PDA

View Full Version : Bold predictions...

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Here is how I see it... Relax.

We win... something like 27-24. The game is a total nail bitter and comes down to the end. It is logical that Ben wins SB MVP honors. Terry won his first SB MVP in his third trip to the Bowl. Against Dallas of all teams. Ben wins his first SB MVP in Dallas (3rd SB appearance). However, Troy P. arguably makes the games biggest play at the end. He's been quiet lately and will have a monster game. His play will seal the deal for the team and we'll get our 7th Lombardi. Think about it... Throughout the season Troy made all of the big plays when it counted.

So why Ben? Ben has something to prove to his critics.. His stat line for the AFC Championship was terrible... We all know that. However, stats in my opinion are over-rated and he made some key throws when it counted. He will silence some of his critics with a big win. In other words, I believe his stats will be good enough to win the MVP.

Of course, I am more concerned by the victory over the Pack and call me selfish but I want Ben to win as well. I was pretty upset that Crosby did not win the MVP when we last hoisted the Cup. Although Malkin was a monster.

pitt0wns
01-26-2011, 03:31 AM
This stat shit is irritating.

He played a hell of a game vs the Jets.

You can point the blame back and forth on th Mendy INT.

The deep pass was just as good as a punt thats why Ben threw it.

Mendy did all the work and thats why Ben has 19 throws

Third Rail
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Steelers 35
Packers 27

Super Bowl MVP: Ben finally gets his due.

steelax04
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
This stat shit is irritating.

He played a hell of a game vs the Jets.

You can point the blame back and forth on th Mendy INT.

The deep pass was just as good as a punt thats why Ben threw it.

Mendy did all the work and thats why Ben has 19 throws

I agree except for the deep pass... it was on 2nd down. So I can't exactly get on board with the "it was as good as a punt" as the Steelers don't typically punt on 2nd down.

SH-Rock
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Emmanuel Sanders will get a 100 yards
Rashard Mendenhall will get a 100 yards

OX1947
01-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I am seeing less and less people pick the Steelers in this one. I mean, people think Rodgers is Joe Montana, especially with the game being a Dome.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I am seeing less and less people pick the Steelers in this one. I mean, people think Rodgers is Joe Montana, especially with the game being a Dome.

I'm wondering if the Steelers really can pull this one off.

It's going to be a fast field. Green Bay has already shown what they can do in a dome environment. Then again, it wasn't against LeBeau's defense.

Is Rodgers concussed? Will Pouncey be able to play effectively?

I'm predicting 34-27 Good Guys.

SH-Rock
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Well we know Ben can certainly match Rodgers yard for yard. The key in this game is how well Mendy and Heath are used.