PDA

View Full Version : i must say, cinncinatti's draft sucked

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 03:28 PM
damn they suck.

bash their lame assed picks here:

bengalsfan21
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
+1 I agree with Jonathan Joseph in a way but Jimmy Williams was on the board to :shrug: not to mention Marcedes Lewis and in the 2nd round Pope was still available

clevestinks
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
+1 I agree with Jonathan Joseph in a way but Jimmy Williams was on the board to :shrug: not to mention Marcedes Lewis and in the 2nd round Pope was still available
So are you liking or not liking your draft??

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
#6 pick qb reggie mcniel said that stand in the pocket qb's like p. manning and t. brady are a dying breed in the nfl. now he gets to go learn from carson palmer. what a moron. if anything he'll be lucky to be half the wr kordell was. it seems this kid is hellbent on being a qb in the nfl. good luck with that one.

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:06 PM
sorry but i gotta pile on. while it looks they have been gearing up to stop our run we will drop them with a left cross and scorch their secondary with all our weapons in the passing game. and ike and mcfadden can match up on johnson and douchmanzedah 1 on 1.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
They wanted to upgrade their defense, but Im not so sure anything they got is a real upgrade that can help right now.

CantStop85
04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
They wanted to upgrade their defense, but Im not so sure anything they got is a real upgrade that can help right now.
1st Round: CB Jonathan Joseph...very athletic, not a ton of experience, basically a hit or miss, but I like it...Tory James isn't getting any younger/faster
2nd Round: LT Andrew Whitworth...a bit of a reach, but with with Willie Anderson likely leaving after this season I can understand this pick
3rd Round: DE Frostee Rucker...what the hell? This was the biggest reach ever, odds are he'll be converted to LB to play in the 3-4 defense, but I don't like the pick...too many other good players out there
4th Round: DT Domata Peko...there were more high-profile DT's at this point, but the kid made a lot of good plays in college and it seems like he has a lot of upside
5th Round: LB AJ Nicholson...I love this pick, a steal in my eyes, dropped due to a few character issues, but could turn out to be a very good LB
6th Round: WR/QB Reggie McNeal...In the words of Marvin Lewis, "He will be our Randle El," he has a lot of potential and if he can turn out to be anything like Randle El, I would be happy...could also make a good backup QB in the future
7th Round: DB Ethan Kilmer...Yeah...this guy is strictly a special teamer, that's all he was at Penn State and that's all he'll be in the pros
7th Round: WR Bennie Brazell...Although I like the fact that he's a former olympian and hence very fast...what the hell are we doing taking another WR?

SID
04-30-2006, 04:55 PM
No way this was a successful draft by them for one reason. The team with a tiger mascot drafts a guy named Frostee.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1333/sadfsdfsdf3oc.png

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 05:02 PM
No way this was a successful draft by them for one reason. The team with a tiger mascot drafts a guy named Frostee.

:rofl:

Not the first thing I thought of when I heard the name "Frostee," but that will work, too...(lol). :smile:

pucho58
04-30-2006, 05:13 PM

:rofl:

Stlrs4Life
04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't know, they got Reggie McNeal.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
More character flaws in thier picks,this seems to be a theme with Marvin Lewis drafts.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 06:59 PM

There is a reason Pope didn't get picked until the 3rd or 4th round. Apparently the Bengals would have been stupid to pick him in the 2nd. And they thought they had Lewis, but the Cowboys or whoever took him 2 picks ahead of them. The O-lineman they got out of LSU in round 2 has been a pleasant surprise though, he's freaking huge, and they say he can play any of the 5 positions. Just because there weren't a lot of names you've heard of doesn't mean it's a bad draft. Remember, Houshmanzadah was a 7th round pick, and Rudi was a 4th rounder. They will be fine, Marvin knows what he's doing.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:03 PM
sorry but i gotta pile on. while it looks they have been gearing up to stop our run we will drop them with a left cross and scorch their secondary with all our weapons in the passing game. and ike and mcfadden can match up on johnson and douchmanzedah 1 on 1.

Sorry, I have to jump on this one. Deltha O'Neal was a starter in the ProBowl, and we're getting Madieu Williams back off an injury last year. Not to mention Tory James went to the ProBowl two years ago and was an alternate last year. That alone should be enough to shut you up. But what makes you think your WR's are going to torch us? You lost your "gimick" in Randal El, and Hines Ward is 1 year older. Rookie WR's rarely do anything, so what are you left with? If anything the Bengals secondary got better, and your WR's got worse. Throw in the fact that we picked up Sam Adams, and you're story has holes all over it.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:13 PM

Actually, you're right. But that's a good thing. This is the first time in as long as I can remember that the Bengals didn't have to draft to fill a spot. This is the first time in my life I've actually seen them draft for depth. It's a good sign that there aren't any glaring needs, I'll take it every year.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
You lost your "gimick" in Randal El, and Hines Ward is 1 year older. Rookie WR's rarely do anything, so what are you left with?

last i saw you "lost" your franchise qb to a potential career ending injury AND his backup. good luck with the wannabe randle el qb you picked up in the draft.

advantage: steelers

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Christ, does this dude know how to use the quote function, or is he just post padding?

The Bengals took several character issues...again...even when they said they wouldn't. Rapists, thugs, and drug dealers are not what compose the backbone of winning teams in today's NFL.

SteelCityMan786
05-25-2006, 02:30 PM

Cincy gonna need more than a draft to upgrade

SteelerFanInCA
05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Sam Adams? Isn't that a beer? or is that dude that weighs like 600 lbs? I mean 599 LBS. I wouldn't want to accidentally put him in the 600 lbs club. That guy will be winded by midway through the first quarter. Winded and looking for his next meal.

Bengal Fan
05-25-2006, 03:15 PM
First of all, no Steeler fan should even utter the words upgrade. You're worse on both sides of the ball than you were last year. You lost at least two starters that I know of on defense, and lost your gimick WR and emotional leader in Bettis. There are probably more I don't know about, but please don't bring up "upgrading" when talking about the Bengals. Most, if not all NFL experts would agree that the Bengals have improved their team this offseason. The same can't be said about Pittsburgh.

Just answer me this in all honesty...
Do you think you're a better team than last year?

If you say "yes" you're kidding yourself. On the other hand, the Bengals get their probowl calibur safety back, and a renound run stuffing tackle in Sam Adams. Oh, and Dexter Jackson takes the place of a guy who we picked up after he was cut by ARIZONA last year. There is no question the Bengals defense is improved. I really can't wait to see what you all have to say in about 6 months. It should be pretty interesting.

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah really. We don't upgrade anything on this team. With the exception of last season, why do you think we have sucked the last fifteen years? Seriously, get with it people. *Jumps off the bandwagon* :jerkit:

Bengal Fan
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Did I say you haven't upgraded at all in the last 15 years? Even you wouldn't say that each and every year, you've gotten better, would you. It's my opinion, and others as well, that your team didn't get better this offseason. The Bengals did.

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
First of all, no Steeler fan should even utter the words upgrade. You're worse on both sides of the ball than you were last year. You lost at least two starters that I know of on defense, and lost your gimick WR and emotional leader in Bettis. There are probably more I don't know about, but please don't bring up "upgrading" when talking about the Bengals. Most, if not all NFL experts would agree that the Bengals have improved their team this offseason. The same can't be said about Pittsburgh.

Just answer me this in all honesty...
Do you think you're a better team than last year?

If you say "yes" you're kidding yourself. On the other hand, the Bengals get their probowl calibur safety back, and a renound run stuffing tackle in Sam Adams. Oh, and Dexter Jackson takes the place of a guy who we picked up after he was cut by ARIZONA last year. There is no question the Bengals defense is improved. I really can't wait to see what you all have to say in about 6 months. It should be pretty interesting.

As if YOU'LL be around in 6 months...but, in the meantime, I'll be your hucklebuck.

The starters we lost on defense were 36 year old Kimo von Oelhoffen, and an overrated Chris Hope. I strongly believe Bret Kiesel will be an upgrade for Kimo, who was still solid, but slipping a bit in the last couple of years. Kiesel has played in the system, and will be a seamless transition. Hope's loss would hurt more if we didn't have a couple vets who can play the position in Logan and Carter, and didn't replace him with a guy who played on one's the leagues better defenses (and is a definite upgrade when it comes to tackling)in Ryan Clark...supposedly Clark is a tape fiend, and will absorb our defense quickly. Add in the fact that we have some young players like Troy, Ike and McFadden who still haven't even reached their full potential, vets like Joey Porter really flourishing in the 3-4, the promise of Farrior returning to his beastly 2004 form, and it looks like the defense of '06 will be, much to the chagrin of the three lesser teams in the AFC North, even better in '06.

Special teams would have been a problem if we didn't draft Holmes and Reid. This phase of the game will be as solid as last year, if not stronger.

By maintaining strength at ST, and becoming stronger on defense, the Steelers already laid the groundwork for being better in '06, but where it really gets exciting is on the offensive side of the ball. The weak link last year was offensive line depth, which may actually become a strength in '06. The Bengals fans won't like to acknowledge it, but one of the few reasons they actually beat the Steelers last year was the loss of one single player on the OL, Marvel Smith. We had to sub a rookie, and change our gameplan by stacking an extra TE on his side to help compensate...even then the Bengals almost lost that game. But I digress...

The retirement of Bettis will hurt a little, but with Duce Staley being purposely rested the latter part of last season in anticipation of the retirement, the RB position has been upgraded, and upgraded significantly. Why? Because not only is Duce Staley a big power back who can run effectively in short yardage and goalline situations, he's also a very talented receiver out of the backfield, and one of the best blocking backs in the NFL, two area's which Bettis was a little remiss in. Add in fast Willie for the "Thunder and Lightning" attack, and the backfield of the Steelers could be the most potent in the NFL next year. The addition of Santonio Holmes, with his elite speed and deep threat abilty, will also make people quickly forget the name "Randel El", and any gadget play that El ran, Hines Ward, ex-College QB, can also run. Finally, with the emergence of Ben as one of the elite QB's in the league, and a TE who finally seems to be integrated into the offense, and you are talking about not only a competent offense heading into the '06 season, but possibly an explosive one.

There, Bengals fan. Perhaps in the future, before invading enemy territory, you should bone up a bit on the "facts" about that team before launching into some kind of half-assed "wishful thinking" attack.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Hoping these guys pan out is hardly upgrading. Bringing in proven vets like Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson with the return of Madieu Williams is upgrading. We also have young players that have developed and will earn more playing time, who doesn't. If that's your argument, then Odell Thurman and Pollack will be better players than last year, so I guess there is another upgrade.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Hoping these guys pan out is hardly upgrading. Bringing in proven vets like Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson with the return of Madieu Williams is upgrading. We also have young players that have developed and will earn more playing time, who doesn't. If that's your argument, then Odell Thurman and Pollack will be better players than last year, so I guess there is another upgrade.dude, seriously, have you seen a picture of sam adams recently? http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7422
dude sucks more wind than hookers do ****.
and dexter jackson might as well be named larry brown. that one trick pony is gonna leave you heartbroken and begging for money back. and who the f--k outside of cinnci has ever heard of madison williams? he aint shit. you call your criminal 2nd year player upgrades? why the hell is marvin lewis wanting to switch to a 3-4 then?

im gonna school you once again. your offense is poorer than the colts, your defense cant even step to the colts. and after reaching for and wasting money on players like adams and jackson, and prematurely overpaying for players like carson and chad, your pathetic team is one year away from salary cap hell. and they cant even win a playoff game!

:busted:

Bengal Fan
05-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Okay, your statements have proven your idiocy. Thanks, I've been waiting. The Bengals are nowhere near salary cap hell, and never will be because of our penny pinching owner. Not to mention the salary cap went up like 15 million, the Bengals aren't even close. Chad & Carson's contracts are hardly premature, and are market value. If anything, Chad's was a little undervalued. Are you telling me the Bengals made a mistake by extending the NFL's leader in TDs & completion percentage. A guy who's stats are ahead of Manning's at the same point in their careers? A guy who in his 2nd year of starting was arguably the best QB in the NFL? Is that the guy we signed prematurely? You're an idiot.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Okay, your statements have proven your idiocy. Thanks, I've been waiting. The Bengals are nowhere near salary cap hell, and never will be because of our penny pinching owner. Not to mention the salary cap went up like 15 million, the Bengals aren't even close. Chad & Carson's contracts are hardly premature, and are market value. If anything, Chad's was a little undervalued. Are you telling me the Bengals made a mistake by extending the NFL's leader in TDs & completion percentage. A guy who's stats are ahead of Manning's at the same point in their careers? A guy who in his 2nd year of starting was arguably the best QB in the NFL? Is that the guy we signed prematurely? You're an idiot. i bet your team owner is gonna go out and buy barbaro to run in next years derby too. maybe its me, but id prefer a qb who can walk.

chad johnson undervalued? laughable. its obvious you dont understand free agency and its future implications on your team. no wonder youre so fond of the word "idiot". the bengals had to prematurely throw money at him to prevent him throwing an inevitable t.o. type of fit/holdout. damn are you naive.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:17 PM
bob bratkowski was on sirius radio today and he mentionned how their randle el wanna be draft pick was struggling learning how to run routes and adjusting to become a wr.

newsflash: you dont find talent like el, kordell, or hines on the 2nd day of the draft.

*FLOP*

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Hoping these guys pan out is hardly upgrading. Bringing in proven vets like Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson with the return of Madieu Williams is upgrading. We also have young players that have developed and will earn more playing time, who doesn't. If that's your argument, then Odell Thurman and Pollack will be better players than last year, so I guess there is another upgrade.

What a f ucking retard! I give concise prognostication to counter your derisive and ignorant homer drivel, and you have the audacity to retort with "blah blah blah"? And since when is overpaying washed up vets upgrading? Who are you, Al Davis?

It's idiots like you that make the annual Bengal beat-downs that much sweeter...

Motley Nate
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Okay, your statements have proven your idiocy. Thanks, I've been waiting. The Bengals are nowhere near salary cap hell, and never will be because of our penny pinching owner. Not to mention the salary cap went up like 15 million, the Bengals aren't even close. Chad & Carson's contracts are hardly premature, and are market value. If anything, Chad's was a little undervalued. Are you telling me the Bengals made a mistake by extending the NFL's leader in TDs & completion percentage. A guy who's stats are ahead of Manning's at the same point in their careers? A guy who in his 2nd year of starting was arguably the best QB in the NFL? Is that the guy we signed prematurely? You're an idiot.
Um.... I really hate to do this to you but it's just hard to read this without wanting to log off for fear of stupidity infecting my computer.

While I like the Carson and Chad signings, did you bother taking a look at who's a free agent at the end of the upcoming season? Half the damn offensive line, and 4 key players on the defense. That'll do wonders for cap space availability.

:dang:

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 09:19 PM
granted the bengals did attempt to address these potential departures in the draft THIS YEAR, it may be too little too late. (there was popular thought that the bengals ought to draft nick mangold). sure the steelers lost k. vincent and o. ross 2 years ago but both were back-ups. great teams know that they are built around the men in the trenches. thats why both c. okolbi and c. hoke are very well paid as back ups or potential successors. most of our back-up offensive lineman could be a starter on a team like the patriots or colts. keisel makes a player like "carson killer kimo" expendable. and the steelers still drafted a center and dl with much potential and room for grooming, just in case. steelers lineman have traditionally been some of the highest paid players on the team. (moreso than some position players). its all about priorities when it comes to managing the cap and building your team for future success. just look at all the money the colts have thrown at the offense while neglegting their defense in recent years

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
and the jury still stands. with lots of bengals convicts standing in front of it.

Tankus_Maximus
07-21-2006, 11:20 PM
The Steelers own the patent on losing free agents and more-than-adequately filling their holes. Randle El offered an "X" factor in the passing game alone, he was an average (at best) receiver, same with Plax. The Steelers nicely filled the holes they lost this season as they got younger and faster on both sides of the ball. The Bengals on the other hand are coming off their most successful season in over a decade. You've got a head coach who has a habit of taking questionable "character" drafts, while on the other hand you've got the Dean of Coaching Tenure coming off a Super Bowl Victory.

ADVANTAGE: WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Did I say you haven't upgraded at all in the last 15 years? Even you wouldn't say that each and every year, you've gotten better, would you. It's my opinion, and others as well, that your team didn't get better this offseason. The Bengals did.

:rofl: what ever happened to old Bengal Dork? his quote about o. thurman being yet another bengal upgrade for the upcoming season was another classic moment in bengalfan wisdom.

steelerfans footbal knowledge > bengalfans football knowledge

Tankus_Maximus
07-21-2006, 11:44 PM
what about that guy who had the balls to mention Dexter Jackson as an upgrade in the secondary? That guy's biggest game was the Super Bowl against the Raiders...he hasn't been heard from since.

BengalBrian
07-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Who is cinncinatti

Never heard of it

CantStop85
07-22-2006, 12:40 PM
what about that guy who had the balls to mention Dexter Jackson as an upgrade in the secondary? That guy's biggest game was the Super Bowl against the Raiders...he hasn't been heard from since.
Trust me, compared to Ifeanyi "OhISuckAlot" from last year he might as well be God.

Tankus_Maximus
07-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I guess you'd call my grandmother-in-her-walker an upgrade in your secondary too.

MattsMe
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Disclaimer: Those of you who value subjective "analysis" such as you find with ESPN, SI, etc., don't bother clicking on the link.

But for the rest of us:

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=810&Category=11

And here is why this form of analysis is superior:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=797

CantStop85
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Disclaimer: Those of you who value subjective "analysis" such as you find with ESPN, SI, etc., don't bother clicking on the link.

But for the rest of us:

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=810&Category=11

And here is why this form of analysis is superior:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=797
Good find...I've always liked Cold Hard Football Facts...their articles are very methodical and well thought out.

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bengals are taking a step back this year.

MattsMe
07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Good find...I've always liked Cold Hard Football Facts...their articles are very methodical and well thought out.

Yep. And relative to Pittsburgh, Tony was right. The Bungle's draft sucked. But at least they did better than the old and new Browns.

Also nice to see those geniuses in New England got a D-.

Tankus_Maximus
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Everything about the Bengals suck. Everything.

tony hipchest
04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Round: CB Jonathan Joseph...very athletic, not a ton of experience, basically a hit or miss, but I like it...Tory James isn't getting any younger/faster
2nd Round: LT Andrew Whitworth...a bit of a reach, but with with Willie Anderson likely leaving after this season I can understand this pick
3rd Round: DE Frostee Rucker...what the hell? This was the biggest reach ever, odds are he'll be converted to LB to play in the 3-4 defense, but I don't like the pick...too many other good players out there
4th Round: DT Domata Peko...there were more high-profile DT's at this point, but the kid made a lot of good plays in college and it seems like he has a lot of upside
5th Round: LB AJ Nicholson...I love this pick, a steal in my eyes, dropped due to a few character issues, but could turn out to be a very good LB
6th Round: WR/QB Reggie McNeal...In the words of Marvin Lewis, "He will be our Randle El," he has a lot of potential and if he can turn out to be anything like Randle El, I would be happy...could also make a good backup QB in the future
7th Round: DB Ethan Kilmer...Yeah...this guy is strictly a special teamer, that's all he was at Penn State and that's all he'll be in the pros
7th Round: WR Bennie Brazell...Although I like the fact that he's a former olympian and hence very fast...what the hell are we doing taking another WR?

"a steal" is correct! :thumbsup:

lets review: 8 picks = 4 criminals (and the jury is still out on the other 4)

good luck drafting for character instead of talent. i cant wait to see how marvin f*&ks this up :bouncy:

polamalufan43
04-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Yep. And relative to Pittsburgh, Tony was right. The Bungle's draft sucked. But at least they did better than the old and new Browns.

Also nice to see those geniuses in New England got a D-.

Yeah, once they start sucking more than the Browns you know they have issues.

~polamalufan43:tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
04-11-2007, 06:49 AM
What state pen will they be drafting from this year.....I could just see them handing a ball cap to some dude in chains and cuffs in a orange jump suit