PDA

View Full Version : AFC North Draft

Ohio Steeler
05-01-2006, 05:18 AM
ok now that the draft is over how do you think all of the AFC North teams did and who did the best

Baltimore Ravens:

Haloti Ngata
Chris Chester
David Pittman
Demetrius Williams
Prince (PJ) Daniels Jr
Dawan Landry
Quinn Sypniewski
Sam Koch
Derrick Martin

Cincinnati Bengals:

Johnathan Joseph
Andrew Whitworth
Frostee Rucker
Domata Peko
A.J. Nicholson
Reggie McNeal
Ethan Kilmer
Bennie Brazell

Cleveland Browns :

Kamerion Wimbley
D'Qwell Jackson
Travis Wilson
Leon Williams
Jerome Harrison
DeMario Minter
Lawrence Vickers
Babatunde Oshinowo
Justin Hamilton

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Santonio Holmes
Anthony Smith
Willie Reid
Willie Colon
Orien Harris
Omar Jacobs
Charles Davis
Marvin Philip
Cedric Humes

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Steelers B+
Ravens B
Bengals C
Browns C-

I have a feeling Wimbley will be Alonzo Jackson II

BlackNGold203
05-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Other teams have to be a bit nauseated that the Steelers added two speed burners at WR...

Ben will be able to stretch the field..opening up lanes for the RB's....

Steelers B
all others...C

LMAO...Billick must LOVE his offense..they addressed zero offensive needs...they will be in the can again...and hopefully...so will Billick

Ambridge
05-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Cleveland Browns B+
Baltimore Ravens B
Pittsburgh Steelers C+
Cincinnati Bengals C

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 10:36 AM
ok now that the draft is over how do you think all of the AFC North teams did and who did the best

Baltimore Ravens:

Haloti Ngata
Chris Chester
David Pittman
Demetrius Williams
Prince (PJ) Daniels Jr
Dawan Landry
Quinn Sypniewski
Sam Koch
Derrick Martin

prince and dawan????? :sissies: "hated it"

*2 snaps in a z formation*

Volpe1564
05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
LMAO...Billick must LOVE his offense..they addressed zero offensive needs...they will be in the can again...and hopefully...so will Billick

We dont want him to leave!!! kinda like y i loved Butch Davis soo much...he kept them in the basment with the rest of the:poop:

j-dawg
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Steelers B+
Ravens B
Bengals C
Browns C-

I have a feeling Wimbley will be Alonzo Jackson II

I don't know.... Alonzo had been asked to gain weight, than lose weight, the steelers didn't know what they wanted to do with him. Wimbley is coming into a defense that romeo knows where he wants him...outside, opposite side of Willie McGinest ... you know, Mike Vrabel had the same problem in pittsburgh as Alonzo did, he went to new england (romeos defense) and has done quite well....

i'm curious suit, what you think of Babatunde Oshinowo?

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
you know, Mike Vrabel had the same problem in pittsburgh as Alonzo did, he went to new england (romeos defense) and has done quite well....

i'm curious suit, what you think of Babatunde Oshinowo? while youre right on alonzo, youre completely wrong with vrabel (who actually touched the field in pittsburgh) he was just buried on the depth chart and was a salary cap casualty. it wasnt for a lack of production though. steelers just couldnt find room for him and give him the starts he deserved. far cry from jackson.

MattsMe
05-02-2006, 11:21 PM
prince and dawan????? :sissies: "hated it"

*2 snaps in a z formation*

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Rep points to you. You know Jennifer Lopez was a dancer on that show? She's hard to spot though, as she was caucasian back then. :bouncy:

j-dawg
05-02-2006, 11:37 PM
the steelers switched vrabel from defensive end to linebacker.... just like alonzo... they asked him to gain weight for the run than lose weight for quickness on the outside.... he started in a majority of the games when he was in pittsburgh.... he just fit better in romeos defense... look at his stats....

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4445

tony hipchest
05-03-2006, 12:00 AM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Rep points to you. You know Jennifer Lopez was a dancer on that show? She's hard to spot though, as she was caucasian back then. :bouncy:the fly girls.

that show still has some of j. carreys, d. allen griers, j. foxx's, and damon wayans best stuff.

doesnt neccesarily compete with a 30 year roster of sat. night live actors/comedians but....

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Ngata seems like a bit of a project for the ratbirds, that one has me scratching my head alittle..the ratbirds in general dont seem to have improved much.

The bengals made a wise move in getting defensive help since that's where they lacked last year, but its not enough yet to compete against the power house teams in the afc

the browns, well they did alright, but they have just have so many holes to fill all over the place it will takes years of successful drafts before they are really ready to compete for anything.

I like our draft, considering how little talent there was to choose from after rounds 1 and 2 we did about as well as can be expected

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't know.... Alonzo had been asked to gain weight, than lose weight, the steelers didn't know what they wanted to do with him. Wimbley is coming into a defense that romeo knows where he wants him...outside, opposite side of Willie McGinest ... you know, Mike Vrabel had the same problem in pittsburgh as Alonzo did, he went to new england (romeos defense) and has done quite well....

'Zo came in as an OLB...it was only when they realized they couldn't convert him from DE that they asked him to gain weight. Who's to say it'll work with Wimbley?

I don't know anything about Oshinowo.

clevestinks
05-03-2006, 04:05 PM

But Vrabel was resistant to becoming a LB, he wanted no part of it. Now he should be thanking us. :smile:

I would like to think we got a B, I think cleveland got a B, and Cinci a C+, Baltomre a C but only time will tell, we will have to look this thread back up in two years.

Stlrs4Life
05-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Cleveland Browns B+
Baltimore Ravens B
Pittsburgh Steelers C+
Cincinnati Bengals C

Ditto