PDA

View Full Version : Sanders vs Brown, who will be better?

El Nino
01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Just wondering what you guys think.

Sanders seems to catch whatever is thrown at him. He's yet to have a total breakout game, but has contributed big on several drives with key first down catches.

Brown doesn't have the stats that Sanders does, but he just seems to have the knack for the big play. In our 2 playoff games, he sealed the deal with 2 game-winning catches. Out of the 2, brown appears to be the more explosive player.

Both of them haven't choked in a playoff scenario and are looking to be the real deal. Who will be the #2 wr of the future? I was on the sanders bandwagon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown became the guy.

SH-Rock
01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Sanders I think because he has better hands and is the better route runner, but I wouldn't be surprised if they both become the number 2 guys.

mcg24
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Sanders.

Wide receiver core of the future is looking very promising.

Wallace
Sanders
Brown

Sweed?

No.

SteelKnight
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
I think Sanders will be the better receiver. Brown doesn't drop anything though. The question is routes. I think Brown will be an excellent #3 and be very productive. I'm excited to see that. If it can't happen soon, I hope BA uses the 4 WR set liberally.

I really would like to see Brown go deep more often. If he can catch punts, maybe he'd be quite good at the deep ball. Do it...while everyone's eyes are on Wallace and a #4 CB or safety is covering him, send him deep.

I am still hoping Sweed can make a run but I'm now somewhat doubtful. I'd like him to make it and I'd like ARE and Battle to go Bye Bye. In my dream world, we'd acquire Brad Smith to do KR/PR because Brown doesn't look great. Smith can't be that expensive...really...and the Jets can't afford to keep him. He can take over ARE's plays in the trick play section.

GameTime55
01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
i have always been on the brown bandwagon since the offseason so there is no reason for me to think otherwise now.

SteelMember
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Sanders vs Brown, who will be better?

Career, or just the super bowl? :noidea:

And remember... some said Brown wasn't smart enough in camp to even make the cut.

2 giant playoff catches looks pretty smart now, don't it. :tt03:

They both look good... they both could be great. I'd call it even at this point.

One thing's for sure, our WR speed is definitely an asset to the offense.

El Nino
01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm excited about both, they will only get better. When brown gets trusted to field punts past the 20 he should have more opportunities to make plays.

sanders does seem to be the better route runner. sometimes it seems like brown runs the wrong routes but that should be fixed by next year.

if ward retires after the sb sweed will get another chance to step it up, I think he will have to as he should get another shot, but it will be his last chance.

SteelKnight
01-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm excited about both, they will only get better. When brown gets trusted to field punts past the 20 he should have more opportunities to make plays.

sanders does seem to be the better route runner. sometimes it seems like brown runs the wrong routes but that should be fixed by next year.

if ward retires after the sb sweed will get another chance to step it up, I think he will have to as he should get another shot, but it will be his last chance.

I don't like Brown's vision regarding KRs/PRs. He doesn't look for the opening. He runs right into the crowd. I'd like to see him play more WR though and send him deep.

SteelMember
01-28-2011, 10:23 PM

As long as Brown understands how to react to Ben's scrambling... that's half the playbook. Sometimes you can't draw shit up that good. :chuckle:

and yes. They're both rookies. They'll be even more dangerous when they go subconscious with all their responsibilities and positioning.

SteelMember
01-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't like Brown's vision regarding KRs/PRs. He doesn't look for the opening. He runs right into the crowd. I'd like to see him play more WR though and send him deep.

I think he knows where the blocks are supposed to be...

He's a north/south runner. One move and straight up the field.

I prefer that over all the sideline to sideline changes of direction.

tony hipchest
01-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Just wondering what you guys think.

Sanders seems to catch whatever is thrown at him. He's yet to have a total breakout game, but has contributed big on several drives with key first down catches.

Brown doesn't have the stats that Sanders does, but he just seems to have the knack for the big play. In our 2 playoff games, he sealed the deal with 2 game-winning catches. Out of the 2, brown appears to be the more explosive player.

Both of them haven't choked in a playoff scenario and are looking to be the real deal. Who will be the #2 wr of the future? I was on the sanders bandwagon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown became the guy.

well heres the thing- with swann and stallworth there really was no #2. with plax and hines, it was always up in the air who was #1. even with santonio and hines it was disputed who was the #1 wr.

i expect this trend to continue. the #1 wr will be the one who is open the most. a. brown came through huge in the last 2 playoff games, because the opponents underestimated him, and he was able to easilly get open. the jets had a linebacker covering him on his 3rd and 6 reception which is a win for the steelers everytime.

brown is an e. sanders clone. this is not unprescedented. in 2006 the steelers drafted holmes and then in the 3rd took a holmes clone. willie reid was called a poor man's santonio. pretty much same height, weight, speed, and skillset. same player w/o the pedigree.

nobody should be suprized with brown or sanders. in college they combined for about 600 receptions. these are HUGE numbers put up by a rookie class. despite who they played for it shows they do have hands and can catch the ball. wasnt it d. heywood bey who only had about 20 receptions in his final year of college?

brown and sanders showed their experience in the preseason when they caught just about every ball thrown their way.

they have pretty much done the same with every opportunity they have been afforded in the pros.

if anything we can thank limas sweed for, its training these 2 on what not to do.

In my dream world, we'd acquire Brad Smith to do KR/PR because Brown doesn't look great. .

:huh: his 1st career touch in live game action resulted in a touchdown.

AXLt9EQeRk0&playnext=1&list=PL5FADF485F537018C

:noidea:

Aussie Steeler
01-29-2011, 04:24 AM
I'm liking Brown's big play ability. I think he will be a keen watch in the Super Bowl. Sanders is a solid WR though, he is an above average route runner for a rookie and should get better - also good hands.
I will say the 6th round pick will be better.

Rick5895
01-29-2011, 06:49 AM
For the Super Bowl, I think Brown has the potential for a better game. If the Packers go to 5 DB, Woodson moves inside and will line up on Sanders. The pack will likely shade the safeties to wherever Wallace is at so in 4 WR sets Brown should get single coverage with no help over the top.
Career wise I think sanders is another Ward.