PDA

View Full Version : cowhers post draft press conference

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
verron #2 and duce #3???

if you werent confident after the draft this should seal the deal.

http://news.steelers.com/article/63813/ (and someone, please tell me, does cowher look like someone who wants to retire in this photo?)

on willie reid:

Coach Cowher: "He was a guy that really kind of intrigued us and at that point he is another guy that, I think, has really got a chance to develop into a pretty good receiver. He also has return ability. I don't know if you can have enough of those guys, as well. I think Santonio is a guy that is probably even more impressive on his kickoff returns and Willie has been more impressive on the punt returns. Both of these guys can return and we feel good about that. I like his potential and speed. I think that is the one thing that we haven't had here, to have that type of speed. I think with the quarterback that we have, the ability to put some weapons around him is important. "

cowhers turning into a speed freak. as well he should.

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 07:58 AM
I think his comments about Verron and Duce are more intended to now alienate Haynes than anything else.

Dook
05-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Our defense was ranked 4th best in the NFL last year.

I wonder if this year they can be, not just the #1, but completely dominant?

Midnightwriter07
05-02-2006, 05:32 PM
We are and will be pretty dominate against the run, not sure we will be in the secondary though.

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
We are and will be pretty dominate against the run, not sure we will be in the secondary though. i bet were top 5 in points allowed defense again though. im less concerned in yards given up.

we will have a top 5:
qb
running game
o- line
linebackers
special teams
and safety and nose tackle to boot.

i guess it would be alot to expect out of our secondary to be perfect. after all most these guys really have only been around since our 15-1 and sb winning season. although theyre young im not too concerned about their development. qf theyre ranked around 15th in yards allowed id be fine as long as they continue to not get burnt on big plays.

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I assume QB is for the QB rating, right?

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I assume QB is for the QB rating, right?

yep. if he werent under rookie salary we'd be talking top 5 in payroll too.