PDA

View Full Version : C. Jackson 1 S. Holmes 0

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Just found some interesting footage of Chad 'The Hands' Jackson putting Steelers 2006 1st round draft pick to shame in a Juggs ball catching contest.

Jackson is quicker and appears to have better hands aswell.....did the Steelers trade up for the wrong guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ&search=chad%20jackson

Enjoy :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Just found some interesting footage of Chad 'The Hands' Jackson putting Steelers 2006 1st round draft pick to shame in a Juggs ball catching contest.

Jackson is quicker and appears to have better hands aswell.....did the Steelers trade up for the wrong guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ&search=chad%20jackson

Enjoy :cool:

NM

lol. chad johnson beat hines ward at the same competition a year or 2 ago at the skills challenge at the pro bowl.

chad jackson = bethel johnson.

trading up for the best wr in the game isnt trading up for the wrong guy. ive seen the pats draft board. they settled for 2nd best.

and good thing the steelers arent relying on a jugs machine to get their player the ball.

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Ok Ive just realised that it was Sinorice Moss that was in 2nd place....Santonio wasnt even at the competition?..or if he was then im guessing he didnt make the leaderboard.

Bethel Johnson is quick - but his hands and college production are incomparable to Chad Jackson.

NM

bengalsfan21
05-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I take it Holmes didn't even do well enough to register lol

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Ok Ive just realised that it was Sinorice Moss that was in 2nd place....Santonio wasnt even at the competition?

NM

T. Hipchest 1 L. Inthe Past 0 :sofunny:

holmes would kill jackson on the jugs. i bet their scouting reports say the same. i bet holmes jumps higher and could beat him in a footrace too. its one thing to run with noone. its completely different when youre racing someone.

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I take it Holmes didn't even do well enough to register lol yeah, the bengals dont even need to bother covering him in thursday nights openning game. oh wait...they ducked out of that one.

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm glad that Chad Jackson scored so well in this "made for TV" event. I'm sure he'll enjoy his free TV's. I'm surprised the other 31 teams who passed him up (some of them twice) didn't put much more stock into this all-important NFL success predicting event. After all, they all saw the overwhelming success last years winner, Troy Williamson had in Minnesota!

I also didn't notice Santonio Holmes in the competion at all.

And you wonder why you were asked to leave for 3 days?

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:23 PM
T. Hipchest 1 L. Inthe Past 0 :sofunny:

holmes would kill jackson on the jugs. i bet their scouting reports say the same. i bet holmes jumps higher and could beat him in a footrace too. its one thing to run with noone. its completely different when youre racing someone.

Hey no way.

Jackson killed all-comers in that catching competition - Holmes didnt even turn up.

You never know, in the neat future BB might well play Jackson at CB - so we can see how that footrace works out :cool:

NM

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm glad that Chad Jackson scored so well in this "made for TV" event. I'm sure he'll enjoy his free TV's. I'm surprised the other 31 teams who passed him up (some of them twice) didn't put much more stock into this all-important NFL success predicting event. After all, they all saw the overwhelming success last years winner, Troy Williamson had in Minnesota!

Wow.

So now I can't have a bit harmless football smack in the blast furnace?

You need to find yourself a sense of humor..or do what you said you would do and stay off my threads.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 06:27 PM
my dogs bigger than your dog....:nana:

dSharp
05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
smack is fine, but it helps to actually have the player we got INVOLVED in the competition when you make the title of the thread as you did. I think that's what Suit's saying. Maybe.. probably.. yea. :)

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Now wait just a minute...I can't talk smack on MY TEAMS smack forum? You just got caught posting up smack that was wrong, and what's worse, was pro-Pats, anti-Steelers smack, which you basically are supposed to steer clear of, got called on it and....hey, wait...you tried to make it my fault that you were wrong...

Where have we seen THIS before?

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
smack is fine, but it helps to actually have the player we got INVOLVED in the competition when you make the title of the thread as you did. I think that's what Suit's saying. Maybe.. probably.. yea. :)

Its not my fault he wasnt invited.

My teams WR won a receiving competition...your teams WR didnt even show up :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey no way.

Jackson killed all-comers in that catching competition - Holmes didnt even turn up.

You never know, in the neat future BB might well play Jackson at CB - so we can see how that footrace works out :cool:

NM well if that was at the combine holmes couldve missed it cause he was sick with the flu. he did bother to turn in a 40 time of 4.34 though.

pats may need to use jackson at cb (especially if they get that dreaded matchup vs. the steelers in the playoffs). hell if t. brown can be a nickel back....

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Now wait just a minute...I can't talk smack on MY TEAMS smack forum? You just got caught posting up smack that was wrong, and what's worse, was pro-Pats, anti-Steelers smack, which you basically are supposed to steer clear of, got called on it and....hey, wait...you tried to make it my fault that you were wrong...

Where have we seen THIS before?

Thats pretty funny Suitanim.

Maybe I did you a disservice saying you didnt have a sense of humor!

Im a Pats fan - hence the pro-pats line.

This a Steeler blast furnace forum - hence the anti-Steelers line.

Nothing I am doing here is against forum rules so you should stop insinuating otherwise.

Nobody asked you onto this thread - its not related to you..do what you told everyone you were so good at...and stay away from my threads.

NM

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 06:53 PM
"Stay away from your threads?"

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

First you diss a player from my favorite college team.

Then you do it on my teams board.

Then you are wrong.

Then you try to deflect it onto me.

Then you try it again.

Then you say, to ME, that nobody asked me onto this thread? YOU asked me onto this thread, and you were actually pretty efficient about it. You got my college team, my pro team, and my pro teams first round pick, and did it all in a few sentences. The fact that you were wrong is just gravy.

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
I have absolutely nothing, NOTHING to do with your suspension. In fact, after I was warned, I avoided you as much as possible.

Liar.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
:popcorn:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
LITP,dude you sure are slipping.Holmes wan't even there.Maybe he wasn't invited...maybe he was and turned down the invitation.

We'll have a new score list after this season.It will read:

Super Bowl Rings:

Holmes 1
Jackson 0

BTW,good work with the pick.Both guys will be stars in the league.

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
LITP,dude you sure are slipping.Holmes wan't even there.Maybe he wasn't invited...maybe he was and turned down the invitation.

We'll have a new score list after this season.It will read:

Super Bowl Rings:

Holmes 1
Jackson 0

BTW,good work with the pick.Both guys will be stars in the league.

Hey Roeth,

It was a shoddy piece of detective work for sure - I seen the link on a Pats forum and thought id post it here.

The stuff about not being invited....well that was some pretty desperate back tracking right there :cool:

I happen to agree that both guys should excel - it wasnt a 'deep' draft for WR's but those guys would have 1st round ratings most years I think.

Oh...and we'll see about that ring score early next year :blurp:

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Roeth,

It was a shoddy piece of detective work for sure - I seen the link on a Pats forum and thought id post it here.

The stuff about not being invited....well that was some pretty desperate back tracking right there :cool:

I happen to agree that both guys should excel - it wasnt a 'deep' draft for WR's but those guys would have 1st round ratings most years I think.

Oh...and we'll see about that ring score early next year :blurp:

NM

Yeah,when Holmes burns your recievers for a 40 yard TD bomb in the 1st quarter you'll be sh!tting your pants.

Livinginthe past
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah,when Holmes burns your recievers for a 40 yard TD bomb in the 1st quarter you'll be sh!tting your pants.

This in the AFCC game at Foxboro I presume?

It'd be nice to let the good people of Boston enjoy a Pats victory over the Steelers in the Championship game - seems such a waste to keep doing it in front of the Steeler faithful.

NM

CantStop85
05-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I got to watch Chad Jackson a lot in the SEC...the kid's the real deal. I like him better than Santonio Holmes. Of course, I would take Ted Ginn Jr. over both of them. :grin:

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I got to watch Chad Jackson a lot in the SEC...the kid's the real deal. I like him better than Santonio Holmes. Of course, I would take Ted Ginn Jr. over both of them. :grin:
there's that bengal mentallity.....:rolleyes:

CantStop85
05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
there's that bengal mentallity.....:rolleyes:
What? Ted Ginn Jr. is a freak, man.

I think Chad Jackson's a little more NFL ready than Santonio, I could be wrong. But, how can you not like a receiver with a name like Chad Jackson? Or Calvin Johnson for that matter? I wonder what it is about those names...:blurp:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Oi Vey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant we all just get along.. puhleeeezzzzzzzz

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM

I think Chad Jackson's a little more NFL ready than Santonio, I could be wrong. But, how can you not like a receiver with a name like Chad Jackson? Or Calvin Johnson for that matter? I wonder what it is about those names...:blurp:
could it be,watching the sorry ass bengals for so long has distorted your perception of talent??? i mean kinda like if you been in prison for 15 years,any woman is gonna look good.....:sofunny:

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Liar.

NM

F UC K You. I tried to be nice to you during the draft, even gave you some rep, and you revert right back to the POS you are, all in less than 2 days.

DIESELMAN
05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
All those catches and ZERO yards.........:helmet:

Livinginthe past
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
F UC K You. I tried to be nice to you during the draft, even gave you some rep, and you revert right back to the POS you are, all in less than 2 days.

Just so you know, I have already reported your behaviour on this thread to the mods.

We all had warnings for personal abusive behaviour - you are completely unable to participate without dragging it back down to this level.

This is Steeler v Patriot smack - and very light hearted at that - yet you cannot operate at this level - see how everyone else responded to this thread?

They kept it light, pointing out what they think their WR is going to do to our D - you, on the other hand immediately become abusive in a personal way and suggest that I deserve to be suspended again for a harmless thread.

Your ridiculous over reactions to just about everything are the main reason a few of us have got in trouble with the mods in the past - I dont want to go back down that route again and refuse to run the risk of getting suspended again.

NM

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I see, I see...YOUR baiting ME is my fault, and has gotten us all in trouble.

And don't EVER call me a liar again. There's only one liar between us, and you've been caught in dozens of them...and I won't stand for your deflections and projections.

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 09:35 AM

I think Chad Jackson's a little more NFL ready than Santonio, I could be wrong. :
yeah, i agree. youre probably wrong. one just needs to look at the track record of osu creating nfl ready receivers:

c. carter
j. galloway
t. glenn
d. boston

vs all the wr's the gators and ol' ballcoach turned out. hell even spurriers whole system failed in the nfl.

im sure even litp can remember a young immobile roethlisberger type qb, with a stud for a t.e., getting one of those osu rookies and setting the rookie receptions record with 90+ with him. a combo that would lead to a sb berth, almost immediately.

Livinginthe past
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
yeah, i agree. youre probably wrong. one just needs to look at the track record of osu creating nfl ready receivers:

c. carter
j. galloway
t. glenn
d. boston

vs all the wr's the gators and ol' ballcoach turned out. hell even spurriers whole system failed in the nfl.

im sure even litp can remember a young immobile roethlisberger type qb, with a stud for a t.e., getting one of those osu rookies and setting the rookie receptions record with 90+ with him. a combo that would lead to a sb berth, almost immediately.

Even LITP??? The cheek.

Bledsoe/ Coates is the combo you are alluding to.

NM

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
yep, bledsoe and coates. i had that tandem in fantasy thet year and it worked out quite well for me. (needless to say i followed the team and their numbers on a weekly basis) glenn was the rookie record setter.

just listenning to p. kirwan on sirius discussing how 2 weeks up to the draft, jackson was #1 on alot of teams draftboards, but with a week to go holmes had pretty muched replaced him as the projected #1. the reason was, while jackson had all the great combine numbers, holmes was the one who showed up on tape and film study. he simply did all the things expected of a wr when the gamefilm was broken down.

BB2W
05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
They should bench Brady and start a Juggs machine. :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Bring the smack my friend. But when Santonio wins rookie of the year. Then you will see the Steelers did indeed draft the right guy and the best reciever in the draft. I should note that I like both players alot and I think both will be stars in the NFL. I'm just glad the Steelers didn't get Moss. I didn't want Moss at all. Eli can have him.

Oh there is nothing wrong with alittle smack. I hope just you know that the Steeler Dynasty is back.:bouncy:

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Of course, there's the other take. Chad Jackson is almost a sure bet, considering all the recent success Florida WR's have enjoyed. Just take a look at this lengthy list of moderately successful NFL WR's from Florida:

9 Ike Hilliard
10 (Maybe) Darrell Jackson

I remember the last overhyped Gator WR, Taylor Jacobs. He was picked in almost the same spot, and has torn through NFL defenses, catching 30 whole passes over the last 3 seasons.

That's THIRTY passes...TOTAL...averaging 10 catches a year.

But I bet he was great on that Juggs machine!

shimmysteelerfan
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
They should bench Brady and start a Juggs machine. :rolleyes:

you couldn't have put it any better
:rofl: :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I remember the last overhyped Gator WR, Taylor Jacobs. He was picked in almost the same spot, and has torn through NFL defenses, catching 30 whole passes over the last 3 seasons.
and lets not forget travis taylor....the ratbirds made him the 10th overall pick...i think its safe to say he never lived up to the billing.

CantStop85
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Of course, there's the other take. Chad Jackson is almost a sure bet, considering all the recent success Florida WR's have enjoyed. Just take a look at this lengthy list of moderately successful NFL WR's from Florida:

9 Ike Hilliard

But I bet he was great on that Juggs machine!
I'd defend Florida, but being as I'm a UK fan, I really hate Florida...so please continue on with the Gator bashing. :boxing:

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Really no big break from my routine. I've hated all 3 of the "axis of evil" teams since I moved to Florida back in the early 90's.

Although, since the Steelers seem to think FSU is okay to draft from now, maybe they might be peeking out of my doghouse.

3 to be 4
05-02-2006, 08:33 PM
lol. chad johnson beat hines ward at the same competition a year or 2 ago at the skills challenge at the pro bowl.

chad jackson = bethel johnson.

trading up for the best wr in the game isnt trading up for the wrong guy. ive seen the pats draft board. they settled for 2nd best.

and good thing the steelers arent relying on a jugs machine to get their player the ball.

Jackson=Bethel??? oh,come on, Tony, you dont really believe THAT do you?

Bethel had no credentials other than speed coming out of college.

3 to be 4
05-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Bring the smack my friend. But when Santonio wins rookie of the year. Then you will see the Steelers did indeed draft the right guy and the best reciever in the draft. I should note that I like both players alot and I think both will be stars in the NFL. I'm just glad the Steelers didn't get Moss. I didn't want Moss at all. Eli can have him.

Oh there is nothing wrong with alittle smack. I hope just you know that the Steeler Dynasty is back.:bouncy:

good thing the Bengals are the biggest rivals.

now the Patriots and Steelers fans are fighting over who has the better rookie WR.
Brady vs Ben. Bill vs Bill. 3 SBs in the decade vs 5 overall.

this is the rivalry!!!!!!!!

the Bengals suck

3 to be 4
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM

Ted Ginn? wasnt he the gay guy on "Too Close For Comfort"????

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM

what??? bengalfans covet jm bullock as their wide receiver?

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 08:47 PM

Oh boy...

Ted Ginn Jr.

Know the name. You'll be hearing a LOT of it for the next 15 years, and maybe for another 15 after that.

3 to be 4
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe im thinking of a Ted McGinley. who's Ted McGinley?

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Really no big break from my routine. I've hated all 3 of the "axis of evil" teams since I moved to Florida back in the early 90's.

Although, since the Steelers seem to think FSU is okay to draft from now, maybe they might be peeking out of my doghouse.
THEY ALSO TOOK A GUY FROM THE "U"...........

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 08:43 AM
THEY ALSO TOOK A GUY FROM THE "U"...........
Yeah, but I'm still in denial over that pick...I keep telling myself it was Miami (Oh)...

BBC
05-03-2006, 03:54 PM

Eh, FSU shouldn't be peeking out. Chris Hope was a 'Nole.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM

9 Ike Hilliard

But I bet he was great on that Juggs machine!Don't forget about Jabar Gaffney:sofunny:

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Holmes is a Steelers now, so we all got his back. But I`m sure the Steelers did thier homework, and thye would have taken alot more than just a competion to make the pick.

Props Steelers great move.

Livinginthe past
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Holmes is a Steelers now, so we all got his back. But I`m sure the Steelers did thier homework, and thye would have taken alot more than just a competion to make the pick.

Props Steelers great move.

You are right of course Cleve,

there is no way im going to say that the Steelers have drafted a bum receiver - I would personally have been happy with either.

I hear alot of good things about Holmes breakaway speed once he has caught the ball - and his ultra precise route running - one thing I have seen red flagged a couple of times is his method of holding the ball which leads to fumbles - but such a minor problem with a rookie should be easily rectified by the Steelers coaches.

Im expecting both players to make an impact next year.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM
You are right of course Cleve,

there is no way im going to say that the Steelers have drafted a bum receiver - I would personally have been happy with either.

I hear alot of good things about Holmes breakaway speed once he has caught the ball - and his ultra precise route running - one thing I have seen red flagged a couple of times is his method of holding the ball which leads to fumbles - but such a minor problem with a rookie should be easily rectified by the Steelers coaches.

Im expecting both players to make an impact next year.

NMi just can't help but wonder if the steelers were gonna pull the trigger on jackson if holmes were already gone.

Stlrs4Life
05-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Eh, FSU shouldn't be peeking out. Chris Hope was a 'Nole.

So was Alonzo Jackson.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 10:41 PM
i just can't help but wonder if the steelers were gonna pull the trigger on jackson if holmes were already gone. good question. they wouldnt have traded up for him but im thinking l. white mightve been a steeler.

SteelShooter
05-06-2006, 04:10 AM

He needs 3 TV's: 1) Livingroom 2) Kitchen 3) Toilet:

- so he will not miss watching a single moment of Pittsburgh in SuperBowl XLI ! ! ! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
:bump:

:rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl:

i was searching for some salary cap info (that i dropped) in a thread LITP started.

holy shit! searching though his threads is pure 24K comedy gold!

whatever happened to that fool of a wannabe football savant?

oh yeah....

:chuckle: = supreme ownage

St33lersguy
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Should the Steelers have drafted Jackson over Holmes? hmmm?
Santonio: SB XLIII MVP

C. Jackson: Has yet to do anything in an NFL game

Yep we should have got Chad Jackson :chuckle:

Preacher
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM

i was searching for some salary cap info (that i dropped) in a thread LITP started.

oh yeah....

I wonder what ever happened to the Suit guy. . .

You and him seem to get along pretty good back then!! :rofl:

SteelCityMan786
02-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Whoa! This is a blast from the past.

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I got to watch Chad Jackson a lot in the SEC...the kid's the real deal. I like him better than Santonio Holmes. Of course, I would take Ted Ginn Jr. over both of them. :grin: i just figured out why the bengals suck.....CS85 is a talent scout for em.......:rofl: ....:nana:

CantStop85
02-28-2009, 01:50 AM
i just figured out why the bengals suck.....CS85 is a talent scout for em.......:rofl: ....:nana:

I blame the patriots. :flap:

HometownGal
02-28-2009, 09:10 AM

oh yeah....

TH

I fixed your post for ya. :chuckle::wink02:

revefsreleets
02-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Hmmmmm...without looking, didn't I compare YPC? I think Jackson's was awful. That is one of the key predictor's for success from college to the NFL. Ability to separate is another, but that's difficult to actually predict.