PDA

View Full Version : Barnett hits back at Rodgers as Packers picture controversy continues

Atlanta Dan
01-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Looks like the Packers are learning there is no such thing as a minor off the field distraction as far as the media is concerned during the run up to the Super Bowl:chuckle:

Just when we thought we were out of the Packers Super Bowl team picture controversy, the Packers pull us back in.

To review: Packers linebacker Nick Barnett said he was disappointed that, as a player on injured reserve, he wouldn’t be in the team photo. The Packers said, tough luck. Barnett kept complaining. Then the Packers reversed course and said injured players could be in the photo. Then Packers coach Mike McCarthy said everyone had overreacted to the whole story. Then Barnett said he wished he’d kept his mouth shut. Then Aaron Rodgers took a shot at Barnett by noting that he hadn’t stayed in Green Bay to rehab his injury with the team during the season.

And now Barnett has taken to Twitter to hit back at Rodgers.

“Well looks like people have something to say about where some people choose to do there rehab.. Try rehabing with 16 others then 53 more,” Barnett tweeted, referring to the 16 Packers on injured reserve and the 53 on the active roster. “Doubt you get the full attention needed.. It’s easy to speak about others when you are not in their position.. Talk about ‘union’ ha.”

Barnett later thought better of those tweets and deleted them, but as Matt Hasselbeck discovered this week, once you put something on Twitter there’s really no deleting it.

After deleting the tweets aimed at Rodgers, Barnett tried his best to put the toothpaste back in the tube with a series of conciliatory tweets.

“Forget it… Anyways god bless,” Barnett tweeted. “Goodbye twitter… It was fun while it lasted.. But we need to focus on important things.. Before I delete this page just wanted to say I was never trying to be a distration… I am packer have been one for 8 going on 9 years. I love this team this city.. All I wanted to be is included as a teammate nothing more.. Looks like it has back fired on me.. I guess. That was asking too much… Sorry if I offended anyone.. That was not my intention.. Never that.”

And with that, Barnett seems to be done tweeting. The Packers will now hope that what should have been a very minor story doesn’t devolve into sniping among teammates during Super Bowl week. And the union will hope that the inability of its members to refrain from ripping each other on Twitter won’t keep them from showing some unity as they negotiate with the owners during the looming labor battle.

:popcorn:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/29/barnett-hits-back-at-rodgers-as-packers-picture-controversy-continues/

I am for anything that takes a minute away from the Packers focus on the game

Hopefully Tomlin has told the Steelers no tweeting until after February 6

El Nino
01-29-2011, 06:04 PM
awesome, perfect timing for a team meltdown :thumbsup:

SteelHaven
01-29-2011, 06:18 PM
awesome, perfect timing for a team meltdown :thumbsup:

But Its the unstoppable Packers, remember?:wink02:

El Nino
01-29-2011, 06:24 PM
But Its the unstoppable Packers, remember?:wink02:

but.. but.. but.. you guys won't have pouncey! automatic loss!

Packerstud
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
If this is the only thing to splash the media ocean of the Super Bowl I won't sweat it. We still have 9 days to go and hopefully this will teach the Packers to STFU.

43Hitman
01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
If this is the only thing to splash the media ocean of the Super Bowl I won't sweat it. We still have 9 days to go and hopefully this will teach the Packers to STFU.

I was wondering if you Packer fans were concerned with the fact that you guys didn't practice or get the game plan until yesterday? The Steelers have been practicing theirs since Wednesday for reference.

El Nino
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if you Packer fans were concerned with the fact that you guys didn't practice or get the game plan until yesterday? The Steelers have been practicing theirs since Wednesday for reference.

they have rodgers, they don't need to practice :chuckle:

practice???
frsId3goYYE

SteelHaven
01-29-2011, 06:33 PM
but.. but.. but.. you guys won't have pouncey! automatic loss!

Packers also have Tom Brady's clone at qb. Steelers shouldn't bother showing up:sofunny:

FanSince72
01-29-2011, 06:33 PM

http://www.sycaonline.org/images/ce1.jpg

El Nino
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Packers also have Tom Brady's clone at qb. Steelers shouldn't bother showing up:sofunny:

and BJ raji is the next levon kirkland and bruce smith at the same time! we're doomed i tell you

Packerstud
01-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Thats the same thing I was picking on Atlanta for. We were practicing and they weren't. It's big talk amongst Packer fans.

SteelHaven
01-29-2011, 06:45 PM
and BJ raji is the next levon kirkland and bruce smith at the same time! we're doomed i tell you

Raji is Ngata,Fridge Perry, Kirkland, and Smith all in one. Amazing what modern technology can do.

They were game planing in a secret getaway called cloud 9 .:wave:

43Hitman
01-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Thats the same thing I was picking on Atlanta for. We were practicing and they weren't. It's big talk amongst Packer fans.

I think it's a legitimate concern, I know if the Steelers were resting on their laurels before a game like this, I'd be calling the FO for sure! lol Another thing I was wondering, how do you feel when you here your team saying it hasn't hit them yet? And I've heard a few saying they won't believe it until they take the field. I can just tell you that Ben and some other players said a lot of the same shit right before their first SB, and some played very nervous and it showed.

Packerstud
01-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I think it's a legitimate concern, I know if the Steelers were resting on their laurels before a game like this, I'd be calling the FO for sure! lol Another thing I was wondering, how do you feel when you here your team saying it hasn't hit them yet? And I've heard a few saying they won't believe it until they take the field. I can just tell you that Ben and some other players said a lot of the same shit right before their first SB, and some played very nervous and it showed.

Again a big concern. From Coach on down the inexperience is showing. But theres only one way to get experience. I just wish we "Packers" were handling it better.

4xSBChamps
01-29-2011, 07:24 PM

at-least the Packers don't have Revis & Cromartie

OX1947
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
My god, what the hell is this? Its 2011, photoshop the damn pic. Whatta bunch of hairy high school cry baby crap....

fer522
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
My god, what the hell is this? Its 2011, photoshop the damn pic. Whatta bunch of hairy high school cry baby crap....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aussie Steeler
01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Drama drama. Word. Can't wait for the SB one more week :)

GBpack2010
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Barnett is a crybaby.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I am for anything that takes a minute away from the Packers focus on the game

nope. theyre still tweeting away (perhaps theyre just more equipped to practice self contol when it comes to what they say)-

» LaMarrWoodley Pharaoh Woodley
I can tell u this much-us @steelers would never be tweeting jabs at each other.. over a team picture issue especially LOL

david johnson is posting pictures of his pit bull pups- hulk and steel.

and finally we have this bombshell of bulletin board material from troy polamalu-

tpolamalu Troy Polamalu
Hope everyone had a great day,

:jawdrop:

:chuckle:

MACH1
01-30-2011, 02:27 AM

Already planning that trip to the White house ehh.

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Already planning that trip to the White house ehh.

it's already in the bag, remember? :wink02:

:tt02:

El Nino
01-30-2011, 03:00 AM
it's already in the bag, remember? :wink02:

:tt02:

call the front office, this game's over. tell our guys not to bother and just stay home already :(

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 03:06 AM
call the front office, this game's over. tell our guys not to bother and just stay home already :(

I heard our guys are having a super bowl party at Big Snacks house to watch the big game- Packers playing with themselves.. Ben is also bringing the dip. :thmbup:

frunko1
01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Didn't want to start another thread but finley is also pissed

The Green Bay Packers team picture controversy is still not going away, as tight end Jermichael Finley has now joined linebacker Nick Barnett in taking to Twitter to say quarterback Aaron Rodgers was wrong to criticize injured players who didn’t rehabilitate in Green Bay.

Immediately after Barnett hit back at Rodgers on Twitter, Finley weighed in with a tweet of his own, siding with Barnett: “@NickBarnett TRUE FACTS RIGHT THERE.”

A few hours later Finley added, “For my followers that want to know why im rehabbing in AZ, bc I get the top of the line training. Its YOTTO folks. Think before y’all speak. Fans listen, I love u all, and have been working my tail off 5 hrs a day since I have arrived in Arizona. I love the packers. Everyone in the NFL knows that this is a business and if I don’t take care of my body to be Best player than I can be, then I won’t even be around to win a Super Bowl in the future. I’m a packer for life, AROD is my guy!”

It’s amazing that something as seemingly trivial as a team picture has become a source of such controversy this week, but these are the things that happen during the week off before the Super Bowl. And every player on the Packers needs to know that every word he speaks (or tweets) on the subject will be amplified by the thousands of members of the NFL media who don’t have much else to write about this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/29/more-packer-photo-fallout-jermichael-finley-responds-to-rodgers/

plenewken
01-30-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm not sure they have PCs out there though ............:noidea:

JCPsteelers
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM
LOL at the packers meltdown.

Stlrs4Life
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
All of this is non relevant. The Packers will be ready, just like we will be ready for them.

acidburn517
01-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I heard our guys are having a super bowl party at Big Snacks house to watch the big game- Packers playing with themselves.. Ben is also bringing the dip. :thmbup:

Yup. Ryan said as much in an interview with USA today...

“We’re just going to give up… They’re better than us at every position. So we decided to go to Dallas and buy the tickets and sit in the stands and watch them scrimmage. So, that way, the two best teams [will play].”
— Steelers safety Ryan Clark joked Wednesday about being the underdogs

:applaudit:

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Were not melting down. This is childish among our players. Hopefully we will be ready for you guys.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
teams usually dont melt down during superbowl week. it typically after kickoff when the pressure is at its greatest.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
teams usually dont melt down during superbowl week. it typically after kickoff when the pressure is at its greatest.

I hope it's the Steelers melting down then and not us lol. You guys have the experience though and we dont so I worry about that alot. Rodgers first time in the big game so we need him to not have any pressure on him and play loose.

acidburn517
01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Watching superbowl XL on NFL network now. Ben was playing nervous all through the first half. It took him forever to settle down. GOod playcalling by Cowher to get him to be a bit more confident.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Watching superbowl XL on NFL network now. Ben was playing nervous all through the first half. It took him forever to settle down. GOod playcalling by Cowher to get him to be a bit more confident.

I just hope Rodgers doesn't have the jitters in this game and plays nervous. I know you guys want that to happen but that will be interesting to see what Rodgers shows up.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Usually true - the blowouts usually come when a team falls behind and you get a cascading series of screw ups

But then again, there were the 1998 Atlanta Falcons, in one of my all time favorite examples of how fans have no idea what they are buying into when it is claimed some of these guys are role models

Hours after being presented the Bart Starr Award from Athletes in Action on the day before Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami, Falcons safety Eugene Robinson, he of "high moral character," was arrested for trying to pay for oral sex from a prostitute. Unfortunately, the prostitute was an undercover officer, and Robinson had to be bailed out of jail by Atlanta's GM. Robinson, widely admired for his charitable work, had said of himself, "It's my personality to reach out to the community." Um, wrong thing to reach out, Eugene.

Falcons coach Dan Reeves defended Robinson -- in a way. "Unfortunately, even as Christians, we do things wrong," Reeves said. "We're all sinners."

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/superbowl/sex.html

Broncos blew out the Falcons 34 - 19

While publicly the Falcon players maintained Robinson's pre-game arrest was not a distraction, privately they said different. Those interviewed said the morning of the game was very tense, and all the talk was about Robinson.

''Instead of getting mentally ready for the Broncos,'' another Falcon player said, ''we were talking about Eugene. The Broncos beat us, but anyone who says what happened to Eugene was not a factor is lying.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9901EFD61238F931A35751C0A96F9582 60

So both teams need to make sure to check references before they pay to play (can you imagine the media firestorm if Ben got caught with a hooker this week?)

LVSteelersfan
01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Don't worry. The Steeler's defense will have a lot to do with Rodger's nerves. They will take advantage of those early game jitters and get out to a sizeable lead. But, the Steelers are famous for letting teams come back on them after they get a lead. So they will make the game too close for comfort for Steelers fans.

I just hope Rodgers doesn't have the jitters in this game and plays nervous. I know you guys want that to happen but that will be interesting to see what Rodgers shows up.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't worry. The Steeler's defense will have a lot to do with Rodger's nerves. They will take advantage of those early game jitters and get out to a sizeable lead. But, the Steelers are famous for letting teams come back on them after they get a lead. So they will make the game too close for comfort for Steelers fans.

I don't think the Steelers will get out to a big lead. I can see this game being close all throughout the game.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 02:29 PM
So both teams need to make sure to check references before they pay to play (can you imagine the media firestorm if Ben got caught with a hooker this week?)

:doh: your tongue should be removed and burnt at the stake for speaking such blasphemy.

ben would be shot on site. :chuckle:

on the same topic, it has been real interresting listening to rich gannon last week about this particular type of situation.

sure gruden had their playbook and the sb was played a week after the champ games (due to 9-11 shortening the season by a week) but he said the barret robbins situation sent shockwaves through the team when he skipped the final walk thru and was found blabbering and drooling in a bar.

El Nino
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM
now we just need the packers to disrespect the terrible towel and we got this in the bag

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Hope the teams have safe travels to Dallas. Looks like a huge snowstorm is going to affect areas from Colorado all the way to the East coast with an inch of ice and 6-12 inches of snow.

El Nino
01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Hope the teams have safe travels to Dallas. Looks like a huge snowstorm is going to affect areas from Colorado all the way to the East coast with an inch of ice and 6-12 inches of snow.

would be awesome if the cold front gets pushed to dallas and we play this in the snow :D

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM

You gotta admit this week has not been good for the Packers. . You can't say the media is blowing this out of proportion, teammates are actually calling eachother out on twitter. McCarthy not only has the game to worry about but now he has put his energy toward fixing the silliness.

Packers have been a good story all season over-coming injury and late season elimination to get here. Usually teams that have internal problems don't overcome what they had been through.. so it makes me wonder.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-30-2011, 04:37 PM
would be awesome if the cold front gets pushed to dallas and we play this in the snow :D

I agree. Steelers/Packers in the snow would be awesome. Too bad the roof will be closed if I'm remembering correctly.

Curdoisseur
01-30-2011, 04:42 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if this is a cooked up intentional distraction to preoccupy the media. This is the team that hired Ari Fleischer during the Favre fiasco, after all. Nothing like having the media preoccupied on a story that has no real bearing on team chemistry (I guarantee that none of the players are diverting their mental energy from preparing for the game over to worrying about IR guys in the team photo).

If you think this issue is causing some kind of team meltdown or internal strife, you're fooling yourselves.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 04:49 PM
are you suggesting the packers intentionally cooked this up to distract the media?

lol. thats a great gameplan they have formulated against the media. :rolleyes:

you just hope their game against the steelers doesnt suck as bad.

(they are finally working on a gameplan for the steelers arent they? or are they still scripting the first 15 answers on media day?)

43Hitman
01-30-2011, 04:52 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if this is a cooked up intentional distraction to preoccupy the media.

:rofl:Who's fooling themselves exactly here? :toofunny:

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I heard the dome is going to be closed for the game though. So if it does snow it will be closed anyway.

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
If you think this issue is causing some kind of team meltdown or internal strife, you're fooling yourselves.

Rodgers has since taken time out to personally called Barnett and clear things up...time I'm sure he could have used to focus more on the game. I wouldn't say meltdown or internal strife, but there is definitely a distraction factor there, no matter what you insist on telling yourself.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Rodgers has since taken time out to personally called Barnett and clear things up...time I'm sure he could have used to focus more on the game. I wouldn't say meltdown or internal strife, but there is definitely a distraction factor there, no matter what you insist on telling yourself.

Im sure he did that to make sure the distraction goes away. It isn't a distraction at all.

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Keep telling yourself that. He even had time yesterday to be interviewed by Sal Paolantonio about the issue.

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Super Bowl week, "media week" is the week of distractions, toughest week to focus on a game. this is also a hard since everyone has to worry about flying their family and friends to the game. This is probably the reason that the Steelers put their game plan together earlier in the week.

Woodson should have focused on the game last week and made White House arragements this week :pig:

SteelCityMom
01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Im sure he did that to make sure the distraction goes away. It isn't a distraction at all.

It may not seem like it would be much of a distraction (and it probably shouldn't be...seems like small potatoes to me), but media week leading up to the Superbowl (no they really haven't even gotten a taste of it yet) is brutal enough without adding any kind of a story to it. They will literally be hounded by it multiple times daily.

I'm not saying that it will affect their play...but for those that have been there before (the more recent the better, these assclowns seem to get worse every year), it helps to know that giving safe, wooden responses to any questions after the initial playoffs are over is the best way to go. You don't want to give them anything to hound you and distract you with.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Keep telling yourself that. He even had time yesterday to be interviewed by Sal Paolantonio about the issue.

We won't let it be an issue. We have to go out and play the game. It isnt an issue man.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
It may not seem like it would be much of a distraction (and it probably shouldn't be...seems like small potatoes to me), but media week leading up to the Superbowl (no they really haven't even gotten a taste of it yet) is brutal enough without adding any kind of a story to it. They will literally be hounded by it multiple times daily.

I'm not saying that it will affect their play...but for those that have been there before (the more recent the better, these assclowns seem to get worse every year), it helps to know that giving safe, wooden responses to any questions after the initial playoffs are over is the best way to go. You don't want to give them anything to hound you and distract you with.

Yeah the media is horrible that way.

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
We won't let it be an issue. We have to go out and play the game. It isnt an issue man.

If you say so, we'll see. Woodley even said that something like that would NEVER happen amongst the Steelers because they are such a tightly-knit family.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM

If he did it to make the distraction go away, then it must have been a distraction in the first place. lol

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
If you say so, we'll see. Woodley even said that something like that would NEVER happen amongst the Steelers because they are such a tightly-knit family.

I think we are too. There is no doubt in my mind this Packers team is like family.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
If he did it to make the distraction go away, then it must have been a distraction in the first place. lol

You guys think it is to our team but we don't think it is. We have been dealing with distractions all year like 15 guys on IR and overcame it. We will overcome this too.

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 05:55 PM
You guys think it is to our team but we don't think it is. We have been dealing with distractions all year like 15 guys on IR and overcame it. We will overcome this too.

His point was that you clearly acknowledged that it is a distraction, then go on to say it isn't, contradicting yourself.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2011, 05:55 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if this is a cooked up intentional distraction to preoccupy the media.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/ColonelFlaggasPackerfan.jpg

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
His point was that you clearly acknowledged that it is a distraction, then go on to say it isn't, contradicting yourself.

Just let it go. It seems like you guys are intent on arguing about it.

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Just let it go. It seems like you guys are intent on arguing about it.

If you don't like listening to it then leave this thread and go to another. The whole point of this thread is that topic, and that's what's going to be discussed in here.

SteelKnight
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
they have rodgers, they don't need to practice :chuckle:

practice???
frsId3goYYE

Funny. When the .5 came up, I couldn't stop laughing. Good memory. That one, "Playoffs?" by Mora and "They are who we thought they were" by Green will live forever. If the bears had won the SB that "Crown their ass" would have been playing on an endless loop through the parade. lol

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
If you don't like listening to it then leave this thread and go to another. The whole point of this thread is that topic, and that's what's going to be discussed in here.

I dont want any trouble with you guys or arguments. Just here to discuss the game not get in any wars.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 06:11 PM

Barnett is the one making a big deal about it. Us fans dont care.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I dont want any trouble with you guys or arguments. Just here to discuss the game not get in any wars.

PEACE guys! I wasn't arguing about it when I posted the reply. I was just pointing out the phrase contradicted itself and it was humorous. Hence the LOL.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Barnett is the one making a big deal about it. Us fans dont care.

ummm .. Barnett is a member of the team, the fans are not - if Barnett cares and your franchise QB cares enough to return fire that is what makes it a potential distraction, not whether the all important fans care

I agree it is a nothing burger, but nevertheless these are the kind of things that happen when it is a team's first trip to the main event

Curdoisseur
01-30-2011, 06:55 PM
As for having the game plan installed, I'm sure they have about 90% of it installed. I heard one previous SB coach mention that it's good to have some new material to go over in that final week or it seems to take forever - better to give the players something to focus on.

BlackNGoldBearer
01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Funny, I was just channel surfing and put it on Fox news. The topic was how "drama" was brewing and still going on about this photo shoot fiasco for the Packers. Looks like the media's not gonna let this go. The talking heads were giggling about it. Oh my, those pre-SB jitters!

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 08:37 PM

Its not that at all and believe me we hold your team in high regards.. It's that we think right now your team is painting themselves in a corner with the distractions. Maybe it won't affect their play on the field.. but certainly it does not help the Pack in their preperation leading up to the game.

saveus1011
01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
If I'm a Pack fan, I'm not so much worried about PhotoGate as I am the lack of preparation this week. There's different approaches sure, but to ignore practice?

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
If I'm a Pack fan, I'm not so much worried about PhotoGate as I am the lack of preparation this week. There's different approaches sure, but to ignore practice?

McCarthy's philosophy this week is not to over prepare and while perhaps it's not a bad idea- I don't think the Pack are mentally prepared for the game. This could back fire for them big time. They are counting on just showing up

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 10:12 PM
McCarthy's philosophy this week is not to over prepare and while perhaps it's not a bad idea- I don't think the Pack are mentally prepared for the game. This could back fire for them big time. They are counting on just showing up

Trust me were not thinking that way.

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
The media makes a huge deal of stuff like this. We can easily brush this off. I notice after the Packers victory over the Bears they dont say anything but show Lebron James highlights and Heat highlights. I really think they hate the Packers for whatever reason.

SteelHaven
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
The media makes a huge deal of stuff like this. We can easily brush this off. I notice after the Packers victory over the Bears they dont say anything but show Lebron James highlights and Heat highlights. I really think they hate the Packers for whatever reason.

Packer fans are now hanging on to Lebron James to save them... sorry but that was priceless :joker:

Packers want to brush it off but us Steelers fans don't wanna see it that way.. You do realize we want to catch up to Green Bay's 12 Championships? Anything that helps us to our 7th world title

GBpack2010
01-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Packer fans are now hanging on to Lebron James to save them... sorry but that was priceless :joker:

Packers want to brush it off but us Steelers fans don't wanna see it that way.. You do realize we want to catch up to Green Bay's 12 Championships? Anything that helps us to our 7th world title

Well lets hope we can get 13 next week lol.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2011, 11:13 PM

watched the "America's Game" of the Steelers XLIII win over the Cardinals.

Tomlin woke up in the middle of the night, to watch the film of practice, and make a cut up of the interceptions in practice because it bothered him that the guys weren't swarming to the ball and setting up a convoy for the guy that got the turnover....

how did that work out?

99 yards later and a James Harrison half ending TD...that's how.

I hope Mike has another "vision" this week. For some "weakness" he sees in our team to get them focussed on what it will take to win the game. I smell...special teams play being huge this year. we've yet to make a great Special Teams play in the previous 2 Super Bowls.

saveus1011
01-31-2011, 12:18 AM

There's the point of over-preparing, and then there's the point of just hoping it all falls into place.

I agree with Packer fans; the whole photo thing is blown out of proportion.