PDA

View Full Version : Steelers secret weapon

madtowndrunkard
01-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I call it secret because NO one is even mentioning it any were.

We have on thing that only one other team in the league possesses. (Ravens) It's something the Packers have not seen this year. They'll see it all over the game film they watch in preparation for the big event, problem is there is no preparing for this.

I'm talking about our toughness. No other team hits as hard as the steelers. All those flags thrown at Harrison were there for a reason. Even the NFL is scared of Harrison.

If you want to beat a team like the Packers I think you need to hurt them. You need to make them think twice about running over the middle. You need Rogers to wince the second he drops back. You need the Packers corners to play hesitant the second Hines Ward crosses the field. You need Jennings and Driver to shorten their arms just a little bit. We need to play mean.

I think the Packers are a little soft. I think one way we could slow the Packers down is if we hit harder then we've hit all season. Pretend we are playing the Ravens with a good QB. I really do think a physical game like that would stun the Packers a little bit. I think Woodson and Mathews are pretty tough...after that I think they are a bit of a finesse team.

After Rogers got popped in Chicago last week he seemed a whole lot less effective.

LegendSteel
01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Eh, I think the Bears are a fairly tough team. Maybe not as tough as the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets, but they're up there.

SteelCityMom
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
It's been discussed here. :noidea:

Just one example (I know there are more within threads too).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=68231

It's really no secret that the Steelers defense needs to play as it always does, and hit 'em all hard.

steeltheone
01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Eh, I think the Bears are a fairly tough team. Maybe not as tough as the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets, but they're up there.

Maybe...But the Bears played like softies much of the NFCCG

madtowndrunkard
01-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Really? Who on the bears is flying around and hitting people like Harrison, Troy, and Clark? I'll concede Urlacher is a lot like Timmons....but not on the other guys. Oh yea and Ward.

LegendSteel
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Really? Who on the bears is flying around and hitting people like Harrison, Troy, and Clark? I'll concede Urlacher is a lot like Timmons....but not on the other guys. Oh yea and Ward.

Why do you act like I said they are as tough or tougher than the Steelers? Relax, I never said they are as tough as the Steelers. Maybe not so much on offense, but they are a tough team, and probably one of the toughest and most physical teams in the NFC...it's pretty difficult to not see that. With Urlacher, Peppers, Harris, Briggs, Tinoisamoa, Manning, Tillman, Forte, etc.