that is Immature. But it is NOT Illegal, or criminal in any way. I mean why don't we just get it over with and call Ben the " Anti-Christ " ?

Hell we can Issue him a new uniform number as well....how about # 666 :doh:

SteelerEmpire
01-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Mendenhall thinks he's "deliciously evil " ... :chuckle:

stb_steeler
01-26-2011, 02:51 PM
:blah::blah::blah: Face it....those that keep attacking Ben are just jealous that he's back to the SB after all that happened an they cant believe it. Never in their wildest dreams did they think he would make it after a 4 game suspension. :tt02:

Mavajo
01-26-2011, 03:28 PM
You get accused of rape twice in less than eight months, your public image is going to take a hit. Fair or not, this isn't a mystery.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I love being the Bad Guys!

chacha
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
what about the stuff that happened last summer with some girls accusing some Packers (one being Clay Matthews) of rape, but then they said it was just one player (Brandon Underwood) and the other guys were cleared of charges.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
what about the stuff that happened last summer with some girls accusing some Packers (one being Clay Matthews) of rape, but then they said it was just one player (Brandon Underwood) and the other guys were cleared of charges.

oh you mean this?

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=852325

chacha
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
^ yup

Mavajo
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Lol wow, you guys seriously hate. Two Super Bowl championships in the last half decade and you're this bitter? You guys should be Vikings fans. I've seen a post calling our defensive line undersized (our 3 starting linemen weigh in at just under 1,000 lbs, and average about 20 lbs more than your starting line), calling Tramon Williams a media-made facade (he's one of the best cover corners in the NFC), and another with a bunch of you guys hoping the Steelers try to put some illegal hits on Rodgers to knock him out of the game.

I've always thought the Steelers were the class of the NFL, but some of you guys around here are a complete joke. Get a grip. The Steelers aren't the only good team in the NFL, and you aren't the only team with great players.

Also, you can dryhump Big Ben all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he's got legitimate, undeniable character issues. Also doesn't change the fact that he's a fantastic QB and one of the best in the NFL. Digging up a weak article on some Packers players that was almost immediately discredited by the investigating police a few days later, and comparing that to Ben's history? Laughable. Now if another story pops up about those same guys, then you'll have a point.

Till then, quit hating, chumps.

chacha
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
^ Who's hating? You're the one calling people chumps. You're so defensive. Both posts mentioned they were cleared,. well, almost all of them, right? :noidea: It's just a little messed up that with Ben, it's always brought up, which will happen of course with a SB QB, but other dudes have been through similar stuff.

Mavajo
01-26-2011, 09:56 PM
^ Who's hating? You're the one calling people chumps. You're so defensive. Both posts mentioned they were cleared,. well, almost all of them, right? :noidea: It's just a little messed up that with Ben, it's always brought up, which will happen of course with a SB QB, but other dudes have been through similar stuff.

The difference is, he went through it twice, and was the only person accused in both instances. The circumstances surrounding the accusations don't make him look good either.

Personally, I don't really care much either way. I just find it a little funny that some of you are playing a victim card for Ben. I seriously doubt he raped anyone, but he probably got drunk, felt entitled, and played a little grab ass when he shouldn't have. Not the worst of sins in my book, but enough for your reputation to take a dump in the court of public opinion.

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Till then, quit hating, chumps.

woah... easy there chumura.

Mavajo
01-27-2011, 09:37 AM
woah... easy there chumura.

Only one "u" in Chmura, sweetie.

chacha
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
wow, you really know what's what, honey! :naughty:

tony hipchest