PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Set Up

SteelKnight
01-28-2011, 12:18 AM
The set up where it is before the SB with all the replacements makes a mockery of the system.

As I was seeing some of the All Pros, my mouth started watering at the secondary for the AFC.

It would be good if they ran a 3-4/

CB Nmandi CB Revis S Polamalu S Reed Wow oh wow.

Then OLB Harrison, OLB Suggs

NT Ngata

Pretty amazing. I guess Add in Ray Lewis. I'm not sure who the DEs would be but that is an amazing team right there.

I guess they will have most except Troy and Harrison but those are 2 huge forces to deal with.

SteelKnight
01-28-2011, 12:23 AM
BTW. I think the coaching rule has been changed too. I thought it always used to be the loser of the Championship games. Now they changed it to the highest seed to lose in the divisional round of the playoffs. So now Belichick is coach.

ETA: Yeah...just verified.

Cassell screws the AFC. Before if they needed a last second drive it would have been Rivers...now it is Cassell...not good.

SteelKnight
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Damn...now that the probowl was the most watched in the last 14 years, they are likely to keep it the same.

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 11:35 PM
FG1NrQYXjLU

lionslicer
02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
The pro bowl last year had high ratings also, so I doubt they'll change it. I wish they had as many pre-pro bowl shows. Like they would have some of the players from AFC and NFC play each other in other sports and the quarterback challenge, defensive and offensive linemen challenge etc. I don't remember having seeing any of that in like 3 or 4 years.

steelerdave1969
02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Well the thing about the change in the coaching got by me as well,
I didnt know that they had changed the rules on that one.
I like the Pro Bowl being after the Super Bowl myself. I think it means
alot to alot of these players that should have gotten
to go for the first time that didnt get to get
to being that they were in the
Super Bowl.
:tt02:

SteelersinCA
02-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Brett Favre?

SteelKnight
02-02-2011, 04:29 PM
The pro bowl last year had high ratings also, so I doubt they'll change it. I wish they had as many pre-pro bowl shows. Like they would have some of the players from AFC and NFC play each other in other sports and the quarterback challenge, defensive and offensive linemen challenge etc. I don't remember having seeing any of that in like 3 or 4 years.

Yeah. After the SB would be better with those challenges...The QB Challenge, NFL fastest man etc.

I think having the best there is better. The AFC was missing Reed and Polamalu...gimmie a break. No Harrison Those are 3 gameplayers on defense right there.

The integrity of the Probowl goes down when they keep changing the players. During the playoffs they were adding players due to injury then after the Superbowl is announced they are adding even more players due to players from the Superbowl not being able to play. It really takes away from the prestige. Miles Austin joined 2 days before the game. I don't like the best of the rest feel.

The old system had nearly a month from the end of the season so players with minor injuries could recover. It was only those with major injuries requiring surgeries that pulled out so there were not as many subs. Now, the players don't even respect it. You can tell some are pulling out because they are just tired...or have a very minor injury.

Brady played the whole season with his injury and had he made the SB he would have continued to play. He could have delayed his surgery by one week to play in the Probowl for the fans. he obviously has no respect for the Probowl.