PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-26-2011, 08:01 AM
I just think it's funny. We basically go run, run, pass on every possesion to run out the clock and totally take the foot off the throttle. They really think they they did something great in the second half to shut us down. My grandma could have played D coordinator in the second half and shut down the Steelers when you know exactly what was coming. That said, I think we did the right thing. When you are up 24, you just milk the clock.

A win is a win... :applaudit:

TRH
01-26-2011, 08:05 AM
well.....basically this more like what happened :
--we kicked their tails far worse in the 1st half, than they kicked ours in the 2nd half
--we made a terrific goal line stance and a couple other key defensive plays in the 2nd half
--we made a few critical plays on offense in the 2nd half as well

So either way you look at it....at the end of the day....we still played better and deserved the WIN

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I hope they seal the man-hole cover when they retreat to their homes

cloppbeast
01-26-2011, 08:15 AM
I just think it's funny. We basically go run, run, pass on every possesion to run out the clock and totally take the foot off the throttle. They really think they they did something great in the second half to shut us down. My grandma could have played D coordinator in the second half and shut down the Steelers when you know exactly what was coming. That said, I think we did the right thing. When you are up 24, you just milk the clock.

A win is a win... :applaudit:

The Jets still couldn't stop Ben and the offense on the last drive when it counted.

Emmitt Smith said: Great players aren't always great, they're great when they have to be.

DrunkFlea
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
The two 3rd down passes on our final drive tell the real story.

Playing like that when the game was truly on the line proved to me what the second half was really about. Jets did a great job adjusting at the half but make no mistake.. the Steelers were just running out the clock.

FanSince72
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
And which team is going to be appearing in its EIGHTH Super Bowl?

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 08:48 AM
The two 3rd down passes on our final drive tell the real story.

Ryan would've swallowed his pride, and had 'the Sanchize' hand-off on basic running-plays

kirklandrules
01-26-2011, 09:00 AM
When I'm driving down the road and run over a squirel, I don't turn around to look at it. The Steelers don't look in their rearview mirror either. They focus on the road ahead. Those who were run over by the Steelers machine can kick in circles until the life beats out of their worthless carcasses as we continue down our road singing HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

ZoneBlitzer
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Make no mistake. The Steelers hung on for dear life. I've been watching them do that all year. They struggle to put teams away and seem to be uncomfortable in the lead. If they go behind early in the SB, I'll feel more relaxed.

TRH
01-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Make no mistake. The Steelers hung on for dear life. I've been watching them do that all year. They struggle to put teams away and seem to be uncomfortable in the lead. If they go behind early in the SB, I'll feel more relaxed.

you mean "if they go UP early in the SB", right?
But yes, what you are saying is true. We go into that damn relaxed state of defense, which i'll NEVER understand, and let teams drive straight down the field, with no problem, and let them right back in the game. This happened too many times this year....i'm very surprised we didn't get burned more often on this and lose some more games.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
yes they did, too bad the game is for 4 quarters and we kicked their tails worse in the 1st half.

besides I wouldn't call it a tail kicking. we had a goaline stand on them and didn't give up the big plays other than ikes slip on santonio. we were playing to bleed the clock and did just that.

tanda10506
01-26-2011, 12:38 PM
The Steelers for the last 2 years have struggled to put teams away when they form a big lead. It's funny because if the Steelers are up by a 3-10 points or down 3-10 points I'm confident. But when they have a big lead, lately, I'm still nervous. I know for a fact from just playing high school football, that when you blow a team completely out in the first half, it's hard to be pumped up in the second. I think that played a role.

TRH
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
The Steelers for the last 2 years have struggled to put teams away when they form a big lead. It's funny because if the Steelers are up by a 3-10 points or down 3-10 points I'm confident. But when they have a big lead, lately, I'm still nervous. I know for a fact from just playing high school football, that when you blow a team completely out in the first half, it's hard to be pumped up in the second. I think that played a role.

Pittsburgh could have been up 48-0 at the end of the 1st half and would have found a way for the score to be 48-46 with 2 minutes left.........:chuckle:

tanda10506
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Seems like it's that way sometimes. The most frustrating this year was the Bengals game. I think it's something they will get past soon though.

Bubbabanjo
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Which entitles them to one bucket of balls at the drivin range!!

J....E.....T....S...........LOST LOST LOST!!!

Just no hate for the Jets.............Beatin the Ravens feels wayyyyyyyyyyy better. Sure they feel the same with the stinkin Pats and Bellichump.

stb_steeler
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/LandShark13/Funny/Rex-01.png

SteelSurf
01-26-2011, 03:43 PM
As always,the Steelers are another story. They are gritty, grimy, pick-axe tough and dangerous. Are they living under a bridge? Who really knows? Are those self-made prison tattoos? Who Really knows? Is the Steeler Defense joking about the mix of what looks like blood and dirt on that shovel in the back of the pickup? Again... Who knows? You don't mess with the Steelers because they are that crazy,knuckle dragging rough guy who chugs grain alcohol and looks like he could snap at any moment.You don't mess with "that" guy.You don't talk smack or piss him off.

The Jets knew this and as such, leading into last week's AFC title game, the Jets have spent the week
kissing Pittsburgh's ass. And I think the reason is that the Jets know that while they want to be perceived as a hard-nosed, physical, violent football team, they know Pittsburgh has been playing that way for nearly half a century.

If the NFL was a college, the Jets would major in almost.

sharkweek
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Pittsburgh could have been up 48-0 at the end of the 1st half and would have found a way for the score to be 48-46 with 2 minutes left.........:chuckle:

there's a point where you could theoretically just start kneeling it down and then punting so that you eat up at least 2 minutes off the clock every possession.

48 points is at the very least 6 possessions (6 TDs + 6 two point conversions) which means at least 12 minutes off the clock leaving the other team only 3 minutes per drive to score a TD + 2 point conversion. If they miss a TD and a 2 point conversion on any drive that's another drive they need to make up the score and another 2 minutes off the clock due to kneel-downs.

Not going to happen.

BengalDestroyer
01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
yeah, they kicked our tails, and then we turned around and laughed, saying better luck next time, we still have more points

Steelrule
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Play to win, the whole darn game, and I'll be happy no matter what the outcome. Keep your cleats on their throats and never let up. We haven't had a good SB blow out since Tampa blew out the the Raiders (2003). Last year looks like a blow out (31-17) but it was still a 1 point game with 5 mins left.

I consider a blow out those game such as Baltimore spanking New York, 49ers spanking San Diego, Dallas spanking Buffalo - twice, San Fransicso laying wood to the Bronco's, then Washington doing it two years later, and the Giants doing it to them again the next year. It seems most of the spanking have been at the expense of the AFC. Time to exact a little revenge.

GMU Steeler
01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Well shit we killed them in the first half. The Jets had a great 2nd half but it wasn't enough. All that really matters ultimately is the final score was Steelers: 24 and Jets: 19. I realize oppposing fans are jealous, I mean I would be too, we've made it to the conference championship more than we haven't these past seven years but at least use logic and common sense.

ZoneBlitzer
01-27-2011, 12:27 AM
you mean "if they go UP early in the SB", right?
But yes, what you are saying is true. We go into that damn relaxed state of defense, which i'll NEVER understand, and let teams drive straight down the field, with no problem, and let them right back in the game. This happened too many times this year....i'm very surprised we didn't get burned more often on this and lose some more games.

Yes - if they go up. I think it's a psychological thing with this team. They need to be under the gun to have that extra motivation it seems. When they are ahead, the sense of urgency can drop off the map at times, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

lionslicer
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Its a tail of 2 halfs. What the Steelers did in the 1st half was a lot greater than what the Jets did in the 2nd half. Simple, you have to play good football for 60 minutes, not 30. Jets didn't even play good football the whole 2nd half, end of the 4th quarter Steelers played better to seal the deal.

SacknificentStew56
01-27-2011, 01:53 AM
I loved when Rex ripped off his hat and headset. That summed it up right there for me. Like they say, it's not how you start the game, it's how you finish and we finished on top, got the W and gonna be on the JerryTron.

SteelerFanInATL
01-27-2011, 03:53 AM
Why is it everytime we accomplish something people always say we cheated, got lucky or something else crazy. :hunch::hunch: Seattle fans say ben didn't score: Arizoina fans say both of Holmes feet were not in. Now Jets fans are saying we got our tails kicked in the 2nd half. Last time I checked it is a game of 60 mins and the FINAL SCORE is what counts. :noidea::noidea::blah::blah:

Rick5895
01-27-2011, 05:53 AM
LOL, and the Ratbirds kick our asses in the first half, LOL, both are at home because when it mattered niether team had the character to step up and win when it mattered.
Losers always look for something to hang on to, thats all they are doing. Makes the off season go a little better for them.

stlrtruck
01-27-2011, 06:29 AM
I give the jets credit for taking advantage of it and being able to put together some drives in the second half. They did get after it and they did kick our arse in the second half, for most of it anyway. But the bottom line isn't what you did for 30 minutes unless that 30 minutes gets you the W!