PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Steelers

clevestinks
04-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Looking ahead I am very optimistic. We lost El, and upgraded in the draft with Santonio Holmes who actually gives us the deep threat that we all wanted so bad last season. This may take alot of heat off of Hines Ward.
We lost Chris Hope, but probaly at very least stayed equal if not upgraded, in free agency and draft, anothe plus for us.
Kimo is gone but Keisel should work out just fine, he is alot younger, and in a 3-4 we really don`t expect alot out of our two DE.
Bettis, will be missed off the field more than on I hope. His replacment, cross your fingers is Staley if he stays healthy we will not miss a beat.And Ben is ready to take over as one of the team leaders, and captain
Most importantly to me, we finally had a great season and did not lose a coordinator, this is huge.

These are the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2006 that we love! I am pumped can`t wait for training camp. Lets get it on.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Staley is the lone question mark here, and only becuz of his health. Holmes will be and equal and upgrade to ARE once he gets acclimated to our system. Keisel is a monster and has pro bowl potential written all over him. Ryan Clark is a smart hart hitting safety that can pick up the signals really well so there shouldnt be much if any drop off there once he learns our defense.

We addressed depth on the OL, WR, DE/LB, QB, so yeah I wish we'd have landed a decent RB for depth but other than that, bring on 2006!!

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
holmes has got to be a HUGE upgrade over el. w. ried will adequately replace him in the return game. jerome will never be replaced. with players like hines, ben, porter and faneca, we have a leg up on replacing his leadership in the locker. not only has jerome been teaching willie how to run, he has been teaching ben how to LEAD. ben coming through on his promise to get jerome to detroit is all the proof any steeler needs that ben is their leader.

i think the one who will be missed most is suprisingly c. hope. his skill level on the field may be replaced but like jerome, he was one of the favorites in the locker room. troy and ike both speak highly of him and how he was the glue of the defense and instrumental in their development and he has been called the funniest one in the locker room. not that this is a huge deal but i must give hope credit for his chemistry factor.

over all i saw the steelers get stronger and show dedication to their starters. noones replacement was drafted. not w. parkers, haggans, footes, or porters, keisels or okolbis, or i. taylors and t. polamalu's.

being as smart as pittsburghs f.o. is, dont discount the fact that they are figuring a way to keep all the aformentionned players.

plus their special teams has gotten stronger.

other than holmes this draft may not turn out any superstars but it will definitely keep us right on track. great drafting in the past has made this one not as significant as it is to other teams.

melroseplace
04-30-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't wait to see the new rhythm get going and see how the new guys fit in...sounds like we've got a great group on our hands

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 05:52 PM
This looks like to be the year The NFL has their first ever 6 Super Bowl Winner. The only thing as BRC pointed out is if Duce will be healthy. Other than that this looks like a team who will get no. 6 this year.

siss
04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Training camp is 3 months away! I can't wait!

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree that we could have another SB championship team, if Duce can stay healthy. Oh god, I'm worried about our running game. Yikes!

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I like that we picked up Humes. I feel better now that we added someone.

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Yep, I definitely agree that we needed to add someone. I'm just hoping he develops well. :smile:

Tim
04-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, you've got ESPN folks thinking that Jamal Lewis is going to have some sort of miraculous come-back year, so maybe Duce can too. He's definately a damn good player when he's healthy.

nwksteeler
04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Let's get it started we are ready and we are deep. Who want it!