PDA

View Full Version : Time to get Offensive...

ironcitychef
05-04-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm going out looking for critics, so here you go. Many team fans say oh we will be fine, but never back it up. Not here at SF, baby! Our biggest thing last year, turnovers late in the season...mainly int's by Ben. Now I can either say we are doomed or tell you why it will be different. Of course I'm choosing the later...

Ben threw picks because teams knew we were throwing on third down. They knew that because they knew we were going to run on 1st and 2nd. We ran on 1st and 2nd because it was the safest bet to gain positive yards. On the the theories(I mean facts)...

Ben now will have a larger playbook which means more options. In MLB if you only have a fastball and an offspeed pitch, more often than not you will throw gas early. Same with Ben last year. We ran early. Not now. We will have Ben reading defense. Ward and El getting separation from DB's who can't jam too much. We will have options of Staley, Haynes, and company on screens. Oh yeah, Miller and Tuman on the corners. First down means good chain movement this year. Also, with Miller added, we will now have a serious threat to help Ben see how the D plays the wideouts. If you don't have serious TE threats, you can play matches and sometimes not account for the TE by a single man. Now with Miller, he can command a player/player matchup which will be visible. This gives Ben more info at the line. More info + more experience = more positive plays. Plus Staley will be more comfrtable with where to run(like right before the injury when he was crushing teams), and Jerome's avg per run continues to go up in his "twilight" years.

So there you go punks. I'm telling you why we are okay this year. Feel the same about your team?
Didn't think so.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Another reason, along those same lines, was that teams knew that the Steelers would also try and throw on First down to get managable 3rd situations for Ben and the offense, so they would drop back into a zone defense and bring everybody into coverage, to keep him from getting big chunks of yardage on 1st down, then they knew we'd try and run on 2nd down to get some of that yardage back, and then it was 3rd and long, and they had him right where they wanted him.

That just comes w/ experience, knowing about reading defenses and taking what the defense gives you. That just comes w/ time, and he's had a full year and double the amount of games he used to playing in to get more adept to it. So I look for big things from him this year.

hardwork
05-04-2005, 12:39 PM
"Ben threw picks because teams knew we were throwing on third down."

Ben threw picks because Ben threw picks. It's as simple as that. Now whether or not it's a tendency, only time will tell. I suspect it is, and if it is, you can forgetaboutit. Always a brides maid, never a bride.

How do I feel about our team? Well, 3 out of 4, and counting.

rowedf
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree a little here. I think Ben threw pics because most of his INT's came on HORRIBLE passes, not bad reads. I'm sure there were a few he should have not even thrown the ball, but the majority were no floaters that were either too high and got tipped or completely missed their target. I think we are giving the opponents D a little too much credit in saying the knew what we were going to do. I think he just made a few bad throws, and you'll have that.

clevestinks
05-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I Think the picks were part of his smaller playbook, which will be increased this year, and so will his role on the team.It took him awhile to really get Hines in the game on a cosistence basis, he was always looking Plax. Then he lost Plax for a bit. And started looking around a little more. He will be fine, he is a smart kid, and very athletic, with a cannon for a right arm. His passes were bad passes at the end of the season, nobody around at times. The rookie nerves and pressure should aliitle, everywhere he went there was a reporter with questions, that won`t change but they way he handles it will, Now he knows what to expect. Big Ben will be a team leader this year! And he will be CO-MVP of this seasons superbowl. Write it down now, hardwork will be butt naked, in downtown Boston.

ironcitychef
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
To refocus the point, not to debate how Ben threw picks, but giving other teams answers on why its not going to happen this year. I have yet to hear how the browns are going to throw, or stop the run, or anything. Hardwork hasn't given any facts about whether Tom B. will have any go to receivers for sure this year, or if No Teddy B. means no stopping the run. Just got tired of other teams saying oh will win it this year. Oh yeah? How Mr. Smartypants?! Cause if your logic is well we won 3 out of 4, you might as well stop counting now. How about the coaches role? Come on other teams, start backing your teams up with a little more cred.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-04-2005, 04:56 PM
our offense was perfect this year, smashmouth run the ball till the die football

clevestinks
05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Hines your right, and its only going to get better, run the football down thier throats with the power running game. eat up valuable minutes. Flatten opposing qb with the Blitzburgh D. Sir Dick Lebeau was just a rookie with us last year, this time around, imagine what he will come up with now. Ben will be better than last year. I hope the pats stick around long enough, so we shove the pigskin down thier throats. hardlyworking, for all we know, you may be just a frontrunner, fairweather fan. anybody can come ain here and gloat after some bowl wins. But this is a Steelers forum, with real fans , Never say die, Bleeding Black and Gold, yinzers from the Burgh. We might not have won the past Superbowl but we are here, talking about all that matters in the NFL our Pittsburgh Steelers!. Write this down hardlyafanworking " We Will Kick Your Ass This Year" but your only a little speed bump on our way to the prize.

ONE FOR THE THUMB

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Ben needs the same type of supporting cast he had last year. Its our philosphy.. Run the ball, chew up the clock, keep the defense honest, and force them to throw in that 8th man in the box so the QB can make easy reads and high percentage passes, mixed in w/the occasional long play to burn them. Play solid defense, aggressive attacking defense, and solid ST play. it sounds cliche, but in reality, when you've got ALL 3 phases hitting on all cylinders, we proved last year, we grind it out or play a shoot out and still beat you.

hardwork
05-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I went through this once before, but I'll do it again.

The two key loses for us this year have been Bruschi, and Andruzzi. Bruschi's loss is tough because he was such an instinctive player. Andruzzi's loss is tough because he was the emotional leader of the OL. Now, we drafted Logan Mankins(a very fiery player) specifically to replace Andruzzi. If this kid can stay healthy, I think he can carry the burden, but we'll see. As for replacing Bruschi? You can't. He was special. So, you move on. But don't think we don't have other run stoppers. I can assure you we do. We just don't have anyone who can do over all what Bruschi did.

As for receivers for Brady? In case you haven't noticed, except for Troy Brown during our first Super Bowl year, Brady has never had great receivers. Hasn't stopped him before, and it won't stop him now.

This season will be a challenge for this team, and that's just what revs their engines. These guys were all hand picked with that very trait in mind.

hardwork
05-04-2005, 09:30 PM
"but your only a little speed bump on our way to the prize."

Get one of your players to say that. We'd love it.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Nah, we dont start the trash talking.. we FINISH it ! :boxing:

ironcitychef
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys for the Steeler support. I think we did a good job in looking to solve the dropping back of 8 LB's/CB's into coverage on us by getting Miller and opening the playbook for Ben.

'If this kid can stay healthy, I think he can carry the burden, but we'll see.'
'We just don't have anyone who can do over all what Bruschi did.'

Hardwork, I hear you in the answers for your team. Respectable, but it sounds like you might be a little concerned. Are you trying to convice us, or yourself? :bs:

hardwork
05-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Concerned? Only a moron wouldn't be concerned, moron.

4 years ago you morons had yourselves booked into hotels at the Super Bowl. Problem was, you forgot you had to play us in order to get there. Last year you were all walking around with your heads up your ass's because you won 15 games. Lol, big deal. You forgot we won 14 and never thought it meant a thing. Now, you morons have the next Super Bowl all locked up. I have never seen such ignorance in my whole life.

Concerned? You beat your ass I'm concerned. So is Belichick. So is Brady. So is Kraft. So is any thinking Patriot and any thinking fan. That's what got us 3 rings in 4 years. We stay concerned 12 months of the year. And we stay HUNGRY 12 months of the year.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Concerned? Only a moron wouldn't be concerned, moron.

4 years ago you morons had yourselves booked into hotels at the Super Bowl. Problem was, you forgot you had to play us in order to get there. Last year you were all walking around with your heads up your ass's because you won 15 games. Lol, big deal. You forgot we won 14 and never thought it meant a thing. Now, you morons have the next Super Bowl all locked up. I have never seen such ignorance in my whole life.

Concerned? You beat your ass I'm concerned. So is Belichick. So is Brady. So is Kraft. So is any thinking Patriot and any thinking fan. That's what got us 3 rings in 4 years. We stay concerned 12 months of the year. And we stay HUNGRY 12 months of the year.

You think the Steelers aren't hungry?I gaurantee you that the Steelers are hungrier than they ever have been.Last year was luck,nobody extpected Ben to do what he did.This year won't be luck,it will be talent.And when we're celebrating a trip to the SB,you won't show your face here because you won't be able to talk any shit Pats fan.

You and every other Pats fan I have met are exactly the same.All I hear is "last year was last year,it doesn't matter anymore".But then I hear "but you guys won 16 last year and lsot to us.Three rings bitches!".So fucking hypocritical.

If last year doesn't matter like you have said before,then shut the fuck up about it.You lsot both of your coodinators...that's going to hurt you guys.You don't think so,but it will.Soon it'll ebr evealed that the person that was credited with all of the Patriettes success,Bill Bellicheck,deserved none of the credit.

You'll probally win your division,only competition is the Jets.But don't be surprised if you guys don't even make the AFCC Game much less the Super Bowl.

Avoid LLoyd1975
05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Hardwork.... if you guys stayed hungry for 12 months out of the year then why do you guys have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL??? I would think that if you guys were so great then your fans would back you??? Is it because your QB is related to Greg Brady of the Brady Bunch. (I.E. Homo) My friend your luck has just run out. Belichick the guy that wears the womens head bands to his games who also takes the credit away from his coordinators for the success. Well, I bet he is crapping his pants right about now because his precious coaching staff went bye-byes and it is solely back on his shoulders to teach and mentor new coordinators to do their jobs. Take orders from that freak!!! Never. His players are going to disown him eventually and the whole franchise is going to turn into turmoil. Bob Kraft maccaroni and nut cheese is about as worthless as Belichick as well. And let me know when you guys are done copying our team with the signings, playcalling and defensive schemes.

hardwork
05-05-2005, 04:49 PM
You know what? This is stupid. I didn't join to put you down. I have a bit of a temper though.

I'll just say you guys have a good team, and so do we. I can't wait for the season to start.

clevestinks
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
This is what the blast furnace is all about, I just had some nice conversations with hardwork on the guns thread, and in the blastfurnace back at each others throats, then later in another forum we get along again.

ironcitychef
05-05-2005, 11:42 PM
See what I mean. I totally agree with Clevestinks. I do love the info and chats on other threads. I can't believe people who say Hardwork and BKA can't post on our forum. But I just wanted to stir things up cause I think sometimes it like the Yankees. Oh we'll be okay just wait and see. I wasn't buying it. I wanted to see what other teams had in their arsenal in the Blast Furnace and to be honest it wasn't much. A couple of jabs but then they bow out. You had a great opportunity to go all out in a forum, and you didn't. Hey you got great info, and its nice to have another team rep on the board, but the Blast Furnace puts another one down in the books in my opinion. You gotta a tough job being the only one backing up your team, but you chose to come to this board, not us on yours. I honestly wanted to know what other teams ideas are and it sounds like they just hope we lose. Thanks for answering the intial post and swapping smack. For your sake I do hope actions are louder than words else watch that first step getting off the bandwagon.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Hail to the Chief! Art Rooney

Hail to the Chef! IronCityChef

Hail Yes!

hardwork
05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey, you wanna keep it up, ok. I think it's dumb, and embarrassing for you guys, but if you want to continuing smacking heads when you haven't done anything in 27 years it's fine with me.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I will say this, I want another Superbowl Championship . I am a little jealous of the Pats, because they have 3 of 4. And jealous of anyone who wins because I want the Steelers to win. Do I have the right to be jealous because we already have FOUR, probably not but oh well. To me the ring is the number one goal. without question. But there is so much more, I run a Steelers Fan club for OHIO. If we were 2-6 half way through the season, our club wouldn`t be much fun, we would still watch, we would still root, but our balloon would be a little deflated. Our crowds would shrink a little, because we may not be some, but we do have some fair weather fans. The Steelers made this season fun, bad ending but for 5 months we had a ball, and this happens here alot, it is great being a Steelers fan. Even with the let downs only one team wins it all. It will be our team this year I know this, don`t ask how I just do. Pats run is over, not for good, Bill will rise again in Boston, but we are the team to beat, Not Philly, Not NE, Not Atlanta,Not SD, never Cleveland. We are the team.

hardwork
05-06-2005, 05:37 PM
FOUR? Your team doesn't have FOUR. Your coach doesn't have FOUR. None of your players have FOUR. Those FOUR Super Bowls belong to another team, other players, a different coach, during a different time. These Steelers are no more a reflection of those Super Bowl teams than the current Celtics are a reflection of Celtic teams that won those 16 NBA championships.

Get over yourselves, and your pedigree, and get down in the mud with the rest of us. You guys remind me of some of the students you see walking around Harvard Square. They think because they inherited money, and social status, they actually know something. From now on I'm going to call you the Pittsburgh Haaaarvards.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey dumb ass, aka hardwork, Our four were a hell of alot more pure than your also. Our aren`t to be considered our because they were so long ago? At least every player on our roster was homegrown, played every game of their pro career with the Steelers, drafted or college free agents. What you call yours? Is a team that was free agents from all over, use them for a year here and there, I would take OUR FOUR over your three anyday, HOF after HOF on that team. No coaches from that team left? What Dick Hoak, Been with the Steelers for over 750+ games as a player or coach, Hwow about Mean Joe Greene who is still on our staff. How about owners who have owned the team since 1933. How about the Best Damn Fans in the Country. You know shit about the Pittsbugh Steelers, don`t act as if you do. You wish that would let you in to our Steelers Fraternity. But your just a pats fairweather fan, as far as I`m concerned. I`m sure you weren`t looking for a Steelers web site before the pats starting winning.

hardwork
05-06-2005, 07:50 PM
"1933" LOL, here we go. The Pittsburgh Haaaarvards. "Back in 1877, when my great great grandaddy owned the railroad.................."

hardwork
05-06-2005, 08:05 PM
"At least every player on our roster was homegrown"

Don't you mean steroidgrown, ya bleepin' carpetbagger.

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 08:14 PM
I forgot who I was talking, I`m sure your one of those Stuffy, Yuppie type Harvard pricks, that just happens to think they know everything. Around here not shit alright. Now all our players were on steroids but not the pats of the 70`s right. Oh yah you have class act players like Zeke Mowat shving his package in a female reporters face, Nice, Class Act!

hardwork
05-06-2005, 08:41 PM
How's your turnpike sniping program coming along? Any new prospects?

When the Steelers come to town I always have my bullet proof windshield installed.

ironcitychef
05-07-2005, 12:08 AM
I have come to the determination that when I have kids I will teach them to be good losers and good winners. I hate when you start up a section just for fun and people start getting huffy over nothing. We can argue all day and not solve anything cause when it comes to smack you got two rules. King of the Hill and Dynasty. For Dynasty, you can talk all the smack you want if your team has won more than anyone else ever in the same league. See Canadians, Yankees, etc. You will always have a case. Then you have current champ under King of the Hill. Yes NE you are the champs until someone beats you. But when we do that this year and you still don't have more total Super Bowl wins than us, who will you cry to then? God Forbid we win this year cause then we can stake claim to both Smack Talking Championship Belts.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Know this.. Super Bowl trohies which reflect an NFL Champion... knows no era, no 1 individual, they timelessly reflect a year when your TEAM was the best of the best, and like it or not, we were the best of the best 4 times ! No one can ever take that away from us, the city, the former and current players and coaches, and the fans!

hardwork
05-07-2005, 02:22 AM
A couple of years ago, after a Patriots loss, Belichick had a hole dug on the sideline at Gillette stadium. He than gathered the team around, produced a game ball from the loss, stuck it the hole, and buried it. That game was all gone. All that matters is the next one.

As I keep telling you. If you want to talk about champions, lets talk about the Celtics. No one has done what they did. Bill Russell alone has 11 rings. ELEVEN.

What does that have to do with todays Celtics? NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. You guys are sad. Sucking off someone elses hard work. Pretending what those guys did 30 years ago is somehow a credit to you. Pathetic.

Say, was mean joe green the spotter for your mad sniper? LOL

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2005, 02:24 AM
"Hardwork" won't be around after the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl this year.

He'll probally deny that the Patriots even exist.

Can anyone tell me how many people wore Patriots gear before 2000/2001?Were there even Patriot fans?Yea,the other two years they went to the Super Bowl.

Patriot fans have a history of being fairweather.When they go back to sucking,they'll be nowhere to be found.

hardwork
05-07-2005, 02:29 AM
This from a guy who lives in Cleveland. Sad, I tell ya.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2005, 02:34 AM
This from a guy who lives in Cleveland. Sad, I tell ya.

Yes,the Clowns are sad.So are the Indians and the Cavs.Only good team in Cleveland is the Force,thier MISL team.

ironcitychef
05-07-2005, 10:31 AM
sorry man, you can't tell us our four don't matter, then stand back and admire your 3 out of 4. And just for arguements sake, wininng breeds winning so our championships means just us much as anyone cause it sets a standard. You mean to tell me in all those long, dull NFL meetings by the beach Kraft didn't sit there watching Rooney and think about what it would be like to have an office with four trophies in it? Oh wait since its all about the current year, he must have looked at the Marlins who spent high, got in one year, then sold the team away the next day. Yeah that must be it.

hardwork
05-07-2005, 11:28 AM
"winning breeds winning"

27 years and counting. That's a pretty long gestation period. Are you sure you're pregnant?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2005, 01:47 PM
I cant believe, u of all people, having won 3 SB's does not think that winning an SB is a credit to the entire organization as a whole, the city, and its fans!! In the history books, its doesnt say, the Patriots never won a super bowl.. but oh yeah, the current players won 3!

hardwork
05-07-2005, 03:45 PM
That's right. The current Patriot players, and organization, have won 3. The operative words being, players, organization, and current. The fans here haven't won a thing, and the Patriots history has nothing to do with it. The same is true in your case. Your current players, and organization, haven't won a Super Bowl, and the Steelers history has nothing to do with it one way or the other.

Zen understanding: When wood burns, it becomes ash. Once it becomes ash, the fact that it was once wood is no longer relevant. It's ash now, and ash is ash.

ironcitychef
05-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Uh, when is the last time the Celtics won the title? Yeah don't count them along the great franchises. I guess they rank up with the Hornets?

'27 years and counting. That's a pretty long gestation period. Are you sure you're pregnant?'

Yeah and how long did it take you all just to get to 2nd Base? Its amazing while I am proud we were a dominant team in the 70's I take the time to understand that it was 10 years until we became a winning franchise. You make it sound like you are an expansion team that has only been around 4 years. You know what, we were kicking your butt then, and will continue to do so, why? Cause the CITY doesn't know anybetter. We grew up watching your snowblower come on the field and steal a game. We saw you whine about a tuck rule and steal another game. And now you want to talk about being better than everyone else. The football gods won't allow it. You are getting too big for your britches and what goes around comes around. Do you really feel good about winning again with our old players that would be back ups on our team? Yeah they were on your team when you went 1-1 against us last year, but now our backups are your starters. Typical of Boston(ie Red Sox/Yankees). Even when you are champions you still want to be like the class of the league.

hardwork
05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
You need to study up on your baseball. It's the New York Yankees/Red Sox. Babe Ruth, Roger Clemens, on and on and on..............

And BTW, it was the Raiders who were complaining about the tuck rule, not us. It went in our favor, remember?

ironcitychef
05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
You need to study up on your baseball. It's the New York Yankees/Red Sox. Babe Ruth, Roger Clemens, on and on and on..............

And BTW, it was the Raiders who were complaining about the tuck rule, not us. It went in our favor, remember?

I'm lost on the first part?

As for the tuck rule, I do remember a lot of politic-ing with the refs while they where out there trying to determine. How much do you pay the refs a year anyway to keep making calls for you all? Can you still afford them after paying Brady?

hardwork
05-14-2005, 08:08 PM
The thing to remember is that whether we got a break on that call or not, we went on to win the Super Bowl. What happened to the Raiders the following year when they got to the Super Bowl?

The Patriots are obligated to win in the AFC so as the Trophy can remain within this conference. We can't let these weak sisters represent us. That's why we had to take you out last year. Now if you've been getting your rest, taking your vitamins, and working out in the gym, you might be strong enough to go to the big game this year. But we'll be the ones making the selection, not you.

Notice to all Steeler players:

Hell Week

Begins: Sept. 25th

Time: 4:15 PM

Uniform: Bathing suits. You'll be spending a lot of time treading water

BlitzburghRockCity
05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Hell week is a great way to put it work... cuz that's exactly where u'll be when u step out onto Heinz !!! We dont forget what happened in the past, but at the same time, nor do we dwell on it. But that being said, dont think for 1 hot second that every last person in Steel town doesnt remember what happened, right down to the hot dog and beer guys ! And whether they will admit it or not, revenge is sweet, and stepping on you guys to get to detroit is all that matters.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
revenge is sweet, and stepping on you guys to get to detroit is all that matters.

Hell yes it is!

bigbensgirl7
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
"winning breeds winning"

27 years and counting. That's a pretty long gestation period.

1st off we won our last Super Bowl January 20, 1980 (SB XIV)...last time I checked it was 2005 not 2007, and well yah it's been a long time...hell I was not even 1 the last time we won, however, I am still a Steeler fan through the good times and the bad. I never met a Pats fan around here until they won their 1st SB. Now the bandwagoners have come out in full force. I know every team in the NFL have bandwagoners...that's just sports, but you have to give the Steelers fans credit for supporting our team through what I call a 25 year drought...because really we have have some fun great seasons...but have fallen short of the ultimate goal every year. You also can not discredit the four rings they have won. I guess if that's true, then next year when you don't win...your 3 of 4 doesn't count for anything either...it will be in the past! I guess the 19 Hall of Famers we have don't count for anything either...because well they are from the past! How many do the Pats have??? 3-but they're nobodys...huh???

The drought end here though...this will be the year for the "the one for the thumb"

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Good point girl.. where was everybody at before the last 4 years... oh thats right, they were too busy watching the red sox continue to lose to the yankees... and now all of the sudden, everybody's a red sox and pats fan.. u guys make us die hards who've loudly and proudly shouted our team for all to hear, just wanna :puke:

hardwork
05-15-2005, 08:05 PM
"the one for the thumb"

Probably most of your players, brain surgeons that they are, would try and put it on their thumb.

bigbensgirl7
05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Yah...that's a good one Hardwork :blah: I bet you worked hard to come up with that one!

hardwork
05-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Lol, I like that little green blah blah guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Doesnt take much does it ?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2005, 01:55 PM
"the one for the thumb"

Probably most of your players, brain surgeons that they are, would try and put it on their thumb.

*smacks hardwork upside the head*

You're slippin boy!That was some lame-ass shit!

hardwork
05-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't forget boys and girls.

Notice to all Steeler players:

Hell Week Begins: Sept. 25th

Time: 4:15 PM

Uniform: Bathing suits. You'll be spending a lot of time treading water

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2005, 10:40 PM
*smacks hardwork upside the head*

You're slippin boy!That was some lame-ass shit!

Lame and shit are the operative words here!

hardwork
05-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Lame? I'll tell you lame. You got a team, and a coach, that haven't won squat, and ya'll are talking like the league is your oyster. That's lame.

clevestinks
05-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Hey hardwork this is a Steelers forum, who do you want us to talk about , dumb ass! Its easy to come in here talkin crap after your team has won thier rings. Stick around jerk off, Its time you get it back.

hardwork
05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Cleve., there's a big difference between talking about the home team, and acting like they're the best thing since sliced bread, before they've won anything. Try doing something first, then crowing about it latter, dumb-ass.

clevestinks
05-27-2005, 05:48 PM
We are not crowwing about being the best retard! I really thought you of all people were smarter than that, Guess not! We are going round and round about what we want to accomplish dumb ass! We totally understand that the Pats are still on top, on thier way down, but on top. But for all we know is your just a front runner anyway, you probably didn`t even watch a pats game five years ago. Just a fairweather, jump on the bandwagon little twerp. Oh I would love to go nose to nose with you.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Lame? I'll tell you lame. You got a team, and a coach, that haven't won squat, and ya'll are talking like the league is your oyster. That's lame.

So what?It's wrong for me to believe in my team?It's wrong for me to believe that my team is the best in the league?It's wrong for me to support my team.

Patriot fans can't even talk about team support.Patriot fans didn't exist until 2001.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM

That statement right there just shows your total lack of intelligence when it comes to football, as well as a total lack of common sense!

hardwork
05-27-2005, 06:46 PM
First of all I've been going to Patriot games since they were playing at BU, Harvard, and Fenway Park.

Second we're smart enough around here to know it's what you've done lately, not what your ancient history is, that counts.

Third, every one of these 3 Super Bowls have come as a surprise to us. Never have we gone into a season thinking that the trophy was ours.

One game at a time. One play at a time. That's our method, and we're sticking to it.

Cleve, don't make me have to come out there and kick your ass.

ironcitychef
05-27-2005, 07:34 PM

I can't believe it our little blast furnace is all grown up. Who knew this little section would produce lines like this!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Second we're smart enough around here to know it's what you've done lately, not what your ancient history is, that counts.

Third, every one of these 3 Super Bowls have come as a surprise to us. Never have we gone into a season thinking that the trophy was ours.

The only reason for the Patriots it's "latley" is because you guys have no history to look back on and be proud of.

Also,that may be for the team,but not for the fans.The fans act like I have to worship the Patriots,and I ain't kissing any Patriot ass.Fuck that.When the Patriots are watching the SB from home,all these Pats fans we all see will dissapear.

hardwork
05-27-2005, 08:44 PM
You don't have to kiss our ass, but it always pays to let the big dog eat.

:)

clevestinks
05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Cleve, don't make me have to come out there and kick your ass.[/QUOTE]

Please, Please, Please, I would love you to kick my ass! I`m available , we need to ste a time and place! Whats good for you! This is frigging awesome! :bouncy:

hardwork
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok. You get me tickets at ketchup field for the Patriots game, and after the Pats are through kicking the Steelers ass, I'll drop by and kill the second bird with the same stone.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2005, 12:11 AM
dont ya just love keyboard tuff guys? :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
05-28-2005, 03:11 AM
I put up with Patriot fans all the time. They don't say a thing until they win. Then it's like they come out of every corner. But they been a fan their whole lives! I have never seen anyone where Pats stuff up here in Maine until they won the SB. Now everyone is a fan!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok. You get me tickets at ketchup field for the Patriots game, and after the Pats are through kicking the Steelers ass, I'll drop by and kill the second bird with the same stone.

There won't be any ass-kicking of the Steelers.The Pat's run is done,accept it.

You'll soon find out that Bellicheck isn't the genious he was made out to be,it was all Crenell and Weiss.

We play at "ketchup field" you play at "shaving cream stadium".Wow...a whole lot better.

bigbensgirl7
05-28-2005, 12:18 PM
First of all I've been going to Patriot games since they were playing at BU, Harvard, and Fenway Park.

One game at a time. One play at a time. That's our method, and we're sticking to it.

Ok HW...1st off...maybe you have been going to games for a while, but you can not honestly sit there and act like you have had this wonderful fan base. You guys couldn't even sell out your stadium 5 yrs. ago...so don't sit there and talk to Steeler fans like you guys are faithful to your team because we all know that is BS!!!

2nd....say that to me in 2 yrs when you guys don't win another championship. Come on...that is just stupidity and you know it. In 10 years (even if you win another SB) your team of the 2000s will never even compare to the Steelers of the 70s and we all know that.

3rd...your full of crap to sit there and say that you guys don't go into the year thinking your going to be on top again. You have talked enough crap, but I hear this shit from all you so called fans...and I have to say that your "fans" are some of the worst in the game. They weren't there through the bad times and now they can't talk enough shit...look at you, you spend more time in a Steelers MB than most of the members here. Get a life and well I predict when you don't make it, you won't be able to handel it and we will never hear from you again....if we do, you won't be talking about the present you will be talking about the past (and well, as you have pointed out to us... that doesn't matter)

Oh yah...and at least we love our Steelers and go in with a positive attitude year after year...and no matter what happens we will ALWAYS be there showing pride wearing the black and gold and supporting our guys!!!

clevestinks
05-28-2005, 02:01 PM
BBG7 great takes, its nice to see that a Steelers Girl Fan knows more than a Pats panty waiste. I really don`t know why we waste our breath on sissiy boy anyway! He is a worhtless piece of crap. Even other Pats fans don`t like him, thats so obvious, or he would be on thier forum with the rest of them. But he is here trying to stir the pot, wrong forum for your bullshit HW.

Hardwork= well respected on other threads
Hardwork= low life piece of crap, that wants to be a Steelers fan in the worst way. Oh yah if and when the Steelers win the ring again, I`m sure he`ll being jumping on our bandwagon

ironcitychef
05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Man its one thing to get shot down hard by us guys, but don't get the ladies fired up in the balst furnace too. I wish I could give a rep boost to all the ladies at once.

bigbensgirl7
05-29-2005, 10:56 AM
ICC...I love the blast furnace...I just wish there were more topics in here...one of my fave things to do is debate football...and well, when talking about the Steelers, it doesn't take much to get me going.

Steelerfan wrote:
"I put up with Patriot fans all the time. They don't say a thing until they win. Then it's like they come out of every corner. But they been a fan their whole lives! I have never seen anyone where Pats stuff up here in Maine until they won the SB. Now everyone is a fan!"

I couldn't agree more, and the sad thing is that these Patsy fans I come across don't know shit about their team or football. Most of them know one thing and that is Brady is their QB. And what pisses me off the most is when they beat us in the playoffs, they were all up in my face laughing, and talking trash. But you know when we beat them, they didn't say one word, not to mention, these are the same guys I had to explain playoff scenerios and stuff about about their own team. Being a Steeler fan...I know where we stand at all times, and no one has to explain anything about them, unless we have a different point of view about an aspect of the team.

The Steelers fans are the best, and if it wasn't for us and a few other great fan bases around the league...the NFL wouldn't be what it is today!!!! So you Patsy fans ought to thank us for that!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2005, 11:07 AM
You're exactly right girl.. and dont they sound alot like clowns fans? I mean every time we beat them, they cry the blues, but wont say a word to us, or even congratulate us on the win to be good sports...but when they steal one from us.. oh man, u'd think they just won the super bowl! Just consider the source. :boxing:

bigbensgirl7
05-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh I know Blitz...however, the Clown fans around here are a little smart about what they say. Before the game, they will say stuff like I know you guys are going to kick our ass...ect! So when we win, we can't really say much, but hell if they pull an upset out of their ass...it's on...my phone rings off the hook with these Clowns. Now the Bungal fans around here are much like the Patsies, they talk enough shit before the game that you can kindof chuckle when they are proven wrong. But that only goes for the people I know here in Dayton, OH (I have heard different about the Clown fans in Cleveland) But you know, I never take offense to it...because those guys are all just jealous of us Steelers fans! Who wouldn't be???

clevestinks
05-29-2005, 11:59 AM
I have a classic line from brownies fan:

Evry year we go to the Steelers brownies game in cleveburgh! And there is always some drunkin brownies fans after the game yelling at us " Steelers Suck" this is after another as whoopin from us! My question is to them, " If we suck what do you call yourself since we totally own yinz?"

bigbensgirl7
05-29-2005, 12:18 PM
That's funny...when I go to the Bengal games vs. the Steelers...I get similar thing. 1st off I would say that it is at least 40% Steelers fans, and they are all chanting "Here we go Steelers, here we go" Then after we win...I hear "here we go Bengals, here we go" I just laugh because usually when we are in Cincy...we are are close if not already in the playoffs and they are destined for another year of watching the post season at home...and all I can say is where are you going...home to watch us in the playoffs. It gets pretty bad at those games, but the last time I went to Cleveland to watch a game, I was about 10 or so and went with my dad. We somehow got tickets in the dog pound and well those mature grown dogs were spitting on us when we won. Shows what class they have there in Cleveland. That was the last time we went. I would love to go now, and think I will this year. At least now I can defend myself!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-29-2005, 06:42 PM
That's funny...when I go to the Bengal games vs. the Steelers...I get similar thing. 1st off I would say that it is at least 40% Steelers fans, and they are all chanting "Here we go Steelers, here we go" Then after we win...I hear "here we go Bengals, here we go" I just laugh because usually when we are in Cincy...we are are close if not already in the playoffs and they are destined for another year of watching the post season at home...and all I can say is where are you going...home to watch us in the playoffs. It gets pretty bad at those games, but the last time I went to Cleveland to watch a game, I was about 10 or so and went with my dad. We somehow got tickets in the dog pound and well those mature grown dogs were spitting on us when we won. Shows what class they have there in Cleveland. That was the last time we went. I would love to go now, and think I will this year. At least now I can defend myself!!!

Browns fans in Cleveland suck,take it from someone who lives here.

They talk massive loads of shit,poor losers,even poorer winners (the few times they win).They want all the good Browns history (Jim Brown,the NFL Championships,Bernie Kosar,and whatever other good history they have) but the bad stuff (The Drive,and all the other bad shit that has happened to them) has moved to Baltimore and this is the New Browns (which isn't anything to be proud of).Basicly,they want the good without the bad,and I tell them they can't have both.

I have been assaulted simply for wearing Steelers gear.When I was little,if the Browns won I got shit from my step-dad and brother until the Steelers won...but if the Steelers won and I said one thing to either of them,I got grounded.

Just last week I had some idiot Browns fan throw a handful of mud at me when I was walking home,he missed by over a foot.Then the asshat started barking at me.I just said,"all bark and no bite,just like your team".

And with the problems I have been having with my family (and now new problems arising with my "friends") I am seriously considering moving to the Pittsburgh area and just ex-communicating myself from my "friends" and possibly my family.

bigbensgirl7
05-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Roeth. Yah, my best friend moved to Cleveland and she is now a Steeler fan (eventhough she doesn't know squat about football) just because the people and the city are so nasty. Her boyfriend took her to a baseball game there and saw a guy tell his son to run and jump on this guy because he was wearing a Steeler shirt. So the kid ran up from behind and wrapped his arms around the guy and wouldn't let go. I mean come up...what losers! Well Roeth I hope everything gets better for you...and to all the Steeler fans in Cleveland...GOOD LUCK!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-30-2005, 02:19 AM
Browns fans in Cleveland suck,take it from someone who lives here.

They talk massive loads of shit,poor losers,even poorer winners (the few times they win).They want all the good Browns history (Jim Brown,the NFL Championships,Bernie Kosar,and whatever other good history they have) but the bad stuff (The Drive,and all the other bad shit that has happened to them) has moved to Baltimore and this is the New Browns (which isn't anything to be proud of).Basicly,they want the good without the bad,and I tell them they can't have both.

I have been assaulted simply for wearing Steelers gear.When I was little,if the Browns won I got shit from my step-dad and brother until the Steelers won...but if the Steelers won and I said one thing to either of them,I got grounded.

Just last week I had some idiot Browns fan throw a handful of mud at me when I was walking home,he missed by over a foot.Then the asshat started barking at me.I just said,"all bark and no bite,just like your team".

And with the problems I have been having with my family (and now new problems arising with my "friends") I am seriously considering moving to the Pittsburgh area and just ex-communicating myself from my "friends" and possibly my family.

I hear ya on that getting assaulted thing.. same thing happens to me everytime we go to ratbird stadium to see our Steelers get it on w/ the tards in purple! We damn near get ourselves thrown out of the stadium every time we go! And not by our own doing.. hey, we dont start anything, we mind out own business and talk amongst ourselves, and cheer for the boys.. but when somebody gets in our faces about it, we sure dont back down!! :boxing: And hell, thats before the game even starts, on the train into the stadium! :rolleyes:

clevestinks
05-30-2005, 08:21 AM
It just kills me here in Ohio. The Cleve sports teams year after year are the biggest dissappoitments. And I love it!!Just since I `ve been alive, Steelers 4 Superbowl rings, brownies 0. Pirates 2 World Series Pennants, Indians 0, Penguins 2 Stanley Cups, Cavs 0.

Even the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Sucks. Cleveland Sucks, Cleveland Sucks!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2005, 11:22 AM
The only Cleveland teams I root for are the Force (Major Indoor Soccer League) and the Cavs (NBA,duh).

My favorite NFL team is the Steelers (duh) and my favorite NHL team is the Penguins.

I like baseball,but I'm not a fanatic about it like I am football.The Indians are okay,I'll watch and go to some games.If I were to say I am a fan of any team,it would be the Yankees.Partially to piss off my step-dad,partly because I like how they played as a team in the early 90's,no big superstars.In the NL my team has always been the Pirates.

But living in Cleveland as a fan of Pittsburgh isn't safe.So yeah,I'll probally move to Pittsburgh by the time I turn 25.I won't eb too far away from Cleveland to visit my family and friends...and vice-versa.

ironcitychef
05-30-2005, 12:35 PM
What I love is had they taken the money for the R&RHOF, they probably could have worked a deal to keep the original Browns in town. Uh...sold games every Sunday or a replica of Elton John's Duck suit behind Plexiglass?