PDA

View Full Version : Interview: Antwaan Randle El Talks SB 45 In Depth

CYInt
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
An in depth conversation with Antwaan Randle El about the game plan for Super Bowl 45, his future in Pittsburgh and many other topics.

Can read or listen to the entire interview below:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/01/pittsburgh-steeler-antwaan-randle-el-opens-up-to-cyinterview-about-super-bowl-xlv-more/

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
great job.

you asked good questions and got excellent answers.

very insighful. well done. :applaudit:

quiggle
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
thank you CY, great post.

Ah, I'd wish the Steelers would doa gadget play with Randle El next Sunday like they did in XL.

CYInt
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
great job.

you asked good questions and got excellent answers.

very insighful. well done. :applaudit:

I have worked with the Steelers for at least six years. Spoke with Heath and Ike many years ago. I'm a celebrity interview outlet that does features on everything, but the Steelers have always done what they can to get me someone when I request an interview.

On another note, that's a great piece of cheese right there. Feel free to share it with any of the Steeler faithful.

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
I have worked with the Steelers for at least six years. Spoke with Heath and Ike many years ago. I'm a celebrity interview outlet that does features on everything, but the Steelers have always done what they can to get me someone when I request an interview.

On another note, that's a great piece of cheese right there. Feel free to share it with any of the Steeler faithful.that must be an awesome job and a ton of fun. glad to have you as a member here.

CHEESE FOR ALL! :alcohol:

:chuckle:

Merchant
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Excellent interview CY :thumbsup:

Nice to have a member who actually works with the Steelers on board.

CYInt
01-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I am honored to be here with all you guys. I'm glad some of you are enjoying the interview.

caplovestroyp43
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Awesome! I never knew he was so humble and had such deep faith in God. That is wonderful to see.

:tt02:

SeinfeldNut
01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Absolutely loved the interview, great job on it, just confirms what I thought of Randle El, hes a down to earth, humble guy who works hard at being the best player he can possibly be.

CYInt
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Absolutely loved the interview, great job on it, just confirms what I thought of Randle El, hes a down to earth, humble guy who works hard at being the best player he can possibly be.

I'm glad you liked it.

fer522
01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
that was great man :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Awesome! I never knew he was so humble and had such deep faith in God. That is wonderful to see.

:tt02:he is a very devout Christian. even when hines owned his bar, antwaan wouldnt even go there for post team gatherings and hang with the guys, because he doesnt beleive in drinking or fraternizing in bars. :drink:

CYInt
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
he is a very devout Christian. even when hines owned his bar, antwaan wouldnt even go there for post team gatherings and hang with the guys, because he doesnt beleive in drinking or fraternizing in bars. :drink:

Interesting story. What kind of cheese is that Tony?

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Interesting story. What kind of cheese is that Tony?

swiss cheese.

....from switzwerland.

Ben cuts the cheese (the joke never gets old).Reporting for a story in an upcoming edition of The Magazine, I spent all of last week zig-zagging across Switzerland with Ben Roethlisberger and his family -- in a dizzying, engrossing whirlwind of fondue, French wine, breathtaking natural beauty, clocks, lederhosen, yodelers, Alphorns and Swiss hospitality sweeter than chocolate -- as the Steelers QB investigated his Swiss heritage with the help of an innovative and tireless organization called Swiss Roots.

The main purpose of the trip was not to make me a household name in Switzerland, but for the Roethlisberger clan to visit a rustic farmhouse in the lush green valley of Geissbuehl, Lauperswil, where Ben's great, great grandfather lived before emigrating to the U.S. in 1873. Riding to the event down country lanes so narrow yellow wildflowers brushed against either side of the car, the tight-knit Roethlisbergers -- mom, Brenda, dad, Ken, and little sister, Carlee (herself a standout athlete at Findlay High School and a real trooper who never once complained about having to suffer through jet lag at prom) -- giggled at the it's-a-small-world-after all sight of spray-painted banners that read "Welcome to the Home: #7 Ben" that could just as easily been hanging from the front row of Heinz Field.

Upon Ben's arrival the locals were indifferent, at best, (or should I say, neutral). At his first stop, walking near the famous wooden bridge, Kapellbrucke, in Lucerne -- which features a stone Wasserturm (water tower) that at one time had been used as a torture chamber but is now occupied by a gift shop -- the townsfolk had no idea who Ben was; only that his baggy shorts and backwards Nike hat made him look like a school boy.

"He's no Madonna," sniffed one member of the Swiss press. But by the third day of Ben's adventure, Roethlisberger was a national sensation and his great-great grandpa's barn looked like the Steelers locker room after Super Bowl XL.

Near a wooden door frame that still bears a carving of his family name, Roethlisberger was given the high honor of cutting a block of locally-produced cheese that was roughly the size and weight of a manhole cover. They take their dairy very seriously here and Ben needed something that looked like a hack saw to cut through the ceremonial cheese. (Yes, yes, I said Big Ben cut the cheese. Go ahead. Get it out. Made me giggle, too. Okay, done? Not yet? Now? Good. Let's move on.)

CYInt
01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Interesting story about the swiss.

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
indeed it is.

you gotta do something pretty darn special to cut the ceremonial cheese.

stb_steeler
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM

Well some on here questioned why El was even on the team.....

CYInt
02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
He's a great mentor for your guys young WR core if anything else. He's also still contributing on special teams.

CYInt
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Indiana newspaper covers Antwaan interview:

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=12711

CYInt
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Enjoy the game tomorrow guys. It was nice chatting with you all.

:tt04:

CYInt
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Sorry you guys didn't win. Enjoy the time of from football.
:hatsoff: