PDA

View Full Version : Why do we hate the clowns

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Damn, there are so many reasons to hate the Clowns... What's yours ?

Comon BKA, tell us why we shouldnt hate your team.

ironcitychef
05-04-2005, 01:54 AM
I thought about many reasons, but the one that really got me going, after watching the Amazing race tonight(go Rob and Amber!)is in the same line. In the AR, the other teams are always focused on Rob and Amber. Same with the Browns. You have never created an identity on your own. Raiders have speed. Dallas has style. We have run game and defense. NE has value for the player/team approach. You are just treading water my friend. You are silently telling your team every year its okay to finish 2nd in the North. We can't match up to Pittsburgh so lets try for the wild card. I love seeing new coaches come in and clean house. Thats my approach. I'm here to make this a winner, now if you just gave your coach a chance, like ours has had. You could still have Bill B.(minus 3 Super Bowl wins) You'd be surprised at the results winners have. I love that Baltimore came in and took the crown from a us a couple years ago, but I think all you guys have had was a tie with us recently. The biggest reason...you don't have the heart of a champion.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
ok first of all, just their name, wtf does brown have to do with anything

ironcitychef
05-05-2005, 12:29 AM
LOL! from in depth to just plain simple. Man I love the balance of Steeler fans on this site!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I was raised to hate the orange and brown.My grandpa raised me to hate them.However,I hate those purple faggot Ratbirds more than the Clowns.

It's in my blood to hate the Clown,Ratbirds,and Bungles.

I remember growing up,before that fucking owner moved the Clowns,the intense hatred Browns and Steelers fans had for each other.My mom,dad,and brother are Browns fans...and the weeked they played,I didn't talk to any of them.

Hell,if the Browns won I got shit all week,but if the Steelers won and I sayed anything I got grounded for a week.Fucking bullshit,Browns fans can dish it out,but they sure can't take it.

clevestinks
05-05-2005, 03:03 PM
For starters Brown and Orange are the ugliest color scheme in any sport. The stains don`t even have a logo. Now they use a dog. They haven`t had any success in 20+ years. They have been through about eight coaaches during our two. Thier fans suck, I know I live around them, work with them and battle them daily. They are the biggest bunch of fairweather fans you`ll ever want to meet. And I`m not just saying this they really really suck. I could go on but I`m gonna go throw up.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-05-2005, 04:18 PM
They couldn't even GIVE AWAY "Dawg Pound" section tickets last year!One of the Cleveland news stations put up two "Dawg Pound" tickets on a Downtown lightpost,announced that they were there,announced the section,and not even a scalper picked them up because he knew he'd make no money off of them.

THAT IS FAIRWEATHER...THAT IS BROWNS FANS.

clevestinks
05-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Websters Dictionary. word Fairweater fan, there is a picture of browns stadium with a bunh of beer bottle throwing fans, and Sam Wyche screaming " Your not in Cleveland" " Oh yah, your are in Cleveland, carry on"

Prosdo
05-06-2005, 02:11 AM
I have to agree with Chef. When you think of certain football teams something comes to mind right away having to do with their style. When you ask me about the Browns, I'm sorry they really don't have a certain playing style such as running or value players thats stands out or jumps out at you.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Ye s I agree also with Chef. Nobody ever says " The browns have that patented great defense again" or "Browns always have a killer ground game" I think this kind of goes hand in hand with what I was trying to say about there coaches. Every three or four years they change coaches and philosphys. Its like a diet pill, everyone is looking for a miracle pill, when all you need to due is keeping working with what you have. They have had some great coaches, for other teams anyway, Marty, Belichek. all ran out of town. I mean this is actually what I like about the browns, be cause the continue to suck. It has been so long that they are starting to become a laughing stock. They have never even played in the superbowl, EVER. AFCN, Steelers played in five, begals have been there, Raven have a ring. Even the old oilers, aka Titans, from the old AFC central have been there. Expansion teams from the past have even been there and won, Tampa Bay, Carolina has been there. There is NO reason what so ever that this team shouldn`t be considered one of the worst year after year.
BOTTOM FEEDERS. Like a sled dog, when your the last one in the pack, the view never changes.

Prosdo
05-06-2005, 04:43 PM
They also need to realize changing coaches every few years is not going to solve the problem. Changing coaches I think backpedals. You need someone in there who gets to know the team well and can gradually work on it. I mean jeez you can't pray oh the next coach will be the trick every few years.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
I agree and I hope they never figure that out, so they will continue to suck forever!

geran42o
05-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I agree and I hope they never figure that out, so they will continue to suck forever!LOL I agree Cleve... the longer the better

Prosdo
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
If they haven't by now I doubt they ever will. lol

Brownskikass
05-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Damn, there are so many reasons to hate the Clowns... What's yours ?

Comon BKA, tell us why we shouldnt hate your team.

No reason. We are a fierce rivalry and I share just as much hate for the Steelers. I dont hate the fans, as some of my friends are Steelers fans but yeah, its a huge rivalry and we both hate each others team :D

Brownskikass
05-06-2005, 10:57 PM
ok first of all, just their name, wtf does brown have to do with anything

If you knew anything about football like you claim you do you would know the great PAUL BROWN was our original coach hence the name....He made Cleveland and Cincy winners....I wish he was coaching now

Brownskikass
05-06-2005, 10:58 PM
They also need to realize changing coaches every few years is not going to solve the problem. Changing coaches I think backpedals. You need someone in there who gets to know the team well and can gradually work on it. I mean jeez you can't pray oh the next coach will be the trick every few years.

If you had a brain you would realize Botch Davis and Chris Palmer sucked ass

ironcitychef
05-07-2005, 12:10 AM
If you knew anything about football like you claim you do you would know the great PAUL BROWN was our original coach hence the name....He made Cleveland and Cincy winners....I wish he was coaching now

You mean we could be cool again if we were named the "Douds"? Someone get Rooney on the phone...:rolleyes:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2005, 02:27 AM
You mean we could be cool again if we were named the "Douds"? Someone get Rooney on the phone...:rolleyes:

What you talkin' 'bout Chef?The Steelers have always been cool!

clevestinks
05-07-2005, 06:49 AM
If you had a brain you would realize Botch Davis and Chris Palmer sucked ass

Your probably right, they probably sucked, probably. Who is to really say? There not always given enough time. Palmer took an expansion team which should take more than three years. And Davis then gets someone else players that no sooner he gets his own players that fit his system then he is gone. Each new coach has his own philophy /and or system its more than having great players, its having players that fit your teams sytem, and this changes every three years or so.Plusyou have to look at the front office, they are the ones hiring these duds as coaches and making the final decisions.

On another subject that BKA mentioned, Browns fans wish they were are arch rival. They use that here in cleveburgh to get the team and city motivated. Since the real browns moved this rivalry has fizzled. On a recent poll on a Steelers web site. When asked who is the Steelers biggest rival. Fans responded Baltimore Ratbirds 68%, Cleve 21%, Dallas9% and then others. Our record against the cleve is just to lopsided to count as a rivalary. Also one reason for the rival was the distance between the two cities, and being in the same div. Now Baltimore is even closer than cleve. :boxing:

Brownskikass
05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, as soon as he got his own players we went 5-11 and 4-12 :rolleyes:

I agree were not arch rivals anymore but we are bigger rivals then Cincy....

You mean we could be cool again if we were named the "Douds"? Someone get Rooney on the phone... :rolleyes:

We were named aftre Paul Brown...so??? Whats your point??? Its actually quite original unlike the Bengals, Seahawks, Bills, Jets, Giants, etc

ironcitychef
05-08-2005, 12:45 AM
1933 - Jap Douds - Head Coach - Pittsburgh - finished 3-6-2

The fact that he was the coach didn't matter. We knew the team would be bigger than any of the people on it. Even when the Ronneys are long gone, the city will always know Steelers. With you as an expansion team, you are being treated like a science experiment. People want to be made bigger than the team. What happened to Kosar? He knew the Browns were big. He would have sold his own blood to make it a winner. Now you have guys with no ability to wether storms to make the franchise great. You want to win now and put nothing in. It takes time and stability. Even NE had the same coaches for at least 3 years.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2005, 01:01 AM
All you need to know when u think of the browns is this.. and no browns fan nor ratbird fan can deny it.. PERIOD!

The clowns are the Ratbirds and the Ratbirds are the clowns!!

bigbensgirl7
05-08-2005, 09:25 AM
On another subject that BKA mentioned, Browns fans wish they were are arch rival. They use that here in cleveburgh to get the team and city motivated. Since the real browns moved this rivalry has fizzled. On a recent poll on a Steelers web site. When asked who is the Steelers biggest rival. Fans responded Baltimore Ratbirds 68%, Cleve 21%, Dallas9% and then others. Our record against the cleve is just to lopsided to count as a rivalary. Also one reason for the rival was the distance between the two cities, and being in the same div. Now Baltimore is even closer than cleve. :boxing:

I agree with you there, our biggest rivals moved to Baltimore, however, living in Dayton, OH...I don't have to deal with any Ravens fans around here. I of course have to hear it from the Browns and the Bengal fans. 1st off, just for the record, when I say this, it is not geared towards every fan, just most of them. The Browns fans around here are just a$$es. A couple of years ago when we lost to the Browns, my phone would not stop ringing all week, with them calling to rub it in my face...however, do I ever call them and say crap to them all of the times we beat them...NO becasue it's a waste of my precious time. I guess I can say one good thing about them, that I can't say about the Ben-GALS fans...atleast the Browns fans wear those ugly colors and actually admit to being fans when they suck! The Bengals fans crack me up becasue every year I hear that they are going to the SB and everyone has Bengal stuff on, until reality hits and I never see any Bengals stuff until the next season (not even in their stadium!!!)

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Just consider the source girl.. if you called them every time they lost, hell, you'd be calling them damn near every week! :blurp: But you know, they get 1 good game, or in many cases, 1 lucky game, and then all of the sudden, they start talking smack like its the SB !! :blah:

bigbensgirl7
05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I know...it just pisses me off!!! Plus I guess, I have a little more class than to rub every win of ours in the opposing teams face. Not to mention, I have higher expectations of my boys than winning one regular season game...I want it all every year!!!

Brownskikass
05-10-2005, 07:46 PM
All you need to know when u think of the browns is this.. and no browns fan nor ratbird fan can deny it.. PERIOD!

The clowns are the Ratbirds and the Ratbirds are the clowns!!

Actually we are an expansion team and they are a mere shadow of us

clevestinks
05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes but Model is one up on the old brownies, at least he has a ring No HOF, but a ring

Brownskikass
05-10-2005, 07:50 PM
I dont hate Modell but from judging what he did, hes an asshole....he has a ring, but that'll happen when you have one of the best defenses ever

meanjoe75
05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Browns fans act like moronic assholes

BlitzburghRockCity
05-31-2005, 10:54 PM
I dont hate Modell but from judging what he did, hes an asshole....he has a ring, but that'll happen when you have one of the best defenses ever

Modell is a total dick...while I have no love loss for the clowns or the city of cleveland .. what he did by yanking that team outta there and bring those tards to balt. was just plain rotten to the core. Thats why I always say the browns are the ratbirds and the ratbirds are the browns.. always will be!

clevestinks
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Modell is a total dick...while I have no love loss for the clowns or the city of cleveland .. what he did by yanking that team outta there and bring those tards to balt. was just plain rotten to the core. Thats why I always say the browns are the ratbirds and the ratbirds are the browns.. always will be!

You know around here, cleveburgh, alot of fans felt that way in the begining. But a couple years after Model packed and left, they started feeling Mayor White was to blame. Model wanted a new stadium, White said NO. The new brownies got a new stadium. And on it on it went. Al Lerner help Model move to Balt. then bought a Cleve franchise something is kinda funny there. Anyway the browns being gone sucked, there was NO NFL coverage around here for three years. And the internet was nothing then so I only had Steelers Digest. Not to mention I missed those two easy wins every year, they suck.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
4 head coaches the Clowns have had since rejoining the league

6 first-round busts the Clowns have had since rejoining the league

5 starting QB's the Clowns have had since rejoining the league

0 Division Championships the Clows have had since rejoining the league

1 playoff appearance and loss since the Clowns rejoined the league

43-0 score of the Clowns first game back in the league whichw as also the first game ever played in Cleveland Browns Stadium (I forgot to add that this ass whoopin whas hadned to the courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers)

30-66 Clowns regular season record since returning to the league

30-67 Clowns record including playoffs sicne returning to the league

ironcitychef
06-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Great homework. Saw where Cleveland is the only new Franchise not to have any success. JAX and CAR have been playoff and Super Bowl teams on their own while Cleveland has struggled. BKA, educate us on the owhnership and the master plan if you could.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Ownership of the browns can be sum'd up in 1 word.. LACK !!!

clevestinks
06-02-2005, 04:49 AM
Thats what makes living here so much fun! Brownies Suck! Always!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Not that we need ANY help from anybody to make the Rooneys look good, but damn, when you are surrounded by ownership peers like the clowns have, it makes the Rooneys look even that much better!

clevestinks
06-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I would do anything to move back to Uniontown P.A., but I do have alot of fun here in Cleveburgh! Rubbin it in!

Brownskikass
06-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Great homework. Saw where Cleveland is the only new Franchise not to have any success. JAX and CAR have been playoff and Super Bowl teams on their own while Cleveland has struggled. BKA, educate us on the owhnership and the master plan if you could.

Well, first off we had 3 head coaches....

Chris Palmer

Butch Davis

Romeo

Secondly, whenever Chris Plamer is your Head Coach and your team looked like that, your doomed

When we had turned it around in '02, Butch got GM rights....Thats where our ship sank....He totally remodeled the team....for worse.

The teams giving up players in the expansion draft were greedy that year and gave us shitty players. We didnt get Bosselli or Glenn or Coleman or Sharper....We got Detmer and such....

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 08:07 AM
the brownies would have wasted thier talents anyway. The first year they put together a multi million dollars Oline, they said would be the anchor of thier team for along time. They sucked. within three years they were all gone. It must be the fumes in the front in cleve, know matter who runs the team , they cannot judge talent. year after year.

ironcitychef
06-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey BKA, I thought about this later, but do you think the Texans got a better start in the league. By that do you think they gave them a little more advantage knowing that teams gave you some less than valuable starter players and the league wanted to make up for it, or do you think the palying field is pretty level fro new franchises?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
It all starts at the top w/ the ownership.. it doesnt much matter what players the coaches want, the owner has the final say, and if he thinks this player or that player is good, then thats who you will end up taking.. however, know this, owners will hire coaches who will draft and coach the way the owner wants them too. Not always a case of them cracking down the whip and forcing their hand, although that's happened too..but also, a coach who has the same beliefs in player development, evaluation, coaching styles, etc. , so the players that are drafted are as much a credit or dis-credit to the owners as much as they are to the coaches and scouts that draft them.

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
This would have been easier, if we worded the question, why do we like the brownies? LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 10:31 PM
We love to hate em, plain n simple.. Familiarty breads contempt.

ironcitychef
06-06-2005, 01:58 AM
My first football memory is unwrapping the old time electric football game with the vibrating playing field and plastic players who "moved" according the dial underneath. The two teams ordered with it? Pittsburgh and the Browns. I guess I just never learned anything different.

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 08:20 AM
I had that same game. LOL

We are STEELERS FANS. Why wouldn`t we hate the mistake by the Lake!

makaveli_steeler36
06-07-2005, 12:48 AM
i hate the clowns because i hate the color brown....makes me wanna puke....also.....since when is a brown a dog??? if it is ive never heard of it....the only good brown ever is jim brown.....THATS IT!!!!!!!!......they will never be decent again....boo ya!!!!!!!

NEOHBROWN
06-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Maybe you all hate the Browns b/c the Steelers have an all-time losing record against the Browns. Browns are 55 W and 50 L against them.

The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution. They are the winningest team in professional football history. The numbers prove it. The 8 championships prove it. The most winning quarterback in history prove it. Why? There is one simple reason: the way the team was built. An owner with the business sense of Mickey McBride (founder) and the prowess and eye for talent of coach Paul Brown were the main ingredients in the recipe of DYNASTY that the Browns built. There had been others before, and there have been others since, but no single football team, NFL or otherwise, has ever dominated a league the way the Browns did for their first 20 years of existence. The 49ers had the 80's, the Steelers had the 70's, and the Packers the 60's. The Browns, however, dominated from their first game in 1946 until their championship of 1964. It will never be duplicated in any professional sport.

By the way I don't want to hear about Super Bowls... I'm an old man and I have 8 championships to your 4. Further - most of you punks weren't even alive when the Steelers last won one. Yes its been a long time since the Browns won one - 1964 - but 1979 isn't like yesterday!

Volpe1564
06-10-2005, 10:37 PM
LAMO....dude stay off the sauce....and until you get at least 4 wins in a season....lol

and the reason that we all hate the browns is because they are Balitomre-Lite......... :rolleyes:

meanjoe75
06-10-2005, 10:51 PM
The Reason we hate the Clowns is they just plain suck and choke alot they never will win the superbowl and their fans are brainless morons who are so jealous of the Steelers superbowl sucess

clevestinks
06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Maybe you all hate the Browns b/c the Steelers have an all-time losing record against the Browns. Browns are 55 W and 50 L against them.

The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution. They are the winningest team in professional football history. The numbers prove it. The 8 championships prove it. The most winning quarterback in history prove it. Why? There is one simple reason: the way the team was built. An owner with the business sense of Mickey McBride (founder) and the prowess and eye for talent of coach Paul Brown were the main ingredients in the recipe of DYNASTY that the Browns built. There had been others before, and there have been others since, but no single football team, NFL or otherwise, has ever dominated a league the way the Browns did for their first 20 years of existence. The 49ers had the 80's, the Steelers had the 70's, and the Packers the 60's. The Browns, however, dominated from their first game in 1946 until their championship of 1964. It will never be duplicated in any professional sport.

By the way I don't want to hear about Super Bowls... I'm an old man and I have 8 championships to your 4. Further - most of you punks weren't even alive when the Steelers last won one. Yes its been a long time since the Browns won one - 1964 - but 1979 isn't like yesterday!

If you don`t want to talk history, then talk about now. Your team sucks. As a matter of fact they have sucked for 41 years, get over it already. We don`t tlak Superbowls with brownie fans. Because you have no friggin idea what a superbowl is. Also you have nothing better to do but talk with Steelers fans, I would`nt even go to a browns site to bust ball. I don`t really mind brown fans on this site, if they plan on taking part on other categories to. But if you just came to run you sorry ass yap, then hit the road loser. Go get your bernie kosar jersey out and hang out at the mistake by the lake.

steelrr23
06-11-2005, 09:49 PM
as one of our other forum members have said before, "cleveburgh". it has a nice sound to it, especially since i live by cleveburgh.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by NEOHBROWN

what in the world kinda crack r u smoking dude, that's the most ridculous post I think Ive ever read..

steelrr23
06-11-2005, 10:38 PM
oh, couple more things, your eight championships as they are called, are just that, championships. you're right, i wasn't born when the clowns won their last "championship", and i really have no idea exactly how many teams there were in the league back then, i'm guessing maybe about sixteen give or take a few. but when the afl and the nfl merged, that had to put the total amount of teams in the new league at around 24, give or take a few again. that means with all those teams then, the steelers winning four superbowls in six years is pretty damn hard, more so nowadays. winning 8 "championships" with only 14 to 16 teams in the league(if that many) is very unimpressive to me. i'm more impressed with the pats 3 superbowl wins in 4 years(i hate to admit) than your 8"championships". almost 40 years since your last big one, p a t h e t i c. the browns now are what we real fans are talking about. you want to live in the past, go ahead. oh, and your 55 wins to our 50, that difference was a whole lot greater before the browns came back. the clowns only beat the steelers twice(maybe three times) since coming back in 1999. in my opinion(and i have alot of them), that makes the clowns,pittsburgh's bitches, right? the clowns haven't won a division championship since 1989, have had only one season above .500 since 1994, i could go on but i won't. the clowns might have been a dynasty in the 40's and 50's but now they are DUDS. :crying01: :sign03:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2005, 11:19 PM
:iagree: The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution.

Something else... That statement might have the slightest bid of dignity if you guys would be competitive year in and year out, like another team, let's just say, The Steelers !!

There's nothing wrong w/ being proud of your teams past accomplishments, but damn dude, you guys have done ZERO since then!! And that's an awful long time of pitiful success!

:sign03:

ironcitychef
06-12-2005, 01:02 AM
On top of all the other facts posted, just one more...

The team that won those championships now resides outside the beltway in Baltimore. You really should recognize you are a brand new franchise and begin new records. What you are doing is like Milwaukee taking credit for the Atlanta Braves success instead of the Brewers.

TroysBadDawg
10-09-2007, 03:35 AM
I guess I can tell you why I sould hate squeller fans, like those posting in this thread but I don't I just dislike the team not the fans. They are just like me just fans. Misguided..but just fans.