PDA

View Full Version : Goodell Throws Roethlisberger Under The Bus In SI This Week

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Peter King of SI says in his MMQB column today that a long article on Dark Lord Goodell is running in the upcoming issue.

Here is what Goodell has to say on Roethlisberger and the suspension

Goodell said he "doesn't feel any connection'' with Ben Roethlisberger. Not too surprising there. I'd always heard Roethlisberger felt he got railroaded on his six-game suspension that was reduced to four. But Goodell said he had "some very tough times'' with Chicago defensive tackle Tank Johnson before suspending him, and that Donte' Stallworth chafed when first told he'd be suspended for a year after a car Stallworth was driving struck a man on a Miami causeway and killed him, with the player being legally drunk at the time.

"The one thing I take a little bit of issue with is when guys tell me they're being screwed,'' Goodell said. "[Most often] they're not recognizing they have a role in it.'' Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''....

By way of comparison, Goodell has this to say about convicted felon Mike Vick

He says he thinks Mike Vick "is sincerely trying.... "But Michael said to me, he said my number one goal is to make you proud and ... win that Super Bowl and be that MVP. We talk about that every once in a while. And it could happen. It would be a pretty cool moment"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/30/super-bowl-week/index.html

Nice of Goodell to rehash stories of tension between Roethlisberger and his teammates - i was unaware not being popular with the players had anything to do with suspending a player. I also did not know the head of the league would regard the Super Bowl MVP trophy being won by a convicted felon who pleaded guilty to engaging in some fairly significant anti-social behavior would be "a pretty cool moment " given that we know there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Roethlisberger ever getting that award

I really dislike Goodell

Goodell has to be rooting hard for the Packers

TRH
01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
what do you expect? Goodell is a fan of Kraft, the Patriots, and Tom Brady. A fan.
He's f-ing pissed Pittsburgh was in the SB. Yes, he's rooting hard for the Packers. He was rooting even harder for the Jets (an NFL, NY-office based team for one and the other to keep the Steelers out of it)

I found the comments above to be HUGELY unprofessional, bitter, and i further dislike Goodell (if thats even possible)

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 08:37 AM
But on page 2 of that article there was this:

"But around the Steelers, you hear good things about the life and times of the guy. I don't blame women who won't forgive Roethlisberger for the story in Georgia last winter (including some very, very close to me), but the fact that he's been chastened and knocked down a few pegs by Goodell and others in his life has had a big impact on him this year.

"Other than my son and my daughter,'' said offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, "I've never been prouder of anyone in my life than Ben this year. I trust my kids' judgment, and they have known Ben for a long time. They've both told me, 'Dad, he's different. He's himself again.' ''

I'll take Arians' first-hand assessment over Goodell's third-hand version.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 08:39 AM
if the Steelers win Sunday evening, I hope that not one single player accepts Ms. Goodell's insincere congratulations, and ignores him completely during the post-game celebration

TRH
01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
if the Steelers win Sunday evening, I hope that not one single player accepts Ms. Goodell's insincere congratulations, and ignores him completely during the post-game celebration

haha. that would be priceless....although it would never happen

Curtain_of_Steel
01-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Goodell doesn't feel a connection with Ben? Is that a requirement? Ben should worship this guy?

I really would like to see Harrison "connect" with Goddell on the podium and take him right off it. It would be curious to see Harrisons and Ben's general reaction to this guy. Since Harrison declined to go to the Whitehouse in the past, it sort of show he doesn;t like the phony bs that goes on. Curious if he would ignore the Roger the Great.

jaygorius
01-31-2011, 08:43 AM
All this hate coming out on Ben now... I think people love a comeback story but just not so soon, as in the same season? Maybe people feel like he hasn't paid enough yet? It doesn't matter to me as a Steelers fan, I will be happy if they win.

I'd image that Ben has taken the position this week of not viewing any media (the whole team for that matter). They'll get asked lots of questions about it this week, and if Ben has really become a better teammate as we are hearing from the team, then hopefully they will rally around him.

pghfrank62
01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
This is just the start of the crap this week. The media frenzy in Dallas is sure to be a fiasco when it comes to Ben. I will bet a dollar to a donut every time he is interviewed this week he will be asked about both cases and his answer will be im here to play football. This is Roger the Emperors worst nightmare having the Steelers in The Big Dance, at the Palace in Dallas!!!!!!!!

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
It will just be hysterical to watch Goodell hand that trophy to Roethlisberger and better yet, have to congratulate him for winning the Super Bowl MVP. Those are going to be some sweet, sweet moments if they come to pass.

It may go something like this...

owzhYNcd4OM&feature=related

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 08:48 AM

I think doing just the opposite would be better.

If we win, I'd like to see Ben shake Goodell's hand and tell him that the year has given him an opportunity to take stock of his life and that if things hadn't happened the way they did, he would never have been able to become the person he has and that he owes it all to the respect and support of his teammates.

And then have the camera focus on Goodell's face as he searches for an answer to that.

Living good is the best revenge.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 08:52 AM
It will just be hysterical to watch Goodell hand that trophy to Roethlisberger and better yet, have to congratulate him for winning the Super Bowl MVP.

Roethlisberger would do the politically-correct thing, smile, and compliment Goodell's choice of lip-enhancement:
I doubt James Harrison would be so diplomatic

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonrips-outahumanheart.jpg

pete74
01-31-2011, 08:59 AM

i would love that. everyone just turns there back to him. those comments he made were uncalled for and he probably did it to act as a distraction towards ben. now ben is thinking why all his teamates said this leading up to the super bowl

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Be kind to your enemies...

...it drives them crazy.

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
This whole article to me is Yellow Journalism at its finest.

It's up to an editor to decide how an article looks when it's finished and in this case it was obvious that they want the article to make Ben look bad.

If the write/editor had put Arians' quote on the first page and Goodell's comments on the second page, it would have made Goodell look like the bad guy instead of Ben. But SI has to kiss Goodell's ass because if they don't then their "access" is jeopardized, so from that standpoint it's wiser to attack an employee than to go after the boss. Besides, if SI praises Ben (or simply makes him look good) then there's no story and God forbid they don't have a "story".

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, Goodell has to be the worst commissioner in NFL history.

How unprofessional to even be talking about Ben and what his teammates said to him during the playoffs or the week of the SB?!!!!

The commissioner should be impartial. He should not be bad talking a player that is in the process of trying to win a SB to the friggen media. There are enough distractions. The media is looking for anything to run with. And Goodell tells a major publication that Bens teammates had nothing good to say about the guy?...... besides the fact I'm sure those players he spoke with expected this to be kept quite.....or at the very least not brought up a week before the SB.

What an f-ling scum bag. If this doesn't tell you that Goodell is out to get the Steelers then I don't know what does. Obviously there is something between the Rooneys and Goodell that we dont' know about. I wonder what was said when Goodell tried to break up the steelers ownership? Goodell has had it out for our team since he took office.

The friggen commissioner is trying to stir things up during superbowl week? Are you kidding me? IMO this should be grounds for firing Goodell. This is the last straw of a long line of BS from this guy. How can Mr. Rooney just stand there and take this?

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM

It's up to an editor to decide how an article looks when it's finished and in this case it was obvious that they want the article to make Ben look bad.

If the write/editor had put Arians' quote on the first page and Goodell's comments on the second page, it would have made Goodell look like the bad guy instead of Ben. But SI has to kiss Goodell's ass because if they don't then their "access" is jeopardized, so from that standpoint it's wiser to attack an employee than to go after the boss. Besides, if SI praises Ben (or simply makes him look good) then there's no story and God forbid they don't have a "story".

SI did not manufacture the Goodell quotes about Vick and Roethlisberger - Goodell gave those quotes and knew what he was up to (although he probably assumed when he gave the interview, which I would guess was not in the past 10 days, it would not relate to the AFC Super Bowl rep since New England rather than Pittsburgh would be representing the AFC - Goodell also may have thought there was a good chance Vick would be in Dallas as the NFC rep's QB when he gave those quotes to Peter King). IMO a subtext to the Vick deserves a chance/Ben is a bum quotes from Goodell is that Goodell continues to put out the story he can beat up on a high profile white player and is not hating on only black players with suspensions for off the field conduct..

As far as which quotes are more newsworthy, King usually finishes up MMQB on Sunday night/Monday morning and I bet has mimimal editorial rewrites of his work given his value to SI. Showcasing quotes from the NFL Commissioner in what King says is the longest article he has ever written for the magazine as opposed to quotes from an offensive coordinator who is not going to undermine his QB and probably owes his continuing employment in Pittsburgh to that QB's support looks the like the correct editorial call to me

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 09:48 AM

The commissioner should not be discussing players that are involved in the playoffs.....unless you are talking about a current issue. Why on earth is Goodell bring this up now? Did he also talk about the conversations he had with the Packers players when accusations of sexual assault were made at Clay Mathews golf tournament last summer? Did Goodell also talk about the Packers star defensive end John Jolly getting arrested on felony drug charges?

I just cant even believe the commissioner would say that Ben's teammates threw him under the bus to the media during SB week. unbelievable.

Im sure Vick's teammates all talked about how great the guy is after getting arrested for killing dogs for fun. Where was Goodell during the Eagles playoff week?

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Where was Goodell during the Eagles playoff week?

Busy polishing Tom Brady's knob and telling him how awesome he is. :chuckle:

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
SI did not manufacture the Goodell quotes about Vick and Roethlisberger - Goodell gave those quotes and knew what he was up to (although he probably assumed when he gave the interview, which I would guess was not in the past 10 days, it would not relate to the AFC Super Bowl rep since New England rather than Pittsburgh would be representing the AFC - Goodell also may have thought there was a good chance Vick would be in Dallas as the NFC rep's QB when he gave those quotes to Peter King). IMO a subtext to the Vick deserves a chance/Ben is a bum quotes from Goodell is that Goodell continues to put out the story he can beat up on a high profile white player and is not hating on only black players with suspensions for off the field conduct..

As far as which quotes are more newsworthy, King usually finishes up MMQB on Sunday night/Monday morning and I bet has mimimal editorial rewrites of his work given his value to SI. Showcasing quotes from the NFL Commissioner in what King says is the longest article he has ever written for the magazine as opposed to quotes from an offensive coordinator who is not going to undermine his QB and probably owes his continuing employment in Pittsburgh to that QB's support looks the like the correct editorial call to me

Maybe you're right.

But I think that if the article led with the Arian's quote and was followed by Goodell's quote, it would have come off as a more balanced article. The way it reads now is that Goodell thinks Ben is a bum and that's where people stop reading because Goodell (for right or wrong) is "the man" and most people who are not plugged in to the game will take his word as the Commissioner of the NFL and leave it at that.

Couple that with the fact that most people enjoy seeing the train wreck over the heartwarming feel-good story about the survivors and that's what sells magazines.

As for Goodell himself, he obviously has issues with Ben and it could be that he simply doesn't like him and wouldn't like him even if Ben never went to Millidgeville. Everybody knows someone like that - someone that they work with or live near who they don't necessarily hate, but would never bother to try to like either. Couple that feeling with what's happened between Ben and Goodell and maybe that dislike just bubbles to the surface more so than it ought to.

realdeal
01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Goodell is an obvious Steeler hater!! Him and Bob Kraft are butt buddies who must pissed right about now with the Steelers on the verge of 7!!:tt04:

Farrior_roirraW
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
F.uck Goodell.

quiggle
01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
for the commissioner to say these things somewhat worries me that the higher powers above are giving orders to the referees to see it that Green Bay wins the Super Bowl, what a foot in the mouth Goddell will endure now to see the Steelers win it all and he has the power to make sure it doesn't happen. :(

El Nino
01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
goodell is a fag

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Actually, the thing that's making me smile the most right now is that the talking heads are desperately trying to make huge issues out of either Ben's history or Pouncey's leg and neither one is becoming the headlines they're hoping for and it's driving them nuts.

To our credit, we're not panicking over Pouncey and Ben's whole deal is basically ancient history so we're free to focus on what matters.

The talking heads hate it when there's no panic.

CargoJon
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Goodell is an ass. My wife used to work at NFL HQ year ago, and when Goodell got announced as the new commish, she said "Uh Oh...this guy is a major league D I C K".

Clearly the right thing to do for Ben would have been to pull a Favre, and not cooperate at all with any investigation. He could have paid his $50K fine an gotten on with his season with no suspension. What kind of commissioner doesn't suspend a guy who doesn't cooperate with an investigation??

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
What kind of commissioner doesn't suspend a guy who doesn't cooperate with an investigation??

This kind.

http://www.gardenerspalace.com/Keg//wp-content/uploads/2010/03/roger-goodell.jpg

SteelerEmpire
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''....

LOL... I don't believe that... I'll be glad when that 'ass of a man' Goodell finally falls.

SH-Rock
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Well Mr.Goodell, I bet it would ruin your year if you had to hand the Lombardi to Ben after the Steelers win.

jjpro11
01-31-2011, 11:58 AM
what a ****. just a straight up douche bag.. that is about as unprofessional a thing you can do as commissioner. did he tell the Steelers players he was interviewing that he'd go public with their comments, only short of specifically naming names? an he wonders why the Steelers players and coaches hate him and have zero respect for him.

chacha
01-31-2011, 12:14 PM
SI sucks and Goodell is the absolute worst commissioner every

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I suppose those of us who post here might be regarded as being too committted to the Steelers to have an unbiased opinion about Goodell

OTOH Bob Smizik of the P-G has seen a lot in 40 years as a sports reporter and is not going to be acccused of being hopelessly in the tank for the Steelers. Smizik's reaction is as follows:

I was quite surprised that Goodell would make those remarks public. Could have been skillful interviewing by King but that does not excuse Goodell. He should have kept that information to himself. Roethlisberger and the Steelers have a right to be upset.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/bob-smizik-chat

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
i listened to peter king this mornig on sirius talking about his grand article coming out on goodell.

also included in the article is quotes from robert kraft essentially calling goodell the smartest man to ever walk the earth and how not even the owners who voted him in were prescient enough to know what a brilliant genius they were getting as the new commish. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

:puke:

scsteeler
01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Goodell Sucks and wants to create controversy with the Steelers. He is upset his Baby Brady is not playing in the SB and he loves the Kraft's. I don't know who thought of getting this jerk as the commissioner but it was a mistake.

acidburn517
01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
I hope the steelers use this as fuel to the fire and win the Superbowl just to show up this idiot. It's not enough that they've practically handed the trophy over to the Packers before the game is even played, they have to play with our QB and team's heads. It's like they're sabotaging us.

stb_steeler
01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
i listened to peter king this mornig on sirius talking about his grand article coming out on goodell.

also included in the article is quotes from robert kraft essentially calling goodell the smartest man to ever walk the earth and how not even the owners who voted him in were prescient enough to know what a brilliant genius they were getting as the new commish. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

It is true...justice is blind. Nobody labeled him a genius, well ,maybe Kraft did. SUCK UP KING......

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I hope the steelers use this as fuel to the fire and win the Superbowl just to show up this idiot. It's not enough that they've practically handed the trophy over to the Packers before the game is even played, they have to play with our QB and team's heads. It's like they're sabotaging us.just wait til the refs get involved...

theres no way james harrison will even get away with looking at a qb sideways.

remember the last SB when james was blocking that offensive player to the ground and supposedly punching him to keep him down?

madden and michaels had a fit. you can bet goodell remembers that and will have clips for the officials to review.

last week on the ESPN piece they ran about james before the game was james saying his meeting with goodell was a waste of time because nothing was accomplished.

i worry about this game.

quiggle
01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
i worry about this game.

you're not the only one, and karma from XL still hasn't come around yet.

acidburn517
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
just wait til the refs get involved...

i worry about this game.

Yeah me too. I bet we get a bunch of roughing the passer calls if any of the LBs even think of breathing on The Great Aaron Rodgers.

Has the officiating crew been announced yet?

plenewken
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM

remember the last SB when james was blocking that offensive player to the ground and supposedly punching him to keep him down?

madden and michaels had a fit. you can bet goodell remembers that and will have clips for the officials to review.

last week on the ESPN piece they ran about james before the game was james saying his meeting with goodell was a waste of time because nothing was accomplished.

i worry about this game.

I fear the refs more than the Packers.
Goodell will instruct the zebras to nip in the bud any hard D from the Steelers, that's pretty much guaranteed. I'm afraid it will be a record SB for Steelers penalties. Mark my words.

Dino 6 Rings
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
and yet, 31 other teams' fans think that Goodell and the Refs are in our pocket.

whatever, the game is played on Sunday.

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 01:01 PM
To me, Goodell suffers from a God Complex and this little exchange alludes to that:

"The one thing I take a little bit of issue with is when guys tell me they're being screwed,'' Goodell said. "[Most often] they're not recognizing they have a role in it.'' Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''....

By way of comparison, Goodell has this to say about convicted felon Mike Vick

He says he thinks Mike Vick "is sincerely trying.... "But Michael said to me, he said my number one goal is to make you proud and ... win that Super Bowl and be that MVP. We talk about that every once in a while. And it could happen. It would be a pretty cool moment"

Goodell is going easy on Vick because Vick played the perfect supplicant role by saying; "...my number one goal is to make you proud...". So in other words, Vick kissed Goodell's ring and bowed to his power.

As far as Ben is concerned, when Goodell said; "The one thing I take a little bit of issue with is when guys tell me they're being screwed,'', he was obviously annoyed that Ben was questioning his authority or his judgment.

Let's face it, most people, if suspended from their job absent any criminal charges or arrests, would think THEY were being screwed as well and I think that questioning a suspension in that situation would be a natural thing to do. But in Ben's case Goodell decided that his own authority was more important than anything as annoying as facts, so che hose to paint Ben as a "bad person" by using character assassination instead.

Last I checked, a person is supposed to be proven guilty or innocent based upon facts - not whether they're popular or not. But since Ben was questioning Goodell and not bowing to kiss his ring, Goodell simply lashed out and attacked Ben's character and popularity and used it as a justification in lieu of facts not because it was the right thing to do but rather because the alternative would have been to admit that he really had no solid reasons to suspend Ben and that perhaps Ben had a legitimate beef.

So Goodell had two choices. He could either agree with Ben and risk looking weak, or he could come down hard on Ben to send a message to everyone else about just who was in charge.

Sadly, Goodell chose to stroke his own ego instead of realizing that he may have made a bad decision.

Goodell will make a great politician one day.

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
SI thinks it has a live story here

I cannot figure out how to get the image uploaded here, but the CNNSI home page at the moment features as its lead story a picture of Goodell in a windbreaker squinting in profile bravely into the distance with this statement

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Ben Roethlisberger's suspension -
Not one, not a single player, went to his defense

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/?xid=cnnnav

The only time I recall the league office being as hostile to a Super Bowl team as Goodell is to the Steelers this year is when the Raiders played SB XVIII during the 1983 season when Al Davis was in litigation with Rozelle - that was a blowout Raiders win so there was no way the refs could have an impact - may be different this time

TRH
01-31-2011, 01:11 PM

wow. Goodell and Kraft are in cahoots and so far up each others a** its unbelievable. Of course, Kraft is totally playing this up too, because he knows he has "the boss" in his pocket.
I even say that in an unbiased manner, regardless who i'm a fan of.
Man, they don't even try to hide it. Most all other owners have a right to be p**ed off. I'd like to see a movement to overthrow him. He's not good for the game.

TRH
01-31-2011, 01:13 PM
SI thinks it has a live story here

I cannot figure out how to get the image uploaded here, but the CNNSI home page at the moment features as its lead story a picture of Goodell in a windbreaker squinting in profile bravely into the distance with this statement

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Ben Roethlisberger's suspension -
Not one, not a single player, went to his defense

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/?xid=cnnnav

The only time I recall the league office being as hostile to a Super Bowl team as Goodell is to the Steelers this year is when the Raiders played SB XVIII during the 1983 season when Al Davis was in litigation with Rozelle - that was a blowout Raiders win so there was no way the refs could have an impact - may be different this time

What would be really smart is a Pittsburgh player (or three), come out today and publicly say they have his back and were in defense of Ben. I know some of them were at the time, even before they knew exactly what was going on.
THAT would be priceless.

stlrz fan
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Hasn't Goodell gone on record as saying that Ben has gone above and beyond what was required of him in his punishment? I thought that there was some stroking early on in Ben's return to the point of the commish trying to personally take credit for his close involvement in Ben's "rehabiltation". He even went so far compliment Ben for his cooperation in the whole matter.

zulater
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
My dislike of Goodell grows by the day.

caplovestroyp43
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I wished Goodell would just STFU already!! How can a man even think about giving another man that abused and KILLED defenseless dogs another chance?? It's beyond my comprehension.

That's OK Ben will get his when he hoists that trophy up and Goodell has to give it to him. THAT will be Ben's finest hour when he can say "F" you and the horse you rode in on Goodell!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 01:59 PM
I wished Goodell would just STFU already!! How can a man even think about giving another man that abused and KILLED defenseless dogs another chance?? It's beyond my comprehension.

That's OK Ben will get his when he hoists that trophy up and Goodell has to give it to him. THAT will be Ben's finest hour when he can say "F" you and the horse you rode in on Goodell!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Exactly! He places a convicted scumbag like Vick up on a pedestal and acts like he's come all the way back from a life threatening illness or something and treats Ben like some sort of child molester when he wasn't even CHARGED with anything! I hope Kraft's d*ck falls off in his ass and rots giving him some extremely painful, rare, incurable bowel diease. What an asshat.

zulater
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Hasn't Goodell gone on record as saying that Ben has gone above and beyond what was required of him in his punishment? I thought that there was some stroking early on in Ben's return to the point of the commish trying to personally take credit for his close involvement in Ben's "rehabiltation". He even went so far compliment Ben for his cooperation in the whole matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Here's Roger's preffered way of accepting discipline.

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Bob Smizik now has gone on the record what he thinks about this - let's see if Bouchette and Dulac follow-up

Goodell hangs Ben out to dry

In his ``Monday Morning QB,'' column at SI.com, Peter King had a comment from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that put Ben Roethlisberger in an extremely bad light.

Here's the comment:

Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to ''I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''

There is no context to that comment and perhaps when the full story comes out in Sports Illustrated later this week it might not look so bad.

For now, though, it looks like Goodell hung Roethlisberger out to dry. It's hard to understand why Goodell would reveal this information. It could be a case of skillful interviewing by King, but Goodell should know better than to release such sensitive information.

The NFL investigation of Roethlisberger has not been made public. It was stupid to make public any part of what went into the decision to suspend Roethlisberger unless the commissioner is prepared to release all of it.

The suspension certainly wasn't for being a bad teammate.

As for the suggestion these comment were made this week to affect the Steelers Super Bowl chances, that is off base. For starters, Goodell probably made the comments some time ago when King was doing the interviewing for the story. I don't think Goodell has a preference in this game, as much as some think he is anti-Roethlisberger or anti-Steelers.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27276-goodell-on-roethlisberger

USWSteel
01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Here's a thought...maybe Ben should come out and defend himself instead of hiding behind his "no comment" and similar normal bullshit most people that have something to hide use. I for once would just love for him to say " hey she wanted to blow me and then she said I raped her...wtf ? " For christ sakes Ben defend yourself and 99 percent of this crap goes away !!!!!!!!! Stop hiding behind lawyers and dancing around what happened ! Everyones so worried about whats being written when the one guy who should be talking isnt BEN !!!!!!!!!!!! STICK UP FOR YOURSELF ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
I for once would just love for him to say " hey she wanted to blow me and then she said I raped her...wtf ? " For christ sakes Ben defend yourself and 99 percent of this crap goes away !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure if Ben stated this that 99% of this stuff would cease. Great idea. :rolleyes:

vasteeler
01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Here's a thought...maybe Ben should come out and defend himself instead of hiding behind his "no comment" and similar normal bullshit most people that have something to hide use. I for once would just love for him to say " hey she wanted to blow me and then she said I raped her...wtf ? " For christ sakes Ben defend yourself and 99 percent of this crap goes away !!!!!!!!! Stop hiding behind lawyers and dancing around what happened ! Everyones so worried about whats being written when the one guy who should be talking isnt BEN !!!!!!!!!!!! STICK UP FOR YOURSELF ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 02:22 PM

Still having trouble with your caps lock key i see

This may difficult for you to understand, but consider the possibility Roethlisberger has a confidentiality agreement as part of a civil settlement with the alleged victim in Georgia and has been told by the attorneys handling the Nevada case to avoid any detailed coments until that case is resolved

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 02:24 PM

This may difficult for you to understand, but consider the possibility Roethlisberger has a confidentiality agreement as part of a civil settlement with the alleged victim in Georgia and has been told by the attorneys handling the Nevada case to avoid any detailed coments until that case is resolved

:applaudit:

Nah! That would make waaaaay too much sense! :chuckle:

USWSteel
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM

You mean the civil settlement where he "didnt do anything" and still had to pay = he did it ! Guilty as hell payment ? Makes sense. I wouldnt want people to know that either that I had to pay someone to keep out of jail. Your absolutely right on the money there !

USWSteel
01-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure if Ben stated this that 99% of this stuff would cease. Great idea. :rolleyes:

Right just keep saying no comment and looking more and more like the criminal the media is painting him to be.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 02:44 PM

i worry about this game.

... ON THE OTHER-HAND...

there is a chance that this'll be the last NFL game for 18 months ~ if Pittsburgh can overcome obvious bias from the on-field officials (should it occur), and win this Super Bowl, the long-lasting impression on not-only Steeler-fans, but on fans across the League, will be of how Ms. Goodell tried to ham-fist the team into submission:
combine this with fans who might-not see a 2011 season, and place blame for that at Goodell's feet, it could be the beginning of the end for her

:wink02:

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 02:45 PM
You mean the civil settlement where he "didnt do anything" and still had to pay = he did it ! Guilty as hell payment ? Makes sense. I wouldnt want people to know that either that I had to pay someone to keep out of jail. Your absolutely right on the money there !

Thanks for confirming the extent of your knowledge about this subject matter

Virtually all civil settlement agreements have non-admission language and quite a few have confidentiality clauses. As far as a "guilty as hell payment," civil litigation isn't cheap - sometimes it is less expensive to settle than to litigate, especially when you just want the allegations, regardless of their merit, to cease.

And he would not have paid her off to snuff the DA's investigation - his criminal defense attorney Ed Garland and the alleged victim's attorney Lee Parks certainly would know how to work with Roethisberger's other attorneys in order that any parallel civil settlement discussions would not constitute witness tampering and obstructon of an ongoing criminal investigation.

But maybe you have a better understanding of how resolution of parallel civil and criminal procedings works than I do :noidea:

DrunkFlea
01-31-2011, 02:47 PM

It doesn't sound like you have a very good understanding of how civil trials work. :doh:

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Right just keep saying no comment and looking more and more like the criminal the media is painting him to be.

He HAS stated in the past that he didn't assault this girl, but I guess that's not good enough for you. You'd much rather have him come out and make a retarded statement like the one you suggested and intimate that that would put everything to rest. And like Atlanta Dan already stated, IF there is a confidentiality agreement that currently exsists, he would only be hurting himself by commenting further on the matter at this point. It wouldn't matter what he had to say anyway because there will always be people like you who would rather burn him at the stake instead of admitting there wasn't enough proof to even CHARGE him with a crime.

And in case you've never heard this girl's statement to police, here's the video. She really sounds like a traumatized victim of rape, huh? :jerkit:

lWtmhfC93ok

zulater
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
It doesn't sound like you have a very good understanding of how civil trials work. :doh:

About as much as he does of football. :chuckle:

USWSteel
01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
About as much as he does of football. :chuckle:

There you are Zulater ...were you canceling more sports subscriptions ? XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
thats enough of your bullshit USW.

its nobodys fault but your own that your posts reflect that of an ass.

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
There you are Zulater ...were you canceling more sports subscriptions ? I'm sure youll never let your Playgirl run out !

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tibe9mm/Troll_fail.jpg

zulater
01-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Sorry 'bout that post Tony, but the dude pushed my button one too many times. Guy has nothing of value to add to the board, he's well rid of.

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/isisthescientist/thumbsdown.jpg

The king hath spoken!

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
I think this one should be handled by Mr. Rooney and the other owners. Not Ben or any of his teammates. Frankly I have to think other owners would also have issue with such a move by Goodell. This is so unprofessional.

No WAY should the commissioner EVER be having a conversation like this with the media....about an investigation that was private....based on hear say and really has ZERO to do with what ben was accused of. This is a blatant attempt to slam Ben in the public....and to stir things up inside the Steelers locker room the week of the superbowl. This is unbelievable.

You now have to seriously wonder if there isn't something going on between the commissioner and the Rooneys. I mean think about it. The first thing Goodell did as commissioner was try to break up the steelers ownership. The Rooney's nearly lost the team, thanks to Mr. Goodell. Then he suspends our starting QB for 4 weeks. Then the NFL front office went after Harrison with outrageous fines. Then the Buffalo officiating debacle. Now the commissioner is telling Sports Illustrated that none of Ben's teammates stuck up for him during the investigation of an accusation made by a drunk college girl. Why is the commissioner trying to create distractions the week of the SB? This is soooo f-ed up. I can't believe Rooney will ignore this one.

Well I'll be waiting for Goodells comments about the Packers off the field issues this week. I'm sure Goodell heard some good rumors about the Packers he'd love to share with SI.

austinfrench76
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Goodell has been on the Steelers all season. They make it easy for him to do so at times but he loves the pretty boy and his master, The Hoodie up north! We win ths SB and he will act like it's some great redmeption story and that it's what teh NFL is all about as he hands Ben that trophy! Let's win and put it in his face!

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Let's win and put it in his face!

I was thinking of somewhere a little darker and smellier. :chuckle:

StainlessStill
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
He HAS stated in the past that he didn't assault this girl, but I guess that's not good enough for you. You'd much rather have him come out and make a retarded statement like the one you suggested and intimate that that would put everything to rest. And like Atlanta Dan already stated, IF there is a confidentiality agreement that currently exsists, he would only be hurting himself by commenting further on the matter at this point. It wouldn't matter what he had to say anyway because there will always be people like you who would rather burn him at the stake instead of admitting there wasn't enough proof to even CHARGE him with a crime.

And in case you've never heard this girl's statement to police, here's the video. She really sounds like a traumatized victim of rape, huh? :jerkit:

lWtmhfC93ok

Cha ching cha ching! What a complete bullshiter that ***** is, God damn it's so ****in funny to watch that. She remembers, vividly, his penis and who "escorted her" to a stool, but can't remember what position she was in while being brutally RAPED by a 6'5, 260 pound man in a TINY bathroom. Never screamed, never tried to get away, didn't even see him 'clean up" and it was ALL PLANNED. Can't even remember certain things because she's "trying to figure it all out." Too funny.

Rek
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
You know what they say, Big Ben outside the pocket is as dangerous as Little Ben outside the pocket. HAHA

zulater
01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Cha ching cha ching! What a complete bullshiter that ***** is, God damn it's so ****in funny to watch that. She remembers, vividly, his penis and who "escorted her" to a stool, but can't remember what position she was in while being brutally RAPED by a 6'5, 260 pound man in a TINY bathroom. Never screamed, never tried to get away, didn't even see him 'clean up" and it was ALL PLANNED. Can't even remember certain things because she's "trying to figure it all out." Too funny.

That's why I'm still convinced there was no settlement ( even though Dan's made a good case that there might have been) that girl and her cohorts would have wilted under hostile cross examination in about 30 seconds.

Even the DA said that her lack of further cooperation had nothing to do with the ultimate disposition of the case. Because the truth is there never was any case.

If Ben had been a normal unknown citizen I'm convinced the case would have been dismissed without prejudice inside two weeks.

Farrior_roirraW
01-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Has the officiating crew been announced yet?

I was just about to ask this... anyone know?

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I was just about to ask this... anyone know?

Looks like the crew was not announced until several days before the game in previous years - maybe Goodell has to verify if they agree nobody likes Ben before they clear their background checks:noidea:

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Ed. B. of the P-G weighs in

Ed: Goodell Delivers Low Blow to Ben

Roger Goodell delivered a low blow to Ben Roethlisberger when he told Peter King of Sports Illustrated that none of the two dozen Steelers he interviewed came to the quarterback’s defense.

Here is the quote from King’s Monday Morning Quarterback column from today:

"I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''

I spoke with King a little bit ago here and he told me the interview with Goodell that produced that column came on Jan. 7. He was working on a story for the magazine and talked to the commissioner about Tank Johnson, Michael Vick and Roethlisberger. The quote did not make the magazine story so Peter used it in his MMQ. So while Goodell did not wait unti the eve of the Super Bowl to dredge up more stuff on the Steelers quarterback, why did he do it at all? What purpose did that serve, to say that none of BR’s teammates came to his defense.

First off, I can guarantee you that Goodell did not interview 24 Steelers players. He did not come to Pittsburgh and they did not go to New York. He had investigators do it. And several Steelers were aghast today at what the commissioner said because they said they did defend their quarterback.

And to add the picky stuff about “He won’t sign my jersey.’’ What the blue blazes does that have to do with anything?

It was a very low blow by Goodell and he should apologize to both the Steelers and Roethlisberger for delivering it.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

So Bouchette says Goodell is out of line and lying.. And note the interview was held on January 7, when Goodell probably assumed New England was going to Dallas and he would not be trashing the starting QB for the AFC rep

As this story has developed today i agree with madtowndrunkard this is not for the players to address- Dan and AJR II need to tell Goodell this s**t stops after Goodell walks this story back in a public statement

FWIW this just adds to the mindset of the team that nobody respects them

acidburn517
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
It looks like Tomlin and Ben got asked aboutthe SI article in today's press conference (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/24146/page/espntexas/ben-roethlisberger-soaking-it-all-in). Here's Tomlin's answer:
We all fall short of perfection. We all make mistakes. His are well-documented, and he's doing as best he can in terms of moving forward with it.

Classy man that Tomlin. If the team follows his lead, I don't see this being an issue.

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM
It looks like Tomlin and Ben got asked aboutthe SI article in today's press conference (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/24146/page/espntexas/ben-roethlisberger-soaking-it-all-in). Here's Tomlin's answer:

We all fall short of perfection. We all make mistakes. His are well-documented, and he's doing as best he can in terms of moving forward with it.

Classy man that Tomlin. If the team follows his lead, I don't see this being an issue.

its certainly an issue. the commish was way out of line and thats the most unprofessional thing he couldve done (short of getting busted soliciting a prostitute or something).

prior to the tomlin quote listed above he pretty much said he had no idea wtf goodell was even talking about.

i agree with dan.

that bastard owes the rooneys, the team, coaches, fans, and especially ben a public apology. he's already served his time. :mad:

if he can sink that low, i wouldnt put it past him to influence the refs, how many flags they throw, and on whom.

zulater
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
I've got a feeling Goodell's going to be hearing from Dan Rooney soon, and I don't think he's going to like what he's going to hear.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
I've got a feeling Goodell's going to be hearing from Dan Rooney soon, and I don't think he's going to like what he's going to hear.

... and my heart pumps purple-p!ss... maybe I'll drink a Diet Pepsi in-honor of the butt-chewing Ms. Goodell will (rightfully) receive

ucsteve667
01-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Im thinking this was a calculated spin by King. He was just on PTI and said its a story of redemptions, and kinda hinted that Goodell is happy with his progress and all. bait everyone with that out of context....
shrewd

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Deleted post - trying to attach image

FanSince72
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Im thinking this was a calculated spin by King. He was just on PTI and said its a story of redemptions, and kinda hinted that Goodell is happy with his progress and all. bait everyone with that out of context....
shrewd

I saw that.

It seemed more like damage control to me.

ucsteve667
01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
all part of the master plan heh

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
One of the alpha Steelers steps up to challenge Goodell

Steelers linebacker James Farrior, however, said it’s simply not true for Goodell to claim that no one on the Steelers went to bat for Roethlisberger.

“I was highly upset about the whole situation,” Farrior said. “When Roger Goodell came to us in the preseason, I think I was the guy that asked him a lot of the questions about Ben. I was pretty upset about it. I really didn’t get any answers from him that I was looking for, but I was definitely disappointed in what the verdict was and how they proceeded. I definitely didn’t think he should be suspended four games.”

So Goodell and Farrior clearly remember their conversation very differently

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/31/ben-roethlisberger-i-know-my-teammates-supported-me/

acidburn517
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
its certainly an issue. the commish was way out of line and thats the most unprofessional thing he couldve done (short of getting busted soliciting a prostitute or something).

I agree. Goodell needs a butt whippin by Chairman Rooney. What I meant about this not being an issue is that I don't foresee this being like greenbay's team photo-gate for the steelers players. I think Tomlin and even (Hines ward in today's interviews) have set the standard if you will for the other players on how to deal with this issue come media day.

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree. Goodell needs a butt whippin by Chairman Rooney. What I meant about this not being an issue is that I don't foresee this being like greenbay's team photo-gate for the steelers players. I think Tomlin and even (Hines ward in today's interviews) have set the standard if you will for the other players on how to deal with this issue come media day.gotcha. i agree.

they been dealing with this all year. its old hat for them.

zulater
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
One of the alpha Steelers steps up to challenge Goodell

Steelers linebacker James Farrior, however, said it’s simply not true for Goodell to claim that no one on the Steelers went to bat for Roethlisberger.

“I was highly upset about the whole situation,” Farrior said. “When Roger Goodell came to us in the preseason, I think I was the guy that asked him a lot of the questions about Ben. I was pretty upset about it. I really didn’t get any answers from him that I was looking for, but I was definitely disappointed in what the verdict was and how they proceeded. I definitely didn’t think he should be suspended four games.”

So Goodell and Farrior clearly remember their conversation very differently

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/31/ben-roethlisberger-i-know-my-teammates-supported-me/

Goodell better do some damage control, the most respected player in the Steelers locker room has out and out caught him in a lie. Think this doesn't damage his credibility at the worst possible time with the CBA issue looming on the horizon?

With luck this might prove to be the beggining of the end for Goodell. What a freaking dumbass.

TRH
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
i fully expect another Steeler to step up publicly and very manly-like dispute this Goodell thing. He can't get away with this.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
gotcha. i agree.

they been dealing with this all year. its old hat for them.

+ tax... old-news, been hashed, and re-hashed, 6 months ago, so if this distracts this veteran team, many will be surprised

SteelSurf
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Goodell is the result of a privileged upbringing. He has NEVER worked an honest days wage(shout out to our President,lazy Mutt). His father was a wealthy Republican politician and State of NY Senator who got him his first job in the NFL. Like most politicians(Both Parties) and their familes, they don't have to. It's an entitlement. We owe them.
He makes like 8 million a year just standing there and making dumbassed statements and verdicts.
He wouldn't last a minute flipping burgers at Burger King or any other job I can think of.
What a piece of Shit he is. Friggen Jagoff.

Farrior_roirraW
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Looks like the crew was not announced until several days before the game in previous years - maybe Goodell has to verify if they agree nobody likes Ben before they clear their background checks:noidea:

All right, cool. Normally I don't really care but this Goodell business has me worried.

Glad Farrior stepped up, too. :tt03:

SteelKnight
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
If Ben plays awesome and throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs they would have to give him MVP. Most likely though the Steelers will run their TDs in.

mesaSteeler
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Goodell unfairly rats out Steelers over Big Ben
Dan Wetzel
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-goodellroethlisberger013111
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports 42 minutes ago

DALLAS – For months now Ben Roethlisberger(notes) and the Pittsburgh Steelers have been working to put the past in the past. They’ve attempted to flip the script on that drunken night in Milledgeville, Ga. and make something good come out of what, at the very best, was a series of poor and classless decisions by their star quarterback.

Roethlisberger has been more open with fans. He’s been more polite with the media. He’s gotten engaged to be married and, it’s been said, has become more of a homebody. His teammates, coaches and the organization as a whole have welcomed him back into the fold. It’s one reason the Steelers are playing Green Bay in Sunday’s Super Bowl.

“He came back, he’s a changed man and he’s playing good football,” receiver Hines Ward(notes) said, summing it up after the AFC championship game.

Super Bowl media day is Tuesday and amid that feeding frenzy Roethlisberger was sure to face some pressure about the mistakes of last summer and beyond.

And that was before Roger Goodell foolishly went and breathed new life into the old story.

For reasons Goodell needs to explain, the NFL commissioner commented to Sports Illustrated’s Peter King about investigating Roethlisberger last offseason, a process that resulted in a six-game suspension (reduced to four).

King released an excerpt of Goodell’s comments (more to appear in this week’s magazine) that painted Roethlisberger as an ostracized member of the Steelers and, more importantly, threw nearly two dozen of his teammates under the bus.

“I bet two dozen [Steeler] players … Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn’t personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, ‘He won’t sign my jersey.’ ”

This isn’t a defense (or a condemnation) of Roethlisberger’s actions. The comment isn’t, in and of itself, a bombshell. It was completely unnecessary though, especially coming from the commissioner. And it was patently unfair for the other Steeler players who cooperated in the investigation into their quarterback.

At Monday’s media session, there was confusion and rebuttals to Goodell’s comments, with Roethlisberger saying he knows – “for a fact” – some teammates did support him. Some of the Steelers agreed. Of course, at this point, what else could they say?

“I’ve always had Ben’s back,” defensive end Brett Keisel(notes) said. “Ben and I have a very good relationship. I think everyone was behind Ben all along.”

So now someone isn’t telling the truth.

This is why the subject never should’ve been broached. Nothing good could come of it. Simply put, why would the commissioner of the NFL reveal any inside details of what was supposed to be a closed-door investigation?

Why have Roethlisberger now understand that a bunch of his teammates – and he can assuredly figure out who did and didn’t speak to Goodell – were crushing him, potentially behind his back? And why betray those guys, who certainly didn’t think their honest cooperation would one day become a Super Bowl week mini-controversy?

Most of all, why bring up something that’s negative for the Steelers, Roethlisberger or the NFL?

Goodell’s comments carry no positive information or spin. They do nothing for anyone. At best, it’s an annoying line of questioning that the Steelers are capable of compartmentalizing and ignoring. At worst, it’s an unneeded distraction that only regains steam when the rest of the story is printed in SI later in the week.

The NFL symbol is a shield and the commissioner is the person who’s supposed to carry it.

It’s the basis, Goodell says, for the suspensions he’s handed out to Roethlisberger and others. The quarterback was never charged with a crime in Georgia. The police’s detailed report of his boorish behavior was enough to cost him a month of the season anyway, a pretty severe penalty.

Goodell appears to thrive in the role of judge, jury and executioner. He comes across as very comfortable as the purveyor of justice. His predecessors in the commissioner’s office were never so iron-fisted when it came to player conduct. The public has backed his authority, in part because it has little sympathy for things like millionaire quarterbacks and drunken 20-year-old coeds in bodyguard-protected bathrooms of dive bars.

But with the authority that Goodell has seized comes a responsibility to put his employees in the most positive light possible. Everyone else can debate the merits of Ben Roethlisberger this week. Goodell should be pushing the spotlight onto something else. He can’t be preening around and talking it over with reporters.

That’s not how the disciplinary system has been sold to the players.

If he’s going to ask for teammates to participate in investigations, he can’t go defying that trust by passing along what they said. Things are either anonymous or not, you can’t be a little bit pregnant on that.

No, Goodell didn’t name names. He didn’t need to. By saying everyone he spoke with killed Roethlisberger behind his back then every Steeler that Goodell spoke with is implicated. Goodell ratted them all out.

That isn’t fair to them.

Maybe Roethlisberger cares. Maybe he doesn’t. Maybe the Steelers care. Maybe they don’t. Maybe there are hurt feelings and suspicious glances. Maybe not.

We’re unlikely to know for sure because the Steelers are sure to get together in advance of media day and agree to do the one thing Roger Goodell should have been smart enough to do himself.

Not say a meaningful word about it.

SteelKnight
01-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Goodell is the result of a privileged upbringing. He has NEVER worked an honest days wage(shout out to our President,lazy Mutt). His father was a wealthy Republican politician and State of NY Senator who got him his first job in the NFL. Like most politicians(Both Parties) and their familes, they don't have to. It's an entitlement. We owe them.
He makes like 8 million a year just standing there and making dumbassed statements and verdicts.
He wouldn't last a minute flipping burgers at Burger King or any other job I can think of.
What a piece of Shit he is. Friggen Jagoff.

He said he applied to all 32 NFL teams for a job and got turned down.

Even though I don't like what he has been doing with the 18 game schedule and the Pro Bowl, I do think his treatment towards players have been fair. It was a shame the Steeelrs were the example for the fines but it did work. There have been less helmet to helmet hits.

SH-Rock
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
A team consists of 50+ players and not everyone likes everyone else. There are unknown guys on the team that are on practice squad or could join the team throughout the year that may not like Ben at first. That's not to say that there were legitimation hate for Ben, but there also could be guys that were interviewed that weren't on the team either.

Maybe Peter King exaggerated what he said, or did not put the saying in context, but Goodell is in no position to talk about our Quarterback like this right before the Super Bowl. I find it strange that it's released now, not after the Super Bowl or in the middle of the season. Just some food for thought.

SteelerEmpire
01-31-2011, 09:48 PM
How freely did he give out information when he was investigating New England for illegal videotaping activities? All he would say when asked about that was, 'It's a league matter'. He then went on to sweep it under the rug and destroy all of the evidence.

ZoneBlitzer
01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
I smell a plethora of holding calls coming.

El Nino
01-31-2011, 09:57 PM
I smell a plethora of holding calls coming.

'personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct, scoring a touchdown against the packers. 15 yard penalty, loss of down. #7 is ejected from the game.'

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Maybe Peter King exaggerated what he said, or did not put the saying in context, but Goodell is in no position to talk about our Quarterback like this right before the Super Bowl. I find it strange that it's released now, not after the Super Bowl or in the middle of the season. Just some food for thought.

I respectfully do not buy into any conspiracy theories

I am confident King did not take anything out of context and got the quotes down accurately - if you are the main NFL writer for Sports Illustrated you do not misquote the Commissioner

The hagiography/article on Goodell is set run in the Super Bowl preview issue of SI - perfect time for the article to run

Bouchette fills in the time line when he said this afternoon the interview of Goodell by King was held on Friday, January 7, before the weekend Vick lost - this explains the suck up quote by Goodell saying how "cool" it would be if Vick won Super Bowl MVP, since that was still a possibility when the interview runs, and for why Goodell disses Ben - like many people (including me) Goodell thought New England would be in Dallas at that time so trashing Ben would be a non-event when the quotes came out this week

The funny part is that the quotes trashing Ben are not in the magazine article but throw away quotes King dumped into MMQB today, the Monday before the article runs in the magazine, to hype the magazine article - another example of why online is crushing dead trees print

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
'personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct, scoring a touchdown against the packers. 15 yard penalty, loss of down. #7 is ejected from the game.'

"... there IS no offensive penalty, that flag is ignored...

PERSONAL-FOUL, 56, defense
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/NFLOfficial.jpg

... rushing the quarterback in too-manly a manner ~
... he wasn't held, despite what everybody saw...

1st & Goal, on the 1 yard-line"

finesward
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81e062c6/Steelers-unsupportive-of-Big-Ben-to-Goodell

Dear Rich Eison,

Get off your stupid cell phone, your on TV...at least pretend like you give a shit. Whatever you are reading on your $700 smart phone is not important. You are not important.

Thank you.

P.S Tell Deion he wasn't part of Goodell's investigation, nor was he in the locker room so please STFU and jump back off the Ben bandwagon.

P.S.S Notice how Irvin, fighting his own sexual assault scandal, had nothing to say about the matter. Now theres a guy who at least knows when to keep his mouth shut. Deion, please take notes.

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Ed. B. of the P-G has an update this evening

There has been an adjustment on the Ben Roethlisberger-Roger Goodell story. SI’s Peter King, who quoted Goodell in his column Monday, heard from the commissioner after the quote was widely circulated and it became the story of the day here after the Steelers arrived.

King called me because he knew we were working on it, after I had talked to him earlier in the day. Goodell told King that when he mentioned “two dozen players” he did not mean two dozen Steelers players:chuckle:. They were talking about Roethlisberger at the time and King assumed Goodell was talking about Steelers players.

As I blogged earlier, there is no way Goodell talked to 24 Steelers players.

Nevertheless, the comments by Goodell still seem strange in light of what he asked Roethlisberger to do and what the quarterback has done to change his approach to life and how he treats people since that day in March in Georgia. It’s as if the commissioner is trying to justify his four-game suspension of Roethlisberger, who was never charged with a crime.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/107823-ed-goodell-quote-has-clarification

This was King's quote this morning

Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/30/super-bowl-week/index.html

So now Goodell says he talked to 24 players about Roethlisberger, but not all of those players were Steelers :noidea:

Who did he talk with about Roethlisberger if he did not talk with Steelers - Ray Lewis, Jim Harbaugh, Ocho Cinco and Carson Palmer?

Total bullshit from Goodell - he needs to remember the cover-up is what gets you

43Hitman
01-31-2011, 10:29 PM
This is going to blow up in Goodell face.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 10:34 PM
So now Goodell says he talked to 24 players about Roethlisberger, but not all of those players were Steelers

Who did he talk with about Roethlisberger if he did not talk with Steelers - Ray Lewis, Jim Harbaugh, Ocho Cinco and Carson Palmer?

I'm curious as to how-many players... from other-teams... Ms. Goddell spoke to about Brett Favre, regarding the Favre / Jenn Sterger incident, and if Favre honored every request for a signed-jersey:
rather than he-said / she-said as-in the Roethlisberger case, there is reportedly photographic evidence of what Favre did, bringing discredit to the Shield that Ms. Goodell is so-concerned about

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Ed. B. of the P-G has an update this evening

There has been an adjustment on the Ben Roethlisberger-Roger Goodell story. SI’s Peter King, who quoted Goodell in his column Monday, heard from the commissioner after the quote was widely circulated and it became the story of the day here after the Steelers arrived.

King called me because he knew we were working on it, after I had talked to him earlier in the day. Goodell told King that when he mentioned “two dozen players” he did not mean two dozen Steelers players:chuckle:. They were talking about Roethlisberger at the time and King assumed Goodell was talking about Steelers players.

As I blogged earlier, there is no way Goodell talked to 24 Steelers players.

Nevertheless, the comments by Goodell still seem strange in light of what he asked Roethlisberger to do and what the quarterback has done to change his approach to life and how he treats people since that day in March in Georgia. It’s as if the commissioner is trying to justify his four-game suspension of Roethlisberger, who was never charged with a crime.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/107823-ed-goodell-quote-has-clarification

This was King's quote this morning

Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense

So now Goodell says he talked to 24 players about Roethlisberger, but not all of those players were Steelers :noidea:

Total bullshit from Goodell - he needs to remember the cover-up is what gets you

This guy is a total scum bag. I think the union has a legitimate grievance they should file against the league office on behalf of Ben and the Steelers. I also think Mr. Rooney should take action. I have never heard such unprofessional BS from a commissioner of any sport. This guy is bad for the NFL and the owners better wake up before more damage is done.

Frankly what was said doesn't irritate me as much as the timing. Why? That is what I'd like to know.

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm curious as to how-many players... from other-teams... Ms. Goddell spoke to about Brett Favre, regarding the pictures that Favre / Jenn Sterger incident, and if Favre honored every request for a signed-jersey:
rather than he-said / she-said as-in the Roethlisberger case, there is reportedly photographic evidence of what Favre did, bringing discredit to the Shield that Ms. Goodell is so-concerned about

I wonder why he didn't talk about the Patriots cheating prior to their playoff game? I'm sure there were some really interesting testimony from players and coaches about that. I guess that will be in the next issue of SI?

The Packers have several off the field problems. I have yet to read a single paragraph about that, let alone Mr. Goodall's conversations with their locker room. The packers had 2 separate incidence of sexual assault accusations this past year. They also had a star defensive player suspended for drug charges.... a felony drug charge that had 20 years of prison if he would not have ratted out his suppliers.

I think there is more to this. It goes way back to the commissioner trying to push the rooney's out. Throw in the unbelievably bad calls against the steelers, plus the fines that were clearly targeting our players.... if it looks like BS, and it smells like BS.....it's probably BS.

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 11:07 PM
i fully expect another Steeler to step up publicly and very manly-like dispute this Goodell thing.

I'm betting that Deebo is just chomping at the bit to chime in about this! :popcorn:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/01/23/alg_james_harrison_practices.jpg

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
King called me because he knew we were working on it, after I had talked to him earlier in the day. Goodell told King that when he mentioned “two dozen players” he did not mean two dozen Steelers players[/B]:chuckle:. They were talking about Roethlisberger at the time and King assumed Goodell was talking about Steelers players.

what a ****ing discrace and an embarrassment to the league and the superbowl itself.

here we are embarking on what may be the best and most historical SB match-up of all time and all that egomaniac goodell can think about is how SI is having one of its most heralded writers, featuring him in kings longest article ever (6800 words).

he thinks he is bigger than the game itself. :doh:

art rooney better rip him a new asshole. :mad:

mesaSteeler
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder why he didn't talk about the Patriots cheating prior to their playoff game? I'm sure there were some really interesting testimony from players and coaches about that. I guess that will be in the next issue of SI?

The Packers have several off the field problems. I have yet to read a single paragraph about that, let alone Mr. Goodall's conversations with their locker room. The packers had 2 separate incidence of sexual assault accusations this past year. They also had a star defensive player suspended for drug charges.... a felony drug charge that had 20 years of prison if he would not have ratted out his suppliers.

I think there is more to this. It goes way back to the commissioner trying to push the rooney's out. Throw in the unbelievably bad calls against the steelers, plus the fines that were clearly targeting our players.... if it looks like BS, and it smells like BS.....it's probably BS.

Too True, The scumbag Goodell didn't talk to any Steelers about the NE cheating. I've been saying for some time time that Goodell is just a Steeler hating pimp for Kraft. As I've said before every time we take the field we play three opponents.
1. The opposing team
2. The Refs
3. Goodell

That we have managed to get this far playing against these three every week amazes me.

After the filth Goodell hands Rooney the trophy it would be appropriate the Steeler fans at the game started chanting in unison, F'u Goddell loud enough so the networks couldn't censor it.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 11:21 PM
After the filth Goodell hands Rooney the trophy it would be appropriate the Steeler fans at the game started chanting in unison, F'u Goddell loud enough so the networks couldn't censor it.

... JAG-ov...

... JAG-ov...

... JAG-ov...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Steelerfans-AMAZINGSTEELERS.jpg

I'm still in-favor of giving Harrison a bucket of BBq-sauce, and turning him loose on Ms. Goodell

LVSteelersfan
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Let me join in with saying that you have no freakin idea what you are talking about. Why do you keep talking crap when you have no clue.

You are:

http://copper-desert-llc.tripod.com/fail_boat.jpg

Buddha Bus
01-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Let me join in with saying that you have no freakin idea what you are talking about.

Thankfully, neither will we anymore. :wink02: :thumbsup:

CargoJon
01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
I personally think it's hysterical that the Cheatriots and Kraft* haven't won a ring since Goodell became commissioner.

jjpro11
02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
**** Goodell. Steelers fans shouldn't enter that stadium unless they intend to boo his ass mercilessly when he takes the podium, win or lose. that piece of shit did everything in his power to keep us from succeeding this year.

steelerjim58
02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I didn't read every post here, so I don't know if this has been said, but I feel that for God-dell to say these things for print is totally out of line. I hope every player takes note and realizes what a piece of crap this man is.

ZoneBlitzer
02-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Hi, I'm Roger Goodell. I'm the commissioner of the National Football League. We're proud to see two great franchises compete for our championship trophy, the Lombardi. Oh, by the way, nobody likes Ben Roethlisberger. I'm sorry did I say that out loud?

Anyhow, he plays for the Steelers and wears number 7. He's big and doesn't really need to be protected. We've instructed our officials to let them play when it comes to Ben. I'm sorry but did I say that out loud again?

Well, come to think of it, I don't like him. Oh shucks, there I go again. Of course you do realize that I am not biased in any way. I was just being honest. I wanted to tell the whole world that one of our key principle players in our championship game is not well liked by me and at least two dozen players that I have chosen not to fine.

Well. God bless, good night and go Pack'... There I go again. I'm the commissioner you know and you can trust me. Everything is on the up and up.

SteelKnight
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Monday night, SI.com issued a correction, reporting that Goodell was referring to two dozen players, not two dozen Steelers.

Now the "Not signing my jersy makes sense"...lol What a huge difference. Other players are jealous. Why is he speaking to 24 players about Ben? Is popularity what decides innocence?

TRH
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Monday night, SI.com issued a correction, reporting that Goodell was referring to two dozen players, not two dozen Steelers.

Now the "Not signing my jersy makes sense"...lol What a huge difference. Other players are jealous. Why is he speaking to 24 players about Ben? Is popularity what decides innocence?

of course they're going to issue a "correction". They've been completely embarrassed by this. I think they thought they were going to get away with it.
It's nice to see various media reporting this story as the trash that it is. Surprisingly, most are on Ben's side. Very cool.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
of course they're going to issue a "correction". They've been completely embarrassed by this. I think they thought they were going to get away with it.
It's nice to see various media reporting this story as the trash that it is. Surprisingly, most are on Ben's side. Very cool.

As discussed above, Peter King has fallen on the sword and apologized for the "error" in stating Goodell spoke to 24 Steelers after Ed. B. posted yesterday afternoon that Goodell was lying if he claimed he interviewed 24 Steelers about Roethlisberger

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell talked to an estimated two dozen NFL players, and not two dozen Steelers players, before reaching his disciplinary conclusion on Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in 2010.

This is an important clarification of something I wrote in my "Monday Morning Quarterback'' column. I erred in inserting the parenthetical "Steelers'' in a quote by Goodell, which was an incorrect assumption on my part.

In a Jan. 7 interview for a larger profile on Goodell for this week's issue of Sports Illustrated, Goodell was talking about his deliberations for the Roethlisberger sanctions last year, when the Pittsburgh quarterback was accused of sexual misconduct in connection with an incident at a Georgia bar. Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with Roethlisberger, he talked to "I bet two dozen players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''

I inserted the word "Steelers'' in parentheses, though Goodell had not told me specifically he meant to refer to two dozen Steelers players.

My question prior to his answer referred to the "many people I know in Pittsburgh'' who "want him on the Steelers.'' I thought Goodell was referring to speaking with two dozen Steelers. He clarified late Monday that he was not referring to the Steelers specifically.

I regret the error.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/super-bowl-2011/01/31/clarification/index.html

So I suppose now some new questions for Goodell, after he explains why he disclosed to a reporter information that presumably was provided by players with some assurances of confidentiality, are why players from opposing teams were interviewed by him to determine whether to suspend Roethlisberger and what those players were asked.

What a tool.

"The first rule of holes: When you're in one stop digging."
— Molly Ivins

CargoJon
02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
He probably talked to 2 dozen players on the Ravens, Bengals, and Browns. And a few Seahawks and Cardinals, too.....

madtowndrunkard
02-01-2011, 09:30 AM

The commissioner is still caught in a lie. He now says he spoke with 2 dozen players around the league, and no one came to his defense. Well in reality among the players he spoke with was James Farrior and reportedly several other steeler players....they all came to his defense according to their side of the story. So this report doesn't change the fact that the COMMISSIONER is lying to a major publication to slam Ben.

Secondly I still say it's BS. Because why on earth would Goodell even bring up conversations with players of other teams? Why on earth would other players come to Bens defense? I'm sure none of them even know the guy, let alone care if he plays or not. This "'correction" makes zero sense. If it is actually the case, I'd ask the commissioner if the judge and jur" moving forward on these sorts of things, is consisted of a poll of random players around the league. Frankly I don't really see how you could get a fair assessment of anyone by asking people who don't even know the guy.

Then try to figure out the timing and purpose of the words spewed by this dunce of a commissioner in the first place. Why even bring up conversations with players about Ben not signing jerseys? This guy's true colors have been exposed. He's a a scum bag.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
It doesn't make a damn bit of difference, really, if it was Steeler players or players around the league. He still violated confidentiality and trust and unprofessionally spoke out on the matter when he had no need to. This still reeks of bias and spitefulness regardless of who he spoke to. As already stated, he's STILL caught in a lie because some of the Steeler players have come out and refuted his claim that no one spoke up in his defense. Those are the real issues and I don't see where this shows Goodell in any better of a light.

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
You know what?

Peter King's article is having an amazing effect on the overall feel of this game.

Because of the backlash that it's caused amongst the Steeler team it has become an opportunity to take shots at Goodell not just for Ben but for all the fines and the general F*** you attitude he's shown towards the Steelers in general.

It's almost as if this game has become the Steelers versus Rodger Goodell and the Packers have started to become an afterthought. It's like everyone on this team is fired up to win just so they can have the pleasure of having Goodell hand us the trophy while Steeler Nation jeers at him, boos him and watches him squirm.

The Packers could never have come up with bulletin board material that could even come close to this kind of motivation!

steelers33
02-01-2011, 04:16 PM
That would be hilarious seeing his face handing the trophy to Ben and James. That thought with the chance of a 3rd Lombardi should be the driving force.

stlrtruck
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't determine what would be more uncomfortable for Der Kommish...Ben Roethlisberger or James Harrison as MVP.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I can't determine what would be more uncomfortable for Der Kommish...Ben Roethlisberger or James Harrison as MVP.

I fully expect to see a face similar to this if EITHER of them win it. :chuckle:

http://www.adamcarolla.com/TPEBlog/wp-content/gallery/ep104/12-baby-poopy-face.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
King flat out apologized to Ben on the field in Dallas during the Media day.

SeinfeldNut
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
That would be hilarious seeing his face handing the trophy to Ben and James. That thought with the chance of a 3rd Lombardi should be the driving force.

Yeah, would also love to see as Goodell hands Ben or James the trophy, them give him the finger or something like that.:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 04:51 PM
King flat out apologized to Ben on the field in Dallas during the Media day.

Why would King apologize? - for accurately reporting that Goodell trashed Roethlisberger during an interview on January 7?

There is great line in the movie "All The President's Men" when the Washington Post reporters describe a response to a Watergate story by the Nixon White House as "a non-denial denial"

Instead of Goodell being "misquoted" when he said he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense." the correct quote is he talked to "I bet two dozen players from the Steelers and other NFL teams... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense"?

Yeah - that correction is far more favorable to Roethlisberger - glad the Commissioner cleared that up

Goodell has not denied he told King every player Goodell spoke with about Roethlisberger would not go Roethlisberger's defense and still has not explained why he was interviewing players on other teams about Roethlisberger before deciding what discipline to impose - either Goodell or several Steelers players are lying about what they said about their QB

casteeler
02-01-2011, 05:15 PM
This shouldn't have come as a surprise that Goodell made comments to attempt to disrupt a Steelers team that had clearly been building momentum late in the season.Anyone not totally convinced that Goodell is doing everything in his power to derail the Steelers season needs to pull their head out of their ass... Seriously

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
This shouldn't have come as a surprise that Goodell made comments to attempt to disrupt a Steelers team that had clearly been building momentum late in the season.Anyone not totally convinced that Goodell is doing everything in his power to derail the Steelers season needs to pull their head out of their ass... Seriously

All true, but the consensus opinion seems to be (at least as far as the talking heads are concerned) that all of this hurts the Packers more than it hurts the Steelers because it just adds to the "Us Against the World" narrative.

struther1
02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I think the Super Bowl Halftime entertainment should be James Harrison vs Goodell in a cage match.

4xSBChamps
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I think the Super Bowl Halftime entertainment should be James Harrison vs Goodell in a cage match.

... we can ONLY hope...

SteelersBry79
02-03-2011, 02:11 AM
I've seen saving this picture for the right moment and I think this is it. Sunday, I would kill to see Ben get up on stage, and instead of showing gratitude to Goodell, he says this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/5412853224_256f2e9fac.jpg

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Jason Whitlock nails why Goodell is continuing his jihad agaisnt Roethlisberger while bonding with convicted felon and dog killer Mike Vick

Goodell’s personal-conduct policy and his boneheaded decision to serve as judge, jury and executioner of the policy has forced the commissioner to play racial politics.

Big Ben is Goodell’s white whipping boy.

Big Ben is a prop Goodell can use to say to the league’s black players and race-baiters (Jesse Jackson) that the commissioner is equally tough on white players.

Big Ben is also a prop Goodell can use to say to female fans and journalists that he is tough on white quarterbacks who are predatory toward women.

Roethlisberger is the single stone that kills both birds...

Seriously, can you imagine what would happen if Goodell took a needless potshot at Michael Vick? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would shatter Usain Bolt’s 100-meter record in a dash to be the first person on ESPN to claim Goodell has a “slave-owner mentality.”

I know I’m not supposed to mention this, but Roethlisberger has actually handled his post-accusation situation better than Vick has handled his post-conviction situation.

Let me know when Big Ben hosts a parking-lot-shots-fired, white-linen party....

Let’s hope no one defends Goodell for his treatment of Roethlisberger.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ben-roethlisberger-just-a-pawn-in-roger-goodells-game-020211

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Well Vicks responses are all scripted, lol His only problem is reading what his peeps are writing him to say.

when he was on espn radio a few backs, doing his roger goodell kiss fest interview, you can shear how everything was written down for him. Hell, Goodell may have given him the script to read, lol

Buddha Bus
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
I've seen saving this picture for the right moment and I think this is it. Sunday, I would kill to see Ben get up on stage, and instead of showing gratitude to Goodell, he says this:

:rofl:

4xSBChamps
02-03-2011, 11:43 AM
... Goodell’s personal-conduct policy and his boneheaded decision to serve as judge, jury and executioner of the policy has forced the commissioner to play racial politics...

... let me know when Big Ben hosts a parking-lot-shots-fired, white-linen party...

"... and when he does, just to prove this theory wrong...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

...I'll fine James Harrison $50,000!!!"

tube517
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
You need to kill 20 minutes...this only takes up 0.2 seconds

4xSBChamps
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Harrison-SUCK-ITGoodell.jpg

4xSBChamps
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
You need to kill 20 minutes...this only takes up 0.2 seconds

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/NCISinvestigatingcrimescene.jpg