PDA

View Full Version : New York Post Terry Bradshaw interview

quiggle
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
The Post's Steve Serby chatted with the Fox "NFL Sunday" studio analyst, who will be working next Sunday's Super Bowl and won four of them as the quarterback of the Steelers.

Q: Your relationship with Ben Roethlisberger?

A: I don't know him. My sense is he doesn't like me. I sense being around him, he doesn't care anything about me or getting to know me.

Q: What did you tell reporters who asked you years back about what you thought of him riding his motorcycle?

A: "Park the motorbike. You can ride it when the season's over. You can drive it into a wall when you retire, nobody will care." Four months later he had that wreck, remember? We don't even have a relationship.

Q: Does that bother you?

A: No! I'm 62 years old, you kiddin' me? The only thing I care about is my family.

Q: Will you sit down with him this week?

A: I've been told we're trying to sit down with him. I'm not sure that he'll sit down with me. I want to sit down and interview him.

Q: What would you ask him?

A: I'll obviously bring up the past offseason, and how it affected his life, and the transition he's made. I'll ask him about everything you think I should ask him about. It could be when I bring it up, he'll tell me, "It's none of your [bleeping] business. I think I have to ask that question and have him tell me to "kiss my [bleep]" . . . It's not personal.

Q: If Art Rooney owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.

Q: Roethlisberger the quarterback?

A: He's accurate . . . determined . . . he's poised . . . makes great plays in big games . . . unflappable . . . competitive as hell . . . strong as hell. He's such a throwback. He's a Joe Kapp-Roman Gabriel kinda guy.

Q: Hall of Fame?

A: I think he's in the Hall of Fame now.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO

chacha
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I love Terry but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him

fer522
01-30-2011, 12:29 PM
i don't see anything wrong with his answers
may be he's saying things we don't wanna hear
but that'sjust how he feels and i'm ok with it

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
It's going to be a long week -

If Ben is forced to sit down with #12 for an interview (I would say **** off if someone who said he would have traded my ass wants to interview me), look for a typical suck up/chuckle fest from Terry, who should have been released by Fox years ago for someone who played in the NFL since the early 80s

"A Joe Kapp/Roman Gabriel kind of guy"? -- for those of you too young to remember, Kapp & Gabriel were big, physical guys with the passing touch of an offensive tackle

As far as speculating about what The Chief would have done, Bradshaw knows that: 1) by the time Bradshaw had arrived in 1970 The Chief had turned over running the team to his sons, meaning that Bradshaw has no clue as to The Chief's management style (Art Sr. wanted to draft Marino and was ignored); and 2) assuming The Chief called the shots on personnel decisions during the 70s, players such as Ernie Holmes were allowed to stay with multiple transgressions (Holmes shot at the police copter in 1973 and was arrested for coke possession in the 75-76 offseason but was allowed to stay until his play deteriorated in 1977)

Bob Smizik has described Bradshaw as one of the biggest phonies that Smizik has encountered in his 4 decades of covering Pittsburgh sports (remember when Brdshaw pointed to the sky to The Chief in his HOF induction speech but blew off paying his respects when The Chief passed?)

Bradshaw illustrates as much as Roethlisberger that you can be a great player on the field and jerk off it

Once again, I am not defending #7 for his loathsome conduct in Georgia, just observing some of his critics might consider vacating their glass houses before tossing rocks - nobody gives a damn #7 does not have a relationship with #12, who did his best to distance himself from the Steelers for 20 years after he retired

fer522
01-30-2011, 01:07 PM

If Ben is forced to sit down with #12 for an interview (I would say **** off if someone who said he would have traded my ass wants to interview me), look for a typical suck up/chuckle fest from Terry, who should have been released by Fox years ago for someone who played in the NFL since the early 80s

"A Joe Kapp/Roman Gabriel kind of guy"? -- for those of you too young to remember, Kapp & Gabriel were big, physical guys with the passing touch of an offensive tackle

As far as speculating about what The Chief would have done, Bradshaw knows that: 1) by the time Bradshaw had arrived in 1970 The Chief had turned over running the team to his sons, meaning that Bradshaw has no clue as to The Chief's management style (Art Sr. wanted to draft Marino and was ignored); and 2) assuming The Chief called the shots on personnel decisions during the 70s, players such as Ernie Holmes were allowed to stay with multiple transgressions (Holmes shot at the police copter in 1973 and was arrested for coke possession in the 75-76 offseason but was allowed to stay until his play deteriorated in 1977)

Bob Smizik has described Bradshaw as one of the biggest phonies that Smizik has encountered in his 4 decades of covering Pittsburgh sports (remember when Brdshaw pointed to the sky to The Chief in his HOF induction speech but blew off paying his respects when The Chief passed?)

Bradshaw illustrates as much as Roethlisberger that you can be a great player on the field and jerk off it

Once again, I am not defending #7 for his loathsome conduct in Georgia, just observing some of his critics might consider vacating their glass houses before tossing rocks - nobody gives a damn #7 does not have a relationship with #12, who did his best to distance himself from the Steelers for 20 years after he retired

i will have to admit that i did not know many of the things he talked about
but now that i do i hope he won't get that interview
thanks ATLANTA DAN

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I could only imagine how awkward that interview would be, hopefully that interview never happens. Both should keep to their own lanes.

plenewken
01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I love Terry but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him

I didn't see anything wrong with what TB said. I pretty much agree with everything he said. Ben doesn't seem to like him for whatever reason and TB couldn't care less.

TRH
01-30-2011, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=chacha;910667] but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him[/QUOTE

+1.
i appreciate Terry for his Pittsburgh-years, but honestly, i really don't like the guy. To be more frank, i think he's an a-hole. His constant 'anti-Pittsburgh' rhetoric in recent years has really worn on me and annoyed the HELL out of me. If i was Ben, i'd be a little stand-offish around Terry as well, with some of the comments he's made w/out even knowing Ben.
I hope Terry doesn't get the interview.....let one of the other guys do it.

realdeal
01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Big Ben will go down in history as a better qb with more SB titles!! That whack job needs to start taking his meds!!

TRH
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Big Ben will go down in history as a better qb with more SB titles!! That whack job needs to start taking his meds!!

I hear ya. He more often than not embarrasses himself, especially on interview/talk show type shows. Its "cringe-inducing" listening to him make a fool of himself.

ZoneBlitzer
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
No Terry. No Stairway to Seven.

TRH
01-30-2011, 01:38 PM

true.
Terry the player = well-respected, hall of famer
Terry the person/after football = a real jerk plus just loves to trash this city

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM

No question - but #12 had quite a tool kit to work with

pghfrank62
01-30-2011, 02:17 PM
That is Bradshaw,s problem exactly, Ben doesnt worthship the ground he walks on so he has a hard time with Ben. Bradshaw had his fame and moments in the limelight, get over it Brad, Ben has at least 4 SB in him. What was Ben's Quote, How many Super Bowls to you want to win, "One more than anyone else" that is a great quote Terry and it could be a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chacha
01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with what TB said. I pretty much agree with everything he said. Ben doesn't seem to like him for whatever reason and TB couldn't care less.

yeah right, TB couldnt care less, that's why he brings up the motorcyle story every chance he gets.

zulater
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

That also could be an assumption on Terry's part, or perhaps that's something that was true before, but may not be true now.

Personally if I'm Ben's handlers I ask for a one on one interview with Terry, and I think that's exactly what we're going to get.

FanSince72
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM

Yeah but Bradshaw has always had issues with people liking him going all the way back to his first days with the Steelers, so that's nothing new.

Like so many other things I hear about via the media, I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when he and Ben talked about motorcycles. His "Ben doesn't like me" stuff could just as easily have come from Ben saying something that many people (especially people Ben's age) would take as normal, conversational smack and turning it into an insult. And from Bradshaw's history, it seems as if it doesn't take much to insult him.

The bottom line is that only Ben and Bradshaw know what was said and how it was said and so far, all we've heard the most is Terry's side of the issue.

I'll always see Bradshaw as the greatest QB we've ever had and the best Money player in the business. But as a person, he sometimes seems to carry around way too much emotional baggage.

wootawnee
01-30-2011, 07:59 PM
TB is awesome.........Ben's gotta step up and realize he was wrong(Although he might not have done anything) in puttin the Steelers in the news.......He has been a punk ever since he came into the league......He wouldnt listen to Cowher.....This season I think he is finally growing up into a respectable person.....Not some college punk he was for his first 6 years.......Everyone has to become a man sooner or later and start giving Elders the respect they deserve..........Ben is on that track finally....

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Bouchette says Roethlisberger is being interviewed live at halftime of the Pro Bowl and Bradshaw is for some reason in the booth at the Pro Bowl so the Ben-Bradshaw interview might be going down in about 30 minutes

zulater
01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I loved Terry as a player, but he had his maturity issues as well. And his carried well into his career, well actually even beyond his playing days. By his own admission not going to Art Rooney's funeral, the man he claims to have loved like a father, the man who was always there for him when he was a player, anyway Terry didn't attend The Chief's funeral because Terry was still sulking about the way Chuck Noll treated him at the end of his career.

I also lost a lot of respect for Terry when he had his then broadcast partner Verne Lundquist introduce him for his Hall of Fame induction. Nothing against Verne, but that struck me as odd.

SteelSurf
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not about to get in the middle of this pissing contest and soap opera between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
Serves no purpose in the grand-scheme of things. It's childish. Unprofessional and not characteristic of comments that should come from a legendary Hall of Famer.

All of the Respect I have for Bradshaw is slowly dissipating because of some of his comments over this subject. I have not heard Bradshaw say anything positive about this team,The City of Pittsburgh or her fans in a decade or more. Something to be said for that.

wootawnee
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm not about to get in the middle of this pissing contest and soap opera between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
Serves no purpose in the grand-scheme of things. It's childish. Unprofessional and not characteristic of comments that should come from a legendary Hall of Famer.

All of the Respect I have for Bradshaw is slowly dissipating because of some of his comments over this subject. I have not heard Bradshaw say anything positive about this team,The City of Pittsburgh or her fans in a decade or more. Something to be said for that.

How are these kids gonna learn if someone who was through the fire doesn't step up and let them know what they are doing to their team?..........

If Terry didn't care he wouldn't say anything.........

pitt0wns
01-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Bradshaw is pissed that Ben might go down as the greatest Steeler QB

If Ben wins this game Terry will be shakin.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM

Interesting quote from Ryan Clark regarding how Bradshaw is regarded by the current team as opposed to other former Steelers

Even though the original Steel Curtain came down for the last time more than 30 years ago, its legacy is as strong as, well, steel in Pittsburgh - and among Steelers fans everywhere.

A connection remains with those teams, and not just because Bleier and Franco Harris and other members of Chuck Noll's championship squads are still so visible in Pittsburgh today.

"They're amazing," safety Ryan Clark says. "I talked to Franco a couple weeks ago. It's almost like a fraternity: once in, always in. I don't know how much Terry Bradshaw likes us at times, if you watch us on TV, but the guys around here: Louis Lipps, Mel Blount. Mr. Greene, that's what we call him - I don't call him Joe - just seeing those guys and the love they still have and the respect they show when they see us. They don't have to. They started all this, but for them to always be so excited about us and be so complimentary of the things we're doing, it's amazing."

http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedailyregister/sports/football/professional/article_1ceb7e4a-2b6d-11e0-b4f6-001cc4c03286.html

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Bouchette says Roethlisberger is being interviewed live at halftime of the Pro Bowl and Bradshaw is for some reason in the booth at the Pro Bowl so the Ben-Bradshaw interview might be going down in about 30 minutes

Oh, very interesting. That would be the only thing that saves this Pro Bowl snozefest.

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Interesting quote from Ryan Clark regarding how Bradshaw is regarded by the current team as opposed to other former Steelers

Even though the original Steel Curtain came down for the last time more than 30 years ago, its legacy is as strong as, well, steel in Pittsburgh - and among Steelers fans everywhere.

A connection remains with those teams, and not just because Bleier and Franco Harris and other members of Chuck Noll's championship squads are still so visible in Pittsburgh today.

"They're amazing," safety Ryan Clark says. "I talked to Franco a couple weeks ago. It's almost like a fraternity: once in, always in. I don't know how much Terry Bradshaw likes us at times, if you watch us on TV, but the guys around here: Louis Lipps, Mel Blount. Mr. Greene, that's what we call him - I don't call him Joe - just seeing those guys and the love they still have and the respect they show when they see us. They don't have to. They started all this, but for them to always be so excited about us and be so complimentary of the things we're doing, it's amazing."

http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedailyregister/sports/football/professional/article_1ceb7e4a-2b6d-11e0-b4f6-001cc4c03286.html

You were spot on with the halftime interview featuring Big Ben. And there will be a sitdown interview w/ Big Ben.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 09:18 PM
You were spot on with the halftime interview featuring Big Ben. And there will be a sitdown interview w/ Big Ben.

Bradshaw going on during halftime about how great it will be sit down with Ben in Dallas (contrary to what Bradshaw said in the New York Post, that interview in Dallas clearly has been locked in) - maybe Bradshaw thinks nobody outside of New York reads the New York Post:noidea: -

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Bradshaw going on during halftime about how great it will be sit down with Ben in Dallas (contrary to what Bradshaw said in the New York Post, that interview in Dallas clearly has been locked in) - maybe Bradshaw thinks nobody outside of New York reads the New York Post:noidea: -

I guess, should be an interesting interview, wonder if their is any questions Bradsahw is off limits to?

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I guess, should be an interesting interview, wonder if their is any questions Bradsahw is off limits to?

There is still the Nevada lawsuit and my bet is Ben paid something to resolve civil liability for the Georgia allegations, with a confidentiality clause together with an agreement neither Roethlisberger or the alleged victim disparages the other, so I bet it will be pretty tightly scripted like the Cowher interview on CBS last October was.

zulater
01-30-2011, 09:43 PM

Just a little local rag. :flap:

zulater
01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
There is still the Nevada lawsuit and my bet is Ben paid something to resolve civil liability for the Georgia allegations, with a confidentiality clause together with an agreement neither Roethlisberger or the alleged victim disparages the other, so I bet it will be pretty tightly scripted like the Cowher interview on CBS last October was.

I doubt very much he paid a nickel to that gal down in Georgia.

SteelSurf
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM

First time I've seen that quote. Thank you for that. I'm saving that. Insightful.

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM

Yeah I agree, will be pretty much centered on the game itself, his season etc.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 09:57 PM

She (or more accurately her parents in Atlanta) retained an Atlanta law firm to represent her last spring that specializes in plaintiff's civil litigation for sexual harassment, not a criminal defense firm that would be more likely to prep her for grand jury or trial testimony - that firm wrote the letter to the DA prior to the DA deciding not to indict saying the victim had decided she just wanted to put this behind her - remarkable coincidence

Steelers17
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM

:rofl:

zulater
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
She (or more accurately her parents in Atlanta) retained an Atlanta law firm to represent her last spring that specializes in plaintiff's civil litigation for sexual harassment, not a criminal defense firm that would be more likely to prep her for grand jury or trial testimony - that firm wrote the letter to the DA prior to the DA deciding not to indict saying the victim had decided she just wanted to put this behind her - remarkable coincidence

Well if they did get paid off you can bet your last dollar they initiated it. Because no ****ing way in hell is Ben's defense team going to approach them first. Because that would be felony witness tampering, and also they would be setting themselves up for a sting operation which would have crippled Ben's defense

But regardless assuming your assumption is correct, what a finging w#0r. Because if that's my daughter, and she truly was raped I go for the money after I see her attacker in jail.

So basically this tells me ( if you're correct) Miss DTF was actually Miss DFTM, down for the money the entire time. Disgusting. .

VegasStlrFan
01-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Bradshaw is pissed that Ben might go down as the greatest Steeler QB

If Ben wins this game Terry will be shakin.

I wouldnt get to carried away just yet, he needs 2 to tie 3 to be the best. I hope he does get there, but that's a lot of football yet to be played.

zulater
01-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I think Bradshaw's legacy is secure regardless of what Ben does in this game or for the rest of his career. Hopefully they mend their fences this week, and this will be the last we hear of any tension or rivarly between them.

VegasStlrFan
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I think Bradshaw's legacy is secure regardless of what Ben does in this game or for the rest of his career. Hopefully they mend their fences this week, and this will be the last we hear of any tension or rivarly between them.

:drink: I agree,

skinart82
01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I lost respect for Terry when he said if he could do it all over again he wished he would have played in Louisiana, Jack Lambert straight up said he would have been a Steeler again!!!! I don't think Terry ever wanted to be in Pittsburgh, but they didn'e trade back then like they do now. I don't care about at all about what Terry or Ben think of each other, I'm just glad Terry won when he was behind center and Ben wins while he is behind center. Maybe they will both hate whoever the next franchise QB is in the future!

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I think the best thing possible for the fans, and the team, and the FRANCHISE is for Ben to sit down for an interview with Terry Bradshaw and put it all out there on the table.

let Terry ask the questions...let Ben answer them.

Then, Terry can end the interview with a "Good Luck, and Oh, I won 2 Super Bowl MVPs...go get one this year kid...we are all rooting for you." and Ben can say, "Mr Bradshaw...will you sign this Sports Illustrated I have with you on the cover from the 70s" and Kiss and Make up.

Then...the Circle will be Complete. And the Student, will then be...the Master...

caseydog
01-30-2011, 11:15 PM

That is WAY out of line. Terry Bradshaw was one of the guys who took the Steelers from nothing to the best of the best. He has more than earned the right to say what he wants to say about Ben.

I agree with him, completely. Ben was gifted with so much talent, and went out and behaved like a drunken frat boy. He has paid for it, and the Steelers team has paid for it.

I'm behind Ben 100-percent, as long as he keeps his head on straight, and lives up to the high standards of being a Steeler. I want him to succeed.

But, I will never forget what Terry Bradshaw has done for my favorite football team. He has earned his place in Steelers history. Nuff said.

CD

zulater
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I lost respect for Terry when he said if he could do it all over again he wished he would have played in Louisiana, Jack Lambert straight up said he would have been a Steeler again!!!! I don't think Terry ever wanted to be in Pittsburgh, but they didn'e trade back then like they do now. I don't care about at all about what Terry or Ben think of each other, I'm just glad Terry won when he was behind center and Ben wins while he is behind center. Maybe they will both hate whoever the next franchise QB is in the future!

Terry was playing to his audience of the day. Not unsual for him, I don't take it personally.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
If asked about potentially being traded. Ben's response should be.

I guess they couldn't get the value a 2 Superbowl winning QB who is not yet in his prime with a now 10-2 playoff would actually command on the market. I'm gald I'm still here, and I want to retire here, and make everyone proud again. Enough about the past, because its been asked and answered 10 times a day for the past 4 months.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2011, 11:22 PM

I agree, it would be great for Our Franchise if our Former Four Time winning QB interviewed our 2 Time (one pending) Super Bowl winning QB...just think of the Steelers fans watching that and just laughing at the 31 other teams as we watch our Two Best historical QBs suck up TV time that has the rest of the nations attention.

:tt04::tt02::tt03::tt:

Like...in 4 years from now...is Favre gonna interview Rodgers?

how many other teams have that? seriously. Its Television gold...well actually its Television BLACK AND GOLD!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

SteelKnight
01-31-2011, 12:09 AM
I agree with Ben that the time right now is for focusing. He can reflect on the off season and what he has been through after the SB. If Terry wants to focus on that, I hope he doesn't get the interview.

Third Rail
01-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Here's what I don't get about some of Bradshaw's comments. If he actually believes Ben is guilty of rape, then that is one thing. I know that some of us do and some of us don't. But the general consensus, at least among Steeler fans right now and the NFL players (i.e. NOT the media, which thrives on sensationalism) seems to be that Ben acted like a moron and had a drunken hook-up in a bar and it blew up in his face.

Now, I remember reading interviews with Terry where he described his young life, chasing after skanks in bars around Pittsburgh until he realized he was ruining a great opportunity. So why the hell is he acting like he was a choir boy back then? Granted, he was never accused of rape, but if Ben's worst crime is that he had a tendency to chase tail in the off-season, why is Terry getting on his high horse?

I kind of do hope the interview happens, though. Maybe it will clear the air between them. I don't know if Ben has been rude to Terry, or whatever. But how much have they truly interacted? I don't know, does Terry routinely come to Steelers games or drop by training camp?

El Nino
01-31-2011, 02:20 AM
That is WAY out of line. Terry Bradshaw was one of the guys who took the Steelers from nothing to the best of the best. He has more than earned the right to say what he wants to say about Ben.

honestly i don't think him being great gives him a right to trash ben. what is done is done, it should be water under the bridge now. terry is out of line to be bringing it up again and saying those kind of things about our qb.

plenewken
01-31-2011, 07:21 AM
If asked about potentially being traded. Ben's response should be.

I guess they couldn't get the value a 2 Superbowl winning QB who is not yet in his prime with a now 10-2 playoff would actually command on the market. I'm gald I'm still here, and I want to retire here, and make everyone proud again. Enough about the past, because its been asked and answered 10 times a day for the past 4 months.

I don't think it had anything to do with the price a 2 ringed QB could command on the market. Lots of teams could have afforded him.
IMO, it had to do with the big unknown related to his mental ability to overcome the difficulties and to stay on top ...... plus, it was his second incident in less than 1 year so it raised a lot of red flags for many teams.
Look at Tiger Woods. He hasn't been nearly the same since his problems surfaced and I believe Woods was a much more dominant player in his discipline than Ben will ever be.

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
I need to correct my statement yesterday that Bob Smizik has called Bradshaw one of the biggest phonies in Pitsburgh sports he has ever had to deal with

In response to a statement on Smizik's blog today that Ben should mend fences with Bradshaw, Smizik had this to say

Why should Ben care if the biggest phony in the history of Pittsburgh sports doesn't like him? -- Bob Smizik :chuckle:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27269-advice-for-ben-just-shut-up#comments

MDSteel15
01-31-2011, 12:30 PM

Why? It's probably the truth! The old man didn't take shit from nobody!!!

caseyviator
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Here's what I don't get about some of Bradshaw's comments. If he actually believes Ben is guilty of rape, then that is one thing. I know that some of us do and some of us don't. But the general consensus, at least among Steeler fans right now and the NFL players (i.e. NOT the media, which thrives on sensationalism) seems to be that Ben acted like a moron and had a drunken hook-up in a bar and it blew up in his face.

Now, I remember reading interviews with Terry where he described his young life, chasing after skanks in bars around Pittsburgh until he realized he was ruining a great opportunity. So why the hell is he acting like he was a choir boy back then? Granted, he was never accused of rape, but if Ben's worst crime is that he had a tendency to chase tail in the off-season, why is Terry getting on his high horse?

I kind of do hope the interview happens, though. Maybe it will clear the air between them. I don't know if Ben has been rude to Terry, or whatever. But how much have they truly interacted? I don't know, does Terry routinely come to Steelers games or drop by training camp?

this is bens worst crime, chasing women in ur 20s.we all did this, we all were stupid,we had fun actually probably the best times of peoples lives are in their 20s...
these girls are just after money and fame period..

i believe everyone is jealous of a guy like ben who is younge and strong and superrich...they try and hold him to a higher standard which is stupid cause all this kid is and he is just a kid,,, is a football player. its not like hes a wall street banker or ceo..he is a kid in the candy store..bradswaw is sooooo bitter sumone may take his legacy as any of us would be...nobody wants to be tied or beatin in bradshaws position... i like bradswaw though and i dont mind if he hates ben or not..if i could have bradswaw or ben at qb it would be ben, even though i really like terry bradswaw.. i always liked him on tv and his movies are good imo!!

TRH
01-31-2011, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=caseydog;911038]That is WAY out of line. Terry Bradshaw was one of the guys who took the Steelers from nothing to the best of the best. He has more than earned the right to say what he wants to say about Ben.

That has NOTHING to do whether Terry's a nice guy and/or a stand-up guy. Nothing. Yeah, he led us to 4 SB's a long time ago.
Since? He's continually berated the city, trashed the city, and very rarely compliments our players (aside from Noll and a few others from that era..), and continually embarrasses himself on TV with that howling laugh/chuckle, wanna-be comedian thing that no one thinks is funny. Ever watch him on the Leno show? OUCH.
He hasn't "earned the right" to talk s*** about Ben whenever and whatever he wants to or any other player for that matter.
Ya know, the fans are appreciative of his career and efforts.......i've always wondered why Terry couldn't step up and start appreciating the city of Pittsburgh, the fans, and current players. Its seemed like a one-sided show.

I

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Why? It's probably the truth! The old man didn't take shit from nobody!!!

The "old man" wasn't running the team by the time Bradshaw arrived in 1970 - Dan and Art, Jr. were - if Art Sr. was running the team until he passed his request to draft Marino in 1983 would not have been ignored

And as far as Bradshaw contending managment of the team in the 1970s was not primarily about winning championships, players of lesser importance to that team than Roethlisberger is to the current team were given multiple chances to screw up - most fans recall Ernie Holmes did not miss any time after shooting at a police helicopter in1973, but not as many recall he was not disciplined (and certainly not traded) after he was arrested in Texas during the 1976 offsason for cocaine possession (a big deal back then) - Holmes was not dumped until after the 1977 season when his play fell off - if Bradshaw is to be believed Holmes should have been dumped after the coke bust

But as far as telling Bradshaw to buzz off, I would not sit down with him if I was Roethlisberger because Bradshaw has been saying Roethlisberger shoudl be traded, not because Bradshaw is claiming The Chief would have dumped #7.

plenewken
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Bradshaw has a hidden anti-Ben agenda, it's obvious. He doesn't want Ben to overtake him as the greatest Steelers QB of all times. It's not the case yet but it's clear Ben has all the cards in hand to pass him in the near future. This is something Bradshaw clearly has a problem with.
Plus, why the heck is he berating the City of Pittsburgh? Have you ever heard Marino badmouthing Miami, or Montana talking sh*t about SFO?
The guy's a jerk. Great QB, no doubt, but a jerk nonetheless.

zulater
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Bradshaw has a hidden anti-Ben agenda, it's obvious. He doesn't want Ben to overtake him as the greatest Steelers QB of all times. It's not the case yet but it's clear Ben has all the cards in hand to pass him in the near future. This is something Bradshaw clearly has a problem with.
Plus, why the heck is he berating the City of Pittsburgh? Have you ever heard Marino badmouthing Miami, or Montana talking sh*t about SFO?
The guy's a jerk. Great QB, no doubt, but a jerk nonetheless.

Terry's the same as he always was, that's why very few of his ex teamamtes have anything to do with him.

But I still like Terry, he was a great player, he's just always has had insecurity issues and probably always will. .

kirklandrules
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Q: If Art Rooney owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.

His response is an insult to Art II. Basically, he's saying the new ownership doesn't live up to the standards of Grandpa Rooney. That's bull. There were things that occurred under Art I that didn't result a knee jerk reaction. Bradshaw acted like a flake during his early days with the team and always looks up to the sky and thanks the Chief for his support (because the Chief didn't dump him as he suggests would have happened to Ben). I like Bradshaw and respect his opinions and with respect I say this opinion of his sucks.

Kanata-Steeler
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
"Q: Roethlisberger the quarterback?

A: He's accurate . . . determined . . . he's poised . . . makes great plays in big games . . . unflappable . . . competitive as hell . . . strong as hell. He's such a throwback. He's a Joe Kapp-Roman Gabriel kinda guy.

Q: Hall of Fame?

A: I think he's in the Hall of Fame now. "

--------------------------------------------------------

...and that is all anyone needs to know, TB separates the Pro from Personal.
Terry is Terry :)
TB was absolutely correct, and so what !?