PDA

View Full Version : Michael irvin Sexual Assault Civil Suit Settled

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Well I guess NFL Network will need to keep Michael Irvin off the set for any discussions this week regarding the grounds for Ben's suspension

A settlement has reportedly been reached in the civil lawsuit that accused former Dallas Cowboys great Michael Irvin of sexual battery.

Irvin's $100 million defamation countersuit will be dropped as part of the settlement, the attorney for the woman who filed the suit said on Friday, according to the Daily Business Review.

The confidential settlement was announced in federal court in Miami, where the lawsuit had been moved in March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6069382&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Since the league owns NFL Network maybe Goodell should now conduct his own investigation of Irvin and suspend him:noidea:

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
roger goodell just tweeted that it would be "really cool" if irvin won an emmy for his studio work. :noidea:

El Nino
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
he hasnt been convicted but since everyone's hating ben for what he didn't do, can i call him irvin the crackhead rapist now?

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 06:30 PM
roger goodell just tweeted that it would be "really cool" if irvin won an emmy for his studio work. :noidea:

:chuckle: - if you or I had media credentials we could have a blast in Dallas at the press conferences until Goodell called the cops

kevinloveiii
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Goodel has tainted the super bowl. Ben doesn't like you Roger. Get over it. Look on the bright side vick wants to walk your dog.

TRH
01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
i guess its ok to be accused of sexual assault as long as you're not a Steeler. Even a settlement. Settlements reek of questions. I hope Ben never settles.

To be honest....most likely none of these guys ever were guilty of any type of "sexual assault". What it does prove is that you have to be very careful, where you go, who you co-hort with...because there are alot of not-famous tramps and ho's who take a roll in the hay with you, then "accuse" you of an assault.
Makes you just wonder that since they're not famous....that they're trying to get "their 15 minutes". I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Look for it to happen more often in the future as the "copycat" ho's will be out in full force. ALL players should be very, very careful and skeptical.

Merchant
01-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Interesting how he's gonna be sitting down with Ben sunday morning for an in-depth interview.

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 11:36 PM
:chuckle: - if you or I had media credentials we could have a blast in Dallas at the press conferences until Goodell called the cops

Mr. Goodell, is it true that you just voted for NFL Network's very own Warren Sapp, aka @qbkilla, for the "best celebrity twitter handle of the year" award?

Its "pretty cool" when you re-tweet his tweets.

:tt04:

SteelKnight
02-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Not convicted, no criminal trial, I give the same courtesy as I give Ben. Settling civil cases does not prove guilt. I would be more moved if some of these women win criminal cases. I don't believe all women always tell the truth.

If someone really did something bad to you, press charges, win, and settle the civil stuff later. Notice civil cases are only for rich stars. If a regular guy sexually assaults you, you just do criminal ...if I'm correct. IDK