PDA

View Full Version : Most popular negative rumors by the media about the Steelers

Beep
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to collect all of them. Both good and bad, for an article I am writing

Some examples are:

Green Bay's Passing Offense is so explosive, they will win the game for the Packers

The Steelers can't beat passing offenses - The Pats and Saints trounced them this year

The Pittsburgh O-Line is terrible and will be without their starting Center Pouncey

Aaron Rodgers is such a clutch QB w/ best postseason ratings ever!

I'm looking for all the popular talking points from all the talking heads on TV, who don't really know much about the Steelers but need something to talk about, so they say the most common things without knowing the facts. The general public (non-Pittsburgh) falls for this nonsense because they believe what they hear on TV.

So what else have you heard as reasoning why the Steelers are in trouble on Sunday?

El Nino
01-30-2011, 04:11 PM
the packers have a better secondary than the jets, ben roethlisberger will struggle, blah blah

Beep
01-30-2011, 04:25 PM
the packers have a better secondary than the jets, ben roethlisberger will struggle, blah blah

Really, better than the Jets? I have not heard that one but I'll add it to the list! Thanks!

By the way, did you hear this from one of the so-called "experts" on ESPN or from someone local?

El Nino
01-30-2011, 04:36 PM
i forget who exactly but i read an article on nfl.com saying something like the green bay secondary being better or more talented than the jets, which is total BS. i doubt the jets would have gotten torched by caleb hanie and those slow wr's from chicago but w/e

whatever they can do to get a story i guess haha

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 04:42 PM
troy is half a step slower, missing tackles, and will be hampered by his injury.

Beep
01-30-2011, 06:03 PM
troy is half a step slower, missing tackles, and will be hampered by his injury.

Good one.

And the other thing is, when has Rodgers even faced a good safety?

When he played Pit earlier, Troy was out. When he played Bal last year, Reed was out.

The only good safety he played was Darren Sharper back in 2008 with Minnesota, and Rodgers went 33/48, 320 yds, 1 TD in two games.

Is there any other good safety he's ever even faced?

LegendSteel
01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Is there any other good safety he's ever even faced?

Now that you mention it...none that I can think of. The Giants can maybe fit that category with Phillips and Rolle, but that's pushing it. They're good, but not elite. Also you have to take into account that when the Pack faced them their confidence was practically zero at that point, considering that was the game right after the collapse against the Eagles.

SteelSurf
01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Our Front Seven eats children.

Third Rail
01-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Is Steve Young going to be doing a pre-game show? Because if he is, I'm sure he's already written a 1,000-word speech on how Ben is the worst quarterback in the NFL and how he's just dripping with anticipation over the fact that Aaron Rodgers will throw for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Oh, and... Green Bay lost to the Redskins. THE REDSKINS. I agree that they're a good team, but any team that can lose to Washington must have some issues.

Acerinox
01-31-2011, 03:39 AM
Green Bay are hot and the hot team "always" wins the SB no matter how unfancied.

Pittsburgh were lucky to get here as the Jets put out all the real contenders (Colts / Pats)

The dome atmosphere will favour the Pack who will thrive on the good turf and passing conditions, and have more experience playing in domes (this is the #1 myth imho)

TRH
01-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Is Steve Young going to be doing a pre-game show? Because if he is, I'm sure he's already written a 1,000-word speech on how Ben is the worst quarterback in the NFL and how he's just dripping with anticipation over the fact that Aaron Rodgers will throw for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Oh, and... Green Bay lost to the Redskins. THE REDSKINS. I agree that they're a good team, but any team that can lose to Washington must have some issues.

yeah, he sucks. Can't stand him. I think he wants to date Aaron Rogers.
As for Ben, every SB he wins is another one that Young didn't. Register it up to bitter jealousy.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Hopefully everyone keeps talking up the huge positives of the Packers. Keep it going!

As when the Steelers Oline was called out to Man up in the last SB, they did.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM

This is so True!!! Young is the biggest hater ever. There are a few guys on NFL network that hate as well that are major haters.. "Rodgers is the better QB, Rodgers is the better athlete" , yada, yada, yada..

Beep
02-01-2011, 07:44 AM
This is so True!!! Young is the biggest hater ever. There are a few guys on NFL network that hate as well that are major haters.. "Rodgers is the better QB, Rodgers is the better athlete" , yada, yada, yada..

I also hear how "hot" aaron rodgers is, but last week he went 17 for 30 with no TDs, 2 Ints, and a 55 QB rating. Because of that one huge game in Atlanta, everyone is riding his jock...

pete74
02-01-2011, 07:49 AM
I also hear how "hot" aaron rodgers is, but last week he went 17 for 30 with no TDs, 2 Ints, and a 55 QB rating. Because of that one huge game in Atlanta, everyone is riding his jock...

that works both ways. Ben's stats were even worse yet both teams won because of there defenses. there are alot of negative things being said about both teams, infact i would say there even in that catagory. the only thing that matters are the steelers belong right were they are and are going to walk away with there 7th trophy

lionslicer
02-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Our Front Seven eats children.

Oh thats not true... Only Hampton does. :chuckle:

Beep
02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
that works both ways. Ben's stats were even worse yet both teams won because of there defenses. there are alot of negative things being said about both teams, infact i would say there even in that catagory. the only thing that matters are the steelers belong right were they are and are going to walk away with there 7th trophy

I disagree. Listening to the media, especially during that Falcons game, the slobbering over Rodgers was at unlistenable proportions. It was as if during the game he morphed into a golden calf idol that was worshiped by the masses.

From that point onward, you ask any average fan or neutral media member (non Pit or GB market) and they will all tell you Rodgers is the better and hotter QB right now.

I'd be interested to see your list all of the negative things being said about the Packers right now, aside from their inexperience in the big game.

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
i think the biggest myth ive heard is that the steelers superbowl experience is overrated, and will mean nothing come gametime

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Yeah, I hate Young. He used to rag on Ben all the time, but then after Super Bowl XLIII he raved about Ben's performance and I thought maybe he'd been won over. But then, the following season, boom, that douche was back to his old arrogant self. If I remember correctly, he did the pregame before the last Steelers/Packers matchup, and he crapped all over Ben and gushed over Rodgers. And then Ben proceeded to throw for 500 yards and 3 TDs, the last of which in in the last seconds of the game.

F*** you, Steve Young. You'll always been The San Fran Quarterback That Wasn't as Good as Joe Montana.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM

And the Dolphins. And the Lions. Chris Berman mentioned this earlier in the season...the Steelers were the only big team to not have a questionable loss this year.