PDA

View Full Version : 10-6 vs 10-6

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Let's face it. For all of the calls that went against the Steelers this season, two plays made the difference between playing home and playing away in the playoffs.

1.) Miami debacle at the goal line where possession should have been awarded to Miami. Game over.

2.) God hates the Bills.

That's it, folks. That's the difference between 12-4 and playing in the Super Bowl and 10-6 and playing in the Super Bowl.

Just sayin'. :tt03:

OX1947
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
And if my aunt had a schlong she would be my uncle. I'm just sayin.....

El Nino
01-26-2011, 02:50 AM
buffalo woulda made the playoffs if they won all those close games, that's the difference between 12-4 and 4-12

Buddha Bus
01-26-2011, 02:51 AM
What if the moon was your car and Jupiter was your hairbrush?

Aussie Steeler
01-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Negative.
Miami was the correct ruling. The officials came in and said TD pretty much straight away so Steelers didn't fight for the ball. Either way if they did, it was INCONCLUSIVE which team recovered the ball. Hence, Pittsburgh ball.
Secondly, Bills WR can't catch a wide open ball - that's why he's in the Bills and the Bills suck.

Rick5895
01-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Some people will look for any reason to be negative.

pancake
01-26-2011, 05:09 AM
And if my aunt had a schlong she would be my uncle. I'm just sayin.....

:rofl:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I just dont know what to say, lol

Would this not apply to every team in some sort of fashion?

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Your point?

You can say this about, literally, any team in the NFL right now. :noidea:

ricardisimo
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Your point?

You can say this about, literally, any team in the NFL right now. :noidea:
Except the Bengals. Let's keep things in perspective, Mom.

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Don't forget Polamalu stripping the ball from Flacco in week 13 on 2nd and 5 near midfield with around 3:30 left and the Steelers down 10-6 - even if the Steelers would have got the ball back on a punt I doubt they would have gone 80 yards in 2 minutes

Lose that game and the Steelers probably were a #6 seed and could not have atttempted to heal up - even if they beat the Colts on the road the next playoff game would have been in New England

plenewken
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Except the Bengals. Let's keep things in perspective, Mom.

Watch out them Bungles. They're implementing a totally new approach for next year. LOL

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/Bengals-1-1-1.jpg

zulater
01-26-2011, 12:23 PM
The Steelers also could have won 3 of the 4 games they lost with one play turning a different direction.

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Little Known Facts from ESPN:

The Steelers would be 0-16 now if they had lost the games they won.

Ben Roethlisberger would have a 0.0 quarterback rating if he never completed a pass all season.

Rashard Mendenhall would not have run for 128 yards in the AFC Championship Game if he had been injured and placed on IR.

Pittsburgh's Defense would not be #2 in total defense in the league if they were #32 in total defense.

Playing in Heinz Field would not be a factor in the playoffs if the Steelers still used Three Rivers Stadium (and it still existed).

The Steelers would not have six rings right now if they only had five.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I think it is funny how you all are mainly butt-hurt and defensive.

"Hubble grubble best team in universe rubble grubble anyone else any other team grubble rubble"

All'z I saying is, for all complaining and crying that goes on about the officiating on this board, very little does anyone take the time to realize how fortunate the Steelers season turned out BECAUSE of the poor officiating.

Back to your hubble grubbling.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Little Known Facts from ESPN:

The Steelers would be 0-16 now if they had lost the games they won.

Ben Roethlisberger would have a 0.0 quarterback rating if he never completed a pass all season.

Rashard Mendenhall would not have run for 128 yards in the AFC Championship Game if he had been injured and placed on IR.

Pittsburgh's Defense would not be #2 in total defense in the league if they were #32 in total defense.

Playing in Heinz Field would not be a factor in the playoffs if the Steelers still used Three Rivers Stadium (and it still existed).

The Steelers would not have six rings right now if they only had five.

Glad to see you could make it to the party, John Madden. :chuckle:

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Don't forget Polamalu stripping the ball from Flacco in week 13 on 2nd and 5 near midfield with around 3:30 left and the Steelers down 10-6 - even if the Steelers would have got the ball back on a punt I doubt they would have gone 80 yards in 2 minutes

Lose that game and the Steelers probably were a #6 seed and could not have atttempted to heal up - even if they beat the Colts on the road the next playoff game would have been in New England

Thanks for seeing the light and not pushing out your chest trying to burying creative thought and discussion.

This Steelers team is as lucky as they are opportunistic.

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 12:45 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas? :noidea:

Like I said, this could go for (almost) every NFL team right now. Luck is part of football. I just don't get the point of going back and saying, "if this had happened, or if this hadn't happened blah, blah, blah".

They could have been a 15-1 team this year too. They could have been 8-8. They're 12-4 (14-4 w/ postseason) though.

Maybe we should go through all the possible scenarios in detail?

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Glad to see you could make it to the party, John Madden. :chuckle:

:chuckle:

"They only need to go 10 yards to make a first down."

"All they need to do is get into the end zone to score."

"Two plus two is five... uh, I mean four."

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas? :noidea:

Like I said, this could go for (almost) every NFL team right now. Luck is part of football. I just don't get the point of going back and saying, "if this had happened, or if this hadn't happened blah, blah, blah".

They could have been a 15-1 team this year too. They could have been 8-8. They're 12-4 (14-4 w/ postseason) though.

Maybe we should go through all the possible scenarios in detail?

Tthere's still a week and a half between now and the Super Bowl.

Just because content of a thread doesn't conform to your personal thoughts/beliefs/ideals doesn't mean you should go berate or talk down to that poster. Which, since I've been more active here on this board, I can tell is all too common. :wink02:

Now, your condescension aside... Pittsburgh's lucky breaks put them in the position they are in. Had they not gotten the breaks, I doubt they will against Indy AND NE like the Jets did. Any Steelers fan should feel super fortunate that the Steelers got the breaks they did. What's wrong with acknowledging them?

Oh. SCMom doesn't like it?

Close thread.

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM

"Hubble grubble best team in universe rubble grubble anyone else any other team grubble rubble"

All'z I saying is, for all complaining and crying that goes on about the officiating on this board, very little does anyone take the time to realize how fortunate the Steelers season turned out BECAUSE of the poor officiating.

How was the Bills player dropping a TD pass "poor officiating"?

And if the rule was correctly applied in he Miami game how is that poor officiating?

Just asking

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Just because content of a thread doesn't conform to your personal thoughts/beliefs/ideals doesn't mean you should go berate or talk down to that poster. Which, since I've been more active here on this board, I can tell is all too common. :wink02:

Now, your condescension aside... Pittsburgh's lucky breaks put them in the position they are in. Had they not gotten the breaks, I doubt they will against Indy AND NE like the Jets did. Any Steelers fan should feel super fortunate that the Steelers got the breaks they did. What's wrong with acknowledging them?

Close thread.

:crying01:

I'm not going to close your thread.

On the same not, try to not pretend you've never been condescending about a topic you don't care for. It's just hypocritical.

I gave my opinion on it. That was my "insightful" contribution to the thread. :chuckle:

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, the Dolphins thing is a lucky break, but I would just chalk the Bills game to Buffalo's ineptitude. I know they played tough, but you don't lose that many games in a season if you don't have a LOT of kinks to work out. Dropped TD passes - even by star receivers - happen all the time... just ask Anquan Boldin.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
How was the Bills player dropping a TD pass "poor officiating"?

And if the rule was correctly applied in he Miami game how is that poor officiating?

Just asking

The Bills drop had nothing to do with it. The Miami game however, the verdict is still out.

Possession was granted to the Steelers afterwards because the officials deemed that they didn't know who had possession of the ball afterwards. I watched the game. I saw a Dolphins player hand the ball to the official after the brew-ha-ha.

Now interpret it how you want. But a Dolphins player handing the ball to the official is a good enough indicator that they had possession of the ball. I understand possession changes in a pile 25 dozen times. I was just floored when they actually gave the ball back to Pittsburgh. 11-5 doesn't get 2nd seed.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
:crying01:

I'm not going to close your thread.

On the same not, try to not pretend you've never been condescending about a topic you don't care for. It's just hypocritical.

I gave my opinion on it. That was my "insightful" contribution to the thread. :chuckle:

Less uppity jerk. More insight. :thumbsup:

zulater
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
The Bills drop had nothing to do with it. The Miami game however, the verdict is still out.

Possession was granted to the Steelers afterwards because the officials deemed that they didn't know who had possession of the ball afterwards. I watched the game. I saw a Dolphins player hand the ball to the official after the brew-ha-ha.

Now interpret it how you want. But a Dolphins player handing the ball to the official is a good enough indicator that they had possession of the ball. I understand possession changes in a pile 25 dozen times. I was just floored when they actually gave the ball back to Pittsburgh. 11-5 doesn't get 2nd seed.

So by that standard once the Steelers made the goal line stand in their first game against the Ravens a Steelers victory was assured? Because obviously there was no chance the Ravens might force a quick punt and score on the subsequent possession right?:doh:

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
So by that standard once the Steelers made the goal line stand in their first game against the Ravens a Steelers victory was assured? Because obviously there was no chance the Ravens might force a quick punt and score on the subsequent possession right?:doh:

No. No. Really? No. Now you're just stretching. What does that even have to do with anything I typed?

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM

Stop it. We can obviously only look at the two scenarios he's pointed out...since those are the only two that could have ended differently and given the Steelers a different record.

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Less uppity jerk. More insight. :thumbsup:

Sorry you missed the point. :doh:

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2011, 01:13 PM

The former chief of NFL officials was not floored -

Said [former NFL vice president of officiating Mike] Pereira: "Once you decide it was fumbled, you have to find out if there's indisputable visual evidence of one player recovering the ball before it enters into any kind of a pile. It's not what happens when a player comes out of a pile."

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/25799-refs-got-fumble-call-correct

And as stated above, sketchy calls are part of the game - there were a number of calls (Hines Ward being called for offensive pass interference in the end zone in the first half of the New Orleans game - Michael Oher not being called for repeatedly false starting in the Baltimore loss in October) that could have changed the outcomes of those games in which the Steelers lost

A win counts the same no matter how you win it and so does a loss

Sixburgher
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
If Spaeth could catch, we'd have beaten the Jets the first time around. If Gay was a better corner, we'd have beaten the Ravens the first time around. Funny how things work out.

tanda10506
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Negative.
Miami was the correct ruling. The officials came in and said TD pretty much straight away so Steelers didn't fight for the ball. Either way if they did, it was INCONCLUSIVE which team recovered the ball. Hence, Pittsburgh ball.
Secondly, Bills WR can't catch a wide open ball - that's why he's in the Bills and the Bills suck.

This^

zulater
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
No. No. Really? No. Now you're just stretching. What does that even have to do with anything I typed?

When that fumble occured, there was 2.36 on the clock, and the Steelers had all 3 timeouts.

So lets say the fumble is awarded to the Dolphins, their ball at our 20, leading by 2 points with 2.36 on the clock, and the Steelers with 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning in their hip pocket.

Game's over huh? :tap: Think hard before you answer, ok.

:coffee:

The Steelers didn't make the call, the refs did, the Dolphins got the ball back and had an opportunity to regain the lead, but they didn't, and that's just the way it goes.

steelerchad
01-26-2011, 01:19 PM

Buffalo was poor officiating? So are we talking bout 1 game or 2?
Are we also forgetting about the non calls on the Jets holding our receivers? If those would have been called, we win that game. It all washes in the end and the good teams find ways to win the majority of their games. That's why we are where we are.

steve314
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM

Actually, if all his passes were incomplete, his QB rating would be 39.6.

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Thanks for seeing the light and not pushing out your chest trying to burying creative thought and discussion.

This Steelers team is as lucky as they are opportunistic.

Capt. Obvious has spoken!

Close thread.

i actually read this thread twice, just to make sure i wasnt missing anything. the only 3 postes i read that carried a defensive and butt-hurt tone are listed above. im pretty sure everyone who has read the thread would mainly agree.

i realize you have a very high opinion of yourself and thats good. it doesnt mean every single thought is sheer brilliance that needs to be bronzed and placed upon a pedestal for the adulation of the masses.

some people may just :yawn: which is what i see in this thread.

there is absolutely nothing profound in the OP. the specific examples cited were beaten to death ad nauseum after the games in which they happen.

no "creative thought or discussion" was buried. lets face it... the topic is rather redundant and mundane.

lets be real here... if i start a thread that states that one unlucky 3 way tie breaker rule was the difference between our 9-7 team last year making the playoffs and sitting at home, it doesnt make me a deep thinking genius.

neither would saying we were 5 unlucky breaks in 5 games away from homefield advantage.

i think i have to fart now.

i think i will post it for all the world to know. :thumbsup:

Wallace17
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I want my 15 min of life back after reading this thread. I'm now slightly retarded. Thank you all.

P.S.- The bills do suck and im glad they lose every year.

fer522
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
would have
should have
could have
but didn't.
we're going to dallas baby
go steelers :tt03: :tt03:

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Capt. Obvious has spoken!

i actually read this thread twice, just to make sure i wasnt missing anything. the only 3 postes i read that carried a defensive and butt-hurt tone are listed above. im pretty sure everyone who has read the thread would mainly agree.

i realize you have a very high opinion of yourself and thats good. it doesnt mean every single thought is sheer brilliance that needs to be bronzed and placed upon a pedestal for the adulation of the masses.

some people may just :yawn: which is what i see in this thread.

there is absolutely nothing profound in the OP. the specific examples cited were beaten to death ad nauseum after the games in which they happen.

no "creative thought or discussion" was buried. lets face it... the topic is rather redundant and mundane.

lets be real here... if i start a thread that states that one unlucky 3 way tie breaker rule was the difference between our 9-7 team last year making the playoffs and sitting at home, it doesnt make me a deep thinking genius.

neither would saying we were 5 unlucky breaks in 5 games away from homefield advantage.

i think i have to fart now.

i think i will post it for all the world to know. :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/uujDZ.gif

toughsticks87
01-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Eh, you can argue the same for every team when analyzing their season. Look at the Bengals switching the numbers in W and L columns for last year and this year.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Could have actually been a better season if Miller didn't fumble against the Saints, the Defense didn't play "not to give up the big play" against the Patriots and maybe if Jeff could have made a couple field goals to keep it closer early, and if the D would have made one play on the Ravens last drive in the first game...who else beat us?...let me think...oh right...the Jets...effing Safety and a dropped pass and a non-holding call on our receivers to win the game.

BengalDestroyer
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I just dont know what to say, lol

Would this not apply to every team in some sort of fashion?

Yes it would, that's why I can't stand when fans of other teams say things like - "the Bills would have won if Johnson caught that ball in OT..." IF, well he didn't. or "the Jets got lucky in Foxboro, if the Pats won that game they'd be in the SB..." well they didn't.

It is what it is, and what it is is A Steel Era of Domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt04::tt::tt02::tt03: :hatsoff::helmet:

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Could have actually been a better season if Miller didn't fumble against the Saints, the Defense didn't play "not to give up the big play" against the Patriots and maybe if Jeff could have made a couple field goals to keep it closer early, and if the D would have made one play on the Ravens last drive in the first game...who else beat us?...let me think...oh right...the Jets...effing Safety and a dropped pass and a non-holding call on our receivers to win the game.

And in the end, it solidifies that the ball does take some funny bounces... Weird things do indeed happen. Both ways. Gotta love this game, really.

Too bad the commish has ruined it with his personal politics.

43Hitman
01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
And in the end, it solidifies that the ball does take some funny bounces... Weird things do indeed happen. Both ways. Gotta love this game, really.

Holy shit! Really? It took 5 pages to come to this conclusion?

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/43hitman/fail_thread.jpg