PDA

View Full Version : Packers CANNOT Lose

NEWstevo
01-31-2011, 09:41 PM
According to NFL Playbook, NFL on Sirius Radio, and a few other non-Pittsburgh talking heads… the Packers are not only favored to win the Super Bowl, but should win pretty convincingly. One guy on the radio (Rich Gannon I think, or maybe the other guy I was listening to) said that the Packers 53 guys were straight up superior to the Steelers 53. And… if one team was to win 30-0, they said it could only be the Packers over the Steelers, and NOT the other way around.

WOW.

Now, I really don’t feel “disrespected” because I’m not a Steeler player, and as a fan I could care less about people’s opinion. But are we Steeler fans THAT blind to reality? Are the Packers really that much better that the Steelers?

I know Green Bay is hot, they are playing great football, and they totally deserve to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. But just a few weeks ago (Dec. 12th) Green Bay only managed 3 points against the mighty Detroit Lions.

All along I have been thinking the game should be a tough battle, but apparently it’s not going to be that close, in favor of Green Bay.

OX1947
01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Who gives a (bleep)

tony hipchest
01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
geeze... that was a dumbass caller who said that and shein and gannon immediately shut him down, saying no team is capable of jumping on the other team 30-0.

all 3 did agree that from top to bottom the packers 53 was stronger than the steelers (which i think is bs).

the packers have 15 guys on IR which means their bottom 15 are back-ups to back ups, practice squadders, street players and scrubs.

we'll see who has the more dominant special teams come sunday.

Deserei90
01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
And here I was hearing some Packers Fans was saying they wasn't getting no respect from the media, I think this is more than enough respect for them.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
... one guy on the radio said that… if one team was to win 30-0, they said it could only be the Packers over the Steelers, and NOT the other way around.

I heard a talking-head gush about Rodgers' ability, and when his partner cut him short, asking 'what about Roethlisberger?', he was told

"... Roethlisberger is good, but you are watching a future Hall-of-Fame player when you see Rodgers..."

:doh:

why don't we wait until Rodgers plays... oh... 60 League games before annointing him HoF worthy?

:banging:

SH-Rock
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
2007 Patriots is all I'm saying.

Atlanta Dan
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
It's a toss-up troll - closest match-up I can recall

Listen to Mike Lombardi of NFL Network and Adam Schatz of Football Outsiders break it down on Bill Simmons podcast today - too close to call

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1&id=6077690

madtowndrunkard
01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
According to NFL Playbook, NFL on Sirius Radio, and a few other non-Pittsburgh talking heads… the Packers are not only favored to win the Super Bowl, but should win pretty convincingly. One guy on the radio (Rich Gannon I think, or maybe the other guy I was listening to) said that the Packers 53 guys were straight up superior to the Steelers 53. And… if one team was to win 30-0, they said it could only be the Packers over the Steelers, and NOT the other way around.

WOW.

Now, I really don’t feel “disrespected” because I’m not a Steeler player, and as a fan I could care less about people’s opinion. But are we Steeler fans THAT blind to reality? Are the Packers really that much better that the Steelers?

I know Green Bay is hot, they are playing great football, and they totally deserve to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. But just a few weeks ago (Dec. 12th) Green Bay only managed 3 points against the mighty Detroit Lions.

All along I have been thinking the game should be a tough battle, but apparently it’s not going to be that close, in favor of Green Bay.

I love this stuff. Seriously. We've got every media mouth calling for a Packer win. We've got vegas calling for a packer win. We've got the NFL's own commissioner trying to stir up our locker room and slam our QB a week prior to the SB. We've had the league officials targeting our players all year. People calling us dirty. Our starting QB was suspended for 4 games over accusations. Our O-line is decimated. We are getting zero respect from anyone. This is awesome :tt04:

It only makes for one of the better SB's in NFL history. I fully expect some shady officiating on Sunday. Bottom line is if we want to shut these people up..... then win. Are the pundits wrong? We will have the opportunity on Sunday to prove them wrong. If we lose, then everything that was said about us vs the packers is true. If we win...they can all shove it up their @#$ and steeler fans everywhere can rejoice.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Gotta defend Gannon, it wasn't him... It was Adam Shein :blah:.... He has picked against the Steelers every week.. Shein stands by his quote "Packers are the Better team" . As it stands on picking Steeler's games, he is batting 0pct.. Glad he is on the Packers.

Gannon thought the game would be close.... He seems more level headed, but is leaning Packers.

4xSBChamps
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
2007 Patriots* is all I'm saying.

corrected for factual-content

:drink:

El Nino
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.rearrange-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/owl-orly.jpg

NEWstevo
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Adam Shein! Yeah that's him. Thanks guys.

SeinfeldNut
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Always love the "experts" like Shein who break down each position, players etc and comes up with a prediction. Then when gametime comes around, the game is completely opposite of what he or any "expert" thought it would be.

mesaSteeler
01-31-2011, 10:20 PM
So much the better. The Pack will be over confident.

Dino 6 Rings
01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
48-0 Steelers win. Now I have as much legitamacy as anyone else predicting the game...

As long as we go out there with the intention of crushing the packers will to live...we will be victorios!

tanda10506
01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
It's funny how bad all the "experts" and media want the Packers to win and the things they say to try to make the Packers sound superior. I have nothing against the Packers, and would be routing for them if they were playing anybody except the Steelers, but the media has almost gotten me to the point where I don't like them at all. It's absolutely ridiculous the way they go on and on about Rodgers. A QB with few playoff wins, an atrocious record in close games, no SB wins or appearances. Yes, he's looking good and playing well, we get it. He's still no Ben, or Brady, or Manning etc. They have good WR's, not sure if they are better then ours. They have good defense, not even that close to our level. Yet the media says how much better they are. It's almost laughable. I just wish I could have closed circuit TV on all the no nothing "no it alls" when the game clock reaches zero and Ben's holding the Lombardi. The look on there face will be priceless!!! The thing that I really don't understand is why the media will pick a team and glorify them against another for no reason. Stupidity runs rampant in there world.

iloveplywood
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
It will be interesting to see where the experts end up once the official predictions come in -- I bet the ESPN experts will be more 50/50. The Packers do get a lot of hype for a 10-6 team. I think a lot of it is the Favre backlash, the media wants the Packers to succeed to bury Favre (of course they are the ones who created the monster, but whatever).

I'd be rooting for the Steelers if they were playing anyone else -- I just love the way they play football and I enjoy watching Ben play QB -- he's so different from the text book great QB. If the Packers have to lose to anyone I can take losing to the Steelers better than I could to most teams.

Have a great Sunday guys and don't let the media get to you!

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
It will be interesting to see where the experts end up once the official predictions come in - I bet the ESPN experts will be more 50/50

Berman is probably sticking with his prediction New England will win it all

plenewken
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Who gives a f*ck what these "experts" think? Who are the experts by the way? Gannon and Adam Stein? Laughable!

I watched CHI-GB and didn't see anything that would freak me out. I maintain that the Ravens and the Jets were stronger teams than the Packers and even if the Packers play better than in the NFGCG, we will also play better than in the AFCCG, much better indeed. This time, we'll play 60mn and not 30.

The only thing that worries me is the officiating, not the Packers.

chitownpit
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM

WOW.

Just so you know being from chicago , iv seen this detroit defense grow , there young but got some talent. they can shut some teams down when there on the same page:coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
the Steelers

CAN NO LOSE!

MUST WINE!

Steelboy84
02-01-2011, 05:29 PM
2007 Patriots is all I'm saying.

Right after that SB, there was an idiot on a yahoo msg board claiming "as I look around, we're the only 18-1 team in the NFL."

Yea, and the Giants were the only SB champs in the NFL. :rofl:

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
OK, it's time to channel John Facenda and paraphrase some of his best for us now...

"By day, the Packers kept it close. But by night, their hopes and dreams faded into the black reality of a Pittsburgh team doing whatever it takes to win games (dramatic pause)...when most of America is watching."

Pittsburgh had reduced the Packer shotgun to a squirt...setting a Super Bowl record 8 sacks, as a Niagra of black and gold poured in on Aaron Rodgers..."

Feel free to add to this if you like

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
OK, it's time to channel John Facenda and paraphrase some of his best for us now...

"By day, the Packers kept it close. But by night, their hopes and dreams faded into the black reality of a Pittsburgh team doing whatever it takes to win games (dramatic pause)...when most of America is watching."

Pittsburgh had reduced the Packer shotgun to a squirt...setting a Super Bowl record 8 sacks, as a Niagra of black and gold poured in on Aaron Rodgers..."

Feel free to add to this if you like

"soon, it was if the ghosts of NFL Championships-past

ocV5bGHdYag

couldn't stop the onslaught of a blood-thirsty defense, forged in steel"

we need to add the soundtrack from the old 1960's 'NFL Action'

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm more than a little surprised to find this "We don't get no respect" schtick being dumped around on a Steelers forum. Come on guys, you're fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers .... this kind of crap is reserved for "also-rans" NOT fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Listen up...in case you're not aware of it...every knowledgeable Packers fan that I talk to here in Northeastern Wisconsin recognizes this game for what it is - the ultimate match-up of two best teams in their respective conferences; two teams that are supposed to be in Dallas. No Cinderella stories. This game will be decided on the field by 106 guys beating the livin' shite out of each other. This game will not be decided by a bunch of washed up jocks being paid to "talk" about it ... or by some pencil necked geeks sitting on a soundstage "talking" about it ... or a bunch of fans plunking away on keyboards "talking" about it.

Throughout the playoffs on the NFC side...I'd go to opposing teams fans sites to get some insight into the other team from their knowledgeable posters...not the 18, 19 or 20 year-old kids spewing the junk they spew ... or the people who have latched onto the team once it became apparent they were something special...and I've been around the net and the game long enough to recognize them immediately. Anyway...as a 6th seed, all of those teams 'should' have been favored to defeat the Pack. The Iggles were a 3 seed. The Pack beat them...the Falcons were a 1 seed...the Pack beat them...the Bears a 2 seed...same result. The only team that really scared me were the Bears (I hate the Bears, always have)...because a game between two NFC Central (none of this 'North' junk for me) "Black and Blue Division" opponents can go in either direction in one big hurry -- and I'm sure that's true of the AFC North as well.

Well...I'm here to tell you that the Steelers scare me just as much the Bears did....and respect from the media has doodly-squat to do with anything. By and large, they're braindead hacks pandering to a 7th-grade intellect.

I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers and I don't give a rat's ass what the media has to say about nearly anything.

You're fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers and your team most certainly doesn't need the "respect" of the media, the New England fans...the Browns fans... it just doesn't matter.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm more than a little surprised to find this "We don't get no respect" schtick being dumped around on a Steelers forum. Come on guys, you're fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers .... this kind of crap is reserved for "also-rans" NOT fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Listen up...in case you're not aware of it...every knowledgeable Packers fan that I talk to here in Northeastern Wisconsin recognizes this game for what it is - the ultimate match-up of two best teams in their respective conferences; two teams that are supposed to be in Dallas. No Cinderella stories. This game will be decided on the field by 106 guys beating the livin' shite out of each other. This game will not be decided by a bunch of washed up jocks being paid to "talk" about it ... or by some pencil necked geeks sitting on a soundstage "talking" about it ... or a bunch of fans plunking away on keyboards "talking" about it.

Throughout the playoffs on the NFC side...I'd go to opposing teams fans sites to get some insight into the other team from their knowledgeable posters...not the 18, 19 or 20 year-old kids spewing the junk they spew ... or the people who have latched onto the team once it became apparent they were something special...and I've been around the net and the game long enough to recognize them immediately. Anyway...as a 6th seed, all of those teams 'should' have been favored to defeat the Pack. The Iggles were a 3 seed. The Pack beat them...the Falcons were a 1 seed...the Pack beat them...the Bears a 2 seed...same result. The only team that really scared me were the Bears (I hate the Bears, always have)...because a game between two NFC Central (none of this 'North' junk for me) "Black and Blue Division" opponents can go in either direction in one big hurry -- and I'm sure that's true of the AFC North as well.

Well...I'm here to tell you that the Steelers scare me just as much the Bears did....and respect from the media has doodly-squat to do with anything. By and large, they're braindead hacks pandering to a 7th-grade intellect.

I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers and I don't give a rat's ass what the media has to say about nearly anything.

You're fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers and your team most certainly doesn't need the "respect" of the media, the New England fans...the Browns fans... it just doesn't matter.

yeah man I don't play to that no respect bullshit either. These are grown men playing in the game of their lives. It doesn't matter if they've been there once or ten times, they are still going to give it everything they have to win. Regardless of what the media says or doesn't say.

Great post by the way and welcome to our boards. :drink: :tt02: +rep to you:hatsoff:

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks. Same to you.

austinfrench76
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
So, I have been watching the NFL network and I am extremely confused by some of the coverage. They have a tracker and there were several "How are the Steelers going to handle...." such and such. I HAVE NO IDEA when the Steelers became HUGE under dogs??!! Everything I am seeing is Pittsburgh can't handle this or that. I cannot wait for Sunday! Rodgers did not play well against the Bears and that defense was not lights out against a 3rd team QB (Hainie). I don't know but it pisses me off to hear the negative talk. Maybe i missed the neg GB talk but all this "Rodgers is unstoppable" is non sense! Go Steelers!

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
If you need to be stroked.... turn on the talking heads from ESPN.

austinfrench76
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Don't come on my forum telling me where to go for covergae. Go back to your own team's forums and talk about whatever the hell you talk about in Wisconsin. Why are you here??

SteelMember
02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Berman is probably sticking with his prediction New England will win it all

:rofl:

No one circles the wagons like the... oh wait. :chuckle:

and Hey chitown... nice sig. :kick:

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't come on my forum telling me where to go for covergae. Go back to your own team's forums and talk about whatever the hell you talk about in Wisconsin. Why are you here??

To point and laugh at guys like you.

My point is that the ESPN guys have been laying down a distinctively Steelers flavor....and anyone with a brain doesn't have the Steelers as an underdog. These teams are pretty heads-up even...each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Jackal
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM

My point is that the ESPN guys have been laying down a distinctively Steelers flavor....and anyone with a brain doesn't have the Steelers as an underdog. These teams are pretty heads-up even...each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

In reading the comments and posts on various Super Bowl stories, a majority of Packers fans seem to be thinking it'll be a blowout and that the Steelers don't stand a chance....I guess you're on to something.

SacknificentStew56
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I love all this pregame talk, predictions, opinions, etc. I might have to treat myself to a bottle of champagne for Sunday and hopefully I will be able to pop the cork with a smile right before I guzzle it straight down. Let us not forget that Steel>Cheese!! Just because the SB trophy is named after Lombardi doesn't mean it'll be a given. I wish we could rename it the Rooney trophy.

SacknificentStew56
02-02-2011, 12:06 PM

About as OBVIOUS as OBVIOUS can possibly get. :tt04:

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
You know... when I see that stuff, I pretty much assume we're reading the work of a kid who doesn't understand the game, or a clown who actually goes to websites (such as this) with the express intention of posting shit to stir the pot. By and large, I haven't run across one knowledgeable fan (Green Bay or Steeler) whose opinion is intelligently constructed, that would even TOY with the notion of a 'blow out' by either team. These teams are both too good for that.

Previous poster asked what I was doing here ... I am here because I've found some pretty intelligent guys here. Fans who have either played the game beyond Pop Warner or have taken the time to learn the nuances of the game. Guys who can intelligently discuss O-line blocking...THAT is usually a good sign of a fan of the game....and not just a 'homer'. I come here for insights about the Steelers from the people who know them best and I've not been disappointed by this forum at all. Oh...and I ignore Packer fan homers as well -- and call 'em on it too.

I don't go to opposing teams sites and drop turdlets..and then leave. Besides, I'm a closet Steeler fan ... obviously a Packers fan first and foremost, but you get the drift.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
About as OBVIOUS as OBVIOUS can possibly get. :tt04:

I didn't mean to disrespect you. :coffee:

As I said previously, I can't believe that fans of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS are talking about being 'disrespected'.

DoubleYoi
02-02-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm going to call BS on this post. In a puppy dog and rainbows kind of perfect world, it's nice to sit back and say "this is the Super Bowl. If the teams aren't fired up to play based solely on that, something's wrong." However, we're talking about guys like Hines Ward who base their entire career on being disrespected. Guys like James Harrison who have an obvious dislike for the league commissioner and like being pi$$ed at the world and proving it with their play on the field. Guys like Mike Tomlin who aren't shy to voice displeasure about being respected by the media. If you think Tomlin and his staff will let his team take the field Sunday without the "us against the world" mentality, you've got another thing coming. Analysts and Vegas favoring the Packers only adds fuel to the blast furnace.

As for the fans, we've heard all year about Ben's off-season antics, Harrison's dirty play among other things. Why the hell wouldn't we feel disrespected? The Packers are a 10-6 #6 seed team playing against a 12-4, division champ #2 seed and GB is favored?

Aaron Rodgers said at media day that he hopes the Steelers win the toss and receive so his nerves can settle before he takes the field. Not something I'd be wanting to hear from my starting QB heading into the biggest game of his career. Champions want the ball in their hands when their backs are against the wall. This team has been in that position all year long and even dating back to last year when the media piled on them and their over-the-hill Defense. Do the predictions of Gannon, Shein and Boomer have a direct impact on the game? Absolutely not. Do they give the Steelers and their fans a little extra motivation to silence the critics? Yo better believe it.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
All right... valid points from your point of view. Still, if you need something to fire you up then this will really piss some of you off:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/local-politics/20110131-at-dallas-zoo-jenny-the-elephant-stomps-steelers-picks-packers-to-win-super-bowl.ece

Incidentally, Ben disrespected the Packers yesterday by saying Steeler fans were the best in the world. I'm angry...

DoubleYoi
02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I didn't mean to disrespect you. :coffee:

As I said previously, I can't believe that fans of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS are talking about being 'disrespected'.

You act as if there hasn't been any disrespect towards the Steelers all year. It's not like this is a Seahawks message board and we're whining about the disrespect Vegas is showing us the week before the Wild Card game against the Saints. I mean, come on. Do you honestly feel we have no reason to act that way?

I admit, feeling disrespected by the prediction of Adam Shein of all people is ludicrous if that's your only reason for feeling that way. BUT, when you go through the season this team has and you have guys like that saying we don't stand a chance, it's a little easier to feel disrespected.

Jackal
02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I will say one thing...I'll take Packers fans over Seachickens and Cardinals fans any day.

DoubleYoi
02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
All right... valid points from your point of view. Still, if you need something to fire you up then this will really piss some of you off:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/local-politics/20110131-at-dallas-zoo-jenny-the-elephant-stomps-steelers-picks-packers-to-win-super-bowl.ece

Incidentally, Ben disrespected the Packers yesterday by saying Steeler fans were the best in the world. I'm angry...

Just one more thing for Tomlin to use to get the Steelers fired up. "Let's go out there and prove that elephant bitch wrong!" Best part of that article is the girl saying "it's a little heartbreaking." What the article failed to mention is that Roger Goodell killed Jenny the elephant, dressed in an elephant costume and stomped the Steelers watermelon.

WisconsinSteelerMan
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Living in the land of people who pair the wrong color (green) with their gold pants, I can honestly say that next to Steelers' fans, the Pack fans are some of the best around. This WHOLE STATE is behind their team.

I am confident that the Steelers are going to lay wood to the pack, but I can honestly say that if we HAD to lose to a team, it would be to the Pack... But we are NOT going to lose! Troy, Lamar, James, Lawrence, Brett, Rashard, Ben, Mike, Hines and Heath just WON'T let it happen. (not to mention, Mike, Dick and Bruce*)

Mike in La Crosse, WI

*had to include him even though I still wish he wasn't here!

Mordax
02-02-2011, 01:01 PM

Doesn't every professional athlete say that about their respective team's fans?