PDA

View Full Version : Packers will wear green jerseys

SacknificentStew56
01-26-2011, 03:17 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/packers-will-wear-green-jerseys-as-home-team-in-super-bowl/1

Packers will wear green jerseys as home team in Super Bowl
10:02 AM
Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

The Green Bay Packers will wear their green jerseys when they face off with the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

The Packers are the home team, due to a rotation between the NFC and AFC teams every year.

They elected to wear the green jerseys, their traditional uniform when they play at Lambeau Field.

Coach Mike McCarthy said the green ones are the Packers' preferred jerseys.

"We're excited about that," he said.

The Steelers will wear their white jerseys, which they wore two years ago when they defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

Also, the NFL announced that the roof at Cowboys Stadium will be closed during the game on Feb. 6.

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=SacknificentStew56;908044]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/packers-will-wear-green-jerseys-as-home-team-in-super-bowl/1

Packers will wear green jerseys as home team in Super Bowl
10:02 AM
Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

The Green Bay Packers will wear their green jerseys when they face off with the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

The Packers are the home team, due to a rotation between the NFC and AFC teams every year.

They elected to wear the green jerseys, their traditional uniform when they play at Lambeau Field.

Coach Mike McCarthy said the green ones are the Packers' preferred jerseys.

"We're excited about that," he said.

The Steelers will wear their white jerseys, which they wore two years ago when they defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this! The Packers have made a fatal mistake by going with their green uniforms. They've been on the road since the playoffs began wearing their white uniforms. In 2005, we stuck with our white uniforms and won the Super Bowl. They will not do what the Steelers did in 2005. Also, I kind of enjoy wearing our whites in Dallas. Just as Dallas enjoys that clean feeling, we will too! haha.. In the modern era of Steelers football all of our victories have been in the whites..

StainlessStill
01-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Lets go 4-0 in the whites! Man, as much as the whites have turned out well for us, it would have been GREAT to see those Black and Gold's glistening in those Dallas lights....

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Lets go 4-0 in the whites! Man, as much as the whites have turned out well for us, it would have been GREAT to see those Black and Gold's glistening in those Dallas lights....

I agree.. However, we have go with the for sure thing!

toughsticks87
01-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Sounds good to me, Steelers have done well in white.

fat4jc
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I was hoping we'd get to wear the whites.

fer522
01-26-2011, 11:55 AM
superbowl 40 white jersey steelers
superbowl 41 white jersey colts
superbowl 42 white jersey giants
superbowl 43 white jersey steelers
superbowl 44 white jersey saints
superbowl 45 white jersey steelers

:tt03: :tt03:

Hobbes
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
superbowl 40 white jersey steelers
superbowl 41 white jersey colts
superbowl 42 white jersey giants
superbowl 43 white jersey steelers
superbowl 44 white jersey saints
superbowl 45 white jersey steelers

:tt03: :tt03:

VERY INTERESTING!!!!!
I noticed NFL.com was already selling Super Bowl jerseys. Both black and white. They also had a RED Ben practice jersey. :rofl:

stb_steeler
01-26-2011, 02:15 PM

I think the Steelers prefere it that way....they always have! :tt02:

Tagg67
01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know what Jersey the Steelers will be wearing in Super Bowl XLV?

I heard somewhere that they alternate each year between AFC & NFC on who will wear DARK, and who will wear LIGHT?

In Super Bowl 43 the steelers were suppose to wear Black, but were given the option to wear White?

Does the higher Seed get to decide?

Any thoughts??

Oh yeah, "HERE WE GO STEELERS" "HERE WE GO":tt02:

SteelCityMom
01-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Packers in green, Steelers in white.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=68196

I thought I used to know, but I guess I didn't really know cause the whole thing just confuses me lol. Just want them to win! :tt02:

(merging this with the other thread that got a little buried).

7steelcurtain5
01-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I believe its the AFC's turn to be the home team. Last year was NFC.

43Hitman
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
I believe its the AFC's turn to be the home team. Last year was NFC.

lol does anyone bother to even read the thread..lol WE ARE WEARING OUR WHITE JERSEY'S THE PACKERS ARE THE HOME TEAM AND CHOSE TO WEAR THEIR GREEN JERSEY'S.

Thanks and have a nice day. :hatsoff:

madtowndrunkard
01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Look what happened to the last team to wear green jerseys against our steelers?

plenewken
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
lol does anyone bother to even read the thread..lol WE ARE WEARING OUR WHITE JERSEY'S THE PACKERS ARE THE HOME TEAM AND CHOSE TO WEAR THEIR GREEN JERSEY'S.

Thanks and have a nice day. :hatsoff:

I had the same reaction until I realized that 2 similar threads were merged. That's why some posters sound like they haven't read the whole thread.