PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Super Bowl Plans?

BGSU A Dub
02-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Just wondering what everyone is planning for this year's Super Bowl.

-What's on the menu?
- What beverages are going to be consumed?
- What jersey are you going to wear?
- What are you going to do for the pre-game?

At my place, we are doing a pot-luck style buffet. I am providing alcohol (pony-keg of Bud Light) and leaving the food up to the women and fellow Steelers fans that come over. Pre-game will be littered with multiple activities to keep the time occupied (xbox 360, power hour, listening to "Black and Yellow" multiple times). I will be sporting my usual Roethlisberger jersey. As Borat would say: "Very excite!" :thumbsup: :drink: :tt02:

Aussie Steeler
02-01-2011, 03:37 AM
My Super Bowl plans include
1) Skipping work, since the game is on a Monday in Aus
2) Gonna have a few cold ones in the morning .. and throughout the afternoon to celebrate Pittsburgh's win
3) Don't have a gridiron jersey and will probably still be in my pyjamas

Goooo Steelers :)

Rick5895
02-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Wings and ribs will be on my menu. There is no Steeler bar here so I Will be watching at home with my son, no parties for me when the Steelers are playing, one of my buds is having a party but most of my friends cheer for other teams and I have no interest in watching the game at someone else's house with all the cross talk and noise ( of non Steeler fans) that goes along with it.
When the game is over I will toast the Steelers season with a glass of Dalwhinnie.
I won't be wearing one of my jerseys I will be wearing a "got rings" gold long sleeved T which i have been wearing on this layoff run and since we haven't lost while I have worn it I see no reason to stop, LOL>
I also have Troy and Lambert action figures sitting on a Super Bowl TERRIBLE TOWEL on a TV table facing the TV.

pete74
02-01-2011, 04:38 AM
party at my sisters with pizza and wings. im lucky if i drink 2 beers a year and this will be the day i consume them. last super bowl i was over there but got to nervous at halftime and had to go home to watch it by myself. hopefully this year we will have a comfortable lead thru the entire game and i wont end up with 10+ mini-heart attacks. im also breaking out my good luck signed Bradshaw jersy to wear

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 09:24 AM
fiancee goes into hospital at 6:00 AM next day, for 5th chemo-therapy session, and with a 6:30-ish kick-off, it'll be too-late to go-out and watch the game at our local APPLEBEE'S, like we did 2 years ago this evening:
pizza & Pepsi at home

SacknificentStew56
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Might have a party earlier during the day since the game will be on here in Belgium at 1230 am on Monday. Drinking beer here and there throughout the day and shootin' Hennessey two hours before gametime. Food has yet to be determined but i'll sure as hell will be drunk.

MACH1
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Stay sober enough till the game starts. Then if things go wrong I'll be numb by the end. :chuckle:

StainlessStill
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Just wondering what everyone is planning for this year's Super Bowl.

-What's on the menu?
- What beverages are going to be consumed?
- What jersey are you going to wear?
- What are you going to do for the pre-game?

At my place, we are doing a pot-luck style buffet. I am providing alcohol (pony-keg of Bud Light) and leaving the food up to the women and fellow Steelers fans that come over. Pre-game will be littered with multiple activities to keep the time occupied (xbox 360, power hour, listening to "Black and Yellow" multiple times). I will be sporting my usual Roethlisberger jersey. As Borat would say: "Very excite!" :thumbsup: :drink: :tt02:

Nice thread!

Me and my family, friends, my girlfriend and our double date partners are going to get together at my house and have an ass-kicking Super Bowl Party! We will have ALL KINDS of homemade food. We will have beer (obviously) wine, champagne, finger foods, all kinds of fried foods (fried pickles, fried onions, fried peppers homemade pizza, an X-amount of desert and cookies, cakes, drinks, variety, you name it, we'll have it.

I also made up a $5.00 buy in grid formatting around the game. I made up a sheet of 24 questions worth an X amount of points. Whoever answers the most questions right during the game (Ex) How many passing touchdowns will Ben throw in the first half? How many timeouts will G.B use in the first QRT?) ETC. Whoever has the most answers right, wins the pot. I did it for XLIII as well.

It'll be a blast, just like last time!

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Wings...lots of Wings...and 2-3 Pots of Coffee. Will be watching at home on my big screen. Polamalu Jersey on, with 4 terrible towels (for luck) and the family...hiding...

StillerzFreak
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Same routine as every other Sunday, I'll be grilling, group of family and friends(about 20 of us) will bring food(chili, bufff chix dip, sausage dip, etc.) and/or liquor(crown, jager, goose). Almost everybody has a different jersey. I've worn my Ike Taylor jersey every game this year so that's not going to change. My wife will be in her Heath jersey, daughters in their Ward and Polamalu jerseys. My dog will be in his custom Steelers jersey. Every game we do a pre-game shooto(shot). I prefer crown :) and then if things start going bad I'll be numb at the end as MACH1 said lol

GO STEELERS!

steelerdave1969
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
As the game kicks off I will be home most likely with family and maybe some friends. Planning on cooking something, not even sure what we are gonna do for sure yet. But I know one thing . . . . Once the game kicks off . . I am in front of the 55" Sony in my living room supporting the Greatest Team in the NFL . . . . Go Steelers
:tt02:

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Head to the Mooseknuckle, eat lots of wings, drink lots of beer and watch #7 come to the 'Burgh! :tt04: :tt03: :steelersflag: :tt05:

I'll be wearing my away Polamalu jersey complete with wig.

stlrtruck
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
O'Briens Irish Pub in Tampa, FL
Front row seat with only a stage in front of me to watch the game on a drop down screen via projector
Food - I know it includes deer bologna, crackers, and cheese

Steelillini
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Hanging with my three boys watching in the comforts of my own house. Jerseys will be Pouncey, Wallace, Ben and Mendy. No party at my house, held one for Super Bowl XXX and we all know how that turned out.

SeinfeldNut
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Will be with my parents for Super Bowl Sunday, I will have my Polamalu jersey on, terrible towel in hand and in front of the TV cheering the Steelers to ring #7. Should be allot of fun as both my parents do not like the Steelers.

Stu Pidasso
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Is there anything going on at Heinz Field for the game? I'd buy a ticket to watch the jumbotron with 65,000 other fans...

SteelWolf62
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Well first off, make sure the DVR is set up
No party this year, just my daughter and I will be watching the game so it's one (maybe two) of the Chili's party platters.
Her in Hine's jersey and me in Ben's (same ones we wore during the playoffs)
Fridge filled with Smithwick's and freezer has Jager (for shots for every Steelers score)

Get up Monday a re-watch the game.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
No party this year, just my daughter and I will be watching the game so it's one (maybe two) of the Chili's party platters.
Fridge filled with Smithwick's and freezer has Jager (for shots for every Steelers score)

Mmmmmmm... Smithwick's! :yummy:

TailgateMel
02-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Me an a bunch of friends are going on a "Booze Cruise" in the Steeler Fan Van, hitting up some bars and friends houses early in the day (Yes, we have a DD).... then we are gonna watch the game a a friends house not far from where I live, every game I've ever watched there, the Steelers won.

acidburn517
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Well i live in wisconsin so it's not a surprise that I haven't been invited to any superbowl parties. Dallas is just too darn expensive. We were thinking of flying back to pittsburgh to visit friends but the weather is terrible so the next best thing was Las Vegas for the weekend. I'm thinking there will be more Steelers fans there. (at least alot more than here) and it's gonna be warmer.

Wearing my Troy jersey proudly and the GF is wearing her Harrison one. Should be fun.

mizzouristeeler
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
chili nachos, beer, six foot sub. i'll be wearing 43 waving my towel.

BGSU A Dub
02-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Did this for the Ravens game. After the game was over and after the celebratory bottle of champagne, I was out before halftime of the next game (thankfully I was because a Packers fan was at the same place I was and acting like a BUFFOON. Needless to say, that friend is not stepping foot in my place on Sunday, THIS IS WAR. :tt: :tt03:

struther1
02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
We are frying a turkey and having nachos and dip. No Packer fans allowed.

dcbng
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Start the day with watching the Pens kick some crapitals azz, just to get the juices flowing.

Chili, kilbasa & kraut, wings.

just reloaded the kegerator with a fresh half of Yungling, with wine for some of the ladies.

Then back to the Shrine with about 15 -20 people to go crazy. I did invite a few deadskins fans, but they both graduated from Central Michigan State, and will be cheering for AB and the Steelers.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1727378244&aid=24663
the post game will include running up and down the cul-de-saq, screaming and waving my Steelers flag, but just to annoy the deadskins fans and one deadskins player that lives close by.

fer522
02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
i'm going down to dallas
so i really don't know what i'm gonna do
i'll be arround the stadium looking for a place to watch the game
i'll upload the some pics monday or tuesday

go steelers :tt03:

Curtain_of_Steel
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
30 people, of which are eagles and jets fans, and 8 Steeler fans, total of 15 rooting for the Steelers.

Apps: Shrimp, calamari, mozz sticks, wings
Entrees: Ribs, Pasta, Chicken

Found some iron city beer, and corona's.

Kids wear jerseys, wife sometimes. I never wear one, so I can't start now, lol

BGSU A Dub
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I have created a "Steelers Power Hour" (where the song changes every minute which is supposed to trigger a participant to take a drink). Does anyone know where I can post it so that everyone would have easy access to it or would I have send it through some program? (It's a rather large file)

VolatileMan
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Small party at the house (kid freindly), and my eldest son (22) just bought himself a new smoker. I think he's planning on a couple of tri-tips and a rack or 2 of ribs!! (yea its a huge smoker, and he is the king of smoking meat).

Will try to stay sober until the game, then who knows
Cant Wait
:tt04:

stb_steeler
02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/cliffhick/Having%20A%20Ray%20Day/ray22.jpg

:drink::drink::drink:

LegendSteel
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Watching it with my dad and some of his friends. :)

I'll be wearing my black Troy jersey that I bought near when we drafted him, before he was popular. I remember being like the only one I knew with one at the time. That jersey has been through thick and thin...it's been to every Steelers home game (including playoffs) since I bought it, the Bengals playoff game in 06, and Super Bowl XL. Can't break tradition.

DoubleYoi
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Going to my Dad's:

- 52" LCD in one room, projector and giant screen in another
- Great Lakes (Edmund Fitzgerald & Elliot Ness), Guinness, Crown Royal and Jameson
- Prime rib, king crab, homemade stromboli, wings, lumpia, ponsett
- Keisel SB XLIII jersey

Wahoo90
02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
My brother and I are smoking a shoulder for pulled pork...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

finesward
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Going to local Pizzeria where I watch all the games

Yuengling, Pizza, Wings, and snacks/dips

probably 2 packs of cigs (i don't even smoke)

Steelboy84
02-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Getting up early and have my game day breakfast. Grits, pancakes, sausage, bacon, jelly and juice. Watching all the pre-game on NFL N and FOX. Got my terrible towel ready to go. I'm grilling some Saturday and the other on gameday.

Boudin

burgers

ribs

steak

raccoon

A few snacks and some soda and a lot of hooping and hollering.

stb_steeler
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Going to local Pizzeria where I watch all the games

Yuengling, Pizza, Wings, and snacks/dips

probably 2 packs of cigs (i don't even smoke)

LoL.....hopefuly u wont need the cigs after the game!!!

The Curtain's Crusader
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
My campus ministry has a party every year at the house on campus so that's where I'll be. We'll have homemade wings, pizza, etc... and watching it projected on the wall. I'll be wearing my Troy home jersey with a TT and the wife will be in her Townsend (her maiden name) home jersey. Packers K (Masthay) went to our city high school here and quite a few of the guys know him/went to school with him so I'm sure there'll be plenty of people rooting on the Packers. DVR the game (of course) in hopes of enjoying the victory multiple times. I work at Domino's since it goes well with the school schedule and I'm just thankful to have been there long enough and don't usually work on Sundays so I don't have to work. Had to work for XL and saw only the 2nd half and only the last drive of XLIII so I'll be glad to get to watch it all live for a change.

Deserei90
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Watching the game with the fam around the big screen TV. Having a contest to see who gets the score right or close at the end of the game, win money if u guess right. Wearing either My Polamalu or Wallace jersey can't decide. Of Course Imma have my terrible towel wit me. Having alot of food and beer of course......but I don't drink yet, maybe next month lol.:chuckle:

SteelersBry79
02-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm watching the game here or at my neighbor's. But if we win, I fully expect to be running out the door and over to my neighbors like I did 2 years ago and get some free beer :tt03:

Acerinox
02-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Being in London - just three words.

All. Night. Party!