PDA

View Full Version : Carnegie Museum of Art makes artistic bet with Milwaukee museum

mesaSteeler
01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Carnegie Museum of Art makes artistic bet with Milwaukee museum
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_720122.html
By Rege Behe
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Super Bowl always engenders wagers between officials of the competing cities.

This year, the arts community is getting involved.

The Carnegie Museum of Art in Oakland and the Milwaukee Museum of Art are betting their collections on the outcome of the game.

If -- OK, when -- the Steelers win, the Carnegie will be gifted with a temporary loan of "Boating on the Yerres" by Gustav Caillebotte from the Milwaukee Museum. If the Packers improbably pull off an upset, the Carnegie will send Pierre-Auguste Renoir's "Bathers with Crab" westward.

Daniel Keegan, the director of the Milwaukee Museum of Art, is already preparing a space for the Renoir.

"I'm confident we will be enjoying the Renoir from the Carnegie Museum of Art very soon," Keegan said. "I look forward to displaying it where the public can enjoy it and be reminded of the superiority of the Green Bay Packers.

The reply from the Carnegie? Not so fast, you artistic Cheeseheads.

"In Pittsburgh, we believe trash talk is bad form," said Lynn Zelevansky, the Henry J. Heinz II director of the Carnegie Museum of Art. "We let the excellence of our football team -- and our collection -- speak for itself. :applaudit::applaudit:It will be my great pleasure to see the Caillebotte from the Milwaukee Museum of Art hang in our galleries."

Rege Behe can be reached at rbehe@tribweb.com or 412-320-7990.

Read more: Carnegie Museum of Art makes artistic bet with Milwaukee museum - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_720122.html#ixzz1CHUTZ7oQ

steelers33
01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah living in Milwaukee and I have been to that Musuem a couple of times, would be great to see them give away their art!