PDA

View Full Version : how i may have been responsible for bens bike accident

caseyviator
01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
it was the summer before ben got in his motorcycle accident in toledo ohio.
me and three buddies of mine were out riding our suzuki gsxr 1000 superbikes out by the jamie farr golf classic in sylvania ohio

we stopped at a sunoco station and out of the stattion comes these 3 huge guys all in the whole harley getup with big brand new lookin loud loud bikes. we were all getti gas ....its trully amazing to see these guys around normal sized people,, in other words everybody there is staring at these guys. i recognize ben immediately. it was kinda funny i did not go up to him he came up to me and starts askin me about my bike..i remember he said he had never really road a big crotchrocket before. so i say go ahead and sit on it, he does and he made that big bike look sooo small...i told him if he does like suzuki and wants to go as fast as the gsxr 1000 he needs to get a suzuki hyabusa 1300cc rocketbike. i tell him it a bout 150lbs heavier than my bike and would probably fit him great!!!!!! so then i ask him whats he doin in toledo area he said he was watchin his girlfriend play in the pro am at the jamie farr golf tornament and it had been a bunch of awesume weather days for the whole toury.

anyways i got him to sign about the only thing i had which was my bikes registration so that was so cool. he told me he would look into a hyabusa. i told him thank you and he was supercool to us..i could see the gleem in his eyes about my bike. i told him he could ride it but he said he was alittle worried he mite crash and laughed!!

so the rest as they say is history..i gota admit rite when it happen to him i thought about that day alot and actually i felt bad about gettin him excited about the bike.

i though all in all this was a cool steelers story since he did come back none the worse for ware in the long run anyways..i hope i did not cost us the superbowl that year ahahhahahah

plenewken
01-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Cool story.

You should have told him to get his MC license, before thinking of a Busa. LOL

I saw Ben several times at Red Fin Blues (formerly Trolls) in Washington Landing when he used to live there.
Back then, he had a HOG but also a Big Dog. Never saw him with a crotch rocket.

Stairway2-7
01-28-2011, 10:30 AM
lol crazy story bro...

(whispers) someone find where the OP lives!!!

haha jk bro:chuckle:

caseyviator
01-28-2011, 12:24 PM
that is kinda funny that hes been ridin so long eithout a motorcycle license hahhah ur rite i should have got him to get a license and told him its cool to wear a helmet especially on a rocket bike u never rode before

CargoJon
01-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Were you wearing a T-shirt that said "DTF" ? If so, we might actually send somebody after you....

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

kirklandrules
01-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Were you wearing a T-shirt that said "DTF" ? If so, we might actually send somebody after you....

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Actually, he did have a T-shirt that said "DTF" and the entire conversation happend in the restroom. :wink02:

jk, that is a cool story and nice to hear events that reinforce the idea our stud QB has a history of being decent to the average fan.