PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Steeler fans

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey Pittsburgh fans want to apologize if our fans are being too hateful on our forums and bashing your qb or coming here and talking smack. I respect the heak out of your team and cant hold any hate. I hope you guys dont hold any for us either. I think Ben is turning his life around and everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect. Win or lose this will be a good game. I honestly dont know how any of our fans can act like jerks toward a team with as good of a history as us.

El Nino
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
bro no need to apologize about what people are saying on YOUR forums, that's your guys house. but thanks :)

pete74
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
appreciate it but its all cool. its the super bowl and its expected. plus they cant come close to the ignorant baltimore and jet fans we had here the last 2 weeks

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey Pittsburgh fans want to apologize if our fans are being too hateful on our forums and bashing your qb or coming here and talking smack. I respect the heak out of your team and cant hold any hate. I hope you guys dont hold any for us either. I think Ben is turning his life around and everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect. Win or lose this will be a good game. I honestly dont know how any of our fans can act like jerks toward a team with as good of a history as us.

I don't either man. I had to stop reading the Packer forums, it just seems like every other post has something about rape in it. So instead of getting all :mad:, I'll stick around my fellow Steeler Brothers and Sisters.

El Nino
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
appreciate it but its all cool. its the super bowl and its expected. plus they cant come close to the ignorant baltimore and jet fans we had here the last 2 weeks

jets fans, well some of em were ok. nothing but hate for baltimore and anyone associated with them, though.

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Chicago fans are low class. I almost got into it with a Bear fan at work only because I have been taking his crap all year long and he is just trashing the Packers all the time. I haven't seen him yet, not sure if I will rub it in or take the high road.

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Chicago fans are low class. I almost got into it with a Bear fan at work only because I have been taking his crap all year long and he is just trashing the Packers all the time. I haven't seen him yet, not sure if I will rub it in or take the high road.

Just look at him and smile, that will sting more than anything you say. Cause he will know that you know that he knows his team is sitting at home crying about Cutler. :chuckle:

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I did that already with another Bears fan. I was standing maybe 20 feet from him and I just stopped had a huge grin on my face. He looked up and seen me. I think he knew what I was getting at but didnt say anything.

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I did that already with another Bears fan. I was standing maybe 20 feet from him and I just stopped had a huge grin on my face. He looked up and seen me. I think he knew what I was getting at but didnt say anything.

yeah you can see it in their eyes. Awesome stuff. Cerebral Assassin shit, lol .

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 03:00 PM
I wont say anything to you guys though if we win. If you guys win too take it easy on us lol.

El Nino
01-27-2011, 03:03 PM
I wont say anything to you guys though if we win. If you guys win too take it easy on us lol.

I don't think you'll have a problem with that. most on here have a ton of respect for green bay's organization. I even caught myself saying (before the AFC championship) "The only team I wouldn't be pissed if we lost to would be green bay". Well I hope that doesn't happen but that's just saying how much I respect that team and its history.

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
To be honest I cant believe the love the Steelers have for us. I know that wont happen the next two weeks lol. I didnt think you guys liked us for whatever reason maybe cause we had a rich history and tradition like you guys. I came here for the first time I was stunned to see all the love the Steeler fans have for us. Thats why I hope we dont talk crap to you guys and act like jerks. I went over to the Eagles board after we beat them and wished them well and told them to keep their heads up and I got one response from them telling me to die in a fire. I mean wow talk about low class.

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
To be honest I cant believe the love the Steelers have for us. I know that wont happen the next two weeks lol. I didnt think you guys liked us for whatever reason maybe cause we had a rich history and tradition like you guys. I came here for the first time I was stunned to see all the love the Steeler fans have for us. Thats why I hope we dont talk crap to you guys and act like jerks. I went over to the Eagles board after we beat them and wished them well and told them to keep their heads up and I got one response from them telling me to die in a fire. I mean wow talk about low class.

lol thats nice for them. lmao

SteelHaven
01-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Beagles fans. Can't live with them...can't live with them.

vasteeler
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
i like the packers i was really hoping for a team i dislike to be in the sb so i could build up some hate in the next two weeks. i just cant with the packers

zulater
01-27-2011, 03:31 PM

Don't worry about it. I like the Packers and most of their fans. If the Steelers hadn't come out of the AFC I most likely would have supported the Pack in the SB.

SteelCityMom
01-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words, but really...you don't need to apologize for others, especially on their own forums. Like others have said, it's kind of expected, and I know there's been some smack talk here as well. It's the Superbowl, people are just pumped up lol.

As for Eagles fans? In general Philly fans are horrid (to put it nicely). I deal more with Flyers fans on a couple hockey forums...but they are equally nasty. They pride themselves on it. It's very sad.

Seriously though, you guys have been great. It's definitely a breath of fresh air after dealing with Ravens and Jets fans. :drink:

Atlanta Dan
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Thansk for the apologies but no need to:drink:

Some fans/posters on the internet are like some drivers in traffic - they do and say things they would never say or do face to face

StainlessStill
01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't either man. I had to stop reading the Packer forums, it just seems like every other post has something about rape in it. So instead of getting all :mad:, I'll stick around my fellow Steeler Brothers and Sisters.

Same here. Was shocked to see the kind of hate going on from Pack fans since I have nothing but respect for them as a team, organization, and fanbase. The Ben ordeal is already tiring, the dude clearly didn't do what he was accused of but if it makes people who are scared to DEATH of our football team more comfy in trash talk, so be it.

vasteeler
01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words, but really...you don't need to apologize for others, especially on their own forums. Like others have said, it's kind of expected, and I know there's been some smack talk here as well. It's the Superbowl, people are just pumped up lol.

As for Eagles fans? In general Philly fans are horrid (to put it nicely). I deal more with Flyers fans on a couple hockey forums...but they are equally nasty. They pride themselves on it. It's very sad.

Seriously though, you guys have been great. It's definitely a breath of fresh air after dealing with Ravens and Jets fans. :drink:

dear mom,
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
love,
flyers fan...:chuckle:

SteelCityMom
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
dear mom,
love,

:chuckle:

:kick:

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
dear mom,
love,

:popcorn:

TRH
01-27-2011, 03:48 PM
we both have our few share of ***hole fans, but for the most part.....Packers and Steelers fans are the best fans, knowledgeable, and are pretty classy for the most part.
Believe me, there's a few of us who've wanted to 'apologize' for a thing or two thats been said on here, but for the most part, it's been the coolest, "friendliest" trash-talking so far this year.

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2011, 03:48 PM

I HATE the Packers because it is who we are playing Next!

I hate everyone equally, when we play them. So its not personal...you're just on the field across from us and our Goal...So I HATE the Packers!

Like really hate them to the point of learning everything I possibly can about them for the next 2 weeks so I have the best ammunition to use against them for smack talk during the game...

43Hitman
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I HATE the Packers because it is who we are playing Next!

I hate everyone equally, when we play them. So its not personal...you're just on the field across from us and our Goal...So I HATE the Packers!

Like really hate them to the point of learning everything I possibly can about them for the next 2 weeks so I have the best ammunition to use against them for smack talk during the game...

:rofl:Meet Dino, our resident enforcer :wantsome::bringit::rocket::dualies::ak47::m16: :tombstone

stb_steeler
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM

No body is worse than Philly...i dont care who u are!

StainlessStill
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM
It just irritates the absolute SHIT out of me that others fanbase's and their big mouthes don't want to do re-search on things and makes themselves look like assholes. They listen WAY too much of the "talking heads" around the league rather than forming fact, like we are "cheap shot artists" and we play "dirty." That can't be any farther from the truth! The Steelers play one way, PHYSICAL, and if you don't like it, get ready to get embarrassed because it's the only way we know how to play. We challenge people to step onto our level.

As for last year, that's dog years! If anything, Green Bay is much more LESS equipped and the Steelers are stronger. That was a defensive let-down game, that will NOT happen in this one, especially from us.

4xSBChamps
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I went over to the Eagles board after we beat them and wished them well and told them to keep their heads up and I got one response from them telling me to die in a fire. I mean wow talk about low class.

Typical Philthadelphia... 3 years ago, a friend sent me a link to a Phlyer site, and a Moderator... not a registered member, but a MODERATOR, posted that he 'hoped Cindy Crosby falls face-first into a bucket of AIDS-infected razor-blades'

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Phlyerphans-loserssince1975.jpg

Personally, I never understood the concept of going to the opposing team's message boards, even to lurk

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Steeler fans are super nice people thats why I hope we arent jerks to you guys on your forums or our forums. You represent Pennsylvania in a good way not like those Eagle fans to the east side of the state. There really must be something in the water in Philly that caused a bunch of brain damage to those people. I mean they are just a$$holes over there.

austinfrench76
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
No worries from California but we ARE going to kick the living S#@$ out of your team. So let me extend an apology to you.

SH-Rock
01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Other than the Steelers, I love the Packers organization. That deep history is amazing and this is the Super Bowl for the Ages!

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 11:35 PM
This is a once and a lifetime deal to be in the super bowl. We may never be back here again so we need to enjoy this 2 weeks and glad we can enjoy it with the Steelers. Things will get mean once we start playing. I want that lombardi bad as much as you guys do.

CargoJon
01-27-2011, 11:52 PM

I got banned from an Eagles board because they were making nasty Katrina jokes and I asked them how they'd like it if somebody made a joke about (at the time recently deceased) Jim Johnson.

Took em about 5 minutes to ban me.

CargoJon
01-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd like to add though I highly respect the Pack as an organization, especially how they handled the Favre mess. They ended up looking like gold on it, and Favre ended his career looking like a complete buffoon.

Wallace108
01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
This is a once and a lifetime deal to be in the super bowl. We may never be back here again so we need to enjoy this 2 weeks

Dude, you're a Packers fan, not a Browns fan ... of course your team will be back in the Super Bowl. So don't be too disappointed when you lose to the Steelers. :chuckle:

Seriously though, I've got nothing but respect for the Packers and their fans. Welcome to the board. :drink:

GBpack2010
01-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Dude, you're a Packers fan, not a Browns fan ... of course your team will be back in the Super Bowl. So don't be too disappointed when you lose to the Steelers. :chuckle:

Seriously though, I've got nothing but respect for the Packers and their fans. Welcome to the board. :drink:

This will be a tough game to win. I think we can win, I have faith but you guys are really good in big games. We need to beat you just once. Maybe we will play next year as well in the super bowl you never know.

SteelSurf
01-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Honestly, I can think of no two NFL Franchise and fans who more closely resemble each other than the Packers and Steelers. I have traveled all over our great land and met quite a few Packer fans and always found them to be well versed in Tackle Football, Loyal to their team and for good reasons....Knowledgeable of their teams rich history and mark on the World of Football.

I live in Florida and see a few here now and again.I'll be out and about and have a jovial Pack Fan come up to me when I'm wearing one of our Away White jerseys and say,"Replace the Black stripes with Green and that would be a Packers Jersey!" For well over a decade I watched all my Steeler games at Sportsbars. Never met a Packer fan that I couldn't share a few beers with while talking about Football. Much like Steeler fans, the Packers fans I have met made their love of their team a family affair. You guys become fans as many of us do.It is weaned into you as a child.

I think for many fans of our teams, the fact that there is no long or short running animosity between our two teams frustrates many. For the life of me, I can't think of anything bad about you guys. It frustrates me because I can find bad amongst anything. I'm a retired Detective. I got paid for over 20 years to be professionally callous. What am I going to do? Make fun of Cheese? I love cheese.

Think think think....Oh.Wait. I got it.. That Championship Belt celebration is kind of silly.

That's all I got.
Good Luck to the Packers, come Super Bowl Sunday, you'll no doubt need it. You are playing the 6 Time SB Champs Steelers.

toughsticks87
01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
I wish I could hate the Packers. But, I just can't. They're a respectable organization with a lot of great talent. I like their fans (the Pack fans are actually not uncommon in Boston) and they're a delight to talk to about football.

Packerstud
01-28-2011, 01:54 AM
My hats off to you all. You've made my brief stay enjoyable with knowledgeable football talk mixed with good natured banter. I give my props to a Class Act here at Steelers Fever

caplovestroyp43
01-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Honestly, I can think of no two NFL Franchise and fans who more closely resemble each other than the Packers and Steelers. I have traveled all over our great land and met quite a few Packer fans and always found them to be well versed in Tackle Football, Loyal to their team and for good reasons....Knowledgeable of their teams rich history and mark on the World of Football.

I live in Florida and see a few here now and again.I'll be out and about and have a jovial Pack Fan come up to me when I'm wearing one of our Away White jerseys and say,"Replace the Black stripes with Green and that would be a Packers Jersey!" For well over a decade I watched all my Steeler games at Sportsbars. Never met a Packer fan that I couldn't share a few beers with while talking about Football. Much like Steeler fans, the Packers fans I have met made their love of their team a family affair. You guys become fans as many of us do.It is weaned into you as a child.

I think for many fans of our teams, the fact that there is no long or short running animosity between our two teams frustrates many. For the life of me, I can't think of anything bad about you guys. It frustrates me because I can find bad amongst anything. I'm a retired Detective. I got paid for over 20 years to be professionally callous. What am I going to do? Make fun of Cheese? I love cheese.

Think think think....Oh.Wait. I got it.. That Championship Belt celebration is kind of silly.

That's all I got.
Good Luck to the Packers, come Super Bowl Sunday, you'll no doubt need it. You are playing the 6 Time SB Champs Steelers.

Although I have never dined with or had a beer with a Packer fan, I think what you say is true. Very similar to us with the rich tradition and lifelong fans. I mean REAL fans, not these bandwagon types!

Good luck. I just KNOW the Steelers are going to win #7. They are going to do it for my late, great Steeler Nation friend. I told her when we won last Sunday, with tears all over the place, that they won just for her. Now they'll take home the trophy for her for the same reason! And I KNOW looking down, she's going to be rooting her head off.

:tt02:

StainlessStill
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM

I've called for about, three Steelers/Packers Super Bowl matchups over the years. I wanted it in 1997, I wanted it in 1998 and I certainly wanted it this year and we finally got it.

Point blank, I've ALWAYS said that if the Steelers were to lose the Super Bowl, I'd be devastated but the pain would be VERY much taken away only if we would lose to the Pack because they are THEE only team in the league I respect.

In my honest opinion, this is a win win. If we win, I'd ball my eyes out and celebrate beyond celebration, if the Pack win, I'd seriously feel good for their organization and wouldn't have ill feelings.

SoCalFan
01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Man stainless,that sounds wrong!Sorry but losing should feel the same no matter what!

plenewken
01-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Man stainless,that sounds wrong!Sorry but losing should feel the same no matter what!

:applaudit:

Absolutely! I take an ugly win any day over an honorable loss.

StainlessStill
01-28-2011, 11:24 AM

Trust me man, I'll admit, I cried in my time when the Steelers have lost, esp big games. That said, I'll probably cry either way, I'm man enough to admit it but the pain would not be as bad if we lose to the Pack than to say, Dallas! Trust me, I'll be devastated and will go into some intense hibernation if we lose. That's just natural but I can live, I think, with a GB win, atleast for the short-term.

Honestly, I might be fooling myself! Haha....

Curdoisseur
01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd rather the Packers lose to the Steelers than the Patriots, but those two possibilities both kinda taste like a stale beer used as an ashtray compared to the smooth velvety goodness of a Packers win!!

GBpack2010
01-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd rather the Packers lose to the Steelers than the Patriots, but those two possibilities both kinda taste like a stale beer used as an ashtray compared to the smooth velvety goodness of a Packers win!!

Agreed losing to the Pats or the Jets would be horrible but in the worst way I want us to win this thing. It would be awesome to be champs. Havent felt that feeling in 14 years.

tony hipchest
01-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Agreed losing to the Pats or the Jets would be horrible but in the worst way I want us to win this thing. It would be awesome to be champs. Havent felt that feeling in 14 years.

yeah, it seems like forever for us as well. :wink02:

we gotta avenge sitting by idly and watching one of the worst franchises of all time (saints) steal one of our lombardis.

LVSteelersfan
01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
One of my good friends is a huge Packer fan. I am going to his house for a Super Bowl party so I will be in the Lion's den. But I also cannot hate the Packers. The worst Super Bowl ever was the Giants against the Patriots as far as hating both teams. Can't stand anything New York and the Patriots are just .......... So this game is great because I like both teams. Of course there is no other team but the Steelers but if they lost this one it wouldn't kill me. The Steelers just knocked off two straight whiny, classless organizations. That was enough of that to make me want to puke.

Kanata-Steeler
01-29-2011, 12:44 PM
One of my good friends is a huge Packer fan. I am going to his house for a Super Bowl party so I will be in the Lion's den. But I also cannot hate the Packers. The worst Super Bowl ever was the Giants against the Patriots as far as hating both teams. Can't stand anything New York and the Patriots are just .......... So this game is great because I like both teams. Of course there is no other team but the Steelers but if they lost this one it wouldn't kill me. The Steelers just knocked off two straight whiny, classless organizations. That was enough of that to make me want to puke.

Actually. I loved that the Giants knocked the Pats OUT of their little SuperBowl Dynasty !!! -and shut their noisy fans up.
That SB was joyous to me.
As far as the Pack, well they go back as far as us, I respect them, but WE will WIN 20-17 (same as SuperBowl XXX)
:)

Kanata-Steeler
01-29-2011, 01:13 PM
This looks like a great thread "subject" for AFTER this SuperBowl doesn't it ?

LVSteelersfan
01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Don't get me wrong. I loved it too. But I find it hard to root for any team from the overhyped NFC East UNLESS they are playing the Jets, Patsies or Ratbirds. I hated both teams but the Patsies on a whole nother level.

Actually. I loved that the Giants knocked the Pats OUT of their little SuperBowl Dynasty !!! -and shut their noisy fans up.
That SB was joyous to me.
As far as the Pack, well they go back as far as us, I respect them, but WE will WIN 20-17 (same as SuperBowl XXX)

GBpack2010
01-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Im glad the game is played in a warm climate like Dallas. Cold weather honestly hurts our offense more nowadays then it did before. Im not sure what to expect from this one. I keep telling everyone it will be a 27-24 game either way.

SoCalFan
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Man,I just visited packerforum and those guys seem to HATE us.Not sure why all the anger???

GBpack2010
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Man,I just visited packerforum and those guys seem to HATE us.Not sure why all the anger???

Dont take it personal man and hate us for it. I dont understand it either. You guys have been super classy to us. I just hope we can give it right back to you guys and be classy back. There is nothing about the Steelers to hate. You won it all 6 times but your grind it out offense and historic great defenses are awesome to look back on. God bless you guys and dont read some of our fans posts cause majority of our fans like you guys and are classy.

El Nino
01-29-2011, 03:11 PM

i can't fault em for that, that's how i usually am toward any team playing against us. from pop warner to high school, i got fired up for the games by building a hate toward whatever team we're playing.

with that said though i have respect for gb's organization and am finding it tough to hate them

Aussie Steeler
01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Woah. Just jumped onto packerforum. So many baddies :'<