PDA

View Full Version : Canceled my subscription to SI

zulater
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html

Talk about yellow jounalsim, :mad:and you just know these bastards will be using a Steeler Super bowl win to boost subscriptions with one of those package offers, with the book, video, football etc..., well screw them, I told them I cancelled my subscription as of now! .

zulater
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

I also sent Ms. Killion a link to this article by a real columnist.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I never read that Jason Whitlock article (surprisingly, with how much time I invested in defending Ben on various other sports forums), but that was an EXCELLENT READ. I just gained a newfound respect for the man (Whitlock, not Ben)...

El Nino
01-29-2011, 07:47 PM
ms. killion is just hating, what a stupid bitch

fer522
01-29-2011, 08:02 PM
ms. killion is just hating, what a stupid bitch

i could not have said it any better :thumbsup:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Look at her picture....is it any small wonder that she got "nauseated" by the thought of a girl getting some from a famous celebrity? WIth that mug, I bet about the only romantic experiences she has had with a man required her to provide her credit card number first...if she even likes guys. That article smacked of FemiNazism....

Atlanta Dan
01-29-2011, 08:18 PM
The media is going to continue to beat this drum and I assume we will get some protests on media day and at the game

Killion claims she is worried we all will "forget" about this - what she is worried about is that like most things in life almost everyone has made up their mind on Ben months ago and moved on

Killion wanted him indicted - he wasn't because the DA was quoted as recently as last week as saying there was no way he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt a crime was committed

She seems puzzled why Vick went to jail (I was waiting for her to recite the party line of Vick supporters that "it's just dogs") and Ben did not, indicating a lack of familiarity with the need for a criminal conviction and proof beyond a reasonable doubt before you do time

She apparently wanted Goodell to whack Ben with a harsher penalty,while seeming oblivious to the fact that no player had ever before been suspended for any length of time previously without a positive drug test or at least an arrest

It comes down to this statement from her - "Guess your perspective all depends on what prism you're looking through" - my bet is Killion's prism caused her to scream for the Duke lacrosse players to be lynched back in 2006 as well

If she does not want to root for #7 more power to her, but I am not going to waste my time sending her an e-mail trying to explain why I can still cheer for the Steelers
while not condoning Roethlisberger's behavior.

For anyone expecting Ms. Killion to get off her moral high horse in response to any rebuttal evidence, keep in mind this maxim attributed to Robert Heinlein - "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

fer522
01-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Look at her picture....is it any small wonder that she got "nauseated" by the thought of a girl getting some from a famous celebrity? WIth that mug, I bet about the only romantic experiences she has had with a man required her to provide her credit card number first...if she even likes guys. That article smacked of FemiNazism....

LMFAO :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

24seven
01-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I just renewed my subscription.. 0.o

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2011/0131_large.jpg

USWSteel
01-29-2011, 11:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html

Talk about yellow jounalsim, :mad:and you just know these bastards will be using a Steeler Super bowl win to boost subscriptions with one of those package offers, with the book, video, football etc..., well screw them, I told them I cancelled my subscription as of now! .

Want some cheese with that whine ? They will surely miss your $29.99. Why do people on this board get so bend out of shape about this ? If it was you that was accused of the same things do you think he would give a shit ? People might not see him the same way as you do with the homers can do anything wrong thinking. You can deny that he did nothing wrong but you dont know for sure ? What about OJ ? Do you think he is innocent ? I think he was guilty as hell but he was a free man for awhile... Karma its a bitch !

You people that keep cutting down the "victims" are amazing also, ****s an gold diggers, you dont know those people any better than you know Ben but you pass judgement on them with not even a second thought. :blah::blah::blah:

Dont forget all the civil trial drama coming this summer ! What subscriptions are you going to cancel then ?

USWSteel
01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

I also sent Ms. Killion a link to this article by a real columnist.

This is a quote from your so called "real article" , if you think that this guy is doing Ben any favors maybe you should re-read ...

"PacBen is no different from Pacman. They run with dumb posses. I don't know Goodell's reasoning for the length of Ben's suspension. But the commissioner should've hammered Ben for his "security" staff. Allegedly, Ben's bodyguards kept the bathroom safe from intruders while Ben attempted to or did make "love in this club."

Think about it. Ben basically hired men to hand him KY Jelly and condoms and stand guard while he had public sex. His instructions should've been this:

"Guys, if I get liquored up tonight and try to bang one of these girls, tackle me, drag me to the car, take me to my hotel, guard the door and make sure no one gets into the room with me while I'm drunk."

The accuser's sorority sisters were smarter and more mature than Ben's "bodyguards."

That should've served as the basis of Goodell's suspension. "

If you think this paints the Steelers franchise Qb out to be a great guy you are delusional !!!!

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Dont forget all the civil trial drama coming this summer ! What subscriptions are you going to cancel then ?

they'll probably just cancel you. the ignore feature is a great way to get rid of trash and the best thing is its free!

El Nino
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM
they'll probably just cancel you. the ignore feature is a great way to get rid of trash and the best thing is its free!

does that guy ever have anything that's not anti-steelers to say. dude should just come clean and admit he's a ravens fan

StainlessStill
01-30-2011, 12:23 AM
And he's damn obnoxious, writing his words all bold, big and shit. Damn dude. Always one pain in the ass somewhere.:coffee:

StainlessStill
01-30-2011, 12:50 AM

How was this article ANY different than what we had to put up with for weeks, months when it first happened? What's the point? To remind us? Look, the guy did his time, wasn't charged, was suspended, lots a ton of cash, changed and moved on. Stupid bitch's just can't get over the fact that there's two sides to every story. It's comforting to know everyone is so quick to side with an underage, 20 year old who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, 2 times over the legal alcohol limit bar hopping with Ben.

Those girls weren't stupid. They got what they wanted. $$$$$$$$$$$$

zulater
01-30-2011, 01:08 AM
What some cheese with that whine ? They will surely miss your $29.99. Why do people on this board get so bend out of shape about this ? If it was you that was accused of the same things do you think he would give a shit ? People might not see him the same way as you do with the homers can do anything wrong thinking. You can deny that he did nothing wrong but you dont know for sure ? What about OJ ? Do you think he is innocent ? I think he was guilty as hell but he was a free man for awhile... Karma its a bitch !

You people that keep cutting down the "victims" are amazing also, ****s an gold diggers, you dont know those people any better than you know Ben but you pass judgement on them with not even a second thought. :blah::blah::blah:

I think you're a phoney and a piece of shit.

That's the last thing I've got to say to you ever troll. Welcome to ignore. :coffee:

steelerohio
01-30-2011, 01:10 AM
The money is better spent on Steelers Digest anyway... :coffee:

zulater
01-30-2011, 01:16 AM
This is a quote from your so called "real article" , if you think that this guy is doing Ben any favors maybe you should re-read ...

"PacBen is no different from Pacman. They run with dumb posses. I don't know Goodell's reasoning for the length of Ben's suspension. But the commissioner should've hammered Ben for his "security" staff. Allegedly, Ben's bodyguards kept the bathroom safe from intruders while Ben attempted to or did make "love in this club."

Think about it. Ben basically hired men to hand him KY Jelly and condoms and stand guard while he had public sex. His instructions should've been this:

"Guys, if I get liquored up tonight and try to bang one of these girls, tackle me, drag me to the car, take me to my hotel, guard the door and make sure no one gets into the room with me while I'm drunk."

The accuser's sorority sisters were smarter and more mature than Ben's "bodyguards."

If you think this paints the Steelers franchise Qb out to be a great guy you are delusional !!!!

I never said Ben's actions were commendable that night, just that they weren't criminal. Whatever he did in that bathroom with that girl was consentual, therefore perfectly legal.

You talk about Ben, well a guy who goes on a message board and poses as something he's clearly not to disrupt said message board obviously has issues as well.

Just saying.

Now I've said all I've got to say to you you phoney.

Third Rail
01-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I remember reading Whitlock's article back when the incident happened, and as he tends to do, he hit the nail on the head. I don't know Ben personally. And I don't know those sorority girls. But I have known other sorority girls, and given the ways that many sorority girls can act when partying it up for the night, I think that we should, at the very least, consider the possibility that their accounts might not have been truthful. What we do know is that the alleged victim was apparently very flirtatious with Ben throughout the night, followed him as he barhopped, and she was wearing DTF. Now, that does not mean that she is loose, and it doesn't mean that she absolutely wanted to hook up with Roethlisberger. But it does lead one to believe that if anything happened between the two of them in private, there's a good chance it was consensual. And as for her being drunk... from what I understand, he was drunk as well. Now, it may be true that he's older, bigger and can probably handle more liquor. But that doesn't mean he wasn't as shitfaced as she supposedly was. If two people hook up, both of them blitzed out of their minds, does that make one of them a rapist? I sure as hell hope not or else I think a lot of us could have been in some deep shit somewhere in our lives.

Anyway... as for Gary Coleman Douche... I agree, he's just a Ravens fan or some other type of troll who only cropped up here to cause trouble. F*** him.

MasterOfPuppets
01-30-2011, 02:14 AM
a look at the Milledgeville police report (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/ben-roethlisbergers-bad-play), physical evidence and an investigative story by Sports Illustrated leaves no doubt that something awfully repellent happened that night in Georgia.
and just what exactly was the "physical evidence of rape " ?

My personal observation after several years in the sports world is that grown men tend to be more infatuated with pro athletes than young women are
and there's a whole lot of women out there that are infatuated with a thick wallet . rhey may not care about the profession , but they sure are interested in the bank account.

jjpro11
01-30-2011, 02:46 AM
i wonder if she'd be writing the same kind of article if it was Mark Sanchez in the Super Bowl... highly unlikely considering she failed to mention the Packers incident this past summer.

USWSteel
01-30-2011, 04:01 AM
I never said Ben's actions were commendable that night, just that they weren't criminal. Whatever he did in that bathroom with that girl was consentual, therefore perfectly legal.

You talk about Ben, well a guy who goes on a message board and poses as something he's clearly not to disrupt said message board obviously has issues as well.

Just saying.

Now I've said all I've got to say to you you phoney.

Zulater you are the phoney.... Ive been to more games than you ever thought about going to. Ive been to an away game every year for the last 7 years...this year New Orleans...Ive been to SD, NO twice, Jax,Clev,Balt, Miami,Buffalo and next year already planning for SF. You are an angry little person arent you ?? Here's a couple of my stubs from this year including the Afcc game... Where were you watching the game with your Big Ben Fathead poster ?

Diamond-D
01-30-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah that's great, but you are still a tool. The fact that you attend a lot of games doesn't diminish the fact that nearly ever single post you contribute to this forum is negative. We are not your shoulder to cry on.

Yes we get it, you don't like Ben. We don't need to hear it ad nauseum. The problem is you only seem to "add" something when you want to whine about something, if you want an outlet for your negativity talk to one of your friends. If the only thing you ever contribute is anti Ben posts then it's no wonder no-one will respond to you reasonably.

Understandable criticism is very different from constant moaning, learn the difference.

JackHammer
01-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Want some cheese with that whine ? They will surely miss your $29.99. Why do people on this board get so bend out of shape about this ? If it was you that was accused of the same things do you think he would give a shit ? People might not see him the same way as you do with the homers can do anything wrong thinking. You can deny that he did nothing wrong but you dont know for sure ? What about OJ ? Do you think he is innocent ? I think he was guilty as hell but he was a free man for awhile... Karma its a bitch !

How can you compare this to O.J.??? There was a TON of physical evidence against O.J. as outlined here: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/Evidence.html

What physical evidence was there in the case of Ben?? A DNA test that revealed DNA from someone other than Ben or the victim??? The rest was hearsay by DRUNK sorority girls.

Well since you like to pick and choose, let's pick and choose:

It was completely irresponsible. Statements made by drunken sorority girls are not facts. Statements made by sober sorority girls about an evening spent bar-hopping and drinking are not facts.

"I don't believe a bunch of hammered sorority girls in this situation," the former sorority president wrote. "I've seen too much bad behavior amongst them. It's all about having fun and then making sure you're not held accountable and your reputation is still good."

Big Ben's accuser was allegedly wearing a name tag that read DTF -- "down to f---."

If you read the police accounts, the accuser's sorority sisters drove this case.

Her initial story to the police was weak at best and made absolutely no sense at worst.

The case was so flimsy that Big Ben was never even arrested. Once she sobered up, the accuser didn't even cooperate with the police.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 06:47 AM
This columnist pretty much sums up how the entire Roethlisberger saga will play out this week for those on the Killion/USWSteel side of the fence

Here's our annual summary of Super Bowl storylines. These are the tales that will be told ad nauseam in the days that follow, ranked in order of potential for sanctimony and impartment of life lessons. Read them now, then turn down the volume until kickoff ...

4a. But what does the re-embrace of Big Ben say about you and me?: Perhaps we value winning over character. Maybe our culture of celebrity worship has blinded us to what matters most -- which, of course, is setting a good example for all the innocent little children. Shame on us. We should be sent to bed without dessert. [Insert irrelevant Michael Vick analogy here.] :chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14605300/you-want-super-stories-got-em-all-right-here

Rick5895
01-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Zulater you are the phoney.... Ive been to more games than you ever thought about going to. Ive been to an away game every year for the last 7 years...this year New Orleans...Ive been to SD, NO twice, Jax,Clev,Balt, Miami,Buffalo and next year already planning for SF. You are an angry little person arent you ?? Here's a couple of my stubs from this year including the Afcc game... Where were you watching the game with your Big Ben Fathead poster ?

So.. you have been to lots of games, go to away games and that makes you "better" than others on here. Give me a break. I have been a Steelers fan since I was 10, thats 38 years( to make it easy for you that makes me 48), I live in Canada and grew up in the Toronto area. I would imagine I am as passionate about the Steelers as any fan out there, I usually get to at least 1 home game /year (I was at 2 this past season). Does it make you a better fan than me (or any one else here) because you can go to more games than me(us).......NO!! IMO just means you have more money!
BTW just because you go to more games doesn't make a person any less or more "phoney'!!

I agree with the sentiment on here, this Killian person is a manhater. Ben served his suspension did his time, did what was asked of him, and has moved on. Is he a changed person? Time will tell but right now he is acting in an appropriate manner. Bringing this nonsense up now only serves to make a feeble attempt to sell mags. I expect that.
The only way this nonsense should be re-visited is if Ben does something equally as stupid in the future, but until then (if there is a then) it's in the past!! Leave it there!!

:tt04:

TRH
01-30-2011, 07:56 AM
well, bottom line is that SI sucks, period.
I was done with that mag a year or so ago and canceled. Patriots article after Patriots article after Patriots article finally made me snap.
At one point, i thought i was reading a "patriots fan club" magazine it was so bad.

I won't even link to this Ben article to read it...

43Hitman
01-30-2011, 08:37 AM

WTF is wrong with you? You act like the biggest asshole.

stb_steeler
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM
"bruises, lacerations and bleeding" -- that was found on a 20-year-old, 5-foot-4 college girl last March, after she went to the police and then to the hospital.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html#ixzz1CXBnkmIH

WTF.......he beat her up to.........Amazing how the story just keeps getting richer close to SB.....:banging:

stb_steeler
01-30-2011, 10:00 AM
I think you're a phoney and a piece of shit.

That's the last thing I've got to say to you ever troll. Welcome to ignore. :coffee:

Im thinkin DOWNBYLAW....is that u ? :wave:

chacha
01-30-2011, 11:11 AM

I have analyzed handwriting for years, and your "ZULATER SUCKS" shows anger, grandiosity, and an inordinately high level of pomposity. I believe that a combination of Xanax and Darvon, as well as bankruptcy and a new job of washing dishes at your nearest greasy spoon diner would help you immensely.

SH-Rock
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
If any of you saw the AFCCG then you would know how Ben felt. After they won he started crying into his towel and then when they were accepting the trophy Ben was behind the bars reflecting and Tomlin came over and told him to cheer up. That was really heartwarming and shows how humble and grateful Ben has become so tell this bitch to ****ing shut up.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
"bruises, lacerations and bleeding" -- that was found on a 20-year-old, 5-foot-4 college girl last March, after she went to the police and then to the hospital.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html#ixzz1CXBnkmIH

WTF.......he beat her up to.........Amazing how the story just keeps getting richer close to SB.....:banging:

yep. a drunk floozie fell down and scraped her knee and they make it as if ben was punching her in the back of the head while he thrashed her rectum. :doh:

plenewken
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
yep. a drunk floozie fell down and scraped her knee and they make it as if ben was punching her in the back of the head while he thrashed her rectum. :doh:

it was"............. the woman was examined at a hospital after the alleged March 5 attack. A doctor could not say whether a superficial laceration, bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area were evidence of an assault or sexual activity.

A "minute" amount of male DNA was present, but not enough to develop a profile, so Mr. Bright said it would have been "futile" to ask Mr. Roethlisberger for a DNA sample..."

I don't think a knee is considered genital area and bruising in the genital area is not consistent with a fall.
Anyway, the whole incident is closed now.

HinesWard86HOF
01-30-2011, 01:23 PM

why would anyone subscribe to the SI anyway... its been a worthless rag since the 70s? ohhhhh swimsuit issue lol

zulater
01-30-2011, 01:27 PM
it was"............. the woman was examined at a hospital after the alleged March 5 attack. A doctor could not say whether a superficial laceration, bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area were evidence of an assault or sexual activity.

A "minute" amount of male DNA was present, but not enough to develop a profile, so Mr. Bright said it would have been "futile" to ask Mr. Roethlisberger for a DNA sample..."

I don't think a knee is considered genital area and bruising in the genital area is not consistent with a fall.
Anyway, the whole incident is closed now.

I love the "minute amount of male DNA" reference they used. Noted patholigist Dr. Cyril Wecht pretty much laid that garbage to rest when he said he can get a full DNA profile off a sample as small as one billionth of a raisin aka a nanogram. As hairy as Ben is are you telling me they couldn't find one of his short and curly's or some semen or preseminal fluid? The girl did claim it was unprotected sex. Of course that was after she claimed she couldn't remember if they had intercourse or not to the first officer on the scene.

So basically I'm not putting too much stock in Mr Bright represenatation of what the medical report may or may not have indicated.

If they had solid evidence of forced entry you damn well better believe they would have taken their case at least to a Grand jury.

USWSteel
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah that's great, but you are still a tool. The fact that you attend a lot of games doesn't diminish the fact that nearly ever single post you contribute to this forum is negative. We are not your shoulder to cry on.

Yes we get it, you don't like Ben. We don't need to hear it ad nauseum. The problem is you only seem to "add" something when you want to whine about something, if you want an outlet for your negativity talk to one of your friends. If the only thing you ever contribute is anti Ben posts then it's no wonder no-one will respond to you reasonably.

Understandable criticism is very different from constant moaning, learn the difference.

Sorry but this whole thread was started by zulater "moaning" about his SI subscription !!! You people want to attack anyone who doesnt put Ben up on a pedestal. You people can call all the names you want , doesnt make a bit of difference to me. If it makes you feel good about yourself and thats what you need its cool.... Zulater trashes SI and then goes on the praise so other article by Whitlock which is almost worse then the SI article.....gimme a break man ...just sayin !!!!

And he is the guy calling people phoneys and whatver other trash he throws around... just pointing out that I spend between my season tickets and yearly trips costs about $4300 a year ....hardly a "phoney" and a person not a fan of the Steelers.

zulater
01-30-2011, 01:45 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/search.php?searchid=298846

Hey Mods, time to put this troll to bed. Guy's a huge Steeler fan huh? Well find ,me one positive post about this team?

mcg24
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
You people want to attack anyone who doesnt put Ben up on a pedestal.

Actually, Ben should be up on a pedestal. He won two Super Bowls for my favorite football team. Sorry that I'm not willing to throw a guy under the bus who was accused of sexual assault by a bunch of drunk girls and was never arrested or charged for anything!

And yeah, you certainly do sound like a troll the majority of the time.

USWSteel
01-30-2011, 02:04 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/search.php?searchid=298846

Hey Mods, time to put this troll to bed. Guy's a huge Steeler fan huh? Well find ,me one positive post about this team?

Hey Zulater, you started this post with your crying about some article that offends you so much :blah::blah::blah: And now that you dont agree witth my views I should be ban ? Didnt you get banned from steelers.com ? :hatsoff: Ya and I am a huge steelers fan. That doesnt mean I have to WORSHIP certain players the way you obviously do... just like your article pointed out I think you may have a "man" crush on good ole #7 .:hug:

zulater
01-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey Zulater, you started this post with your crying about some article that offends you so much :blah::blah::blah: And now that you dont agree witth my views I should be ban ? Didnt you get banned from steelers.com ? :hatsoff: Ya and I am a huge steelers fan. That doesnt mean I have to WORSHIP certain players the way you obviously do... just like your article pointed out I think you may have a "man" crush on good ole #7 .:hug:

Who do you like? Judging from your posts, no one currently in black and gold.

Disagreeing with my opinion is fine. Misrepresenting who you are to the board and passing yourself off as a Steelers fans when the evidence suggest you're not makes you a troll.

:coffee:

mcg24
01-30-2011, 02:19 PM
And now that you dont agree witth my views I should be ban ?

Actually that has nothing to do with it bud. You have acted like a jackass on these forums for a while now, (calling out longtime forum members for posting in wrong sections, criticizing threads when you really have nothing better to say, making fun of Roethlisberger's situation like a Ravens fan troll would) and really I think a lot of people here have had enough of your shit.

It's not the fact that we don't share your views, it's the fact that your views are so ridiculous, disrespectful, and childish.

USWSteel
01-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Who do you like? Judging from your posts, no one currently in black and gold.

Disagreeing with my opinion is fine. Misrepresenting who you are to the board and passing yourself off as a Steelers fans when the evidence suggest you're not makes you a troll.

:coffee:

Why do I have to like someone ? Mendy, Ward ,Troy ,Timmons, Woodley ...the defense in general.... who do you consider it misrepresenting ? You are just being a whiney little girl for god sakes. I dont have to prove shit to you. I have already posted my season tickets from this year as if I had to " prove" something to you. because you stick up for a player on a message board makes you a more of a fan than someone else ? You are the joke and the one who should be banned for the name calling and other drivel you have posted in this thread.

mcg24
01-30-2011, 02:25 PM
if you want an outlet for your negativity talk to one of your friends.

It's very hard to talk to one of your friends when you don't actually have any, that's why he complains to all of us on here.

siss
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I am getting so sick of the Ben hate I wrote some counter arguments.

As a women I feel like I have to defend these women. I feel like I should be on there side. But the truth is I am not. I am embarrassed that these women make these claims. Andrea McNulty waited a year, was online talking about how hot Ben is and wanted to "fix his TV" before it was broken. Im sorry It makes me sick that a women can make this claim against him.

http://jackiewithchild.blogspot.com/...arterback.html

This next one is a response to the onslaught of Anti Ben articles.

Anne Killion wrote a hit piece about Ben Roethlisberger, you can read it here if you really want to. I advise you not too. Joe Starky from the Trib added his two cents here and some douche bag from New England added his two cents here. This jerk wishes Ben to break his leg, and this one insults the fans. My head hurts from this hate being spewed about my team and its Quarterback.

Here's the thing though, aside from the insults, these articles have one message "don't be so quick to forget." Fair enough, most haven't forgotten. Most remember this spring when Steeler fans were embarrassed and Ben was the punch-line of every joke. Most realized that the allegations were baseless at best, but could not condone the drunken frat-boy mentality. Ultimately, most concluded he didn't get away with anything except maybe being a jerk (by his own admission too). But tell me who at some point hasn't been a jerk? Not saying it's okay, just that we need to look in the mirror before we pass judgment on someone and maybe some need to walk mile in another persons shoes before we decide we know that person.

http://jackiewithchild.blogspot.com/...-articles.html

I used to write a mom blog when I was knocked up. I used the same blog to put my thoughts on.

The Curtain's Crusader
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Why do I have to like someone ? Mendy, Ward ,Troy ,Timmons, Woodley ...the defense in general.... who do you consider it misrepresenting ? You are just being a whiney little girl for god sakes. I dont have to prove shit to you. I have already posted my season tickets from this year as if I had to " prove" something to you. because you stick up for a player on a message board makes you a more of a fan than someone else ? You are the joke and the one who should be banned for the name calling and other drivel you have posted in this thread.

You're either a phoney or a MAJOR prick. Take your pick. And your "proof" just complexes me all the more. Either you like to continue your trolling at the actual games in person or you're the most grouchy Steelers fan ever. You would think "your team" being in the SUPER BOWL would give you reason for celebration.

zulater
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM

As a women I feel like I have to defend these women. I feel like I should be on there side. But the truth is I am not. I am embarrassed that these women make these claims. Andrea McNulty waited a year, was online talking about how hot Ben is and wanted to "fix his TV" before it was broken. Im sorry It makes me sick that a women can make this claim against him.

Anne Killion wrote a hit piece about Ben Roethlisberger, you can read it here if you really want to. I advise you not too. Joe Starky from the Trib added his two cents here and some douche bag from New England added his two cents here. This jerk wishes Ben to break his leg, and this one insults the fans. My head hurts from this hate being spewed about my team and its Quarterback.

Here's the thing though, aside from the insults, these articles have one message "don't be so quick to forget." Fair enough, most haven't forgotten. Most remember this spring when Steeler fans were embarrassed and Ben was the punch-line of every joke. Most realized that the allegations were baseless at best, but could not condone the drunken frat-boy mentality. Ultimately, most concluded he didn't get away with anything except maybe being a jerk (by his own admission too). But tell me who at some point hasn't been a jerk? Not saying it's okay, just that we need to look in the mirror before we pass judgment on someone and maybe some need to walk mile in another persons shoes before we decide we know that person.

I used to write a mom blog when I was knocked up. I used the same blog to put my thoughts on.

Nice post, and good blog siss! :tt:

Rick5895
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM

I am with Zulater here, that is a greatpost.
I am one of the fans in the spring that thought the Steelers would trade ben, I am glad they didn't, but i also said that ben needs to grow up and remember who he is and what he represents. I am in law enforcement (I am a correctional officer) and I will tell you what 26 years of experience has taught me, the more allegations against you , real or not, you will be found guilty eventually. So far it appears Ben has gotten his head on straight and the past should be in the past he has done his penance. Time will tell if he is genuilne.
I would ask the mods to put this thread and any other thread dredging up the past on this issue to bed, we are going to be inundated with enough of this garbage the next week, why keep rehashing it here.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Siss - great post:drink:

Glad to see you posting around here

mesaSteeler
01-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Well said!!!! :drink::drink::drink:

madtowndrunkard
01-30-2011, 03:39 PM
A few points worth making:

Whitlock is possibly the worst journalist or sports writer or what ever you want to call him in the business. I'm not making that statement based on anything he's ever said about the steelers. I'm making that statement becuase he's a shock jock. He's the Jerry Springer of sports writing. He tries to act like he brings something to the table but most of what he writes is to get reaction.

On the field Ben is a great QB. Off the field Ben is a douche bag. You can lump him in with at least half the players in professional sports. Heck athlete or no athlete...find me a multi millionaire in his 20's that is not a douche bag. If you gave me $10million when I was 25 years old I'd probably be a douche bag to. Why do people act so shocked about this? Ben is no different then Brett Favre, Joe Namath, or who ever else you want to talk about in the NFL. The rare player is the Hines Ward or Troy Palamalu's of the league. Has Ben been unfairly made out to be a villain? I think he made his bed, but also think he's not a criminal like many say he is. Why does Ben get more scrutiny then Ray Lewis? Who knows. I think Ben fits that arrogant / dumb / jock stereo type that so many people dislike.

The SI article written by Ann Killion brings up some valid points about pro sports and the culture that surrounds it.....but it is also a clear attempt to rile people up by using emotions and lies to spin your point. To me that's irresponsible, even if it is an opinion column. It shows just how "unprofessional" SI actually is by putting such biased crap in an article that is based on assumptions with out knowing any of the facts. Frankly its the same crap we get fed on our so called "news" networks and papers on daily basis. The media has failed this country and is approaching the same sensational crap you see in Britain.

Why anyone reads this crap, much less actually cares about what they are saying is beyond me. If you don't like it, don't' buy it. SI has turned into a magazine for teenage jocks. Its only good for the pictures. The actual content is garbage.

zulater
01-30-2011, 03:51 PM
A few points worth making:

Whitlock is possibly the worst journalist or sports writer or what ever you want to call him in the business. I'm not making that statement based on anything he's ever said about the steelers. I'm making that statement becuase he's a shock jock. He's the Jerry Springer of sports writing. He tries to act like he brings something to the table but most of what he writes is to get reaction.

On the field Ben is a great QB. Off the field Ben is a douche bag. You can lump him in with at least half the players in professional sports. Heck athlete or no athlete...find me a multi millionaire in his 20's that is not a douche bag. If you gave me $10million when I was 25 years old I'd probably be a douche bag to. Why do people act so shocked about this? Ben is no different then Brett Favre, Joe Namath, or who ever else you want to talk about in the NFL. The rare player is the Hines Ward or Troy Palamalu's of the league. Has Ben been unfairly made out to be a villain? I think he made his bed, but also think he's not a criminal like many say he is. Why does Ben get more scrutiny then Ray Lewis? Who knows. I think Ben fits that arrogant / dumb / jock stereo type that so many people dislike.

The SI article written by Ann Killion brings up some valid points about pro sports and the culture that surrounds it.....but it is also a clear attempt to rile people up by using emotions and lies to spin your point. To me that's irresponsible, even if it is an opinion column. It shows just how "unprofessional" SI actually is by putting such biased crap in an article that is based on assumptions with out knowing any of the facts. Frankly its the same crap we get fed on our so called "news" networks and papers on daily basis. The media has failed this country and is approaching the same sensational crap you see in Britain.

Why anyone reads this crap, much less actually cares about what they are saying is beyond me. If you don't like it, don't' buy it. SI has turned into a magazine for teenage jocks. Its only good for the pictures. The actual content is garbage.

Granted Whitlock is a bit of a 'shock jock', but he also makes valid points, and is generally an enteraining read.

As for SI. I like Peter King, and the pictures too. :chuckle:

chacha
01-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Your thoughts were spot on! Very well done!

wootawnee
01-30-2011, 05:42 PM
does that guy ever have anything that's not anti-steelers to say. dude should just come clean and admit he's a ravens fan

Gary Coleman dude is a Troll......I told Ya so many times,,,,,,

What you talkin bout WIllis