PDA

View Full Version : America's Game: Super Bowl XLV

Third Rail
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm a big fan of this series and I'm just wondering which three guys you think they'll pick to narrate it. They typically don't use the same people twice, so if the Steelers win, that would most likely mean that Ben, Tomlin and Troy would be out. However, given the year that Ben's had, they might want to use him.

Typically, they go with one offensive player, one defensive, and a coach. My money would be on Ward, Harrison and LeBeau. All three have had pretty significant years... for Ward, a win would likely mean a HOF spot, Harrison had a tough year in the media with all the fines, and LeBeau was just inducted into the HOF.

If Green Bay wins, my guess is, they go with Rodgers, Matthews and McCarthy.

What do you guys think?

SH-Rock
01-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Harrison, Ben, Mike Tomlin

Acerinox
02-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Good shout, Third Rail. I'm not sure Harrison would be willing to do it. Probably I would go for LeBeau, Ward and Keisel, who is v media friendly. Though it would be most fun if SWAGGIN were to do it!

GMU Steeler
02-01-2011, 06:05 AM
My guesses would be:
Lebeau (he did get in tot he Hall this past year after all)
Wallace (breakout year for the man)
Brown (two big post-season catches)
Ward (This could be his last year)
Keisel (Believe this was the first year he made it to the pro bowl and his beard is simply awesome.)
Hood (had a breakout year too)
Pouncey (impact rookie)
I don't know though. I'm just psyched we're back in the big game really.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Hate to jinx this Sunday by speculating about this

You usually do not get repeat commentators, which would rule out Troy, Tomlin and Ben and with teams with multiple winners you sometimes get deeper into the roster - some of the best comments on the 1970s America's Game episoodes came from players such as White, Wagner, Grossman, and Banaszak

My candidates

Ward (a certainty if they win)
LeBeau
Harrison (I agree he might tell the league to shove it)
Farrior
Keisel (the beard would be a great segment)
Clark (apparently one of the best interviews on the team)

lionslicer
02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Harrison, Ben, Mike Tomlin

They only do a person once in their superbowl runs. Tomlin and Ben both did interviews during past superbowl seasons for the series. Harrison would be interesting to see.

I bet they'd do Pouncey if he plays in the superbowl. I think they'll use 3 of the following: Wallace, Miller, Farrior, Woodley, Clark, Taylor or Harrison, or LeBeau, they always have atleast 1 coach.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd say Ward, Farrior and LeBeau.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
I'd say Ward, Farrior and LeBeau.

I think all 3 are a lock for sure if they win.

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I would agree that Farrior would probably be more likely than Harrison. Harrison probably wouldn't want to do it, Maybe though. Just because it would give him a chance to voice some of his frustration over the course of the season.

They also might pick a suprise player like Flozell, since would be his return to Dallas.

Also, I wonder who they'll get to do the overall narration. The last Steelers one had Jon Hamm, which was really cool because he's one of my favorite actors.