PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk calls out Goodell

Raw Steel
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
On NFL Network this morning. Faulk said Goodell should not be making headlines and causing distractions for either team. Slammed him pretty good.

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow, Faulk actually sticking up for the Steelers (or at least having the balls to call Goodell on his shit)? Gotta say I'm shocked but I just gained a ton of respect for him.

Pentheon
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
good....goodell deserves to be slammed...hes trying to slam ben and the steelers. This guy should be a little more professional

Buddha Bus
I think Goodell has stepped in a very large pile of poo-poo here.

Farrior_roirraW
Wow, Faulk actually sticking up for the Steelers (or at least having the balls to call Goodell on his shit)? Gotta say I'm shocked but I just gained a ton of respect for him.

Haha, yeah. Ditto. :hatsoff:

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah. Also, in case you guys haven't read... Apparently, Peter King committed the journalistic cardinal sin of ASSUMING Goodell was referring to Steelers players when he said that no one stuck up for Ben. Apparently he talked to players all around the league.

So in many ways, Peter King is just as guilty here for being a hack journalist, at least in this case. Thus, I'm off the PK bandwagon. I was calling him a genius a week ago for his Steelers/Packers Super Bowl prediction in the preseason, but now he just looks like a jerk trying to make headlines.

On the other hand, if this story is even accurate, was Goodell REALLY surprised that players on OTHER teams wanted Ben suspended? Gee, ask Carson Palmer or Joe Flacco if they would fare better if they didn't have to face Ben. I wonder what their f***ing answers would be. What an idiot.

El Nino
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM

i'm as shocked as anyone else, faulk never supports the steelers

i sill think he's a douche bag, though

fer522
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
about time foo says somethig that makes sense :noidea:

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 12:18 PM
.... goodell deserves to be slammed...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonandMikeTomlinSB43.jpg

"... when I accept the Trophy, you circle around-back and..."

JJ7
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Another example of the commissioner run amuk..... Why would you ask other playeres their opinions on what to do with Ben? and then discussing it? He is so unprofessional.

CargoJon
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Goodell is a nasty ho.

eta - wow, I actually triggered the auto-censor on this site...lol

DrunkFlea
I was beginning to look at the NFL network as nothing but the leagues PR machine.. very glad to hear one of their guys (Faulk no less) call out the commish on this.

King had to be the one to do the retracting here.. not like Goodell was going to come out publically and own up to what he implied. Much easier to threaten a writers livelyhood forcing him to become the sacrificial lamb.

Really though, it doesn't matter if it was King who assumed.. or Goodell who implied. The real issue is why was he disclosing details of confidential conversations to begin with? You can't let go bits and pieces of the story like that. Either give full disclosure or be professional and keep your big ego filled pie hole shut.

caseyviator
wen the steelers win sunday, goodel is gonna be in hot water with the owners for sayin this stuff against their champions and will eventually fire him b4 next year..

ucsteve667
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I still think this is a lot of Peter Kings manipulation on all this

CargoJon
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
wen the steelers win sunday, goodel is gonna be in hot water with the owners for sayin this stuff against their champions and will eventually fire him b4 next year..

Don't get your hopes up.....about Goodell I mean.

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM

das Kommizar had no-business speaking with players from opposing teams about the incident, but I tend to agree that King timed this for maximum impact:
still, there's no-reason to avoid a blind-side hit on Ms. Goodell

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM

I agree.

King may have picked us to win but that doesn't mean he's our friend. Peter King is out for Peter King and that's the way it is. He's the one who "broke" this story at this particular time even though Goodell's comments were made a month ago. He could easily have checked to see what was actually said or who Goodell actually spoke to - especially since his little hit-piece calls out the entire Steeler locker room and basically says that they all hated Ben and he releases it at a time when it creates the most controversy.

It's all about the Benjamin's and SI / King make piles of them with opportunistic crap like this "story".

I think that Goodell and King are two of a kind - opportunistic narcissists who only have their own interests at heart. Goodell wants worship and King wants readers.

Well I'd say that judging by the overall reaction, this whole thing has blown up in both of their faces and I hope they both crash and burn.

Screw 'em!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Good for Marshall. Does Goodell have any power to punish him?

TRH
02-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I saw this. My hat's off to Faulk and he didn't back off.
Did you hear a couple of the other's try and keep stirring up this mess and getting flustered with Falk? They were p*ssing me off but Faulk held his ground

MDSteel15
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
It's really hard to believe that Marshall Faulkhead stood up for any Steeler the way he has badmouthed the team all season long!

austinfrench76
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
F-Goodell.

Just wanted to say that.

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Good for Marshall. Does Goodell have any power to punish him?

The Book of Goodell, Chapter 4, Verse 7:

"Any time an NFL player, current, former or imaginary, makes a statement that is in opposition to His Majesty the Commissioner, James Harrison is subject to a $75,000 fine."

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 03:49 PM

"Any time an NFL player, current, former or imaginary, makes a statement that is in opposition to His Majesty the Commissioner, James Harrison is subject to a $75,000 fine."

You're reading from the Old Testament. The revised New Testament states, in addition to what you posted: "... Ben Roethlisberger shall receive a 6 game suspension, Michael Vick shall be lauded as a conquering hero and the New England Patriots shall receive 2 extra 1st round draft picks." :chuckle:

Third Rail
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
You're reading from the Old Testament. The revised New Testament states, in addition to what you posted: "... Ben Roethlisberger shall receive a 6 game suspension, Michael Vick shall be lauded as a conquering hero and the New England Patriots shall receive 2 extra 1st round draft picks." :chuckle:

:rofl:

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonwantsRogerGoodellstrophy.jpg

kirklandrules
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
In Corporate America, Goodell would be fired. Discussing personnel decisions with parties (in particular the media) outside your company is usually a punishable offense. Usually the verbage states: Punishment up to and including termination. So does Goodell not face the same scrutiny almost all of us face with our employment? In sum, not only is Goodell a sh!tty commish, he's a sh!tty lawyer for not understanding confidentiality.

Steelrule
02-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Just who does Goodell have pictures of that he gets to keep his job?

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Just who does Goodell have pictures of that he gets to keep his job?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/FavrePressConference.jpg

MACH1
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
i'm as shocked as anyone else, faulk never supports the steelers

i sill think he's a douche bag, though

This.

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/rg1.jpg

ZoneBlitzer
02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/rg1.jpg

Great upload! What did Faulk say exactly? I'm having a hard time believing this.