PDA

View Full Version : SB Practice sessions...

caseydog
01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I live in Dallas, and the the weather forecast for this week SUCKS!!!

The Steelers are practicing at TCU in Fort Worth, and the other guys are practicing at SMU in Dallas. Pretty equal facilities.

On tuesday, the high is forecast at 35 degrees, with an 80-percent chance of precipitation going into the night, with a low of 15-degrees. Possible NorthTexas ice storm in the making.

The forecast high for Wednesday is 27-degrees. If we get ice Tuesday night, both practice fields are going to be fubar on Wednesday, and possibly into Thursday.

Even if we don't get an ice storm, practicing in 27-degrees for an indoor game is not what I would call optimum.

At least, both teams will have the same practice conditions, but I do hope the Steelers get a good week of practice in.

CD

SH-Rock
01-30-2011, 10:41 PM
What happened to indoor facilities?

caseydog
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
What happened to indoor facilities?

Indoor facilities will be available, but as far as I can tell, they will not be indoor football fields. TCU and SMU have outdoor fields.

I don't know for sure that the weather will effect practice here, but the weather forecast did get my attention.

CD

caseydog
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Well, I did some Googling, and it appears that TCU has the Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility, that includes a n 80 yard indoor field.

If the Packers need to go indoors, they will practice at the Highland Park High School indoor football practice facility. Yes, there are a few high schools here with indoor football practice facilities. High School football coaches make six-figures -- at taxpayer expense.

CD

Acerinox
01-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Maybe Sanders can get his old pals from SMU to leave thumbtacks on their benches and dookie all over the field