PDA

View Full Version : Steelers grade from Sportsline.......

DIESELMAN
05-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Best pick: Defensive tackle Orien Harris, the team's fourth-round pick, has first-round skills. Look for the Steelers to get the most out of him.

Worst pick: Second-round pick Anthony Smith looks the part, but he didn't make enough plays at Syracuse. The Steelers might have forced a safety pick looking for a replacement for Chris Hope.

Overall grade: B+. Trading up to get Santonio Holmes in the first round was a heck of a move, and third-round pick Willie Reid will help the return game.

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and trust the judgemnt of the Super Bowl winning Pittsburgh Steelers FO on Smith over CBS Sportsline on this one.

slashsteel
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Didn't make enough plays at Syracuse ? ? The guy was productive three years in a row. Only knock on Smith is his 40.

coachspeak33
05-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I agree with Suit... I refuse to put a lot of stock in an organization that still had us taking Mangold at 32 the night before the draft.

Every single sign pointed towards them NOT drafting Mangold
Exhibit A - Hartings restructured
Exhibit B - Okobi signed what essentially is a contract extention

I think we all might be able to take the national media's INNACCURATE knowledge of the Steelers Organization and fill up the freaking Grand Canyon!!!!!!!!

PS lets just hope this guy can be an effective special teams player for us the first 7 to 8 weeks of his rookie season and then lets see what we got with him.

clevestinks
05-01-2006, 03:17 PM
B+ Thats pretty damn good!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
he calls trading up to get Holmes a "heck of a move" , the best WR in the draft, yet he calls Harris the best pick of the day.. :blah:

Midnightwriter07
05-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Harris was a GREAT pick if you watched him play he is a beast and is a definate keeper for where we got him. I think we had 5 solid picks out of draft that wont be seen for a lil while.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I give our draft an A+

Haiku_Dirtt
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
he calls trading up to get Holmes a "heck of a move" , the best WR in the draft, yet he calls Harris the best pick of the day.. :blah:

Exactly. Which is it?:dang:

I wonder what they said about Ike Taylor in the 4th round. Uhhhhhh. Lacks big school experience. No s**t Sherlock.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2006, 05:59 PM
and these are the so called experts that get paid mad money just to come up with this shit !! :chair: