PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers needs to be hit ... Hard!

ETL
01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I saw a clear difference in Rodgers before and after the hit by Peppers.

Like most pass happy QBs, Rodgers does not like to be hit and I would make it a part of our early game plan to tag him at least twice in the first quarter. Even if we are penalized 15 yards for those hits, I think it will be well worth the investment for the rest of the game.

I don't think it's playing dirty. It's just football.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Like most pass happy QBs, Rodgers does not like to be hit and I would make it a part of our early game plan to tag him at least twice in the first quarter. Even if we are penalized 15 yards for those hits, I think it will be well worth the investment for the rest of the game.

I doubt it would ever happen because that's just one of those unspoken sportsmanship rules that the players would never do. Let's hope LeBeau and Co. can get to him because, yes. I think you're right. Knock him around a bit, he'll become rattled.

Mavajo
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Like most pass happy QBs

Pass-happy QBs? As opposed to QBs that don't like to pass?

finesward
01-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I would like to see him get hit legally, and very hard. I'm hoping its on a scramble and timmons pushes him OOB into a bleacher. See how much he does that gay title belt celebration nursing a sore shoulder

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I would like to see him get hit legally, and very hard. I'm hoping its on a scramble and timmons pushes him OOB into a bleacher. See how much he does that gay title belt celebration nursing a sore shoulder

I dunno. I have always been entertained by the belt celebration. Cracks me up. Though I hope he doesn't get the opportunity in XLV. I think it happens no matter how they score, so long as Rodgers is on the field when it occurs.

Mavajo
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM

I'm a Packer fan, but I hate that celebration too. Apparently it's a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke, though.

plenewken
01-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Two early 15 yards penalties for roughing the passer and the Steelers would receive a bunch of yellow flags for the rest of the game and lose the game.

Plus what you ask for is not the Steelers mentality. Now, hitting him clean and within the rules, I'm all for it.

Maybe the best team win, without key injuries and officiating blunders.

MikeHaullace
01-26-2011, 04:16 PM
... what you ask for is not the Steelers mentality. Now, hitting him clean and within the rules, I'm all for it.

Maybe the best team win, without key injuries and officiating blunders.

Best case scenario though, something makes me believe that the Steelers are going to be setting a Super Bowl record in penalties.

I'm all for getting legal hits in on Rodgers. There is a noticeable drop-off in his play/style when he has plenty of time to throw and room to run, against when he's getting banged around. Then again, this is the case for any other QB in the league not named Roethlisberger.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2011, 04:27 PM
what'll happen is...Harrison will hit him...Hard...legally, still get a flag for it.

mcg24
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Ike Taylor has been saying it all along, they don't want us to win. Think about it, if the Packers win, what a Cinderella story that would be! The 6th seed, beating the best Super Bowl team of all time?

Plus come on, it's Green Bay, "Titletown." Why would the NFL NOT want the Packers ton win??

Not saying the refs will be against us come Super Bowl Sunday, but I certainly don't think we are going to get any gifts either. If we hit Rodgers after he gets any throws off, I'll expect to see a flag every time.

toughsticks87
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
If he tries to run out of the pocket for a gain, James Harrison should pull out some of his vintage Cleveland hits to knock his ass out (since the QB would be a runner then, making any hit legal)

sharkweek
01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
read an article about which QB faces the tougher test as far as the pass rush is concerned and it brought up an interesting point that Rodgers already suffered two concussions this season and his latest blow to the head in the NFCCG seemed to adversely affect his play whereas Roethlisberger hasn't had the same issues this season.

Really, Rodgers is far more vulnerable to just one good clean hit and he could effectively be neutralized to perform well if not take him out of the game entirely.

chacha
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
that belt celebration of Rodgers is pretty lame imo

toughsticks87
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a hard time hating on Aaron Rodgers or the Packers. I respect them a lot, I just want them to lose ever so badly.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM

totally agree...I hate that "championship belt" thing he does...I hope we whoop his arse right out of the stadium.

ETL
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
As the OP, I don't hate Aaron Rodgers. I am just saying we should just play hard.

I remember seeing Charles Martin of the packers body slam Jim McMahon. That is dirty. But the way the Saints hit Farve last year is totally legal to me.

Rod Woodson used to talk about how if they hit certain QBs, like Testeverde, they would start playing poorly. It's been done before and it's not dirty.

If rodgers can withstand these hits and play well and win, then he deserves to win.

4xSBChamps
01-26-2011, 05:38 PM
... Rodgers is far more vulnerable to just one good clean hit...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonlookingovershoulder.jpg

"... just one good, clean hit, huh?"

plenewken
01-26-2011, 05:50 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonlookingovershoulder.jpg

"... just one good, clean hit, huh?"

LOL. I love it!

Packers4ever
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Classy.

Hit the opposing QB dirty enough to get 2- 15 yd penalties & you don't think it's dirty? WTF would dirty be then?

Would it be dirty if Clay took out Bens knee?

As good as the Steeler defense is dirty doesn't need to be played. But I do agree with you after the head shot by Peppers Rodgers game did seem to change. Can you blame him he's lucky he wasn't knocked out cold.

I'm not sure but it looks like you don't think your Steelers can beat Green Bay when their full strength.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I would make it a part of our early game plan to tag him at least twice in the first quarter. Even if we are penalized 15 yards for those hits, I think it will be well worth the investment for the rest of the game.

Wow.........................sounds desperate :applaudit:

saveus1011
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Two decent hits on Rodgers, and we'll be ok.

Personally, I'm finding it something hilarious that the Pack believe they've already won the game.

UMBC79
01-26-2011, 07:08 PM

No, it's not "just football", if the hits you're advocating are helmet to helmet hits which merit 15 yard penalties. It's dirty football, and it is dangerous football.

Time Magazine this week had an article about how dangerous concussions can be to youngsters, as well as NFL players.. We're talking permanent damage and early death here. There is a growing problem with concussions in youth football starting at a very young age. And the article raised the point that these young players follow the example of the NFL games they see on TV, and that includes the dangerous hits which the NFL is rightly trying to minimize.

Beyond that, it sounds to me like you may be thinking that Rodgers may do to the Steelers secondary what he did to Atlanta's and you would not mind seeing an illegal hit to injure him or even take him out of the game early.

It's a matter of good sportsmanship. If the Steelers can beat Rodgers and the Packers receivers at their best, then the Steelers deserve the championship. But if they need to take Rodgers out in order to prevent the Steelers secondary from being lit up like Atlanta's was, then the Steelers don't deserve to win the Super Bowl. \

Any team which wins a Super Bowl due to an illegal hit on the opponents QB, that is a tainted victory which was achieved based upon bad sportmanship. I hope this Super Bowl does not come down to that.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM

he can have that championship belt, we'll take the lombardi trophy.

UF-Steeler
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
No, it's not "just football", if the hits you're advocating are helmet to helmet hits which merit 15 yard penalties. It's dirty football, and it is dangerous football.

Time Magazine this week had an article about how dangerous concussions can be to youngsters, as well as NFL players.. We're talking permanent damage and early death here. There is a growing problem with concussions in youth football starting at a very young age. And the article raised the point that these young players follow the example of the NFL games they see on TV, and that includes the dangerous hits which the NFL is rightly trying to minimize.

Beyond that, it sounds to me like you may be thinking that Rodgers may do to the Steelers secondary what he did to Atlanta's and you would not mind seeing an illegal hit to injure him or even take him out of the game early.

It's a matter of good sportsmanship. If the Steelers can beat Rodgers and the Packers receivers at their best, then the Steelers deserve the championship. But if they need to take Rodgers out in order to prevent the Steelers secondary from being lit up like Atlanta's was, then the Steelers don't deserve to win the Super Bowl. \

Any team which wins a Super Bowl due to an illegal hit on the opponents QB, that is a tainted victory which was achieved based upon bad sportmanship. I hope this Super Bowl does not come down to that.

Wow, way to put words in his mouth. He didn't ever say anything about hitting Rodgers in the head. He is talking about hard hits. Refs sometimes throw a flag when a defensive player hits the QB really hard.

Also, our defense isn't Atlanta's. We're not scared and we'll get pressure on him. Hitting Rodgers is not a bad strategy, the guy gets rattled and it seems like he gets concussed if you touch him half the time.

Stop throwing bullshit out there about a deserved win. I bet you'll be one of those guys that blames the refs if we win.

ETL
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM

No, I think you are scared that one clean hit and your Super Bowl is gone. If Packers fans want to play flag football - there is a league called the National Pus$y League for you.

I don't advocate dirty play. I just want to see if Rodgers will be composed to run his offense or will he act like Brady did against the Jets.

ETL
01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I guess being a Packers fan means that you are illiterate.

Let's have Aaron Rodgers wear a red shirt so we can avoid touching him at all and be sportsmanlike as claimed by the Packers fans.

All I am saying is let's see if he plays like Ben after some hits or if he plays like Brady or Testeverde after some hits. Either way, you have get the hits on him and I think it should come early and often.

finesward
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Wow.................your signature is ALMOST as lame as the title belt celebration aaron does

almost

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
No, I think you are scared that one clean hit and your Super Bowl is gone. I don't advocate dirty play.

I would make it a part of our early game plan to tag him at least twice in the first quarter. Even if we are penalized 15 yards for those hits

Make up your mind.

These are two ELITE Quarter Backs playing for the ultimate goal in their professional life. Why on God's green earth you would wish harm on one of them is beyond my comprehension.

I want one of our teams to win because of their skill and talent. I want the Best Team to win, not because someone got injured. I want bragging rights, not excuses. Of course I hope it's the Packers.

Talk like this just makes me believe you doubt your team. That you may not think your team is good enough to win in a fair game.

Just remember the image of Rodgers spitting out blood after the Peppers hit in Chicago and finishing the game.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 08:10 PM
^ Hey man, rodgers can have 'the belt', we'll take 'the trophy' :)

finesward
01-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Make up your mind.

These are two ELITE Quarter Backs playing for the ultimate goal in their professional life. Why on God's green earth you would wish harm on one of them is beyond my comprehension.

I want one of our teams to win because of their skill and talent. I want the Best Team to win, not because someone got injured. I want bragging rights, not excuses. Of course I hope it's the Packers.

Talk like this just makes me believe you doubt your team. That you may not think your team is good enough to win in a fair game.

Just remember the image of Rodgers spitting out blood after the Peppers hit in Chicago and finishing the game.

I'll remember how terrible he played after spitting out blood from the Peppers hit. Hopefully our Defense will remember that as well when they tackle

UMBC79
01-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Wow, way to put words in his mouth. He didn't ever say anything about hitting Rodgers in the head. He is talking about hard hits. Refs sometimes throw a flag when a defensive player hits the QB really hard.

Also, our defense isn't Atlanta's. We're not scared and we'll get pressure on him. Hitting Rodgers is not a bad strategy, the guy gets rattled and it seems like he gets concussed if you touch him half the time.

Stop throwing bullshit out there about a deserved win. I bet you'll be one of those guys that blames the refs if we win.

In the first post on this thread, he referred to the Peppers hit on Rodgers and said that Rodgers was less effective after that play. He advocated a similar hit by the Steelers.

The Peppers hit on Rodgers was an illegal helmet to helmet hit which was called as much by the refs and the announcers.

Now let's be honest here about Rodgers and his prospects against the Steelers.
Rodgers is an extremely accurate, fast release passer. He is the very type of QB whom the Steelers have not been able to stop. Witness what Brady did to the Steelers secondary this year, what Drew Brees did.

The reason Rodgers had trouble against the Bears had little to do with the Peppers hit. Rodgers is a QB who likes to run with the ball and has been willing to take hits, this type of play led to the two concussions. The Packers have tried to tell him to slide, to go out of bounds, etc. Rodgers certainly is not going to back down or be intimidated by tough hits, he is not like Brady in that regard.

Did you see that TD saving tackle he put on Brian Urlacher? How many other QB's would have been able to tackle Urlacher like that, that could have been a game saving tackle. Rodgers is no prima donna QB who backs off after throwing an interception.

The reason the Bears game was low scoring and Rodgers played below par, had a lot to do with the extremely cold and windy weather in Chicago last Sunday. This will not be the case in Dallas.

And we've seen what Rodgers did the last time he played under similar favorable weather conditions: conditions that are good for passing. It was the day the Packers blew the Falcons out of their own stadium. A similar result would not surprise me in the Super Bowl.

ETL
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey Baltimore county,

I don't want helmet shots to Rodgers. The peppers hit was the only hard hit I saw on Rodgers. I think if he gets hit hard, he will become more jittery and less accurate. I am not talking about taking out his knee or giving him a concussion. I'm talking about scaring him and making him think in the back of his mind that if he doesn't get rid of the ball, he will get hit and hit hard. And as I said, I want to see how he plays after that. If he is composed and drives the packers to a win, then he deserves to win.

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2011, 08:30 PM
QB in his 1st Superbowl ? -oh heck ya, our "D" has gotta lay some wood on him all day long, PRESSURE him 'till he VOMITS !!!

cubanstogie
01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
In the first post on this thread, he referred to the Peppers hit on Rodgers and said that Rodgers was less effective after that play. He advocated a similar hit by the Steelers.

The Peppers hit on Rodgers was an illegal helmet to helmet hit which was called as much by the refs and the announcers.

Rodgers is an extremely accurate, fast release passer. He is the very type of QB whom the Steelers have not been able to stop. Witness what Brady did to the Steelers secondary this year, what Drew Brees did.

The reason Rodgers had trouble against the Bears had little to do with the Peppers hit. Rodgers is a QB who likes to run with the ball and has been willing to take hits, this type of play led to the two concussions. The Packers have tried to tell him to slide, to go out of bounds, etc. Rodgers certainly is not going to back down or be intimidated by tough hits, he is not like Brady in that regard.

Did you see that TD saving tackle he put on Brian Urlacher? How many other QB's would have been able to tackle Urlacher like that, that could have been a game saving tackle. Rodgers is no prima donna QB who backs off after throwing an interception.

The reason the Bears game was low scoring and Rodgers played below par, had a lot to do with the extremely cold and windy weather in Chicago last Sunday. This will not be the case in Dallas.

And we've seen what Rodgers did the last time he played under similar favorable weather conditions: conditions that are good for passing. It was the day the Packers blew the Falcons out of their own stadium. A similar result would not surprise me in the Super Bowl.

Falcons don't quite have the same D we have. Its all about pressure. We got to Flacco, we got to Sanchez when it counted and they have arguably the best line in the NFL. Will we will get and contain Rogers. If so I love our chances. If not it might be a long night. I do know one thing, every D gets to Ben. He is used to the pressure and will be sacked without a doubt. He will also make some big plays convert some with his legs and hopefully Mendy will have 100 yds. To me this game is a pick'em. I could see us rattling Rodgers like other D's haven't, then again he has a quick release and our CB's have a tendency to give a big cushion. That is what worries me.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
lamarr woodley just needs to dong sack him

finesward
01-26-2011, 08:39 PM

Oh... I don't know. What other QB could possibly, ever, ever, make a tackle like that???

http://www.hotcornersports.com/SBXLBR2.JPG

Lets just say if that was Harrison intercepting Rodgers, he would run his ass over unlike that clutz urlacher. That guy has been getting burned for years now. I think since Bettis ran his ass over he's been on the steady decline....

So it's no coincidence Rodgers started the game off hot, seemingly having no trouble throwing the ball, then gets hit hard, and now suddenly the wind and cold are giving him fits...

Yeah ok.

Whatever makes you feel better about your QB.

Oh.

And this ain't no Falcons defense your getting ready to play :tt03::tt03:

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 08:41 PM
So it's no coincidence Rodgers started the game off hot, seemingly having no trouble throwing the ball, then gets hit hard, and now suddenly the wind and cold are giving him fits...

Yeah ok.

How'd your second half go last week?

El Nino
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM

not as bad as yours. who's caleb hanie?

43Hitman
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Make up your mind.

Hey man, just remember, this is all bravado, I've seen the same comments on a packers board. So I wouldn't get to excited about it.

mcg24
01-26-2011, 08:44 PM

How'd you do against a third string QB for a team who's starter would be on most team's benches?

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
not as bad as yours. who's caleb hanie?

We scored in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quaters. You didn't score the entire 2nd half.

Play a half a game against us, ok?

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
read an article about which QB faces the tougher test as far as the pass rush is concerned and it brought up an interesting point that Rodgers already suffered two concussions this season and his latest blow to the head in the NFCCG seemed to adversely affect his play whereas Roethlisberger hasn't had the same issues this season.

Really, Rodgers is far more vulnerable to just one good clean hit and he could effectively be neutralized to perform well if not take him out of the game entirely.yeah but now rogers is wearing his new concussion proof helmet. he said it prevented one on the j. peppers hit last weekend.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/cheesehelmet.jpg

Packerstud
01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Great football talk here by intelligent fans

mcg24
01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
who's caleb hanie?

You don't know who Caleb Hanie is?? Do you even watch football? He is the....well he is....shit I have no idea who he is.

UMBC79
01-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh... I don't know. What other QB could possibly, ever, ever, make a tackle like that???

http://www.hotcornersports.com/SBXLBR2.JPG

Lets just say if that was Harrison intercepting Rodgers, he would run his ass over unlike that clutz urlacher. That guy has been getting burned for years now. I think since Bettis ran his ass over he's been on the steady decline....

Yeah ok.

Whatever makes you feel better about your QB.

Oh.

And this ain't no Falcons defense your getting ready to play :tt03::tt03:

Yeah Roth. did have that tackle against the Colts a few years ago, that was a TD saving tackle just like Rodgers tackle was against Urlacher.

I think the Atlanta defense gave up about 18 points per game the Steelers about 14 or 15, not that much difference in points given up. Anyway the Steelers defense is great at shutting down the running game. They are average at best at shutting down top QB's like Brees or Brady. The Packers don't depend on running, they have the #1 rated QB in the league.

This is a bad Super Bowl matchup for the Steelers.

El Nino
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM
We scored in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quaters. You didn't score the entire 2nd half.

we didn't have to score in the 2nd half. the offense played to bleed the clock which they did just fine. Although they really coulda done without that safety.

UMBC79
01-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey Baltimore county,

I don't want helmet shots to Rodgers. The peppers hit was the only hard hit I saw on Rodgers. I think if he gets hit hard, he will become more jittery and less accurate. I am not talking about taking out his knee or giving him a concussion. I'm talking about scaring him and making him think in the back of his mind that if he doesn't get rid of the ball, he will get hit and hit hard. And as I said, I want to see how he plays after that. If he is composed and drives the packers to a win, then he deserves to win.

Hey you picked up on the UMBC

OK I'm glad you don't want helmet shots but I thought the Peppers hit on Rodgers was a head shot. There was an article that said Rodgers has a new modern type of helmet whcih prevented the Peppers hit from giving him another concussion.

cubanstogie
01-26-2011, 09:11 PM

We had 3 possessions the second half, ok 4 but 1 only had one play which was the safety. Last possession was a success and as good as a score. BFD we had 2 possessions in which we didn't score. Thats why stats are meaning less in my book. Except for W's.

cubanstogie
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey you picked up on the UMBC

OK I'm glad you don't want helmet shots but I thought the Peppers hit on Rodgers was a head shot. There was an article that said Rodgers has a new modern type of helmet whcih prevented the Peppers hit from giving him another concussion.

Steelers can't afford helmet shots, we get penalized. Unlike when Ben gets hit, he walks away with crooked nose and we get nothing. The pack at least got 15 yards in return.

SteelCityMom
01-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Make up your mind.

I don't necessarily think he meant it that way, at least not injuring him out the game kind of way. I think it's just we are so used to seeing the penalties called for big hits (and some not so big hits) that he's saying that rattling Rodgers cage would be worth it once or twice.

I disagree, because those penalties can be killer sometimes (it seems to depend on how the refs are feeling that day too lol), but I'm sure you get your fair share of similar talk on Packers boards right now. :noidea:

We're just all pumped up...don't take it personal.

Just remember the image of Ben's nose being broken by Ngata (with no flag) and him not even missing a down. :chuckle:

http://www.iill.net/wp-content/uploads/images/ben-roethlisberger-broken-nose.jpg

tony hipchest
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Great football talk here by intelligent fans

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/medlarge643.gif

MikeHaullace
02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/medlarge643.gif

It took until just now to realize how ironic your signature picture has become.

caseyviator
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM

we do all our scorin in one half or the other we didnt need to score in the 2nd half last week so we shut down the afterburner and coasted home, u know things to do people to see for the superbowl. gota get shit in order for our 3rd superbowl winning party youll see!!!!

u guys are but a speed bump we already played the toughest teams to beat and we only needed one half or the other to beat them, maybe we will just play for a quarter or so for you guys. u know people to see places to go for the superbowl party..our 3rd in 6 years

hahhhahhahahhhah love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caseyviator
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Yeah Roth. did have that tackle against the Colts a few years ago, that was a TD saving tackle just like Rodgers tackle was against Urlacher.

I think the Atlanta defense gave up about 18 points per game the Steelers about 14 or 15, not that much difference in points given up. Anyway the Steelers defense is great at shutting down the running game. They are average at best at shutting down top QB's like Brees or Brady. The Packers don't depend on running, they have the #1 rated QB in the league.

This is a bad Super Bowl matchup for the Steelers.

ur right not to entertaining when we always blow the teams out with one half or the other...with u guys itll only take a quarter blowout game over

packers cry cry cry

LegendSteel
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
You know it's getting closer when the talk starts heating up a bit...I love it. :tt03:

GBpack2010
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Come on guys don't wish injury on Rodgers. I would never want any of your players to get hurt either. Let's have a clean game.

finesward
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Come on guys don't wish injury on Rodgers. I would never want any of your players to get hurt either. Let's have a clean game.

We don't want him injured, we want to HURT him. Didn't Harrison thoroughly explain the difference during the season? We want to hurt him. Hit him hard. Have him see stars. Maybe vomit a little bit.

Nothing dirty about it.

Your crying will not save him....

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
It took until just now to realize how ironic your signature picture has become.

or the WE CAN NO LOSE

WE MUST WINE.. :chuckle: slogan we've been using for the last 2 or so years

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-anyoneseenRodgers.jpg

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM

I never root for injuries. ever. I haven't read all the posts in this thread so if we got folks doing that, then I apologize. However I believe the premise of the OP is that if the Steelers LB's can get to and knock Aaron around a bit, make him get happy feet and rush some throws, then that is good for us. Here's to an injury free game man. I got mad respect for the Packers. :drink:

ETL
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM

This games is not just about speed and technique; there is emotion as well. And fear should be instilled and taken into account

WRs are still afraid to go over the middle because of how hard Harrison hits and QBs throw the ball too early and inaccurately. Why? Because of fear.

No, we don't want anybody injured but just as another poster said, fear should not be eliminated out of this game either.

ETL
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-anyoneseenRodgers.jpg

That's awesome. Some of you are so talented with Photoshop.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM

agree...I love it!

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm probably wrong, but I believe it was Lombardi himself who said (paraphrasing)

"... there is a difference between 'pain' and 'injury'... 'pain' is what you feel, while an 'injury' is a serious problem... if an opponent isn't 'injured', but feels 'pain', he is vulnerable to making mistakes that we can capitalize upon... "

neither Flacco or Sanchez were 'injured', but they obviously showed the effects of continually being hit:
this theory is as-old-as dirt

... we don't want anybody injured but just as another poster said, fear should not be eliminated out of this game either.

"STELLA... get me the Steeler front office, pronto...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... SOMEBODY'S gotta be fined over this comment!!!"

I can't claim credit, as I snarfed it from Harrison's Fan Page on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=175590849135529&view=all

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Do you want #7 to be hit on the helmet's ear-hole with the crown of Clay Matthew's helmet?? ... and THAT would be acceptable?? We are talking about our respective franchises here.

This won't be an endearing statement I'm sure but, guys like Harrison and Peppers (who also has a track record) and any other hoodlum that finds that type of play acceptable should be forced to play in the leather helmets that the guys who laid the foundation for this league played in - AFTER serving a "game check" suspension. Yeah...I'm saying that their game checks should be on the line. Then, they wouldn't be so g-d cavalier.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Do you want #7 to be hit on the helmet's ear-hole with the crown of Clay Matthew's helmet?? ... and THAT would be acceptable?? We are talking about our respective franchises here.

This won't be an endearing statement I'm sure but, guys like Harrison and Peppers (who also has a track record) and any other hoodlum that finds that type of play acceptable should be forced to play in the leather helmets that the guys who laid the foundation for this league played in - AFTER serving a "game check" suspension. Yeah...I'm saying that their game checks should be on the line. Then, they wouldn't be so g-d cavalier.

actually, Ben is allowed to be hit low, hit high, hit late and even have illegal blows to his face that break his nose without flags...

that's what we call Football.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 08:05 PM

No, we don't want anybody injured but just as another poster said, fear should not be eliminated out of this game either.

Go back and read your first post. That is exactly what you're advocating. Yeah...I'm pissed... if I were to come on here and say that someone should take out Harrison's knee accidentally, you'd whistle an entirely different tune.

The difference between a hard hit and a dirty hit is as different as a lightning bug is from lightning. I recognize that 'hard guy' talk on the internet is vogue these days...but, to wish harm to a competitor because you fear you can't beat him straight up is plain and simple ... well ... mentally deficient.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
actually, Ben is allowed to be hit low, hit high, hit late and even have illegal blows to his face that break his nose without flags...

that's what we call Football.

Yeah... fine...and where do you think Rodgers' concussions came from? Same deal...hits being leveled on him would have caused a league wide stir if they were leveled at Ben R -- 2 time Super Bowl winning QB and NFL properties darling. Rodgers didn't start getting league wide notice until the playoffs...but, opposing defenders have been allowed to aim at his head with their helmets all season long.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Go back and read your first post. That is exactly what you're advocating. Yeah...I'm pissed... if I were to come on here and say that someone should take out Harrison's knee accidentally, you'd whistle an entirely different tune.

The difference between a hard hit and a dirty hit is as different as a lightning bug is from lightning. I recognize that 'hard guy' talk on the internet is vogue these days...but, to wish harm to a competitor because you fear you can't beat him straight up is plain and simple ... well ... mentally deficient.

You're taking his words out of context.

He never once (in his original post, that you are so fixated on) says anything about injuring him. And sometimes good, clean hits get penalized...especially against QB's. It really depends on how the refs are feeling. So no, the difference between a hard hit and a dirty hit are not as different as a lightning bug is from lightning. And he's not wishing serious harm on Rodgers, and he's not "mentally deficient". I think you're honestly taking the OP's comments way, way too personally.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah... fine...and where do you think Rodgers' concussions came from? Same deal...hits being leveled on him would have caused a league wide stir if they were leveled at Ben R -- 2 time Super Bowl winning QB and NFL properties darling. Rodgers didn't start getting league wide notice until the playoffs...but, opposing defenders have been allowed to aim at his head with their helmets all season long.

Uhhhh....no? Ben's been hit in the head a number of times with no flags thrown. And there was never a league wide stir (outside of the off field stuff) over him lol.

ETL
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Thanks SC Mom for having my back.

Shadow, look at post #32. I'll quote myself here to another packer complainer:

"I don't want helmet shots to Rodgers. The peppers hit was the only hard hit I saw on Rodgers. I think if he gets hit hard, he will become more jittery and less accurate. I am not talking about taking out his knee or giving him a concussion. I'm talking about scaring him and making him think in the back of his mind that if he doesn't get rid of the ball, he will get hit and hit hard. And as I said, I want to see how he plays after that. If he is composed and drives the packers to a win, then he deserves to win."

Now if you're wondering about my comments about the 15 yard penalty, I am advocating for our defense not to hold back afraid that they will get flagged. I want them to hit Rodgers if they are close to him, even if it risks a flag.

I have never advocated injuring Rodgers.

GBpack2010
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
We don't want him injured, we want to HURT him. Didn't Harrison thoroughly explain the difference during the season? We want to hurt him. Hit him hard. Have him see stars. Maybe vomit a little bit.

Nothing dirty about it.

Your crying will not save him....

Not crying at all. We want to win this game as bad as you do. Hope the officials dont throw alot of flags either. You guys would feel bad if something serious happened to one of our players cause of a dirty hit though wouldnt you? I would hope so.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM

These mental midgets received this lecture from me yesterday. The consensus is that it's ok then for our guys to go low and take out #7's knees...because it's ok to be "intimidating" ... not dirty mind you... "intimidating". I should have made my affirmative defense in crayon so these deep thinkers could understand the concept of "competitors not wishing injury on competitors".

My posts were deleted - which is fine...I really don't give a rat's ass. It does however make me wonder how I unilaterally defended Steelers fans in general as 'class and intelligent'.

SCMom... go ahead and delete this too. Your boys need protecting - god forbid that these little guys get a lesson in sportsmanship and good form. Oh my god...I think I've 'disrespected' your fan base... let the crying begin. You clowns are no better than Iggles fans....regardless what you tell yourselves.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 08:21 PM
You're taking his words out of context.

He never once (in his original post, that you are so fixated on) says anything about injuring him. And sometimes good, clean hits get penalized...especially against QB's. It really depends on how the refs are feeling. So no, the difference between a hard hit and a dirty hit are not as different as a lightning bug is from lightning. And he's not wishing serious harm on Rodgers, and he's not "mentally deficient". I think you're honestly taking the OP's comments way, way too personally.

Ma'am...with all due respect... I've played...two years of college and I've coached ... and I spend my working day doing battle with nearly every US Circuit Court in the country...you want to try telling me again that I'm taking things out of context? What I'm saying is... I can read. Perhaps the poster should take a remedial English course.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Ma'am...with all due respect... I've played...two years of college and I've coached ... and I spend my working day doing battle with nearly every US Circuit Court in the country...you want to try telling me again that I'm taking things out of context? What I'm saying is... I can read. Perhaps the poster should take a remedial English course.

What I was saying is you took it the wrong way. Which you did. Not once did he mention causing harm or injuring. So apparently no, you can't read.

As to deleted posts...I didn't delete any of your posts. You were being pretty respectful up until now.

Obviously this discussion is just too much for you. Go be an asshole on your own board. I don't really care when you've played or coached, you're nothing but a condescending douchebag and a horrible representative of your fanbase who seems hell bent on doing nothing but tossing around personal attacks and putting words in posters mouths.

Nobody here will miss you.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks SC Mom for having my back.

Shadow, look at post #32. I'll quote myself here to another packer complainer:

"I don't want helmet shots to Rodgers. The peppers hit was the only hard hit I saw on Rodgers. I think if he gets hit hard, he will become more jittery and less accurate. I am not talking about taking out his knee or giving him a concussion. I'm talking about scaring him and making him think in the back of his mind that if he doesn't get rid of the ball, he will get hit and hit hard. And as I said, I want to see how he plays after that. If he is composed and drives the packers to a win, then he deserves to win."

Now if you're wondering about my comments about the 15 yard penalty, I am advocating for our defense not to hold back afraid that they will get flagged. I want them to hit Rodgers if they are close to him, even if it risks a flag.

I have never advocated injuring Rodgers.

Apparently reading isn't for everyone ETL, since he still thinks you advocate serious injury.

And we're the mental midgets. :rolleyes:

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Not crying at all. We want to win this game as bad as you do. Hope the officials dont throw alot of flags either. You guys would feel bad if something serious happened to one of our players cause of a dirty hit though wouldnt you? I would hope so.

Of course we would feel bad. Why do you think people keep saying "I hope nobody gets seriously injured"? :noidea:

Steelerfreak58
02-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Hitting QBs hard in the NFL isn't allowed any longer just ask Marsha Brady and Goodell.

LegendSteel
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
This the same as when Harrison's comments about "hurting people" got mis-interpreted and taken out of context. No wonder the rest of the league has a stick up their ass. Have we really gotten to the point where we can't even discuss this on our OWN FORUMS without being bombarded? Seriously?

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Our visiting poster from the frozen tundra no doubt will not be pleased by this comment from Ryan Clark which Ed. B. from the P-G passes along:chuckle:

Got an interesting quote from Ryan Clark on quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who obviously is the key to Green Bay’s offense. “Thing is we have to get to Aaron Rodgers and cut the head off,’’ Clark said. He did not mean that literally and he talked about how tough Rodgers is. He was not talking about knocking Rodgers from the game but getting to him so he cannot get in a rhythm.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/107864-ed-clark-says-to-cut-the-head-off

4xSBChamps
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.facebook.com/JamesHarrisonFanPage?v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=175596125801668&set=a.175596122468335.43557.175590849135529

So the League is so concerned for player safety. So they fine $25k for an out and out boxing match on the field in the middle of a game, but they fine me a total of $125k for doing my job:
with that being said, I am doing my job the same exact way I did my job in 2008 when the League honored me with the Defensive Player of the Year Award.

But hey...what do I know? I may have give, strike that, taken one too many hits to the head...

GBpack2010
02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Hope Our O line can keep Rodgers out of trouble.

43Hitman
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Hope Our O line can keep Rodgers out of trouble.

We hope the same for our QB. We know though, that he's going to get hit, it happens every week. Numerous times.

El Nino
02-02-2011, 11:48 PM
We hope the same for our QB. We know though, that he's going to get hit, it happens every week. Numerous times.

true but he has that barry sanders effect. as he's dodging would be tacklers you know possibly something amazing is about to happen lol

Packerstud
02-03-2011, 03:28 AM
true but he has that barry sanders effect. as he's dodging would be tacklers you know possibly something amazing is about to happen

You could be talking about either our QBs

43Hitman
02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
You could be talking about either our QBs

except for the fact that Ben plays better when hit and Aaron doesn't.

SteelWolf62
02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a hard time hating on Aaron Rodgers or the Packers. I respect them a lot, I just want them to lose ever so badly.

Agree 100%.

A guy I work with is a big Packers fan and has always pulled for the Steelers in recent SuperBowls but isn't saying much. Think he knows an arse whoopin' is coming?

ETL
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
No hate for Rodgers. To be honest, I started a poll asking if we had the choice to trade Ben for Rodgers, would you do it and I submitted a yes vote. (this was just after he was accused of his 2nd rape)

But come Sunday, Ben is a Steeler and has my full support and Rodgers is the enemy and someone that I want to see defeated.

GBpack2010
02-03-2011, 11:59 PM
No cheap shots required though. You dont have to get the extra hits in there. You can sack him and make the tackle but to lay monster hits on Rodgers trying to take him out isnt right.

MikeHaullace
02-04-2011, 02:16 AM
No cheap shots required though. You dont have to get the extra hits in there. You can sack him and make the tackle but to lay monster hits on Rodgers trying to take him out isnt right.

Lucky for Rodgers that those that will be coming at him aren't cheapshot artists.

Unlucky for Rodgers that those that will be coming at him are very. hard. hitters.

Kanata-Steeler
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
yup,
Rodgers is like "...Mike Vick passing in the pocket,..." we hopefully gotta get to him unpredictably every time.
Pressure, pressure, and more pressure, or it'll be a really looooong SB night.

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Lucky for Rodgers that those that will be coming at him aren't cheapshot artists.

Unlucky for Rodgers that those that will be coming at him are very. hard. hitters.

I dont want any injuries to neither team. Lets have fun and play a great game for these two historic franchises.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonCollection-pillowsatSears.jpg