PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody even watching the Pro-Bowl tonight?

SteelCityMom
01-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I thought about it, but I'm not sure if I'm bored enough or not. :chuckle:

I might just download it and watch it some night when I can't fall asleep.

I wish they would change it up a little bit. I kind of like what they did with the NHL All Star game this year (which is just finishing up), though I did have my reservations about it earlier.

What they did was name a captain for each team (one from the east, one from the west) and had the captains hold a draft for all of the All Star players, and then that's who played for each team. It was kind of fun. Not the same old boring best of the east vs. the best of the west type of thing.

(Sorry, not meaning to take it off topic lol...it's just gotten so old and repetitive over the years).

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I used to watch a quarter or so when it was the last game of the year and there was no football for another 6 months. I even bet on the Pro Bowl one year after I had a good Super Sunday and won, but then realized that probably indicated I needed to get my gambling under control:chuckle:)

Now it is not the last game of the year and there are no Steelers playing - I will be taking a pass

MasterOfPuppets
01-30-2011, 05:41 PM
i actually went to the probowl in "97". i watched one quarter. stood by the beer stand which was right beside a womens bathroom , and drank beer and checked out the, "scenery", for a quarter. while i was there i ended up shootin the shit with a few people i just met. they invited me back to their vehicle to tailgate we drank the rest of their beers then went barhopping for a few hours.
it was just boring and hot , and the ticket was only $20 , so it was no biggie. though it was odd leaving a game to go tailgating...:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Ed B. of the P-G reports Roethlisberger will be interviewed live at halftime of the Pro Bowl, so i guess I will turn on the game around 8:15

f you’re reading this before tonight’s Pro Bowl, Ben Roethlisberger will be interviewed at halftime live.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/107794-ed-ward-returning-for-2011

theplatypus
01-30-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that Family Guy will hold my attention longer than the Pro Bowl.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that Family Guy will hold my attention longer than the Pro Bowl.

Not tonight - Pro Bowl is on Fox:chuckle:

theplatypus
01-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Not tonight - Pro Bowl is on Fox:chuckle:

well that just sucks

Netflix it is

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 06:42 PM
im watching. always do. this is the 1st time i can remember not seeing any steelers in it. while i appreciate the reason why, it still kinda sucks.

one of my favorite pro bowls was watching hines ward tear it up with a real qb (p. manning) throwing to him.

he deserved that opportunity to shine.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Turned on the game about 10 minutes ago so i could catch the Ben interview and have seen 3 INTs in about 2 minutes - this game is awful:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
NFC 35 - AFC 0 with 7 minutes to go in the second quarter - Belichick has really coached em up for the AFC tonight:chuckle:

VegasStlrFan
01-30-2011, 07:40 PM
NFC 35 - AFC 0 with 7 minutes to go in the second quarter - Belichick has really coached em up for the AFC tonight:chuckle:

42 - 0, 4:32 to go

touchdownward
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I turned it off after 10-0, just not the same without any Steelers. I just tuned back in with 2:00 min. to go in the first half in time to see the AFC finally get on the board and for the Ben interview.

mesaSteeler
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Pro Bowl? What is this Pro Bowl you speak of? (sarcasm intended)

SH-Rock
01-30-2011, 08:25 PM
The Pro Bowl is the dumbest idea ever. No one wants to play. The skills challenge was more exciting than this.

mesaSteeler
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
The Pro Bowl is the dumbest idea ever. No one wants to play. The skills challenge was more exciting than this.

Not only is it stupid but putting it in middle of the run up to the Super Bowl is dumber than having the game in the first place.

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Not only is it stupid but putting it in middle of the run up to the Super Bowl is dumber than having the game in the first place.

totally agree.

the pro bowl was always my methadone to help ween me off the season once the superbowl was over.

it was always a nice touch watching the sun set on the season late in that hawaii sky.

gamenote- it seems belichick told his 'team" at half that if they didnt win he was gonna run up the score on all of them when he faces them next season.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2011, 08:46 PM
totally agree.

the pro bowl was always my methadone to help ween me off the season once the superbowl was over.

it was always a nice touch watching the sun set on the season late in that hawaii sky.

gamenote- it seems belichick told his 'team" at half that if they didnt win he was gonna run up the score on all of them when he faces them next season.

Guess the pre-game pep talk from Ray Lewis did not work its magic either

tony hipchest
01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Guess the pre-game pep talk from Ray Lewis did not work its magic either:toofunny: that ****ing barking idiot. (pretty obvious his act is tired- this new gerneration of players could care less about the antics of an old man who hasnt won shit in 10+ years)

VegasStlrFan
01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
That game was an embarassment. That doesn't look like a product the NFL would put out.

Buddha Bus
01-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Nope. I turned it on for a minute for a larf and watched an extra point attempt where the defensive line barely stood up and raised a hand in the air. That immediately snapped me out of my dummy coma and reminded me why I don't watch that useless bullshit of a "game" ever anymore.

It didn't help that the uniforms were goddamned hideous eyesores to boot.

Wallace108
01-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Was the Pro Bowl on today? Crap!! I missed it. Oh well, I heard somewhere that there's another game on next Sunday. :tt03:

El Nino
01-30-2011, 11:58 PM
i was there. god damn this cheerleader for the falcons, pardon my french can totally shake that ass. i was distracted the entire game lol

shes not like the hottest cheerleader but the way she moves was like damnnnnn

Wallace108
01-31-2011, 12:01 AM
i was there. god damn this cheerleader for the falcons, pardon my french can totally shake that ass. i was distracted the entire game lol

shes not like the hottest cheerleader but the way she moves was like damnnnnn

So to answer the question of the thread ... no, you weren't even watching the Pro-Bowl tonight. :wink02: :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 12:03 AM
So to answer the question of the thread ... no, you weren't even watching the Pro-Bowl tonight. :wink02: :chuckle:

Maybe the Pro-Bowel? :hunch:

El Nino
01-31-2011, 12:04 AM

well i watched off and on. good thing i wasn't wearing sweatpants lmao

El Nino
01-31-2011, 12:20 AM
the real game is next weekend anyway! i just went to be entertained and see a high scoring game lol. i had the terrible towel waving and represented. saw a lot of black & gold there.

was talking most with some ravens fans, we exchanged words about how we hated eachother but there was a ton of respect both ways, i let em know i loved how they play the game and thought whoever won that matchup in the playoffs was super bowl bound. we shared a few beers and walked off. i doubt it's that friendly at heinz field or in baltimore lol.

there was this browns fan wearing a 'consentlessberger' jersey that was like go packers, and i was like "i don't hear anything coming out of your mouth other than hate hate hate hate hate" :chuckle:

Wallace108
01-31-2011, 12:21 AM
well i watched off and on. good thing i wasn't wearing sweatpants lmao
:sofunny:

You gotta be careful about raising your flag in public. No more than half mast ... that's my general rule. :wink02:

El Nino
01-31-2011, 01:41 AM

You gotta be careful about raising your flag in public. No more than half mast ... that's my general rule. :wink02:

lol yep.

well this should give me nice dreams, picture doesnt do her justice, i could watch her dance for days lol

http://cdn.atlantafalcons.com/flagship/lib/2010/10/biothumb-nicolem-01.jpg

TRH
01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
No.
I didn't even remember (or care) that it was on.
Really....they have to do away with this game for many reasons.
One, not that many people even care about it.
Two, its before the SB, for christs sakes...those players aren't even there?
Third, the players play completely passively so they don't get injured, its not even a "game"

At least the baseball version has a little credibility to it, while the NFL version has zero. Put this "game" to rest

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
More people watched the Pro Bowl last night than watched Game 3 of the World Series.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/01/31/get-rid-of-the-pro-bowl/

But baseball still outrates test patterns

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 11:59 PM
More people watched the Pro Bowl last night than watched Game 3 of the World Series.

all praise be unto Rog Goodallah. :bowdown:

before the days of cable, i would get up early every saturday morning and watch the test signals before the cartoons began.

im thinking w/o cable and 24 hr cartoon networks on multiple chanels, MLB would be trailing. :chuckle:

MACH1
02-01-2011, 12:08 AM
[B]

before the days of cable, i would get up early every saturday morning and watch the test signals before the cartoons began.

The Indian head one was always my favorite.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 12:17 AM

Personally, I was watching this instead all of the of games of the World Series. :chuckle:

qTDUyn6zj5U

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
:chuckle:

:toofunny:

:rofl:

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 12:33 AM
The Indian head one was always my favorite.

:chuckle:

call me simple...

i always enjoyed me an hour or 2 of this.

QBIVOImf_vI&feature=related

turning the volume dial up and down was like playing a spaceship video game.

(then they invented atari) :doh:

MACH1
02-01-2011, 12:37 AM
:laughing:

lionslicer
02-01-2011, 08:38 AM
im watching. always do. this is the 1st time i can remember not seeing any steelers in it. while i appreciate the reason why, it still kinda sucks.

one of my favorite pro bowls was watching hines ward tear it up with a real qb (p. manning) throwing to him.

he deserved that opportunity to shine.

Isn't that the same game he had the only kick return in pro bowl history? And it was only 30 yards because it was on an onside kick. That was a really awesome return.

I usually watch the pro bowl. I watched some of the 2nd quarter (I got home late), but it was like 28 to 0 so I went to go play computer games.

TRH
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/01/31/get-rid-of-the-pro-bowl/

that is SAAAAAAAAD.
People should take a close look at Goodell......then look at the way baseball's latest commissioners have helped almost completely ruin the game.
Bud Selig's "goodell-like, my word, and my word only is the be all, end all....the consequences be damned" pathetic leadership and terrible skills have hurt baseball HUGE. Goodell is moving down the exact same path.

"Football team owners....look alive....your commissioner is burying your sport" (i fully wouldn't expect Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones to be involved in a revolt, but the other team owners need to think about this)