PDA

View Full Version : How excited are yinz???

steelers2685
01-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Over the last week, I was happy that we made it to yet another Super Bowl, but at the same time felt kind of spoiled, like the excitement was not as great as it was for the previous two since I had only saw the Steelers in Super Bowl XXX during my lifetime.

Following this weekend however, I am stoked!!! I watched the NFL Network presentation of Super Bowl 43's Key moments and I still have goosebumps fifteen minutes after the show has ended. I may have felt spoiled over the last week, but now I realize that you can't be spoiled if no one expected you to get there in the first place. In our situation,we had a daunting 4 games at the beginning of the year which we fought through without a problem, keeping in mind the downfall our team took by losing to the likes of KC, OAK, and CIN the year before to conclude the season. This year showed how great of a coach Tomlin is, how good our team is as a WHOLE, and how the players, especially those fabulous rookies of this year, are representing the black and gold legacy by stepping up and making the plays when they count. I cannot wait until we roll into this Super Bowl and show the world once again that we are the real deal.

How about you guys, is the excitement building up for you a bit more for you now after realizing the game is nearly less than a week away?! :tt03:

pete74
01-30-2011, 03:48 PM
yea im very excited ut not as much as the last time. 2005 was the 1st time i actually saw the steelers win it then to have them win it again that soon after was insane.

the entire city seems excited but it dosnt seem as big as the last 2 when all you heard was the steeler songs all day on the radio. i think were getting used to being there every few years

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 03:50 PM
pretty damn excited.

i need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile from my face. im whistling zippity-doo-dah out my asshole!

2GQSwMCHJNU

Rick5895
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Excited is an understatement for me, but then I am always excited for the Steelers during the season. It will be a very long week waiting for this game to come.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
yea im very excited ut not as much as the last time. 2005 was the 1st time i actually saw the steelers win it then to have them win it again that soon after was insane.

the entire city seems excited but it dosnt seem as big as the last 2 when all you heard was the steeler songs all day on the radio. i think were getting used to being there every few years

Back in the day when I lived in Pittsburgh it was like that in 1979 - fans were very glad to be back again but it was not as manic as 1974 since everyone assumed the Steelers would just keep winning indefinitely

Next thing you know it took 26 years for the Steelers to win it all again after they beat the Rams

So I am as stoked as ever both because I know there is no guarantee when your team will ever get back (ask Dan Marino or the 85 Bears how that works) and that a number of great vets (Hines, Farrior, Hampton, Smith) are getting to the end of the line

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Pretty pumped, just want to get to 6:30 Sunday. Have not decided if I want to go with the Mike Wallace jersey or the Polamalu jersey..

btaylor179
01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
i will be wearing #92 baby!!!!!!

StainlessStill
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
As anticipated, but emotions are clearing rictor scale records. I'm pretty much giving myself a headache and quite frankly sick of talking about it and breaking things down to the point to where it's making my head hurt even more! It's on my mind all day, everyday.

1 week!

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Pretty pumped, just want to get to 6:30 Sunday. Have not decided if I want to go with the Mike Wallace jersey or the Polamalu jersey..

Going with the road #43 (I have a home #7 that I have not worn this season and certainly will not be wearing next Sunday for reasons of personal preference as well as karma)

SeinfeldNut
01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Going with the road #43 (I have a home #7 that I have not worn this season and certainly will not be wearing next Sunday for reasons of personal preference as well as karma)

Good choice, yeah do not want to ruin the good karma with the most important game in front of us.

SteelCityMom
01-30-2011, 06:09 PM
It hasn't quite hit me fully yet. I'm excited, but I don't have that "pit in my stomach" feeling yet. Most likely by Tuesday I'll be cleaning the same things for the umpteenth time and obsessively watching old Superbowls and Steelers vids lol.

fer522
01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
is it feb-6 yet ?
:tt03: :drink:

chacha
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
It hasn't quite hit me fully yet. I'm excited, but I don't have that "pit in my stomach" feeling yet. Most likely by Tuesday I'll be cleaning the same things for the umpteenth time and obsessively watching old Superbowls and Steelers vids lol.

I do the same thing! I already have all my beloved Steeler stuff ready to bring out again for the game. I think I'm really going to get excited watching the Pro Bowl tonight and knowing our guys arent there because they'll be in the SUPER BOWL!!!!

:tt04:

stb_steeler
01-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Been fired up all week until yesterday....then the flu bug hit. I hope this is cleared up before next Sunday!....Wild horses nor death gonna keep me from seeing this game.:tt:

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Anyone know who the refs are going to be?